Jagex Company Status: Active - Proposal to Strike off

Mercifull

Please keep this shit out of general discussions. This has absolutely nothing to do with Runescape.

This post intrigues me. Why exactly does it matter where this post goes?

'Cause no one ain't got time for pre-apocalyptic ramblings - in real like or in virtual reality for that fact!

No one is making this into an apocalyptic anything except maybe the people who don't want to discuss it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Please keep this shit out of general discussions. This has absolutely nothing to do with Runescape.

This post intrigues me. Why exactly does it matter where this post goes?

'Cause no one ain't got time for pre-apocalyptic ramblings - in real like or in virtual reality for that fact!

No one is making this into an apocalyptic anything except maybe the people who don't want to discuss it.

The saying food for thought comes to mind.

Add me on rs Kim :).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I totally forgot about Pliigi/SDCentral until now. Is Stellar Dawn still going to be a thing? (I see their website is still up with "coming soon").

Stellar Dawn was not cancelled. It was 'paused' until better times to leave more resources for Transformers Universe development. I assume once TFU is released and starts bringing in $$$, they will resume work on SD again.

Ontopic:

JPSXm.png

Not much to lose I guess...

Yeah, I figured the penalties would be much stiffer than that.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Too bad there is no Jagex discussion section and this does not really belong into offtopic either.

As others have said, I doubt that this will really impact Runescape in any kind of way.

@ Cheefoo

This is the GD section, and this is really the only appropriate board for this kind of discussion.

Last I checked, Jagex owned and operated Runescape.

Yea, what does an issue affecting Jagex have to do with RuneScape? I mean, it's not like the two are connected.

I doubt that they will shut down Jagex. The investors wouldn't let this cash cow die so easy.

Maybe we should have a Jagex General Discussions forum. We seem to get a new thread about this kind of stuff every few days.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Maybe we should have a Jagex General Discussions forum. We seem to get a new thread about this kind of stuff every few days.

I'm honestly not sure there's enough to warrant a separate section of the forum just for Jagex-specific updates. But feel free to start a new topic here and suggest it.

• Like 2

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Can anyone access this thread? I'm trying to figure out if it links to the high level forums or to some kind of private Jmod/Pmod forum:

[use Quick Find Code]/c=SXypBZ5UUHU/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?259,260,916,64169690

http://minus.com/l8wVH0wZPNOTx

edit: bonus points for identifying all the bookmarks

• Like 1

Can anyone access this thread? I'm trying to figure out if it links to the high level forums or to some kind of private Jmod/Pmod forum:

[use Quick Find Code]/c=SXypBZ5UUHU/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?259,260,916,64169690

35ivhpi.png

loldg

I'm guessing he didn't actually read the article I wrote, since I say several times that Jagex would never be shut down because the procedure means Companies House doesn't view them as actively doing business, something which is pretty hard to miss for the biggest MMO developer in the country.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So they're three months late as it is, and they're being given another three months to pay with no further financial penalties? Can I get that same deal on my bills? :lol:

Still, it's good to see that the size or popularity of a company has no bearing on enforcement of the rules. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The report's finally out...3 months+ late.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5iRY6C8tGKLcGhlblVoN1hkbUE/edit

They had bad numbers indeed. From a basic skim, they had a 9.5 million pound loss for the year. They still have about 10 million pounds of funds left.

They made a point of including a seperate, not required pstt of the report basically saying how successful they were until March of the year (6mil pound profit) but for the whole year still managed to come out 9.5 mil in the red. I don't actually remember what happened around mar 2011...

The people at stellar dawn central will probably read a lot more deeper into everything and write their analysis.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

The report's finally out.

https://docs.google....lVoN1hkbUE/edit

They had bad numbers indeed. From a basic skim, they had a 9.5 million pound loss for the year. They still have about 10 million pounds of funds left.

The people at stellar dawn central will probably read a lot more deeper into everything and write their analysis.

The way I read page 4 is that they had a loss of 9.9M in a 9 month window, but still had a fiscal year end profit of 6.7M.

I do look forward to SDC's analysis since they're always so good at plucking the right info and graphing it.

The fiscal year ended Mar, so the 9 months is between Mar and Dec..that's the 9.5 mil pound loss. So however you look at it, Jagex was in the red that year.

Someone needs to dig up exactly what happened Mar-Dec 2011

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I think reading it at a skim as a lose is flawed. I mean granted PR etc but we know they invested lots in some big lawsuits past year or so and Jmods have mentioned that they have been reinvesting most of the profits to expand and start new ventures.

We really need more account knowledgeable folk to pick through and determine what money went where to see if the existing businesses turned a profit within themselves; opposed to the overall picture being a loss which could be due to investment.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue