11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

88% into Bowl, should be about 90% today, and pincer by next week

About f'ing time too...

Edit: Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's Scroll and Story added together? Mine is 66 right now.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

You can definitely get started on progressing through the regions, so do so immediately.

More adventurers will turn up as you get more 90s but the bulk of your time would be spent on progressing through regions so get started on that.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You can definitely get started on progressing through the regions, so do so immediately.

More adventurers will turn up as you get more 90s but the bulk of your time would be spent on progressing through regions so get started on that.

allright, thancks i'll check it out

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Hey,

The fix-at-any-degrade-state is on my radar - but won't be fixed when the armour degrade fix goes out. QA are super busy at the moment so I had to prioritize that fix over everything else.

Cheers,

Edam

[qfc]74-75-38-64236304[/qfc]

Hahahahahaha, oh well. Guess their code must be insanely complex or something to have him only be able to code one change.

Something more cheery:

quin1a.png

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hey,

The fix-at-any-degrade-state is on my radar - but won't be fixed when the armour degrade fix goes out. QA are super busy at the moment so I had to prioritize that fix over everything else.

Cheers,

Edam

[qfc]74-75-38-64236304[/qfc]

Hahahahahaha, oh well. Guess their code must be insanely complex or something to have him only be able to code one change.

I am only guessing but I assume QA is on RS07 and The World Wakes duty so can't invest the time into other stuff.

Shows they have to code each instance of degrading separately, which seems very sloppy to me.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Shows they have to code each instance of degrading separately, which seems very sloppy to me.

They have a lot sloppy coding, such as using ticks to measure time, calculating the loot for all pyramid plunder objects when you start a game (rather than doing it when you pickpocket), and so on.

Tbf the nature of an mmorpg means things get sloppy but thats where complete re-writes come in handy - they allow optimisation.

As RS3 is developed they can create a degrading system in the engine that RS2 didn't have thus allowing them to tidy up Barrows>present degrading.

Also @ above how on earth do we know when the pyramid plunder loot is calculated?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also @ above how on earth do we know when the pyramid plunder loot is calculated?

Basically, if your repeatedly open a urn without restarting the game it always yields the same loot.

I'll ask mod pi (he's working on rs3 engine) whether they are working on degrade mechanics next time he's in his friends chat.

Basically, if your repeatedly open a urn without restarting the game it always yields the same loot.

I'll ask mod pi (he's working on rs3 engine) whether they are working on degrade mechanics next time he's in his friends chat.

But how can you repeatedly open an urn? Once opened the options vanish.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or it could be that they are working on 2007. :evil:

That would only be reason for QA being busy, not why he had to recode port armours to normalise degrade and separately recode for anytime repairs.

QA is obviously busy atm with The World Wakes looming + 07scape + RS3 beta we have word is due in april + quite possible the first new skill starting to hit some early QA + eoc fixes (which are the first batch nearly all had to be reversed/fixed they probably testing to death) + any other big projects we are yet to learn about.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

QA is obviously busy atm with The World Wakes looming + 07scape + RS3 beta we have word is due in april + quite possible the first new skill starting to hit some early QA + eoc fixes (which are the first batch nearly all had to be reversed/fixed they probably testing to death) + any other big projects we are yet to learn about.

As far as we know, HTML5 engine is not the same as RS3. They've talked about two different projects.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

As far as we know, HTML5 engine is not the same as RS3. They've talked about two different projects.

Erm no.

As far as we know the html engine IS rs3 - at first they were mentioned independently but they have since made references that clearly place html5 as a feature of the rs3 engine.

Plus its only logical, they are working on html 5 engine and rs3.

Rs changes version numbers when it has a big back end re-write.

They aren't going to rewrite everything into an html5 engine whilst in tandem rewriting the engine for other major rs3 worthy changes (eg the customisable interfaces) - they are one rewrite.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That would only be reason for QA being busy, not why he had to recode port armours to normalise degrade and separately recode for anytime repairs.

That's true, but since RS2007 is the most forthcoming of those projects (less than 2 days away), I assume that's whatis eating up all their time presently.

----

There was a system update today, but PoP was not fixed.

Also, with regards to the system update, this is what Mod Easty said:

"Hey all,

We will be launching a system update in approximately 20 minutes time. This will be to add some support for something that's coming soon. It's a secret. Shh.

Mod Easty"

Rs2007? Grandmaster quest? Was unclear what he meant.

That's true, but since RS2007 is the most forthcoming of those projects (less than 2 days away), I assume that's whatis eating up all their time presently.

----

There was a system update today, but PoP was not fixed.

Also, with regards to the system update, this is what Mod Easty said:

"Hey all,

We will be launching a system update in approximately 20 minutes time. This will be to add some support for something that's coming soon. It's a secret. Shh.

Mod Easty"

Rs2007? Grandmaster quest? Was unclear what he meant.

Well 07scape would be the obvious choice - minor tweaks to pm system to recognise the servers.

But if its a secret god knows, perhaps some more world wakes teasery stuff is going to emerge in the coming days? Like more Shadowy figure locales and stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So is it worth it to build all 4 telescopes? There are going to be scrolls to be collected for a very long time, but it seems like right now I have 2 built and I get scrolls every time.

I have 4 built, and I certainly don't get scrolls every day. I have missed quite a few days.

So is it worth it to build all 4 telescopes? There are going to be scrolls to be collected for a very long time, but it seems like right now I have 2 built and I get scrolls every time.

I have 1 built and I'm on 9 days without missing a scroll

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items