13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

Absolutely loved the quest, great lore and a better insight into Sir Owen and Saradomin.

And it's fun to know that the player is apparently more virtuous than Sara

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I really liked the quest, it's alot better than the previous quests. However, also alot easier than the previous Black Knight's Fortress Quest. All you had to do is follow the path.

What I really didn't like about Saradomin is:

He would've took the wand even if you wanted to destroy it. The wand seems very powerfull, so the world might be better off without it. I actually wanted the wand myself, and become a God.

first off, not an elder artifact

secondly, they've confirmed that godhood is impossible to attain for any player character

8f14270694.jpg

not liking the pronunciation of Iban :(

How did they pronounce it? I can't remember.

like ee-bahn

That's how I've always pronounced it in my head.

I've always said it phonically, which is eye-ban

Which is how I pronounce it. Them English fellers talk funny-like ...

I'm English and I say eye-ban, it's those southerners with their dodgy pronunciations

On topic, I did like the quest and Saradomin kinda threw me, I didn't like the guy after his arrogance in the whole Guthix shiz, but bits of him in this made him seem less of a douche, even backing up other gods morals, odd

baileydafrog.png

English pronounce Ivan weird?

I'd say eye-van, just like I've always used eye-ban for Iban

Trying to say eee-van like they have for eee-ban for Ivan would just confuse matters as to if you mean Evan or Ivan imo.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Player: Why did you choose us for this mission?

• Saradomin: Sir Owen has prior knowledge of the layout of the Black Knights' Fortress.
  • Saradomin: He has dealt with their kind before.
  • Saradomin: Moreover, he is willing to make any sacrifice to achieve his mission.
  • Saradomin: I will have need of his devotion.
  • Saradomin: As for you. Well...you shall soon see how important you are to me.

Dialogue from the beginning of the quest. Seems like the only reason we were asked on this quest is because Saradomin knew he wouldn't pass the test of virtue and needed us to do it...

By Guthix, he really only cares about himself...

• Like 1

Which lets me think that he still has the "if you are not with me, you are against me and you should die" mentality left from his young god days.

In fact, the whole reason why he chose Sir Owen sounded iffy to me. He chose him because he was willing to sacrifice himself, so... you want people die for you? (Maybe he only wanted his devotion to get the job done, and used the wrong reference instead :S)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Yeah, no need to start blasting deadly spells at us when we just want to keep a wand for ourselves, especially after we infiltrated a Zamorakian castle, performed arcane rituals, fought spiritual beings, solved some age-old puzzles and stood the test of virtue, which all could have us killed. That wand is ours, and he may attack us over it, but it won't help him becoming more liked by us.

now that its been out, it seems the dialogue choices are set up to re-enforce your pre-existing opinions on sara, not change them.

• Like 2

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The bit that really got me was Sara being like 'I was hoping you'd raise the centaurs for me'

It's like right so you think I should be doing that as the virtuous guy who passed the tests so can use the wand correctly so WHY did you insist on taking the wand from me a second ago to save Owen when I was quite happy to do it myself -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I sided with Zamorak in the BOL and chose to destroy the wand..

I didn't get to hear Saradomin talk about the Nagari, damnit!

Still, I dislike him more than I did before. He is quite the hypocrite.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Awesome quest. As a follower of Saradomin I absolutly loved to help him out. Now Saradomin can hopefully have an even easier time kick Zamorak out of Lumbridge.

[hide]

So...Any guesses what is behind the frozen door in the tomb? Wouldn't surprise me if it was some kind of Saradomian boss we haven't heard of before, unlocked in the next quest in this series.

[/hide]

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The frozen door is the exit.

They even comment on how the tomb is somewhere in the frozen north as evidence by the snow around near the entrance.

Given the stylings and 'frozen north' most likely the door is buried somewhere around GWD region since much of the fighting seems to of been there and Forinthry aka wildy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I liked the lore and although Saradomin's acts are all questionable (reqruiting Centaurs for the cause, not give a crap about them, just wanting to revive them and fight again? Really Saradomin?! You act as Fern now!) I liked the scaling with your combatlevel the best. Now this quest was a little more challenging then when it was a low level quest. Jagex should really use the scaling on every quest they launch from now on.

Yes, the combat was a challange.

Except for the last bit where overlays bugged and i couldn't see hitsplats, healt hbars, or prayers. Nor could I even see the red X that showed where I clicked >.>

Yeah, the little popup that showx "attack Dawn" and "attack skeles" was able to be moved around and seemed to block any other kind of interfaces in the 3d game world..

I actually had issues with the new pop ups hiding protection prayers in dungoneering (skele trio). Otherwise in the quest I didn't really mind.

I was annoyed that the % bar for the black knights suspicion wasn't part of the minigame interface.. and why does Jagex go to all the trouble to make NIS windows and things you can move, then not bother to make an actual one for this?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

most likely because you will never see the bar again after the quest.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Thye ought to make the mini-game box minigame/quest or make a quest box specifically for the purpose of prelocating any such random one off items from quests.

It was a pita for me as it appeared right behind my map and I had to fiddle around to pull it out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg