30-Apr-2013 - Instanced God Wars & EoC Updates

chenw

The issue being that with all the developer time they have invested into the EoC already, giving up on it now would represent a pretty large waste of resources.

But they would've learnt so much...

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

It's madness to keep throwing money at something that isn't working, thinking that if you spend even more time and money, that'll somehow justify it; as opposed to cutting your losses and trying something else.

Agreed, although that would be par for the course based on their recent behaviour.

Asmodean <3

It's madness to keep throwing money at something that isn't working, thinking that if you spend even more time and money, that'll somehow justify it; as opposed to cutting your losses and trying something else.

[editorial remark]The same could be said of American foreign policy (war in Iraq), but still ...[/editorial remark]

Amongst the points behind EOC, AFAIK, was that they wanted to lure those players from other MMORPG's who complained that "Runescape was a nice little game but the combat system was far too simplistic ..."

I am not sure how successful it's been in that regard, but the point was that they wanted to make the combat system more in line with those found in other games, and hopefully draw a new generation of players to Runescape.

Has EOC resulted in more memberships being sold? I dunno. Are they losing money on EOC right now? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

System Update (2/5/2013)

QFC: 15-16-843-64954415

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time.

The game update this afternoon addresses some key issues introduced with the last update. Whilst working in function, the combat triangle was being over-enforced. As such, you may have experienced a change in the accuracy of your hits and hits dealt against you (particularly when fighting something that is strong against the attack style you were using).

Today's update will resolve this as well as continuing to include the empowerment of your accuracy affecting stats in combat, potions and prayers that the original update introduced.

---------

Other changes with this update also include:

-The Lily of the Valley content has been re-enabled

-The Kalphite King has a slight armour adjustment

-Prayers that boost damage should now work as intended.

-Nex's attack speed in the Zaros phase has been restored

-Nex armour items have their prayer bonuses again

-You can no longer use the Surge/Escape abilities whilst under the effects of "Ice prison".

-Hard mode Kree'Arras tornadoes will no longer stack damage

-Ogre bellows are now possible to refill from swamp bubbles

-You can now use alchemy spells in private godwars dungeons

-White armoured boots now have the correct prayer bonus

-Samid's gloves will now expire on the 3rd of June

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Nice, I still got 13 samid gloves to run out.

Another month is going to help.

It got really boring after cramming through 40. 8-)

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

-Nex's attack speed in the Zaros phase has been restored

Seriously? That was a good thing...

(She had 3 tick attack speed on Zaros)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Making a referendum to remove the EoC... Well for one it wouldn't pass,

How do you know this?

Because they wouldn't make a referendum on this without making sure the result was the one they want.

Actually I was referring to your implication that it wouldn't pass if there was a referendum. I agree with you that they probably won't host one, but if they did, there's a decent argument to be made that EoC would get voted against.

--------

As for the discussion on whether Jagex will acknowledge a waste of resources and decide to cut their losses, well, this is the same company that allegedly lost millions on Mechscape and Stellar Dawn (or whatever it was). That's one of the reasons why 2011 was such an unprofitable year and they had to bring in SOF/SGS, supposedly.

IvpTr7z.png

Before/After today's fix

Still too strictly imo =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Keep in mind that those are values for tier 99 stats and gear, which don't exist at the moment.

I meant that now even if you wear the best gear, most bosses will hit on you regardless and they will hit hard and high! For example before this fix I did Zilyana, her melee attack even hit me with bout 70% defense @ a combat of 200 (210 isn't possible to put in so its worse then 70%) and yet she hit high and pretty consistent. They shouldn't have reduced the style you are aiming to protect from it as much as they have now with this fix. This was good as it was, just the defense to other styles were ridiculous.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Keep in mind that those are values for tier 99 stats and gear, which don't exist at the moment.

I meant that now even if you wear the best gear, most bosses will hit on you regardless and they will hit hard and high! For example before this fix I did Zilyana, her melee attack even hit me with bout 70% defense @ a combat of 200 (210 isn't possible to put in so its worse then 70%) and yet she hit high and pretty consistent. They shouldn't have reduced the style you are aiming to protect from it as much as they have now with this fix. This was good as it was, just the defense to other styles were ridiculous.

I personally like the fact that you can't/is very hard to tank zilyana melee hits once again. For years the idea was to pray mage and avoid her melee all together. So the fact that for awhile you could just soul split and tank everything, from my perspective, was stupid.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Making a referendum to remove the EoC... Well for one it wouldn't pass,

How do you know this?

Because they wouldn't make a referendum on this without making sure the result was the one they want.

Actually I was referring to your implication that it wouldn't pass if there was a referendum. I agree with you that they probably won't host one, but if they did, there's a decent argument to be made that EoC would get voted against.

I thought I implied quite clearly that if a referendum was made, they'd tweak the result in order to get what they want, apparently that wasn't the case.

As for Stellar Dawn, good point, this means there is a precedent. But the question is, will they want to do that again with EoC?

IvpTr7z.png

Before/After today's fix

I'm thinking; Good job with the rebalance of blocks, add ovls and prayers to that and it should be good for bossing

Accuracy; The massive drop on the style you're strong agaisnt is what worries me, maybe with ovls/prayers you can get at least get 85%?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Summary of the current state of EOC beta beta v2.0.

Tank gear - not tanky enough

Power gear - hardly any power

Hybrid gear - a huge liability

Critical hit gear - MIA

FYI, abilities aren't the sucky part of EOC.

It's:

the way xp is calculated now.

the monster balancing

the gear balancing

the way loot is determined in player competition

Finally, an interface that gives numbers which mean nothing.

(You can load up your magic defense to 86% vrs level 130 and goto the level 130 banshees in the smoke dungeon and still get hit half the time)

• Like 3

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

IvpTr7z.png

Before/After today's fix

I'm thinking; Good job with the rebalance of blocks, add ovls and prayers to that and it should be good for bossing

Accuracy; The massive drop on the style you're strong agaisnt is what worries me, maybe with ovls/prayers you can get at least get 85%?

You might have read it wrong; top is the accuracy and bottom is the armour. Your accuracy against the style you are strong to actually increased.

I personally like the fact that you can't/is very hard to tank zilyana melee hits once again. For years the idea was to pray mage and avoid her melee all together. So the fact that for awhile you could just soul split and tank everything, from my perspective, was stupid.

Although this makes defensive armours even more useless, I'd agree with you on this point. I hated the ability to simply tank and SS God Wars when EoC came out. That's good that it has some difficulty again -- I suppose they did do one thing right. However, the drops are so horrendously outdated that increasing the difficulty sort of disincentivizes people from God Wars which already has diminishing incentives.

IvpTr7z.png

Before/After today's fix

You might have read it wrong; top is the accuracy and bottom is the armour. Your accuracy against the style you are strong to actually increased.

I think he means the Block Chance % and is what I also meant earlier =/

Account Help

IvpTr7z.png

Before/After today's fix

I think he means the Block Chance % and is what I also meant earlier =/

You're right, I saw the block screen for both block and accuracy, although the accuracy is increased, I still say that I hope that on bosses it reaches at least 80-85%

Block chance was way too high, one does not normally expect a boss to miss 70% of the times L. Assuming block chance is miss chance for the boss? Or block chance is chance of reducing the hit received? Not sure

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Something to keep in mind...

Every organization, person and thing that grows does so in an "S" curve fasion, roughly like this graph below...

[hide]scurve2bjm300x182.jpg

[/hide]

A great organization/person/thing realizes when they are on or about to be on the down curve and takes active steps to minimize or even neutralize its duration/effects. This is something the leadership needs to be aware of and work on handling.

We have seen for years and Jagex's organizational leadership is somewhat *cough completely cough* lacking, in many cases players have wondered if the right hand knows what the left is doing. However the biggest outcry statistically during those downturn periods is of the masses saying that we should "go back to the way things were" or the less obvious "lets get back to the basics". This is one of the many reasons I was against the 07 servers at all.

I'm not defending Jagex, they're suffering for their lack of organizational leadership and poor planning and they've made plenty of mistakes. The fact that they do such a horrendous job in listening to and applying player feedback leaves me shocked that they've lasted this long as a company.

So instead of dwelling on the past let's try to look forward to the future, where an idealist like myself hopes that Jagex manages to pull out of this nosedive and start developing some great content for us all to enjoy.

EDIT

My picture link didn't work. I'll see if I can find a different one.

Fixed

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

They said it wasn't glitching. They called it emergent game play. They called it a perfectly reasonable use of the ability. All along, people called it as a glitch and that it wasn't intended but no..

-You can no longer use the Surge/Escape abilities whilst under the effects of "Ice prison".

COUGH VINDICATION COUGH

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015