11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Is there any reason to make the armor for yourself ? Just sold my Tetsu plate for 35m and I am more than happy.

Superior has better stats, is untradable and can be repaired compared to the lesser tradable set with lower stats and 1 time use.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is there any reason to make the armor for yourself ? Just sold my Tetsu plate for 35m and I am more than happy.

Superior has better stats, is untradable and can be repaired compared to the lesser tradable set with lower stats and 1 time use.

... I know all about that and I still find no reason to own it ...

... I know all about that and I still find no reason to own it ...

Possibly it's being updated to degrade like Nex equipment, which would make it more viable. Even with that, if you have Nex equipment, Ports armour is useless.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Possibly it's being updated to degrade like Nex equipment, which would make it more viable. Even with that, if you have Nex equipment, Ports armour is useless.

Seems like its niche would be for people with high skills and no money, then.

Theoretically, yes, although those people would be better off as dps on a KK/Nex team. You need drygores no matter what, and void is easy enough to get, only the tank needs Virtus.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Seems like its niche would be for people with high skills and no money, then.

Yep, I'll be getting it. 8-)

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I don't feel like wading through 163 pages, so could someone briefly summarise why this is the case? The damage bonus on Nex armour doesn't seem that significant and weapons are getting to the point where the extra defense seems necessary. Even with the accuracy penalty that comes from wearing a full set of off-class armour, drygores cut through virtus like a hot knife through butter, and I imagine monsters aren't much better in that regard.

I don't feel like wading through 163 pages, so could someone briefly summarise why this is the case? The damage bonus on Nex armour doesn't seem that significant and weapons are getting to the point where the extra defense seems necessary. Even with the accuracy penalty that comes from wearing a full set of off-class armour, drygores cut through virtus like a hot knife through butter, and I imagine monsters aren't much better in that regard.

the damage boost is significant. More damage=faster kills and more healing from ss leading to less damage taken and more healing. There's not really anywhere where the extra defense is useful.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm not sure if anyone every confirmed this but you CAN NOT switch between bars you have built for free, you need to pay each and every time.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

No need to switch them out really. Luxurious is the only one worth having in the long run. Captains aren't that hard to get and it gives the most boost to adventurers.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Sinister bar is worth 1 upgrade and 10 points, while Nautical and Luxurious bars are each worth 2 upgrades and 20 points.

Warship shipwright is worth 1 upgrade and 10 points, while Sleek and Luxurious shipwrights are each worth 2 upgrades and 20 points.

Cutthroat lodgings is worth 1 upgrade and 10 points, while Nautical and Luxurious lodgings are each worth 2 upgrades and 20 points.

Imperial warehouse is worth 0 points.

If you build a 10 point upgrade first, you can build one of the other two options to get an additional 10 points for a total of 2 upgrades and 20 points.

As a general rule of thumb it appears that the maximum points you can get out of a hotspot is 50, with 5 port upgrades.

Thanks to Lizafer on the HLF for this data.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So are you saying if you don't build sinister bar, cutthroat lodgings or warship shipwright before other max options its impossible to get the max port score achievable?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So are you saying if you don't build sinister bar, cutthroat lodgings or warship shipwright before other max options its impossible to get the max port score achievable?

That is covered in this part you didn't manage to read:

If you build a 10 point upgrade first, you can build one of the other two options to get an additional 10 points for a total of 2 upgrades and 20 points.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

That is covered in this part you didn't manage to read:

I was asking to double check that it did indeed mean not building the 10 pointers first meant you would end up stuck with less points overal, considering the sentence you claim I didn't read is the only part that infers this it is quite clear that I did read it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Is that not clear enough???

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is that not clear enough???

I was thinking the same.. o.O the wording specifically indicates that...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Ah I mis-read, my bad, but still never hurts to clarify matters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

ggjagex.png

First day into hook region... Then jagex does this to me...

You are not the only one

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Like 1

Account Help