If you say H/c x2 in game you will be muted. (Taken from Reddit)

Leik

MQG8vW7.jpg

In the open is a quickchat line.

This is all very interesting, lol. Certainly a step in the right direction for Jagex for stopping gambling.

• Like 9

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Hit me last night. Complete Bs that they mute with zero evidence and without it being against any rules. I'm petitioning support from [email protected] for a free month of membership for my kids inconvenience of being muted for 48 hours for doing nothing wrong.

Peace,

Vann

• Like 2

Wish I could post my evidence now. They finally updated it 12 hours after the mute. I got muted for telling someone "I'm a Gen in Flowers". Just staying I'm a general in an fc named Flowers. Never mentioned anything gambling related. And Boom. Muted. Such a sad day.

If Jagex was against gambling they could just make it against the rules and I know a lot of the community would stop because as shocking as it may be, a lot of the big gamblers have 2200+ total and don't want to get banned.

But instead of making it against the rules, they just say they are making their on "safe" gambling. Whatever. I'm still going to host. I have multiple accounts I can lobby on to advert for my hosting account.

Peace,

Vann

• Like 1

Wish I could post my evidence now. They finally updated it 12 hours after the mute. I got muted for telling someone "I'm a Gen in Flowers". Just staying I'm a general in an fc named Flowers. Never mentioned anything gambling related. And Boom. Muted. Such a sad day.

If Jagex was against gambling they could just make it against the rules and I know a lot of the community would stop because as shocking as it may be, a lot of the big gamblers have 2200+ total and don't want to get banned.

But instead of making it against the rules, they just say they are making their on "safe" gambling. Whatever. I'm still going to host. I have multiple accounts I can lobby on to advert for my hosting account.

Peace,

Vann

Get a load of this guy.

• Like 14

bGmskuB.gif

What's wrong with him being upset? If he's not using autotypers and he's a legit host, he's got every reason to be upset.

Any sort of update regarding gambling should have come with a rule change or announcement so people can be warned. I think it's a little asinine to try to [bleep] your way into getting free membership because of it though - it's not as if you've been denied the ability to play the game.

• Like 9

hzvjpwS.gif

Jagex needs to grow a pair and just make it against the rules already.

• Like 15

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What's wrong with him being upset? If he's not using autotypers and he's a legit host, he's got every reason to be upset.

Any sort of update regarding gambling should have come with a rule change or announcement so people can be warned. I think it's a little asinine to try to [bleep] your way into getting free membership because of it though - it's not as if you've been denied the ability to play the game.

It's his attitude that is irking people.

Granted that yes, gambling isn't technically against the rules, but it's seriously not in the spirit of the game. Those who try justify that it is are the hosts themselves. Or someone trying to be a clever dick/cynical bastard, you chose.

tl;dr Gambling should have been banned ages ago and this chap is just upset that he can't do it anymore.

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Hit me last night. Complete Bs that they mute with zero evidence and without it being against any rules. I'm petitioning support from [email protected] for a free month of membership for my kids inconvenience of being muted for 48 hours for doing nothing wrong.

Peace,

Vann

You're teaching your kids to host???

• Like 7

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Peace,

Vann

How does it feel knowing you are helping ruin the game?

I wish you and all your ilk were permabanned instead. The odds are always in your favor, and you are making money from kids who cannot control themselves or have an addiction.

Peace,

Vann

You're teaching your kids to host???

Disclaimer - I don't participate in gambling in any way (be it hosting or playing)

Teaching your kids to take advantage of stupid people is pretty much the best thing you can teach them, so why wouldnt he ?

• Like 3

Eh.... taking advantage of people will only carry you so far, I think treating people with kindness and respect will get you further in the long run, leave scamming idiots to the prince of nigeria. and the governments/corporations/businesses of the world...

• Like 9
meamzed.png

Eh.... taking advantage of people will only carry you so far, I think treating people with kindness and respect will get you further in the long run, leave scamming idiots to the prince of nigeria. and the governments/corporations/businesses of the world...

Gambling =/= Scamming

You aren't giving them false promises. They know what they're going to get at what odds.

• Like 1

All the flame for me being a host and being upset about getting muted unfairly. I say unfairly because I did nothing that constituted a mute based on the rules set forth by Jagex. People who say "gambling ruins the game" need to get over themselves. Sorry I make more standing at the GE for an hour than you do Nexing an entire weekend. I host for the rush, because even with our host odds, we still can take billion coin hits in one bet.

Gambling is an outlet for people to get the high risk/high reward adrenaline rush they seek. No different than staking. Only thing with gambling is no stats are needed so people can jump right in rather than training for months to max before they can stake.

Also, you would be surprised at the number of "respected" people on this forum who bash gambling, yet host on alternate accounts to fund their mains. Or bash all the rwt that happens from gambling, yet sell gold themselves. I won't name names because its not my business and I'm not going to get muted on here too for breaking tip.its rules.

Continue to flame me and I'll just report your posts. I am entitled to my opinion, especially since I have been directly affected by this "hidden update" and this ruins my enjoyment within the game. All I find fun is PvM and gambling but I hate PvM within EoC so now I only gamble and play 2007. I WILL NOT gamble on 2007 because I'm training to become a Pro DKer again. Had to throw that in there before people assumed I was gonna gamble in 2007.

Thanks,

Vann

• Like 1

*plays the worlds smallest violin*

• Like 6

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

At last... I really don't see why it took Jagex so long.

Also, not many people know the actual odds of flower hosting, but it does shift it far more in favour of the hosts than most people realize, especially if they have a 2x tie = host win rule, or something like that.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

People who say "gambling ruins the game" need to get over themselves. Sorry I make more standing at the GE for an hour than you do Nexing an entire weekend. I host for the rush, because even with our host odds, we still can take billion coin hits in one bet.

Sorry but you've just stated exactly why you ruin the game. Creating that amount of gp within an hour of work is ridiculous. It requires no effort on either side and the ultimate reason you do it can only be to heighten either a) your own internet ego (or irl one, if you're so addicted) or b) to rwt it. Why the else would you need to gain so much gp?

If you say because of the community - forget it. The only community in gambling is that of the rwters. They get happy because they make gp in the game that they can then ferry off to pay for stuff outside the game. People like FIshy are the prime examples of this. Sorry to say it, but you strike me to be the exact same person.

Gambling is an outlet for people to get the high risk/high reward adrenaline rush they seek. No different than staking. Only thing with gambling is no stats are needed so people can jump right in rather than training for months to max before they can stake.

It is different to staking. Staking can require skill and practice - especially now with EoC. Perhaps if you left the GE and gave EoC a chance you might understand this.

Continue to flame me and I'll just report your posts. I am entitled to my opinion, especially since I have been directly affected by this "hidden update" and this ruins my enjoyment within the game.

Yes that you are, but refrain from accusing us of flaming. We're entitled to our own opinions too.

Thanks,

Tans

• Like 10

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015