13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

Hedgehog

Can't find one personally, does seem strange to have the option there with no function though. Dulcin's journal is quite interesting (and puntastic)

For anyone who can't put 2 and 2 together:

Captain Dawn Dulcin.

The key you find on her opens the journal from her desk.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Can't find one personally, does seem strange to have the option there with no function though. Dulcin's journal is quite interesting (and puntastic)

Captain Dawn Dulcin.

So you opened it, but clearly didn't read it. Dawn KILLED Dulcin, and then proceeded to impersonate them as we did to get to her.

• Like 1

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds.

Are you kidding me? I just wasted 4 weeks for nothing. You can't just change it in the middle of an event. Now it's useless.

Should have been changed the first week, or not at all.

This. So much this. What the hell are they thinking? Changing this a month in after we've already bought 4/6 pieces. This could have easily been announced before T2 was unlocked.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds.

Are you kidding me? I just wasted 4 weeks for nothing. You can't just change it in the middle of an event. Now it's useless.

This. So much this. What the hell are they thinking? Changing this a month in after we've already bought 4/6 pieces. This could have easily been announced before T2 was unlocked.

Don't worry members get the proper set

"In response to balance concerns about Warpriest armour in free-to-play, we've changed to the way the armour functions. We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds. During the event everyone will able to use the armour at the top-tier power of 75, but once it's over, only members will be able to use the armour to its full potential."
Calm_Koala.png

True, but they've nerfed the hell out of it for free players. That's what I was referring to.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

[spoiler=Quest Spoilers]Really, really good quest. I like the new combat scaling--while it was incredibly easy, it still took a lot more effort than a No-Requirements quest would have otherwise. :P

The lore in this quest was phenomenal. While the choices only influenced dialogue for the most part, it still felt as if your character wasn't just going to follow Saradomin. I'm not sure how it was for anyone else, but it feels like my decision to go against his will has caused the eventual end of Sir Owen's life from the corruption as well as revealing Saradomin's true anger.

I agree that the Wand of Resurrection does not seem like an Elder Artifact as it was created long after their demise. Curious that they would introduce something that is so similar without some sort of dialogue to tell us that it isn't, though.

Being able to say a prayer to your god over Sir Owen's body was a nice touch. I wonder what the text of the other prayers were like--Seren's was very nicely written.

The whole Golden Cabbage reward is quite possibly the greatest thing I've seen in a very long time. Not going to spoil it for anyone (even if they want to be) but just know that it is absolutely worth it to kick it around a bit. :P

Overall, a quest of very high quality. If this is just the first of many Sixth Age quests, I am very excited to see how great the others will be.

Also:

[spoiler=Spoiler inside a spoiler]IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

25 tiers better than every other f2p armor set is a little OP though. Definitely worth changing.

It's a hybdrid armour, so the -15 tier penalty is in effect.

So?

So now it's useless, instead of being a tier 60, which is not a big jump at all.

Apparently, the nodes give more experience. A lot more.

Fishing seems to give around 208 xp per bundle of shards, might scale with level. And depend on how many shards you get in one go? Would be around 60k exp a day in 1 skill, not to mention the xp lamps. I wonder if we'll see a rise in how many points people are getting?

Still need to see if experience gained has anything to do with the shard multiplier or not.

Fishing outfit stacks with the experience gained from tears. (Meaning Lumberjack and Gold mining suit should work too for their respective skills.)

Anyone else feel like you gather shards slower?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So, this is a total cop out in my eyes in a way... Here Jagex had the perfect opportunity to please the mass of players who want to see Sir Owen dead... And what do they do?

Yeah guys, he really is a gonner! Hell say prayers and stuff over his body and loot his stuff!

Owait, here comes our boy Sara... "I can resurrect him"

"But I don't want you to..."

"But I can!"

"Go do one Sara"

*Uses wand in anger on Sir Owen*

"Gee well done Sara buddy, not only did you bring him back to life when no one wanted him around, but you turn him into a rage monster that's dangerous to everyone *slow clap*" >.>

I just... I'm gona go and sit in my angry corner

• Like 1

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

So, this is a total cop out in my eyes in a way... Here Jagex had the perfect opportunity to please the mass of players who want to see Sir Owen dead... And what do they do?

Yeah guys, he really is a gonner! Hell say prayers and stuff over his body and loot his stuff!

"But I can!"

"Go do one Sara"

"Gee well done Sara buddy, not only did you bring him back to life when no one wanted him around, but you turn him into a rage monster that's dangerous to everyone *slow clap*" >.>

There's not really any way they could have allowed you to keep Sir Owen dead. Not only are they not going to kill off a Signature Hero in his very first quest, but they also aren't going to reduce his role in further quests just so that some players can have the choice to leave him dead.

They fully intend to make many more quests with him as the central focus or at least a main character--there would have been no way to do this without either having two completely different versions of a quest (double the development time, not feasible at all) or simply preventing people from doing certain quests based on what choices they made. (A very bad idea if you want the player's choices to actually be based on opinion, not what content is going to be available if they do)

Just know that he is slowly but surely dying. That way people who want him dead can see him slowly rot away, while people who actually care about him will have a very sad plot line to follow to its inevitable conclusion.

The Fallen Diviner

"But I can!"

"Go do one Sara"

How come I can't start the sixth age by sparta kicking Saradomin out of the realm?

• Like 5

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Even if you go with Saradomin its not all sunshine and roses. you get to see him admit his own faults, and its actually rather sad. it kinda surprised me when he couldn't rez owen properly. While i had been a stout sara follower before, recent events made me doubt that. This restored some faith, but i see he's fallible. I also want to know about then he was mortal, since he mentions that. What i want to see in the future is to be able to help him, but be able to convince him when he's wrong.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

25 tiers better than every other f2p armor set is a little OP though. Definitely worth changing.

So?

So now it's useless, instead of being a tier 60, which is not a big jump at all.

I agree with this. Thou, I really think Jagex should have switched the stats on this and Dragonstone armor. But it is another reason to buy P2P. Which means for F2P, abandon event...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

So?

I don't get how the best f2p armor is useless

So?

Because it won't be the best anymore.

Previously t75 hybrid meant t60 def which is an improvement over their t50 gear limitations AND hybrid to boot.

Now after Bol ends it'll cap out at t50 for F2p meaning it'll only have T35 defence, worse than their existing gear AND worse than the dragonstone hybrid set they can buy which being t60 offers t45 defence and hybridness.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There little use for Hybrid in P2P. So for F2P there is really no use. Unless you count PvP, but players there really mix a match or stick to one style already. It's still a good set for the damage reduction but having already have a set for each combat style, given the actually t35 stats, and if you avoid PvP I really don't see F2P continuing to care for BOL.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

So?

*NINJA'D*

It's not the best f2p armour anymore as when it reverts back to lvl 50 gear, the defense values of the armour is the equivalent of a lvl 35 armour which is rubbish hence why it becomes useless armour..

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Captain Dawn Dulcin.

So you opened it, but clearly didn't read it. Dawn KILLED Dulcin, and then proceeded to impersonate them as we did to get to her.

I did read it, but for simplicity sake of referencing how to open it with the knowledge one has prior to reading it is why I chose that wording.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So?

*NINJA'D*

It's not the best f2p armour anymore as when it reverts back to lvl 50 gear, the defense values of the armour is the equivalent of a lvl 35 armour which is rubbish hence why it becomes useless armour..

Level 35 tier defense values on Hybrid style armor is still more valuable than Level 40 tier defense values on normal armor, thanks to the way the combat triangle factors into defense. (The exact same effect is why Tier 75 members version of the armor is frequently debated to be the best armor in the entire game)

This combined with the set effect makes it really, really quite worth it--even for F2P. The thing is that now it won't be ridiculously overpowered to the point of being ridiculous in F2P.

The Fallen Diviner

yuck the last thing we need is a damn quest.

HERESY!

I try and set records on how fast I can get through quests by spam hitting the spacebar, in combination with the 1 and 2 keys.

The day Runescape Lore dies, will be a good day for Runescape.

Yea, why would people care about lore in a role playing game? Stupid Jagex, what we really need is more mini-games that are just mindless grind, otherwise our brains hurt from all the thinking.

• Like 9

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Actually I just checked out how the Warpriest gear works, and it's not strictly "hybrid" in the same way that the Tokkul-Zo is hybrid. It only provides neutral defenses against each combat style, as opposed to strong defenses against each (which is what the Tokkul-Zo does), so actually it isn't that good compared to Ports/Nex gear/GWD/Barrows gear.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.