Here's an example of the ridiculousness of this afk stuff. The guy that's about to get rank 1 in Thieving walks around his house with a wireless mouse doing his real life business while leftclicking his mouse. In the game he's pickpocketing Knights of Ardougne.

Another even more extreme example. The first guy in eoc to get 200m def, Miles15, did it at bandits while he went to school or slept. You can afk it up to 6 hours.

You tell me if these people deserve those rank 1's.

I know a couple people who afk'd rocktails or ivy on their smartphones while they're in class to get 200m xp in those respective skills. Did they deserve those?

Skilling, particularly past 99, is very much about the achievement. An achievement has to be difficult by definition, otherwise it isn't an "achievement". If you cheated your way to get the final result, the final value of it in the end is much less than it otherwise would've been. Maybe this is all so tough for you guys to understand since none of you actually skill for anything aside from getting the requirements for various things in the game.

Are you talking about me? Or Du Old Pker?

lol that reall botted, when i say afk i mean something like sitting in front of the computer and it obly needs a few clicks/minute so You can do rl stuff like leaening homework etc..

that's what afking ment in my eyes, i know it's called away from keyboard, but isn't it against the rules if you aren't in front of the computer?

lmfao who cares about XP as a measurement of progress or achievement? The SOLE purpose of getting XP for a huge portion of players is so they can get high enough str/range/mage to effectively kill people. There's zero 'achievement' in clicking the same pixels ad infinitum... Some people. Wow.

This is a thread about the first to get all 99s. A skilling thread. Of course you're going to have to assume the competitors don't play for the same reasons you do lol.

Fair enough actually, I'm sorry I forgot what thread I was in.

So does that mean your exasperation with training methods used by runescapers starts and ends with rank competitors - or does it extend to everyone, regardless of their rs goals?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

If you're saying it's even harder in the long run for them to use runners then why is there an issue at all?

Because very few people are actually working towards maxed. It's quite sad actually, I expected to see a lot more competition in this game that I've seen so far. Anyways, many people only plan on holding a handful of capes and will leave it at that. Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it. It also downgrades the cape's status because many might think you used runners if you didn't. I won't have that problem because I've made it wellknown I'm soloing it, but many others will have that issue.

The most efficient thing is to use runners to 82 or 91 Runecrafting and to then solo it after that. Using runners to 99 is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do.

Transfering Eoc money is the most efficient thing to do. Or if you can make more then 500k an hour double nats isnt incredible

You do realize double natures is about 1.4m gp/hr? You'd get more than 500k gp/hr just doing single natures after level 75 lol. As for transferring with EoC, that path is how you end up like Suomi, ridiculed beyond end by many for being a cheater with money.

Here's an example of the ridiculousness of this afk stuff. The guy that's about to get rank 1 in Thieving walks around his house with a wireless mouse doing his real life business while leftclicking his mouse. In the game he's pickpocketing Knights of Ardougne.

Another even more extreme example. The first guy in eoc to get 200m def, Miles15, did it at bandits while he went to school or slept. You can afk it up to 6 hours.

I know a couple people who afk'd rocktails or ivy on their smartphones while they're in class to get 200m xp in those respective skills. Did they deserve those?

Skilling, particularly past 99, is very much about the achievement. An achievement has to be difficult by definition, otherwise it isn't an "achievement". If you cheated your way to get the final result, the final value of it in the end is much less than it otherwise would've been. Maybe this is all so tough for you guys to understand since none of you actually skill for anything aside from getting the requirements for various things in the game.

You. :) I'm trying to get a friend to take rank 1 so that someone more worthy can have it. The Xp for rank 1 for Thieving is particularly low compared to other skills. It's about equivalent to the work I put into my Agility in 07 already, which I haven't touched in 6 weeks lol.

lmfao who cares about XP as a measurement of progress or achievement? The SOLE purpose of getting XP for a huge portion of players is so they can get high enough str/range/mage to effectively kill people. There's zero 'achievement' in clicking the same pixels ad infinitum... Some people. Wow.

This is a thread about the first to get all 99s. A skilling thread. Of course you're going to have to assume the competitors don't play for the same reasons you do lol.

So does that mean your exasperation with training methods used by runescapers starts and ends with rank competitors - or does it extend to everyone, regardless of their rs goals?

It's certainly a higher priority for me with top players and other players a tier or two beneath that status. I'd still like to see less of it in the rest of the community though. I don't like seeing people afking for skillcapes, but people tend to recognize which capes are the easy afk ones and I'd say many don't have much respect for those anyways.

Maybe this is so hard for you guys to connect with my feelings about skilling because most of the people I hang out with have at least a 200m. We're all people who take skilling very seriously and we see a lot of people getting a lot of afk 200m's and, for some of us, it disgusts us.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

why don't you just stop giving a shit about the afkers? do you really have such a big ego that it piss you off so much if someone flames you about using runners for rc?

just stop caring about such guys and you'll be fine lol. shouldn't be hard for you 'cause you also ignore most guys who says something about your ego...

I just hope an afkable way of getting agility exp comes out soon in eoc.

I train a lot of skills as AFK as possible (ie at spiders or bandits, checking only to heal up/switch to guthans) because I can train for far longer if I am watching a movie or doing some work than just sitting there getting almost exactly the same exp I would by watching something else. I want those stats to PK/Stake with, I do not care whatsoever about the "achievement" of training them.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it. It also downgrades the cape's status because many might think you used runners if you didn't. I won't have that problem because I've made it wellknown I'm soloing it, but many others will have that issue.

I don't like seeing people afking for skillcapes, but people tend to recognize which capes are the easy afk ones and I'd say many don't have much respect for those anyways.

You. :) I'm trying to get a friend to take rank 1 so that someone more worthy can have it.

Maybe this is so hard for you guys to connect with my feelings about skilling because most of the people I hang out with have at least a 200m. We're all people who take skilling very seriously and we see a lot of people getting a lot of afk 200m's and, for some of us, it disgusts us.

It seems like respect means a great deal to you, but then you turn around and disrespect people like that. That is the kind of thing that disgusts me.

Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it. It also downgrades the cape's status because many might think you used runners if you didn't. I won't have that problem because I've made it wellknown I'm soloing it, but many others will have that issue.

I don't like seeing people afking for skillcapes, but people tend to recognize which capes are the easy afk ones and I'd say many don't have much respect for those anyways.

You. :) I'm trying to get a friend to take rank 1 so that someone more worthy can have it.

It seems like respect means a great deal to you, but then you turn around and disrespect people like that. That is the kind of thing that disgusts me.

It's about EARNING respect. Respect alone is meaningless, particularly if given out to the undeserved. It annoys me to no end when noobs respect other noobs with a 99 Cooking cape.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

If you're saying it's even harder in the long run for them to use runners then why is there an issue at all?

Because very few people are actually working towards maxed. It's quite sad actually, I expected to see a lot more competition in this game that I've seen so far. Anyways, many people only plan on holding a handful of capes and will leave it at that. Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it. It also downgrades the cape's status because many might think you used runners if you didn't. I won't have that problem because I've made it wellknown I'm soloing it, but many others will have that issue.

The most efficient thing is to use runners to 82 or 91 Runecrafting and to then solo it after that. Using runners to 99 is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do.

Transfering Eoc money is the most efficient thing to do. Or if you can make more then 500k an hour double nats isnt incredible

You do realize double natures is about 1.4m gp/hr? You'd get more than 500k gp/hr just doing single natures after level 75 lol. As for transferring with EoC, that path is how you end up like Suomi, ridiculed beyond end by many for being a cheater with money.

You. :) I'm trying to get a friend to take rank 1 so that someone more worthy can have it. The Xp for rank 1 for Thieving is particularly low compared to other skills. It's about equivalent to the work I put into my Agility in 07 already, which I haven't touched in 6 weeks lol.

It's certainly a higher priority for me with top players and other players a tier or two beneath that status. I'd still like to see less of it in the rest of the community though. I don't like seeing people afking for skillcapes, but people tend to recognize which capes are the easy afk ones and I'd say many don't have much respect for those anyways.

I do pyramid plunder to train thieving. So I guess that somehow means that I pickpocket from ardy knights to you. What?

Well, well. I'll be the first one to say it: a lot of skillers are egoistic, elitist, self righteous [wagon].

I wear my cooking cape (gotta trim madafaka) with much self pride, knowing that I did it doing that 3 tick cooking sht, and it pisses me off, I'm sorry to say that most people got it by watching Game of Thrones 90% of the time, whilst occasionally making a few slow, stuttering un-certain mouse movements and clicks. (especially YT vid makers, with a few expections.)

I want that smug feeling, and afking/using runners or w/e doesn't deliver.

Now go and aim some of your mindless babble at me too.

It's supposed to be hours until someone reaches 99 all skills. People who use runners for extra experience are really that much closer to 99 all skills than those training without runners. You're acting as if it should just be a list of who has played the most hours.

The most efficient thing is to use runners to 82 or 91 Runecrafting and to then solo it after that. Using runners to 99 is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do. Atrate tried that and along with 2m Xp of his own running laws, he only made 70m. The majority of that came from his solo running. Using runners is also becoming more expensive as time goes on btw. Atm you lose money fast for anything that isn't double natures. 99 Hunter and Cooking are the only other moneymakers aside from Runecrafting and I doubt that could even pay for using runners to 91 Runecrafting today. 82 is probably the best stopping point followed by investing the rest of one's remaining cash into supplies. Astrals will be selling regularly 150-200ea really soon. I sold some 170ea yesterday but it's still sporadic.

Are you all forgetting that maxing is going to cost at a bare minimum about 600m? Money isn't infinite. Even with my soloing all the way to 99 Runecrafting, there's a chance I may still have to go beyond 99 to afford everything. Anyone using runners to 99 is simply screwing themselves over when they still have to do another 10m Xp after 99 to pay for everything.

So no I'm not saying it should be based on hours put in. They are simply not closer to maxing and you need to look deeper than just the raw numbers presented to you.

People will merchant to fund their skilling, Most top player @eoc are doing it and harldy anyone considers it as a cheating.

Th_Heretic.png

2425_zps35ff81f1.png

Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it.

BAWWWWW people are using legitimate methods to get higher exp rates!

vvPPCYn.jpg

• Like 1

Well, well. I'll be the first one to say it: a lot of skillers are egoistic, elitist, self righteous [wagon].

I wear my cooking cape (gotta trim madafaka) with much self pride, knowing that I did it doing that 3 tick cooking sht, and it pisses me off, I'm sorry to say that most people got it by watching Game of Thrones 90% of the time, whilst occasionally making a few slow, stuttering un-certain mouse movements and clicks. (especially YT vid makers, with a few expections.)

Good for you

You deserve to have that pride

You earned it

But why do you care how others did it?

It was your achievement, not theirs.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Good for you

You deserve to have that pride

You earned it

But why do you care how others did it?

It was your achievement, not theirs.

I think he was just being sarcastic lol

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide]

[/hide]

I do pyramid plunder to train thieving. So I guess that somehow means that I pickpocket from ardy knights to you. What?

My apologies. I must've confused you with Du Pker then when I was being told about it.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Runecrafting is/was arguably the most respected cape in the game... if you solo'd it. Not soloing it is just cheating your way to that most respected cape and that's why I have a problem with it.

BAWWWWW people are using legitimate methods to get higher exp rates!

vvPPCYn.jpg

Maybe I feel this way because I was very involved in the Runecrafting community and did my Runecrafting during the post-GE era, when using runners wasn't a viable training method and thus wasn't an issue to worry about.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

You'd have to make 2.5m+ Gp/hr for it to be worth it.

Dark bows sell for ~6m. At 90 slay you can cannon Dark beasts while alching for some extra range+mage xp while earning those 2,5m/h.

Also, I can't see why merching to gain wealth in 07scape could be "wrong". I was under the impression that merching was one of the main reasons why people wanted the pre-GE RS back...