Would you bot if it wasn't against the rules? Is the only thing stopping you from botting the fact that you put at risk losing your account? Or do you choose to not bot because nobody would view the Xp gained as legit in the first place? Afk'd Xp is nearly just as meaningless as botted Xp. Neither is legit. It also feels far more meaningful to you when you know you actually worked hard for it instead of taking some ridiculously easy way out.

Or from another perspective, would you want to play in a game where everyone botted and you were one of the only legit players in the game? Maybe you'd try to convince others to not bot their skills and actually play instead. That's kinda how I feel about people afking skills and why I make a big deal about it.

Anyways, that's my reasoning. You can continue to afk your stats if you want, but know that there are some people out there that will just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. Back on topic now. :)

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I AFK train because it's more efficient in the bigger picture-- it allows me to complete my RL goals (which are, by far, a much higher priority in my life than RS is) while completing my RS goals simultaneously. And yes, I would definitely bot if:

a) the thing I was botting wasn't fun, but I considered it "necessary" to achieve an additional RS goal (e.g. quest requirements; moneymaking)

b) it wasn't against the rules

Basically after I graduated high school and began to actually set RL goals for myself, most of my time spent RS was as AFK as possible. Just doesn't make sense to me to focus my attention on a game when I could be focusing on RL things such as increasing my income, dating, and exercising.

Ideally, the only time I'm actually "active" on RS is when I've got plenty of free time in RL, I've made progress for my long-term goals for the day, all my RL friends are busy, etc. Sadly in EOC there isn't anything fun left to do, so most of it comes from PvP in 07scape. But even then PvP isn't that fun till endgame, and I don't really have the time or the patience to train 99 range/mage for a 3rd time, so those skills will have to come along slowly and AFK. Too bad botting's against the rules, that'd save a lot of effort on my part :lol:

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Dark Lust is a she. Also, please don't refer to Jebrim as a "Agility God".

His ego is big enough as it is.

oh didn't know dark lust is a she.

about jebrim, it was more ment as a joke 'cause he think he's the god.

he won't even be first to 200m agi in 07.

but i still find it amazing how far jebrim come in agility. 700m xp is nice, but still a huge "xp waste" getting so much xp in a single skill

Dark Lust is a she. Also, please don't refer to Jebrim as a "Agility God".

His ego is big enough as it is.

oh didn't know dark lust is a she.

about jebrim, it was more ment as a joke 'cause he think he's the god.

he won't even be first to 200m agi in 07.

but i still find it amazing how far jebrim come in agility. 700m xp is nice, but still a huge "xp waste" getting so much xp in a single skill

It's not that I think I'm a god. There's only a handful of things I'm really good at that few or no one can match. Setting nolifing records, xp/hr rates at Brimhaven and Flash Powder Factory, stuff like that. I don't think I'm the god of skilling or efficiency. Foot is definitely a much better player than I am. But I am still very disappointed in how terrible many people are at this game. Everyone's addicted to afk'd xp and seeing at how the race to maxed is already down to just a small handful of people is a pretty poor sight to see. It's like everyone in this game forgot all the skilling knowledge that was gained over the past few years. It's not that I think I'm good, it's just that I think everyone else is bad. People can't even meet up to a few simple standards.

This "Jebrim has a big ego" stuff really has to stop. I don't want you guys to worship me, in fact I find that annoying usually. I want them to have some dignity because honestly it's just embarrassing for them. Just talk to me with the same amount of respect you'd use with any other random adult that you don't know.

EDIT: Maxing is an xp waste from Agility. "Efficiency" is relative only to your personal goals. It doesn't necessarily have to be maxing. smile.png

i understand the fact that stuff like "you're a big ego" etc. will be annoying.

i also like the way you play the game, but i think everyones saying such bad things to you because you talk tooo much about yourselfand how bad the others are.

i know that afking xps isn't the gameplay in 07, afking is eoc.

but you have to understand that much players (included me) obly can afk for most time because they got much stuff irl to do, like learning or something like that.

about the agility god, i only said that, because you said a while back that you are the true master of agility, i know you got most xp, but the true master will aöways be the one whodid it first to 200m wink.png

I think you misunderstood something lol! The name of my clan is "True Masters of Agility".

nah i don't misunderstood you, but i know that you said that you're in your opinion the true number 1 of agility.

i don't care if you say that because it is true, by xp you're the number 1.

and i don't say anything about your ego, it's not my problem if someone got a big ego, they should have.

but seriously, does it piss you off that much 'cause of my joke? it's like the same when i say alkan got a big dick, also a joke ;) haha nah joking.

if you don't want that i make some jokes on you in my update say it i will stop it.

btw. to everyone:

should i keep making the updates or are they to bad? just say it :P

edit: and should i keep tracking top 10 or should i make top 15?

@Jebrim - If you weren't to make such idiotic statements about how other players play the game(the way they enjoy it, and not caring too much about missing any ticks) then no one would say anything about your ego. However, time after time you choose to do so.

You've got to remember, we're playing a game here. Runescape is not life(although it may be for you) it isn't for us all.

So the day you stop caring 24/7 about gaining the best xp possible and flaming others for not doing so is the day we stop commenting about your ego. :)

EDIT: He says speak to him with the same amount of respect as anyone else. Hypocritical much? Herpina.

• Like 8

Jebrim might come over as an egoistic person, but I have been friends with him for a few months, and he is actually a pretty cool guy. He knows a lot about Agility, and he doesn't resist to share his knowledge with us.

The thing that makes him come over as an ass is that he doesn't give a flying [bleep] what other people think about him, and that he is a to-the-point guy, he doesn't talk around the hot stone, he says how it is: "Effecient? You wasted 4 ticks you piece of shit". And that doesn't come very nice over to some of us, which is understandable.

He might also judge the effeciency of others, even though the effeciency has no big priority in the context. Which is a thing he needs to change in.

And let us be real, arguing with the1general over him and his personality is so 2009, lol.

Would you bot if it wasn't against the rules? Is the only thing stopping you from botting the fact that you put at risk losing your account? Or do you choose to not bot because nobody would view the Xp gained as legit in the first place?

No, I would not bot. Regardless of how much physical attention I give the game directly, if I'm getting xp and levels, it's me clicking to get them. I see little point to pay for a game if I'm just going to have a machine play it.

I could care less how other people view my xp

Anyways, that's my reasoning. You can continue to afk your stats if you want, but know that there are some people out there that will just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Please, be one of those people then, and ignore it.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

lmfao who cares about XP as a measurement of progress or achievement? The SOLE purpose of getting XP for a huge portion of players is so they can get high enough str/range/mage to effectively kill people. There's zero 'achievement' in clicking the same pixels ad infinitum... Some people. Wow.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I AFK train because it's more efficient in the bigger picture-- it allows me to complete my RL goals (which are, by far, a much higher priority in my life than RS is) while completing my RS goals simultaneously. And yes, I would definitely bot if:

a) the thing I was botting wasn't fun, but I considered it "necessary" to achieve an additional RS goal (e.g. quest requirements; moneymaking)

b) it wasn't against the rules

Basically after I graduated high school and began to actually set RL goals for myself, most of my time spent RS was as AFK as possible. Just doesn't make sense to me to focus my attention on a game when I could be focusing on RL things such as increasing my income, dating, and exercising.

Ideally, the only time I'm actually "active" on RS is when I've got plenty of free time in RL, I've made progress for my long-term goals for the day, all my RL friends are busy, etc. Sadly in EOC there isn't anything fun left to do, so most of it comes from PvP in 07scape. But even then PvP isn't that fun till endgame, and I don't really have the time or the patience to train 99 range/mage for a 3rd time, so those skills will have to come along slowly and AFK. Too bad botting's against the rules, that'd save a lot of effort on my part :lol:

Why is botting against the rules in the first place? There was a reason, it wasn't just a completely random decision lol. Nobody wants to play or compete in a game full of cheaters.

@Jebrim - If you weren't to make such idiotic statements about how other players play the game(the way they enjoy it, and not caring too much about missing any ticks) then no one would say anything about your ego. However, time after time you choose to do so.

You've got to remember, we're playing a game here. Runescape is not life(although it may be for you) it isn't for us all.

So the day you stop caring 24/7 about gaining the best xp possible and flaming others for not doing so is the day we stop commenting about your ego. :)

EDIT: He says speak to him with the same amount of respect as anyone else. Hypocritical much? Herpina.

I don't care if you don't do the best Xp possible. Doing Brimhaven isn't that. I just don't want to see anyone botting or afking xp or gp and frankly such content shouldn't even be in the game in the first place. It's a big reason why I want to make my own game.

Jebrim might come over as an egoistic person, but I have been friends with him for a few months, and he is actually a pretty cool guy. He knows a lot about Agility, and he doesn't resist to share his knowledge with us.

The thing that makes him come over as an ass is that he doesn't give a flying [bleep] what other people think about him, and that he is a to-the-point guy, he doesn't talk around the hot stone, he says how it is: "Effecient? You wasted 4 ticks you piece of shit". And that doesn't come very nice over to some of us, which is understandable.

He might also judge the effeciency of others, even though the effeciency has no big priority in the context. Which is a thing he needs to change in.

And let us be real, arguing with the1general over him and his personality is so 2009, lol.

Two things here. I don't care about efficiency and I think people are confusing my interest in micro-efficiency with macro-efficiency. I'm currently afking in RS to type up this post. But I am not gaining Xp as I do it and I'm wasting time. That's fine. But when I'm trying and actively actually playing the game, I try to go as fast as I can.

The second thing is that you truly don't know me if you think I'd say anything like that. I don't insult people. If I say anything that might be demeaning, like calling someone a noob, it's more based on fact, not some random insult like "you piece of shit" lol. That's just immature imo.

Btw I had you added for a short time years ago. I barely knew you. Don't pretend you know me please.

lmfao who cares about XP as a measurement of progress or achievement? The SOLE purpose of getting XP for a huge portion of players is so they can get high enough str/range/mage to effectively kill people. There's zero 'achievement' in clicking the same pixels ad infinitum... Some people. Wow.

This is a thread about the first to get all 99s. A skilling thread. Of course you're going to have to assume the competitors don't play for the same reasons you do lol.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Here's an example of the ridiculousness of this afk stuff. The guy that's about to get rank 1 in Thieving walks around his house with a wireless mouse doing his real life business while leftclicking his mouse. In the game he's pickpocketing Knights of Ardougne.

Another even more extreme example. The first guy in eoc to get 200m def, Miles15, did it at bandits while he went to school or slept. You can afk it up to 6 hours.

You tell me if these people deserve those rank 1's.

I know a couple people who afk'd rocktails or ivy on their smartphones while they're in class to get 200m xp in those respective skills. Did they deserve those?

Skilling, particularly past 99, is very much about the achievement. An achievement has to be difficult by definition, otherwise it isn't an "achievement". If you cheated your way to get the final result, the final value of it in the end is much less than it otherwise would've been. Maybe this is all so tough for you guys to understand since none of you actually skill for anything aside from getting the requirements for various things in the game.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Here's an example of the ridiculousness of this afk stuff. The guy that's about to get rank 1 in Thieving walks around his house with a wireless mouse doing his real life business while leftclicking his mouse. In the game he's pickpocketing Knights of Ardougne.

Another even more extreme example. The first guy in eoc to get 200m def, Miles15, did it at bandits while he went to school or slept. You can afk it up to 6 hours.

I know a couple people who afk'd rocktails or ivy on their smartphones while they're in class to get 200m xp in those respective skills. Did they deserve those?

Skilling, particularly past 99, is very much about the achievement. An achievement has to be difficult by definition, otherwise it isn't an "achievement". If you cheated your way to get the final result, the final value of it in the end is much less than it otherwise would've been. Maybe this is all so tough for you guys to understand since none of you actually skill for anything aside from getting the requirements for various things in the game.

If you're harping at people for doing that, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. Doing something such as pickpocketing dwarf traders on your phone at a class is extremely allocatively efficient because it allocates time that couldn't be expended gaining xp to a much more appropriate use. Similarly, walking around your house while pressing a button allows you to allocate time to RS that would have been spent doing housework or taking breaks. You of all people should be able to appreciate that.

There's a difference between allocating more time in favor of RS by doing afk stuff and doing afk stuff out of laziness. I don't think that the casual player does rocktails because it allows them to gain more xp per day (I did rocktails for 10m xp because I could get over 500k xp/day, vs 200k or so from C2s), but rather because they're lazy. I think it's alright to gripe on people for being lazy, but I don't think any truly lazy person would be able to be dedicated enough to get a hard 200m. All you're really doing is getting mad that people produced more with less effort than you did. And that's kind of silly.

• Like 1

But really, where is the treadmill for afk agility xp?

Well there's that Bike in the Blast Furnace that gives like....1xp every couple seconds

Does that count?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

i don't think afking is like botting... because you still click the mouse everytime by yourself.

if you work 8 hrs a day and play runescape efficently for those 8hrs, it would still be efficenter by afking the other 8hrs.

afking has the different to bots that you still click by urself, and this is what i think important to me.

If you're harping at people for doing that, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. Doing something such as pickpocketing dwarf traders on your phone at a class is extremely allocatively efficient because it allocates time that couldn't be expended gaining xp to a much more appropriate use. Similarly, walking around your house while pressing a button allows you to allocate time to RS that would have been spent doing housework or taking breaks. You of all people should be able to appreciate that.

There's a difference between allocating more time in favor of RS by doing afk stuff and doing afk stuff out of laziness. I don't think that the casual player does rocktails because it allows them to gain more xp per day (I did rocktails for 10m xp because I could get over 500k xp/day, vs 200k or so from C2s), but rather because they're lazy. I think it's alright to gripe on people for being lazy, but I don't think any truly lazy person would be able to be dedicated enough to get a hard 200m. All you're really doing is getting mad that people produced more with less effort than you did. And that's kind of silly.

Being efficient isn't the endgoal but it seems a lot of you guys worship that. Xp to me is only a measure of how much work, time, and sacrifice you've put into skilling. It's only a tool in determining that because only work, time, and sacrifice gives it any value. If you didn't have to put any of that in, there'd be no reason to respect anything you obtained. Achievements matter, not a number stored on a server somewhere. I see two possible reasons for doing post-99 xp or rank. The first is for the achievement and to have pride in having completed something you know wasn't easy. The second is to do some easy cheap method to get some fake sense of achievement and to hope people respect the number instead of the work itself.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

At the end of the day, the big difference here is: you care about things like XP, rank, and making things harder than they need to be. I couldn't care less about any of that shit :P

I still don't see how people AFK'ing are "hurting" you though, or why it bothers you so much >_>

77yLQy8.png

Being efficient isn't the endgoal but it seems a lot of you guys worship that. Xp to me is only a measure of how much work, time, and sacrifice you've put into skilling. It's only a tool in determining that because only work, time, and sacrifice gives it any value. If you didn't have to put any of that in, there'd be no reason to respect anything you obtained. Achievements matter, not a number stored on a server somewhere. I see two possible reasons for doing post-99 xp or rank. The first is for the achievement and to have pride in having completed something you know wasn't easy. The second is to do some easy cheap method to get some fake sense of achievement and to hope people respect the number instead of the work itself.

People forget to look at the bigger picture and consider the opportunity cost of focusing on RS instead of RL. If someone gets wc xp on his phone every time he goes to class, and after 4 years gets 200M wc XP and an engineering degree, that's a lot more impressive than a guy who just stayed in his room all day playing a video game "legitimately." Better to waste RS xp than RL xp :P

If you're gonna be doing something "active" on RS, you really better be doing something "passive" in RL that's improving your life somehow, for example listening to educational audiobooks.

Take you for an example. If you get 1B XP, yes, I consider that impressive. If you AFK'd all of it, it'd still be impressive, albeit less impressive. But if you came up to me in RL and explained that you just got 1B XP and I said, "cool, what else have you been up to?" and you said that's all you've been doing for the past couple of years, I probably wouldn't consider that something to be proud of anymore; unless of course this goal made you happy, but as is evidenced by the way you describe your time on RS, I don't think that's the case. But like I said, different people value different things in life. You're not hurting anyone with your goals (except for yourself possibly), so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you have your "fun" and hope that you always look back at your RS achievements as something to be proud of, and not regret.

77yLQy8.png

The point of an achievement is to hold some sense of pride. That's subjective to the person who obtained the achievement. Nobody cares what you think about what they have achieved. Let others have their accomplishments. Don't belittle them publicly at every chance you get just because they don't meet your standards.

So some top ranked players let their inventory fill up with fish or logs rather than dropping each one as they get it. What's it to you? You think they should quit because they're not playing the game as intensively as you'd like? Some people allocate their time even more productively than yourself by using runners for Runecrafting. What's it to you? You think they shouldn't have that rank because in your eyes it's "cheating"?

It's their achievement. They're taking up your top ranks and being recognized for achievements that you don't think they deserve? If it's all about the self-achievement and knowing that you put in the effort into getting something that you wanted, why are you so concerned about other peoples' ranks?

"Make a top 15 to 200M all skills and remove the RCers because I don't like their training methods". I know you get this a lot, but you are completely consumed by your ego.

Remove the Rc'ers because the calculator doesn't automatically account for runners. The calculator is not accurate and has a lot of top Rc'ers saying they made a lot more progress towards maxed than they really did. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about runners. They'd be shown as a lot higher if Foot hadn't done some tweaking around to help minimize the effect a bit. It's still very distorted though. Atm the calculator assumes you don't use runners until level 96 at which point it ignores completely all further Xp gained until 99. If it assumed no runners to 99, essentially anyone who used runners would gain 2-3 hours on the calculator for every hour that they played ingame. The current calculation method is a bit less than that but still not 1:1. Until a fix is found, you shouldn't assume people are further along towards maxed than they really are. Instead you have to manually adjust for the inaccuracies of the calculator. Nobody honestly believes Miller 1 is leading, particularly after he didn't gain Xp for 8 days straight.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

For the calculator, why not just figure out the XP gains someone can get using constant, almost non-stop runners, and then average it out with the methods of not using runners?

Round down a bit more after that even, because a 24/7 stream of runners to one exclusive person is nearly impossible.

From the sound of it, the problem in the calculator is that it just doesn't see Runners as being a way people train....but it is, so it should be adjusted accordingly.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

It's supposed to be hours until someone reaches 99 all skills. People who use runners for extra experience are really that much closer to 99 all skills than those training without runners. You're acting as if it should just be a list of who has played the most hours.

It's supposed to be hours until someone reaches 99 all skills. People who use runners for extra experience are really that much closer to 99 all skills than those training without runners. You're acting as if it should just be a list of who has played the most hours.

The most efficient thing is to use runners to 82 or 91 Runecrafting and to then solo it after that. Using runners to 99 is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do. Atrate tried that and along with 2m Xp of his own running laws, he only made 70m. The majority of that came from his solo running. Using runners is also becoming more expensive as time goes on btw. Atm you lose money fast for anything that isn't double natures. 99 Hunter and Cooking are the only other moneymakers aside from Runecrafting and I doubt that could even pay for using runners to 91 Runecrafting today. 82 is probably the best stopping point followed by investing the rest of one's remaining cash into supplies. Astrals will be selling regularly 150-200ea really soon. I sold some 170ea yesterday but it's still sporadic.

Are you all forgetting that maxing is going to cost at a bare minimum about 600m? Money isn't infinite. Even with my soloing all the way to 99 Runecrafting, there's a chance I may still have to go beyond 99 to afford everything. Anyone using runners to 99 is simply screwing themselves over when they still have to do another 10m Xp after 99 to pay for everything.

So no I'm not saying it should be based on hours put in. They are simply not closer to maxing and you need to look deeper than just the raw numbers presented to you.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

For the calculator, why not just figure out the XP gains someone can get using constant, almost non-stop runners, and then average it out with the methods of not using runners?

Round down a bit more after that even, because a 24/7 stream of runners to one exclusive person is nearly impossible.

From the sound of it, the problem in the calculator is that it just doesn't see Runners as being a way people train....but it is, so it should be adjusted accordingly.

That's actually how it's done atm. Anyone beneath 96 is assumed to have not used runners (else they'd be higher) and anyone above 96 is assumed to have done a mix of runners and non-runners.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

If you're saying it's even harder in the long run for them to use runners then why is there an issue at all?

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010