03-Apr-2013 - Dungeoneering Dual Wielding and Charming Imp

chenw

@Sy: Your quote is the old version, I tend to edit my post afterwards to correct things :P. But yeah, ability wise 2h is really just better, so given how small any base dps advantages from dual wield are, it's probably best to go 2h even without considering binds.

Going by t80 stuff at level 80, it's 980+80 plus 490+40, fast speed, versus 1788+120, average speed, which is 4/5 * 1590 versus 4/6 * 1908, which is 1272 vs 1272. Then claws are 768 + 80 and 384 + 40 at fastest speed, for a total of 1272 as well. So they are equal, speed won't matter that much. If your strength level is higher, faster would be better, but t11 weapons are balanced with 99 strength in mind, you're not going to go higher than that (well, ovl, but ok).

Unfortunately, while that statement is sound in theory, in practice the slower weapons do more damage than fast weapons at the same tier, at least for 99 strength, and holds for at least rune and dragon weapons. The difference is minor (around 1% between fastest and average, with fast somewhere in between), but maybe enough to persuade some ppl to use fast or average weapons over fastest weapons.

+ damage armor also have the same 'issue'

The small damage difference is mostly due to rounding errors, and since we are considering level 99 weapons here, rounding errors will be as small as possible for all of these, basically making them equal(before considering differences in abilities and bind slots, obviously). DW will be better for single target dps due to destroy, but no sane person is going to switch binds for boss with how easy they are nowadays.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I doubt it, because there should be no rounding error as big as several points (in some cases it can be as high as 10). Doing some simple arithmetic yielded either an error of 1, or none, but not 8 or so.

Unless, the background code calculates things completely differently and the rounding errors somehow stacked.

But as long as that error exist, some weapons will still be decisively better than others purely because of it.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

What annoys me is jagex has a lot of potential and I'm seeing half baked ideas. They could even give 2hers a break on certain abilities like berserk. How about provoke or incite having breaks if you are wielding a shield?

Another missed opportunity was to make a sort of mini-triangle with the three: shield > DW > 2H or something similar.

I wouldn't say its completely missed. When EOC was just in its beta jagex talked about combat being something more of a pentagon. They also said similarly in context how 2Hers, DWers and tankers would not only act differently, but their functions would be different too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yay - Charm collector (and crusher). Nice to not have to dick around hunting charms, although it's going to take some getting used to, not having to click the pile hunting for charms.

Nay - Reverting bank all. [bleep] YOU JAGEX, I had just gotten used to it. Angst, angst everywhere. However, the "we pay, we say" style protests that got this reverted (and 07) give me hope. Better effigy rates anybody?

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Why isn't there an option to shift+click for bank all? Honestly the bank all option being introduced as a top priority click option was bad anyways. While deposite all is a great inclusion to the banking it's mechanisms make it flawed. The bank all action should have a trigger key such as shifting.

What gets me is how does Jagex not pick up on how players typically use the bank interfaces? Most people withdraw all, click out unneeded items.

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jagex; bring deposit-all back or as some people suggested, shift-click or another option for fast depositing all items, was GOOD UPDATE

Honestly jagex could make it easy and have shift click usable on certain interfaces. shiftclick for the drop option I'm betting would be quite a popular option for those not mass dropping.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Haven't seen any info on these yet so I'm posting it here. Samid's gloves are worth taking over converting to cash. My convert to cash option was 327 k gp but I'm getting ~30 k per charge (100 charges) meaning they're worth 3 mil. I'm trying to see if you get more coins for a higher exp based activity as we speak.

EDIT

There appears to be no relationship between the xp value of the activity and gold received, tested by pickpocketing men for 10 charges and then doing summoning training for the large 1 dose of exp for 10 charges. I'm going to try them out on a high xp monster just in case its counting each individual pouch's xp in the calculation for how much gold to give.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I was under the impression from their wording the gold payout for the charge was related to your level in the skill that it was paying out for.

In which case your study would prove very unconclusive as if they change isn't huge it'd be hard to notice on a lvl 83 vs a lvl 85 stat.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was under the impression from their wording the gold payout for the charge was related to your level in the skill that it was paying out for.

In which case your study would prove very unconclusive as if they change isn't huge it'd be hard to notice on a lvl 83 vs a lvl 85 stat.

It was worded poorly and it wasn't the case because I just tested it on KBD for defense (and constitution I suppose) Activations were never above 34 k and never below 29.5 k and fell in that range for all 10 activations for all of the skills I tested. Either way it's 3 mil for doing what you would normally doing. I'm inclined to think it has to do with total level so if someone with maxed stats or with sub 2 k total level would test it that would be great to.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Why does the banner for this update show a mage with wand and orb and a warrior with swords, but with an archer with dual-wielded crossbows?

I'm still trying to figure out how Rambo got on the wilderness warbands banner.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Should be linked to total level, my convert to coin value was well over 520k.

Yeah mine was over 500k too.

ofc there's no point in converting to coins considering the actual payout is six times the conversion value

8f14270694.jpg

Should be linked to total level, my convert to coin value was well over 520k.

Yeah mine was over 500k too.

ofc there's no point in converting to coins considering the actual payout is six times the conversion value

Exactly... I'm using mine up as we speak.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

does having a helmet+gloves+boots really make much of a difference there?

Helmet isn't much, but I consistently use gold bracelet of precision on my loadouts. I've been meaning to bind sunstriker boots, too... haven't remembered to do it. I've used boots of absorption when I get them... haven't tried to collect any hard data but I like to believe they make a difference. A berserker approach, mostly for rushing, I guess.

I Dunge solo-- once in a while I'll do duo and I don't feel like justifying why (stuff it, all of you that whined about the XP rebalancing). I've paid membership consistently since about 2006 and I'll take the few accomodations Jagex grants me. I still fully expect one of you to tell me how inefficient bracelets of precision and special boots are but I really can't be bothered to care if that's truly so. It suits me well for the probably slower pace of Dungeoneering I do. There, my full-on grumpy for the day.

I am a bit bummed that dual wield wasn't better but dual wield is rather limited in the main game anyways... and for the record, I think an extra bind slot for 2hers makes the most sense to me, because then weapon + shield, 2h alone, and dual wield are all consistently two slots.

Slightly off-topic and more towards main game: I still say Jagex should make a 2h version of the abyssal whip/vine whip. Another discussion for another thread, I'm sure.

Screw those people who have gotten samid's gloves in a couple of spins, i've used up 13 spins (2x3normal dailies)+(3 spin ticket from kree-arra)+(4 dailies challenges) and not got any gloves...

• Like 1

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

I got my first pair today, hoping for 1 or 2 more pairs before the promo is done just to boost le bank balance a bit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Slightly off-topic and more towards main game: I still say Jagex should make a 2h version of the abyssal whip/vine whip. Another discussion for another thread, I'm sure.

Dharok's greataxe/Godsword.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun