Hey I figured I would add my input here as I'm one of the few that this actually effects. I really don't have a problem with the 25k/hr average tbh. 25k/hr is definitely achievable and like every skill the set xp rates are all on the "fastest reasonable XP rates". As an example of those with 99 fletching how many of them realistically reached the 500k xp/h I would be willing to bet 0 as I haven't heard of anyone having enough bolts to do that. Doesn't mean it isn't accurate though.

People are never going to be happy with slayer though as there's way too many factors and way too in depth of a skill to tie down to a set rate. Its entirely possible to get under 10k an hr in slayer even at level 99 with terrible rng on tasks. However somebody that can hit 24k/hr in RC will pretty much be able to hit that every hour if they attempt to with little variation.

Even the difference between getting a empty full spawn world on a kalphite task compared to a med/low pop world is like 4k/hr difference. Factoring in the time wasted hopping 9000 times just to find an empty world at kalphites nowadays is even more. There's tons of little factors like this in slayer which is why its really hard to tie it down to a set amount.

Regarding range level effecting cannon you're completely correct in saying that Foot, it was proven by one of my idols back in the days I found the thread link too http://forums.zybez.... Its nothing huge by any means but I believe its there and only noticeably apparent at very low range levels, didn't stop me bringing range pots to dagganoth tasks though.

Basing XP rates off records is definitely very dumb though, especially for slayer. Even If i had a huge 6hr log, nothing to do for 24hr and 20 cans of redbull I couldn't know if I would be able to beat my record for sure. Task rng has a lot more control on it than I could ever have. Pretty much why I've never bothered.

tl;dr: 25k/hr is fine but nobody is realistically going to reach it consistently, which is also fine.

Hey I figured I would add my input here as I'm one of the few that this actually effects. I really don't have a problem with the 25k/hr average tbh. 25k/hr is definitely achievable and like every skill the set xp rates are all on the "fastest reasonable XP rates". As an example of those with 99 fletching how many of them realistically reached the 500k xp/h I would be willing to bet 0 as I haven't heard of anyone having enough bolts to do that. Doesn't mean it isn't accurate though.

People are never going to be happy with slayer though as there's way too many factors and way too in depth of a skill to tie down to a set rate. Its entirely possible to get under 10k an hr in slayer even at level 99 with terrible rng on tasks. However somebody that can hit 24k/hr in RC will pretty much be able to hit that every hour if they attempt to with little variation.

Even the difference between getting a empty full spawn world on a kalphite task compared to a med/low pop world is like 4k/hr difference. Factoring in the time wasted hopping 9000 times just to find an empty world at kalphites nowadays is even more. There's tons of little factors like this in slayer which is why its really hard to tie it down to a set amount.

Regarding range level effecting cannon you're completely correct in saying that Foot, it was proven by one of my idols back in the days I found the thread link too http://forums.zybez.... Its nothing huge by any means but I believe its there and only noticeably apparent at very low range levels, didn't stop me bringing range pots to dagganoth tasks though.

Basing XP rates off records is definitely very dumb though, especially for slayer. Even If i had a huge 6hr log, nothing to do for 24hr and 20 cans of redbull I couldn't know if I would be able to beat my record for sure. Task rng has a lot more control on it than I could ever have. Pretty much why I've never bothered.

tl;dr: 25k/hr is fine but nobody is realistically going to reach it consistently, which is also fine.

Add me.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

The theory is that the cannon simply has the maximum accuracy roll as the style you are currently using. So, when meleeing, it would supposedly use EA * (1 + Style/64) where EA = effective attack level and Style = your stab, slash, or crush bonus (whatever is currently in use). The same idea would apply for ranged. It sounds like she ranged while cannoning, so that would be the expected result. I haven't personally done any extensive testing, and it would be hard to without being able to get -64 Ranged attack bonus (guarantees 0% accuracy from anything roll based on ranged bonus).

She wasn't ranging she got 99 slayer entirely from cannoning tasks (had 99 range and slay with 10 hitpoints) so she had alot of time to work out how range level effected cannon.

I was actually planning to do something similar in 07 and achieve 99 range purely from cannon while slaying but I kinda lost motivation when the only person close in slayer stopped playing competitively so I just chinned the rest of 99 but I did get to 93 entirely off cannon though.

The weapon damage bonus thing is true as well and been proven, I wasn't arguing that but range level/bonus does factor in aswell.

Heres a small test I found googling it but I'm sure there's somebody that has gone alot more in-depth into it but the pattern seems to remain true throughout everybody's results.

Melee attack bonus of -27, I gave up after 3 rotations, barely hit at all.

Melee attack bonus of 60 I got 18.83 xp/cannonball

Melee attack bonus of 154 I got 22.142 xp/cannonball

Range attack bonus of 159 I got 21.074 xp/cannonball

Melee bonus of 154 + extreme range potion I got 24.954 xp/cannonball

Test was done with 1k balls and auto off so all damage was done by cannon.

Pretty sure the max attack roll thing was confirmed. It's possible that it uses the highest bonus in each style, which explains the extreme ranged potion thing. You'd get the same effect with an extreme attack potion.

If you train ranged outside of cannoning and chinning, you won't beat anyone to max, it's almost the slowest skill in the game using traditional methods.

That's what you would expect which is why he chose to use a extreme range potion with a stacked melee attack bonus and it continued to increase xp/ball.

Also if you are referring to me I wasn't ever aiming to be first to max I would of figured that was obvious when I continued to slay after 99.

I may change slayer past lvl 90 to 24k xp/h. I also will lower the smithing xp rate, raise farming xp rate, and perhaps account for the agility and mining xp from the abyss.

Also, you can now show time graphs for a 99 all skills goal. Just put "&target=13034431" at the end of the URL.

http://www.crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/timegraph.php?user=foot&time=604800&target=13034431

This isn't a polished feature, so the graph title still says 200m all skills. Also, there is no link to change goal to 99 all yet. I'm just busy.

Update of the Top Ten

1. Jebrim - 1671hrs to max - 3 skills 99 - (+85hrs)

(+10.2m xp) After reaching fishing 99 (500k) Jebrim went on to Cooking (2.3m xp)

and finished it at 99. gz to him

he also did much off smithing and crafting (1.4m xp 1,5m xp)

recent 99s: Fishing and Cook

coming 99s: none

2. Woox16 - 1736hrs to max - 0 skills 99 - (+84 hrs)

(+6.0m xp) Our slowskiller trained much of woodcutting this week (4.7m xp)

not much gains in other skills (350k rc and 300k farm)

Recent 99s: none

Coming 99s:

3. Razzeh - 1751hrs to max - 7 skills 99 - (+98hrs)

(+17.8m xp) Razzeh's racing through total lvls with getting rank 1 in total.

He boosted out much of cooking (9.0m xp) and looks like he should reach

99 in cooking in about 2-3 days at this pace. He also did a bit of crafting (1.5m xp)

and herblore (1.4m xp)

Coming 99s: none but 1900 total lvl

4. foot - 1773hrs to max - 5 skills 99 - (+76hrs)

(+ 5.1m xp) Foot mostly did herblore (2.1m xp) rc (1.8m xp) and usual farm gains

(630k) it looks like he's going for rc 99 (or atleast 91) and training buyables with

the cash he made.

Coming 99s: none

5. Alkan - 1792hrs to max - 0 skills 99 - (+76hrs)

(+8.8m xp) Big Dick Alkan stopped crafting at 98 and went on cooking (3.5m xp)

he also did much of farming (1.4m xp) looks like he's one of the only top ten player

who focus on farm 99 in shorter time. Other gains are rc (1m xp) crafting (1m xp) and fishing

(750k)

Coming 99s: Da [bleep] won't make dem 99 yet

6. Osrs Zezima - 1802hrs to max - 2 skills 99 - (+0 hrs)

(+76 xp) Miller's crashing the highscores with making 2 teleports for 76 magic xp

7. Eg Froggen - 1803 hrs to max - 5 skills 99 - (+35 hrs)

(+2.1m xp) Froggen hitting dem stones for some nice mining gains (+2m xp)

8. User - 1819hrs to max - 4 skills 99 - (+72 hrs)

(+5.5m xp) Woo as user said he finished off woodcutting (1.7m xp)

and agilitized much (3.5m xp) he should reach agi in about 1.5-2 weeks at that

pace.

recent 99s: Woodcutting

Coming 99s: Agility

9. Hersen - 1889hrs to max - 0 skills 99 - (+81hrs)

(+7.5m xp) Our new Top ten Member did much off Crafting this week (3.8m xp)

seems to be a very popular skill atm 'cause most of the top ten are doing it lol.

he also did some rc (880k) mining and agility (778k both) and farm gains

(660k)

10. Rapunz3liili - 1896hrs to max - 6 skills 99 - (+7 hrs)

(+7.3m xp) Still just combat gains. No 99 all skills contender.

• Like 2

thx for the update :)

this is perhaps a bit off topic, but I've been wondering what are the accurate chances to pass the obstacle in the abyss. Rs wiki says "the chances of passing are approximately skill level ÷ 99"

can some1 confirm this?

My yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

That sounds pretty made up, especially since there's no link to any sort of data. Maybe a jmod confirmed it at some point, but I haven't seen it if that's the case.

Alkan has stated that he's currently going for 99 Runecrafting untrimmed.

Source: Check out a few more recent videos on his newer YouTube channel "Alkanrs", he's talked about it there.

I'd like to note, in preparation for the next update, that both Woox and Razzeh have been training Woodcutting at a much faster rate than Foot's calculator assumes. Foot's still too lazy to fix it.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I'd like to note, in preparation for the next update, that both Woox and Razzeh have been training Woodcutting at a much faster rate than Foot's calculator assumes. Foot's still too lazy to fix it.

the max xp hr for wc is about 90k-95k right?

That's because to Jebrim, school is a prison. Hence why he dropped out in order to play rs.

as he often said, it wasn't just because of rs. why do everyone thinks high lvl players are just a group of dumb people which all quit school for rs?...

stupid noobs lol

they're maybe more intelligent then all of you "haters"

That's because to Jebrim, school is a prison. Hence why he dropped out in order to play rs.

as he often said, it wasn't just because of rs. why do everyone thinks high lvl players are just a group of dumb people which all quit school for rs?...

stupid noobs lol

they're maybe more intelligent then all of you "haters"

I never said anything about "high level players" only Jebrim. I realize there was more to him dropping out than just rs. There are more high level players who have went through school than ones who have dropped out.