13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

And none of them are "the Insane".

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

*That* I would be willing to pay money for. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What is this Ziliyana's gift that we have to use on the Skull they are talking about in the patch notes? It seems to give the Sara dialogue about the Naragi.

It's the Saradomin shirt thingy you get for siding with Zilyana in TWW. Apparently its that choice that unlocks the dialogue options in DoC, which is why its required.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

There's 3 shirts after TWW Zilyana's gift, Juana's gift and Azzandra's gift; you can swap between them freely at the High Druid in the shrine.

So it's not remotely choice locked, choices in TWW just define which one you get given by default (kinda like the Elite void colours or wizard colour titles)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But is that not the entire point of his personality thus far?

His philosophies centre on the fact for peace we need to obey 1 ultimate leader and that leader should be him and anyone who is outside of that or goes against it is a problem and needs to be dealt with. It'd be decidedly out of character if he was anything but an ass to us when we go against him.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seeing as we are the World Guardian and he requests our help in this quest and in subsequent quests, I thaught it could have helped him to change the perception anti-Saradominists have of him. As we've seen in this quest, you can try to destroy the wand because you don't trust him with this power. If he told us about his regret and so on, we could have considered to give him the wand freely. It would make his life much easier really. :P

True, but again it'd be out of character. He's been shown to be rather arrogant I am right do what I say mentality and only with hindsight regret his actions. It would be very out of character for him in my book to try and reasons with us if we say no to him; he'd get offended at the insult and take action - kinda like how he started smushing Naragi after they didn't wanna worship him.

Nothing about him thus far really says diplomat or great reasoner it all says I tell you to do if you don't do ima kick your butt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

And in that respect, he's like almost all of them gods...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

We don't really have enough about anyone other than Saradomin to make sweeping generalisations about what they are or are not like imo.

I mean the only first hand experience we have is of Saradomin.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The Missionary begins his career with a reputation for violence, and continues that trend as he explores other frontiers, only to have a change of heart later when he reflects on his actions. That parallel?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

We don't really have enough about anyone other than Saradomin to make sweeping generalisations about what they are or are not like imo.

Zamorak is definitely after power, it's explicitly part of his philosophy to go for greater personal power.

Zaros had a great deal of power ruling his empire pre-God Wars, and as god of Control he will likely want to have control, which is a form of power. I don't see him settling for less power, only for less visible power.

Anyone after the Stone of Jas is also after power, although it's possible that some gods only want it to prevent it from being used.

Bandos/Sliske seem to like playing games, from the way Bandos sets up tribes against one another, and the way Sliske collects wights.

Seren and Armadyl are not after power, I think, but they might need to become more powerful to attain their goals, like Guthix had to gain great power to shield Gielinor from the other gods (they wouldn't have listened to Tumeken, right?).

The Godless probably will require some power source in order to banish the gods, unless they can convince the gods to leave, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Zamorak is definitely after power, it's explicitly part of his philosophy to go for greater personal power.

Zaros had a great deal of power ruling his empire pre-God Wars, and as god of Control he will likely want to have control, which is a form of power. I don't see him settling for less power, only for less visible power.

Anyone after the Stone of Jas is also after power, although it's possible that some gods only want it to prevent it from being used.

Bandos/Sliske seem to like playing games, from the way Bandos sets up tribes against one another, and the way Sliske collects wights.

Seren and Armadyl are not after power, I think, but they might need to become more powerful to attain their goals, like Guthix had to gain great power to shield Gielinor from the other gods (they wouldn't have listened to Tumeken, right?).

The Godless probably will require some power source in order to banish the gods, unless they can convince the gods to leave, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Zamorak is about personal growth through chaos, this is not quite the same thing as being after just out and out power.

Zaros current philosophy is about staying out of the picture and just being a guiding hand from the shadows, doesn't really sound like a big power play is coming.

True about the Stone of Jas but at this point has ANYONE actually expressed any interest in it? Not really.

But anyway these are all more about the philosophies and what gods may or may not do, that don't really hold any sway over the fact we have not had one to one face time with them and as such only have what their followers and enemies tell us to go off and not them the actual person. I mean Sara's followers paint a very different picture to what he himself comes across as do they not? So whose to say the picture we have of any other god is at all accurate at this point?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Growth also means you become more powerful. Look at Moia.

Being a guiding hand = power play. Zaros may be subtle, but if he can achieve what he wants, he still has power.

Obviously yes, we have no first-hand experience in-game with most of the gods, but we don't have enough experience with any NPC to really get a judge of character. Instead, we rely on typical characters to provide a sort of blueprint, and we extrapolate from the information we have, and we cross-reference second and third-hand sources, like Moia's account of Zamorak. I still think that list is a pretty accurate one, and that Saradomin/Zaros/Zamorak are definitely after (political/magical) power, with the other gods viewing it more as a means to an end.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Obviously yes, we have no first-hand experience in-game with most of the gods, but we don't have enough experience with any NPC to really get a judge of character. Instead, we rely on typical characters to provide a sort of blueprint, and we extrapolate from the information we have, and we cross-reference second and third-hand sources, like Moia's account of Zamorak. I still think that list is a pretty accurate one, and that Saradomin/Zaros/Zamorak are definitely after (political/magical) power, with the other gods viewing it more as a means to an end.

Even then, those three seem to genuinely believe that their way will benefit mortals as well, if that isn't at least part of their motive (Zamorak as a way of strengthening them, Zaros and Saradomin as a way to establish order and/or stability, though the latter wants to rule openly and the former wants to be fate). If that's the case, all of them see power as a means to an end.

they all claim that they want to end the wars so that there isn't any bloodshed, but it seems like they're the ones who instigate these things in the first place which result in the bloodshed

except for bandos, who seems to sustain himself purely based on bloodshed

8f14270694.jpg

And Seren (I think), her emissary gave me the opinion that she has the "screw everyone else, we are hiding" mentality.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Even then, those three seem to genuinely believe that their way will benefit mortals as well, if that isn't at least part of their motive (Zamorak as a way of strengthening them, Zaros and Saradomin as a way to establish order and/or stability, though the latter wants to rule openly and the former wants to be fate). If that's the case, all of them see power as a means to an end.

I think it's pretty much a given that power is a means to an end. It's about whether it is only that, or also a goal in itself.

Plus that, in the case of the three most power-hungry gods, I'm not sure what was there first: lust for power or lust for helping mortals.

A fun little quest, and quite enjoyable. I liked the idea of scaling the combat. I am still waiting for a huge quest though, that's the only thing that will quench my blood-lust for adventure. Saradomin tried to show some regret, but I still think he is an unscrupulous scumbag. Though, Zammy is a bigger scumbag.