03-Apr-2013 - Dungeoneering Dual Wielding and Charming Imp

chenw

TBH, I would've been happier with something that destroyed charms (and couldn't collect) but clearly most people want the latter. I would personally rather make monsters more interesting in a different way though. Some how capturing the essence of charm pickup but making it more part of the fighting itself. I don't really know how that could be done though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The problem is that without that time spent picking charms up, killing WFS for example is now over 450k att/str/def xp/hr, as well as being very good for charms. Combined with daggs for mage/defence, they've turned combat skills into a joke. WFS could really use a defence buff making it much harder to melee them and forcing the player to use their weakness (ranged). I agree picking charms up was a pain in the ass, but they appear to have over looked the effect this has had on xp rates, which definitely needs addressing.

I see a major flaw in this: It was already possible to attain those exp rates before the charming imp was released, simply by choosing not to pick up any drops.

The problem is that without that time spent picking charms up, killing WFS for example is now over 450k att/str/def xp/hr, as well as being very good for charms. Combined with daggs for mage/defence, they've turned combat skills into a joke. WFS could really use a defence buff making it much harder to melee them and forcing the player to use their weakness (ranged). I agree picking charms up was a pain in the ass, but they appear to have over looked the effect this has had on xp rates, which definitely needs addressing.

I see a major flaw in this: It was already possible to attain those exp rates before the charming imp was released, simply by choosing not to pick up any drops.

Yes, but you would be sacrificing a large chunk of summoning xp by doing so. EoC making combat skills nearly as fast as buyables is a different topic altogether.

If you weren't picking crims up at WFS before this update, you were doing it wrong. No one who would have camped WFS (killing them off task) would have not picked the charms up. I mean literally no one. Which is why it took the charm collector for people to realize how good the xp rates here are.

The loss of summoning xp by not picking crims up @ WFS is not worth the gain in xp/hr. However now that people don't need to worry about that, there is a problem. I expect Jagex will leave it until several players have gained hundreds of millions of xp before they fix it (if ever).

Asmodean <3

You never had to pick up the charms to begin with.

Hard to blame the imp.

If it offends you then just tell him to eat all the charms, I do.

I wish I could stuff him with the ones in my bank too.

FYI: They have a coin collector. It's the solomon store pets but they tend to get stuck on stuff and miss the loot sometimes.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Yes, but you would be sacrificing a large chunk of summoning xp by doing so. EoC making combat skills nearly as fast as buyables is a different topic altogether.

If you weren't picking crims up at WFS before this update, you were doing it wrong. No one who would have camped WFS (killing them off task) would have not picked the charms up. I mean literally no one. Which is why it took the charm collector for people to realize how good the xp rates here are.

The loss of summoning xp by not picking crims up @ WFS is not worth the gain in xp/hr. However now that people don't need to worry about that, there is a problem. I expect Jagex will leave it until several players have gained hundreds of millions of xp before they fix it (if ever).

I do not get why someone who cares about efficiency would choose to train combat + summoning by killing Waterfiends until 99 combats and 99 summoning over Slaying, but ok.

Unless they of course had 99 summoning already...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Re: Fallstar:

Can I just ask if those rates are possible for people who actually need combat experience?

I'm not sure about WFS, but I was able to reach 250k melee xp/hr with around 60 blues at Mutated Jad Males without Ovls/Turmoil/Drygores/Chaotics. So it is definitely possible to get those rates if you have top tier gear

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif