30-Apr-2013 - Instanced God Wars & EoC Updates

chenw

So what's the price of Drygores like right now? Rapiers in particular. Are they actually better after the fix?

Just sold a offhand drygore rapier for bout 36.5m (3.5m profit for me so no complaints ;D!)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So what's the price of Drygores like right now? Rapiers in particular. Are they actually better after the fix?

Rapier set seems to be going for about 105-110m.

Offhand is around 30-35m I believe and Mainhand is something around 70m.

One thing that's also been dropping due to panic/failed expectation is frost dragon bones. I got burned pretty badly on their plummet from 13.6kea to what's now between 10.5k - 11.4k. Oddly enough, regular dragon bones have been pretty stable.

hzvjpwS.gif

One thing that's also been dropping due to panic/failed expectation is frost dragon bones. I got burned pretty badly on their plummet from 13.6kea to what's now between 10.5k - 11.4k. Oddly enough, regular dragon bones have been pretty stable.

D bones also have been dropping. Tried to sell bout 3k of them for 3k each while their mid price was high 2700 ish. This was bout a week ago.

Now it's around 2400-2500 ish.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It's emergent game play until enough people complain about it.

Despite the fact that it was patched once already before this. It was clearly a glitch.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

D bones also have been dropping. Tried to sell bout 3k of them for 3k each while their mid price was high 2700 ish. This was bout a week ago.

Can't wait for them to be back at 1.7 :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Can't wait for them to be back at 1.7 :P

Lrn2merch.

But really, coulda seen that comig with the nerd of soulsplit. Getting 92/95 Prayer isn't really quite as useful (still useful but not quite). They'll probably rerise next week once people have recalced/discovered best training methods/bossing/etc.

But really, coulda seen that comig with the nerd of soulsplit. Getting 92/95 Prayer isn't really quite as useful (still useful but not quite). They'll probably rerise next week once people have recalced/discovered best training methods/bossing/etc.

You're completely right. It was my fault. Due to some IRL things I didn't keep abreast of upcoming changes, so the update caught me completely off guard. I regret it, but I only lost a couple mil. It could've been a lot worse. Ah well, lesson learned for this novice flipper. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

You're completely right. It was my fault. Due to some IRL things I didn't keep abreast of upcoming changes, so the update caught me completely off guard. I regret it, but I only lost a couple mil. It could've been a lot worse. Ah well, lesson learned for this novice flipper. :)

You make me feel bad, I was being more sarcastic than serious.

The update took many people off guard, personally I just sold everything a week and a half prior, did MTK for a week and then bought things after everyone panic sold right after update. Worked pretty well.

Is any of the offensive gear worth picking up? I mean in context of slayer and potentially monster hunting (glacor, automatons, etc)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

a thick stench of arrogance and disconnection.

*applause* Good for you, sport! You figured it out. Here's a cookie. You see how the quick and seductive path can get people's attention pretty fast, and not in a good way.

You really haven't been paying attention to the majority of my posts, however; you singled out one post. Perhaps your eyes were just glazed over at the length of most of them. I get that a lot.

Why amuses me is that the large majority if the player base hasn't picked up on is that its called the Evolution of Combat. To emphasis my statement each patch to the EOC was referred to as an EOC update. This means what you see may not be the final product. Hell I am getting a feeling things are going to be constantly patched and changed for combat for a very long time. I think its time for the player base to start developing a new sense of the norm for runescape combat and it's updates. I'm thinking things will be constantly evolving for our combat system. What's so spiteful to the community is that there is quite a bit of change being done to the core of combat and its unsettling even to me.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why amuses me is that the large majority if the player base hasn't picked up on is that its called the Evolution of Combat. To emphasis my statement each patch to the EOC was referred to as an EOC update. This means what you see may not be the final product. Hell I am getting a feeling things are going to be constantly patched and changed for combat for a very long time. I think its time for the player base to start developing a new sense of the norm for runescape combat and it's updates.

To say the least, it's extremely wearying to have to constantly be on the look out for changes that might affect your gear and how much you're able to enjoy combat. Remember the old combat system? Something was good, and that was it, until something better came along. Now you have tweaks and changes that constantly shift the usefulness of gear around, and it's just unsettling.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why amuses me is that the large majority if the player base hasn't picked up on is that its called the Evolution of Combat. To emphasis my statement each patch to the EOC was referred to as an EOC update. This means what you see may not be the final product. Hell I am getting a feeling things are going to be constantly patched and changed for combat for a very long time. I think its time for the player base to start developing a new sense of the norm for runescape combat and it's updates.

It has been 11 months, that they still don't have a direction after this much time is worrying and problematic for fairly obvious reasons. When they said "evolution", we all assumed that the evolution would stabilize after a certain period of development, not just "evolve" or "rework" itself into a new half-hearted version every 3 months endlessly.

so do you think we'd be better off with something inherently flawed but unchanging?

looking back on the old combat system, it was STILL bad but you had the luxury of everything staying the same forever

which is different from, well, actually being good like people might claim

anything can be justified with enough time to be bored of insulting it i suppose

8f14270694.jpg

I think that having different specified types of armor is progress. Like many if not all other aspects of EoC it's simply an attempt to solidify and expand upon a trend found within the roots of the original combat system.

I don't harbor any delusion that they fully succeeded with this update. There are many things that I would do differently, namely having basic armors that have balanced stats, with a choice in specializing them towards offense or defense.

I don't know if I want class-all to exist at all. It would be far more interesting to have to mix and match armor, like before, to attain the stats you need, with the same basic effect of having good performance in multiple areas rather than specializing in only one.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

which is different from, well, actually being good like people might claim

You can also ask if the old system was good because it was relatively unchanging, since that's what people knew.

And, as always, you have nostalgia to patch up the flaws... Like the fact that you really couldn't use any styles except melee, and even then it was almost painfully one dimensional. Sure, EoC has that problem as well, but it's been greatly mitigated by the fact that everything is viable even when it isn't optimal.

The conversation should never be looking back. Nostalgia is good, but it becomes an issue when looking back hinders your search for a solution.

As I see fit jagex should have a set of core goals for the combat system. Transparency in the system should be one of them due to a lack of understanding of what certain statistics mean and what their true potential in combat is as how it is conveyed to the player. Having armour classes is fine. Even making pseudo-classes designed for tank, power and hybrid situations is also fine. What needs to be made clear and known on tool-tips is the relativity of the damage and defense. The on site wiki lets us know what to expect for these, but it should be within the item or combat menu interface. Jagex is doing alright with their armour pseudo-classes. The managed to keep high hitting classes while also helping institute a tanking class.

The EOC will always be evolving. It's a bitter sweet thing I suppose... With so many holes as such it gives them ample opportunities to put out new and interesting things for us later on. Sure maybe there is a slight 'drygorescape', but I would rather have that then a predictable release of tier 90 weapons all around.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

And, as always, you have nostalgia to patch up the flaws... Like the fact that you really couldn't use any styles except melee, and even then it was almost painfully one dimensional. Sure, EoC has that problem as well, but it's been greatly mitigated by the fact that everything is viable even when it isn't optimal.

That may have been true in early EoC, but it hasn't plainly been the case for the past 5 months ever since Drygores came along. Or now when half the armours are useless because of being designated as defensive. Or the fact that Mage/Range don't have T90 weaponry.

The conversation should never be looking back. Nostalgia is good, but it becomes an issue when looking back hinders your search for a solution.

Sometimes the solutions are found by looking to the past.

Having armour classes is fine. Even making pseudo-classes designed for tank, power and hybrid situations is also fine. What needs to be made clear and known on tool-tips is the relativity of the damage and defense. The on site wiki lets us know what to expect for these, but it should be within the item or combat menu interface. Jagex is doing alright with their armour pseudo-classes. The managed to keep high hitting classes while also helping institute a tanking class.

Having armour classes is not fine when one of the three armour classes blows the other two classes out of the water and dominates everywhere. It is also not fine that defensive armours and hybrid armours are useless. There is de facto only one class of armour : offensive.