11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I'll raise my next Chef's Delight on you!

Sounds messy.

• Like 1

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

He probably meant he wants to cheer his next Chef Delight to you.

Edit: I am now 1 scroll away from the Magic random damage scrimshaw (which gives me 3 complete, on top of Vampyrism and Gem mining). Anyone got suggestion what to go for next? I am thinking of the ranged poison damage scrimshaw

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Huh, just done 30 spice mission with merchant, game display it as 39 gain but finally after checking score get only 30. Have no problem with other trade goods voyages, like get 6 chi instead of 5 with merchant on boat. Anyone experienced same thing ?

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Finally done every adventurers final story mission (except Occultist because I'm not 90 RC), is there now a double voyage to do before I get the triple ones or does it go straight to triple?

Doubles are only the resource voyages you can get from day 1

Stories jump straight to triple so with your setup you can only get Missionary, Convict, Botanist triple - which can shown up when any 2 of them are in the port.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Finally done every adventurers final story mission (except Occultist because I'm not 90 RC), is there now a double voyage to do before I get the triple ones or does it go straight to triple?

Doubles are only the resource voyages you can get from day 1

Stories jump straight to triple so with your setup you can only get Missionary, Convict, Botanist triple - which can shown up when any 2 of them are in the port.

Gotcha.

Also @ the above, based on the last estimate on this thread I'd say at most around 30m for top, 15m for helm and 20m for legs.

That's just a guess though.

Sylpheed.png

I have been in the Pincers for quite some time now and I have completely all 6 Pincers solo storylines. Still not a single trio voyage yet.

Have you got the icons setup to encourage the right sets?

Seeing as you need 1 of these combos:

Whaler + Assassin

Whaler + Occultist

Assassin + Occultist

To get that trio (obv swap in Miss, bot and con for the other set) and in total there are 21 possible adventurer arrangements only 1/7 odds of the combo you need, let alone them spawning the story.

[spoiler=Combos]

1. Whaler

2. Whaler Assassin

3. Whaler Botanist

4. Whaler Convict

5. Whaler Missionary

6. Whaler Occultist

7. Assassin

8. Assassin Botanist

9. Assassin Convict

10. Assassin Missionary

11. Assassin Occultist

12. Botanist

13. Botanist Convict

14. Botanist Missionary

15. Botanist Occultist

16. Convict

17. Convict Missionary

18. Convict Occultist

19. Missionary

20. Missionary Occultist

21. Occultist

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So your icons are against you getting a trio then - seeing as missionary and occultist are in different trio sets.

Really you want Whaler + Assassin + Occultist up or Botanist + Missionary + Convict or a 2+1 combo derived from them otherwise ur icons aren't doing you no favours for stories.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Correct

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Upgrading crew is higher priority against upgrading port, especially in pincers, since most of the 'upgrades' there are not actually upgrades (more like sidegrades, and in some cases downgrades).

Basically if it helps you succeed more voyages, its more important than the ones that don't

tim_chenw2.png

In pincers, do you get the triple adventurer big trade good missions only once, or is it a recurring thing? E.G. can I get 100 plates this week from a mission and get one more 100 plate mission in say 3 weeks?

purekilljoy.png

The triples are story missions, just like all story missions they happen once.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Question: As I'm approaching 100 plate, I'm wondering what I should be making... helm/legs combo, or plate? I'de be using it for melee tanking nex(also not sure how to do this if anyone has tips)... Would I be better with helm/legs and bcp?

meamzed.png