Icefiends/Slayer XP nerfed to the ground

Calm Koala

We'll see when I get the task next. I'm hoping to get the few tokens I need for chaotic before then, but I have other staffs if necessary :) I just normally prefer to dual wield or use a shield

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think they did some defense buffing since then, not sure. I had Ahrims wand, it wasn't enough. Once I get the tokens I will try chaotic staff.

The Ahrims wand + shield was not enough accuracy to dmg them. Bestiary says they have 80 defence, 80 attack, 1 ranged, and 1 magic.

A player with level 80 armour bonus will have 31.25% (according to the Wiki) of t80 armour put towards magic defence, which is about equal to 100% of level 75 magic defence.

If you assume that holds for monsters, then your mithril dragon has 2280 * .3125 = 712.5 armour vs magic (or 2888 * .3125 = 902.5 if miths have a shield as well). That's not taking into account defence/magic level because I have no clue how that's added (if at all). Armour taken without cape/ring/amulet, but with gloves/boots/top/legs/helm.

Your weapon accuracy bonus with t70 (Ahrim's), t75 (polypore/sol) and t80 is:

1868 (t70)

2384 (t75)

3043 (t80)

If you take really crudely just 1868 vs. 712 attack vs defence roll, you get 1076544/1330016 = ~80% accuracy.

If you simply add 99 magic to the one and 80 defence to the other, you get 1967 vs. 792 which gives you 1244232/1557864 = ~0,80% accuracy.

With shield, adding levels, you get 1449432/1931594 = ~0,75% accuracy.

(take the lowest roll squared, divide by two and subtract from the product of attack and defence roll - basically a matrix of all possible combinations of attack & defence rolls, there is a triangle equal to half the smallest roll squared which is either hits or misses depending on which roll is smallest)

I'm not really trying to prove anything here, just thinking aloud. Right now I'd consider the possibility that monsters have an entirely separate system, which makes sense considering they have more specific weaknesses, but on the other hand it seems overly complicated. It's also possible that defence/armour points are not equal to attack/hit bonus points which would be somewhat annoying.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yea it's all very confusing. But I know with ahrims wand and an arcane shield I was taking way too much damage and not hitting much at all. I'm guessing that the staff would help a lot as it has a higher accuracy due to being 2h I believe? Either way I am guessing trying to do them with a shield is bad.

Serena_Sedai.png

Yea it's all very confusing. But I know with ahrims wand and an arcane shield I was taking way too much damage and not hitting much at all. I'm guessing that the staff would help a lot as it has a higher accuracy due to being 2h I believe? Either way I am guessing trying to do them with a shield is bad.

Part of the staff advantage is the extra dmg per hit, without an offhand casting a spell your losing out on dps using just a wand versus a stave or wand/offhand combo.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

The only valid reason for using a shield against a Mithril Dragon would be antifire, for those without 84+1 herblore. I'm not sure why you would use an arcane in those circumstances, except to look fancy maybe. The damage reduction is surely countered by the far superior damage caused by staves/dual wields.

Well since we're discussing the slayer xp nerf now, can an admin change the title of the thread to reflect that?

Responding to my previous thread:

Pre-Eoc slayer had worthwhile rewards that reflected well on how the skill was trained. It was by no means a ridiculously slow skill, but it was still one of the slowest in the game. I was getting around 50-60kxp/hr (without steel titan and cannon, it's possible to get a lot higher). The initial introduction of EOC brought slayer xp up substantially, upwards of 100-120k hr (This is for me, using the same levels) with a proper task list. Kill-speed increased, and so did xp. Slayer drops soon plummeted, whips went from ~1.5m to their current price of 100k in a span of 3 months. This was okay, because slayer was a lot more bearable to train, and more interesting due to combat changes. This update kills slayer xp for a lot of monsters. I'll use steel dragons as an example.

EOC Introduction - Steel dragons are 398 xp/kill. They go down fairly easily and give some of the best slayer xp/hr in game

EOC Accuracy/Defense Changes - Steel dragons are 398 xp/kill. They are [bleep]ing impossible to down without anything but top-tier weapons, most people skip them completely.

EOC Accuracy/Defense Tweak - Steel dragons are 398 xp/kill. They are doable, although at a relatively slower rate. They give good slayer xp, but not quite as much.

EOC Hidden Update - Steel Dragons are 200 xp/kill. Low xp coupled with unnecessary difficulty makes this task complete garbage now.

This same trend can be seen for a lot of monsters, most notably: ganodermic creatures, mithril dragons (still impossible to do unless you have virtus/access to overloads), strykewyrms, and others.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

From a thread on the RSOF:

Dual Wielding fixes have been made to the game

As I went to barrage my Dagganoth task' date=' I noticed how much more powerful this casting was, and faster too! Excited, I went to training dummies and began testing all sides of the combat triangle.

All Sides of the combat triangle have been given AT LEAST a 25% DPS increase! Some as big as 50%!

But As I went on, I noticed some MAJOR inconsistencies.

*ALL Tests were done with Turm/Anguish/Torment, Overloads, and Void Armor for that respective combat class*

Problems/Fixes/New Things:

ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS I NOTICED:

Auto Attacks seem to be MUCH weaker than before FOR MAGIC ELEMENTAL, especially since they buffed ability damage. Another thing, this is MOST noticeable in Magic Autocasting, a little noticeable with melee, and not noticeable at all with Range.

Try Hitting anything with an auto attack, even with momentum, Magic rarely hits above a 600, and almost always is 200-300. A Staff with auto attacks in now horrible

+ is Positive

- Is Negative

Magic Findings:

- Auto Attack damage is terrible for Elemental spells.

+ Auto Attack damage was boosted for Ancient Spells

+ Dual Wielding auto attacks seem faster than before (2 Hit splats)

+ Wild Magic now hits twice

+ Wrack Hits over 2.3K If Dual Wielding/Staff!

+ About a 50% Damage Boost to ALL abilities, if using 2H/Dual wield

- When Using Staff, Auto attack takes forever to cast after using an ability.

- Torment Prayer has no effect on Magic.

@@@@@@ +++ ICE BARRAGE HITS AS A LEVEL 94 WEAPON @@@@@@

+ When Using a wand, You can Spam Wrack + Auto attack at the same time.

Melee Findings:

- Auto Attack damage seems slightly lower than before (main problem is a big inconsistency in hits. Hit 100 one hit, 1.9K the next)

+ Dual Wielding is MUCH stronger (Duh)

+ Hit Over 2.5K with Slice (Drygores)

- Decimate/Havoc Majorly Nerfed. Hits same as Slice. (100% Damage). Not Worth using because Slice has 3 Second Cooldown

- Massacre Nerfed (Hits very low usually, and bleed is half of what it used to be)

-+ 50% Buff to all abilities EXCEPT most dual wield abilities were Nerfed (ironic.)

Range Findings:

+ Auto attacks seem VERY powerful (Can hit over 3K with Royal Crossbow)

+ Piecing Shot can hit over 2.1K (Royal Crossbow)

= Rapid Fire remained the same (Only ability that didn't change!)

- Deadshot Majorly nerfed (Hits low and bleed is much worse)

+ All Abilities saw a 25-50% Increase in DPS!

DID NOT TEST DUAL WIELDING RANGE.

I do not have chaotic crossbows. If anyone can test them using Ovld, Anguish, and Void would be very helpful. Although I imagine the result will be the same as Royal xBow

Will add more if found/suggested.

CONCLUSION:

Magic: Abilties VERY powerful. Ancients Stronger than Elemental. Auto Attacks need to be SERIOUSLY looked at.

Melee: Great fix to dual wielding, and overall increase in DPS. Auto Attacks need to be looked at, and something needs to be done to Massacre/Decimate/Havoc

Range: Came out on top. Everything was boosted, from auto attack to abilities EXCEPT Deadshot. Needs to be looked at

[/quote']

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Gf using momentum ever again.

Meh, could be perception but I'm using momentum while training magic and I noticed a DPS increase aswell. Even with a lousy master wand.

Vmser.png

Ancient is for now indeed better =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

• 3 weeks later...

QBD and Aviansies now a slayer task, should be interesting.

Also, this is HUGE "

-Several common Slayer creatures have had their life points increased."

Abby demons now have DOUBLE LP, and I suspect mutated jad males as well. Both of which are awesome tasks. I think ice strykes are the same as before, dark beasts are still 3750

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Also, this is HUGE "

Abby demons now have DOUBLE LP, and I suspect mutated jad males as well. Both of which are awesome tasks. I think ice strykes are the same as before, dark beasts are still 3750

I heard they didn't double the slayer xp, only the LP. Which wouldn't surprise me at all given the recent track record of incompetency.

Asmodean <3

Also, this is HUGE "

I heard they didn't double the slayer xp, only the LP. Which wouldn't surprise me at all given the recent track record of incompetency.

If they didn't do Slayer exp aswell, expect an huuuuuge uproar on the RSOF!

Account Help

They already nerfed the xp, and now if they raise hp without even giving us any xp... it will be nerfed and then nerfed again.. wtf are they trying to do to slayer?

Serena_Sedai.png

They already nerfed the xp, and now if they raise hp without even giving us any xp... it will be nerfed and then nerfed again.. wtf are they trying to do to slayer?

Make it so the best way to train slayer is to buy SoF spins to get slayer lamps.

• Like 1

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

You mean it isn't?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Stop defending broken content.

These were *extremely* needed changes, underpowered monsters have been the single biggest problem of the EoC update. Slayer exp rates were too high because they rushed the update before all the monsters and items were updated. That was incompetent, not them fixing it now. So many guys only care about their experience points it's ridiculous...

I'm alright with them changing and nerfing things. That happens and it is important. What I'm not ok is with them randomly changing stuff over time with no explanation, and without considering every aspect. Slayer has changed practically every week's update in the past few weeks, sometimes silently nerfing monster xp or changing stuff around.

It could've used a lot more work at the beginning before EoC launched.. I want them to be consistent and explain themselves when they make changes like that.

Serena_Sedai.png