Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

13-Aug-2013 - The Death of Chivalry

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

The Death of Chivalry

Free players and members
The 6th Age has kicked off spectacularly, and the gods are wasting no time in making their influence felt across Gielinor. Word is that the Kinshra - Zamorak's Black Knights - have located a powerful weapon, and Saradomin has ordered his stalwart servant Sir Owen to retrieve it - no matter the cost.
Posted Image
You'll disguise yourself as Captain Dulcin, the masked overlord of the fortress, and with Owen posing as your prisoner you'll infiltrate the very heart of the Kinshra organisation. You'll have to be convincing, acting the part of the tyrannical castellan to avoid suspicion and complete your task unscathed.
Subterfuge will only get you so far, though, and eventually you'll have to fight. Although the quest is playable by everyone, the combat scales with your level, so be prepared!
Note: you'll be given an opportunity to access your bank when combat is imminent, so don't worry if you're not geared up at the start of the quest.
There'll be some tough choices to make before the quest is over, and secrets revealed that may make you question where you stand in the ongoing power struggle of the gods. Although we aren't releasing a double bill today, this is the first part of an ongoing story, and your decisions will be reflected in the follow-up quest to come.Posted Image
The Black Knights' Fortress has been treated to a full restructure and graphical rework. Filled with fixtures and facilities reflecting every aspect of Kinshra life, and with a dark, brooding atmosphere, it's the mighty stronghold this order of fierce warriors deserve.
There's a grand soundtrack for the quest too, more than meeting the epic precedent set by RuneScape 3's orchestral score. Feast your ears on this medley for a quick preview:
There are some fantastic rewards for completing the quest, including Sir Owen's shield (complete with emote), a set of Kinshra ceremonial armour, a selection of chivalrous titles and an item that'll replay the quest's cinematic moments. If you're a member, there are some excellent post-quest rewards, granting you hearty chunks of Prayer and Combat XP, and more - be sure to search around during and after the quest. Some of the post-quest rewards have level requirements as high as 80 Strength and 65 Prayer, but don't worry if you're not there yet - you can return when you have the levels and claim the rewards.
Steel yourselves, and step boldly into the darkness!
Mod Stu
How to start The Death of Chivalry:

• Speak to Sir Owen in the back garden of Edgeville Monastery.
Requirements:
  • None.
  • Members are eligible for a number of additional post-quest rewards. These require levels up to 80 Strength and 65 Prayer.
  • Combat will scale to your level, so be sure to equip your best combat gear when you have the opportunity to do so.
The Battle of Lumbridge - Week 4

Free players and members
With the fourth week of the conflict at Lumbridge comes a new set of changes and additions to the fight:
  • Both Saradomin's and Zamorak's forces have called for reinforcements in the shape of the centaur and lesser demon champions! These powerful melee fighters possess an aura which will rapidly heal nearby friendly adventurers; they're also known to carry more divine tears than regular troops.
  • The crater has become more volatile, increasing the frequency of unstable node events. In addition to the green nodes which give additional tears, and the dangerous orange nodes, participants may also see silver nodes which drop the metal fragments needed to craft weapon overrides.
  • Experience given by all actions within the crater has increased significantly, while drop rates of metal fragments, weapon heads and titles have increased slightly.
  • The quartermasters have opened the second tier of their reward shops, with new armour, titles and emotes on offer.
  • Each faction has a new strategic option for all of its followers to vote on.
  • As it's a new week, there's a new Duke's Dilemma for members to consider.
In response to balance concerns about Warpriest armour in free-to-play, we've changed to the way the armour functions. We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds. During the event everyone will able to use the armour at the top-tier power of 75, but once it's over, only members will be able to use the armour to its full potential.
Mod Moltare
Behind the Scenes Video

Mod Stu and Mod Osborne tell you all about The Death of Chivalry, and take you on a tour of the new Black Knights' Fortress in our latest Behind the Scenes video:
In Other News
  • The Black Knights' Fortress quest has been removed, replaced by The Death of Chivalry. If you have already completed Black Knights' Fortress, you will receive no additional quest points for completing The Death of Chivalry.
  • Solomon's stocking new Hero Packs, styled after Sir Owen and Linza. VisitSolomon's General Store to pick them up!
  • You'll see items for making a shaman's outfit on the Squeal of Fortune from Friday - handy for summoners everywhere. Look out for more details soon!
The patch notes archive can be viewed here.
Discuss this here.

Patch notes:

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB
yuck the last thing we need is a damn quest.

And no patch notes :[]

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
Its not even a proper new quest just a replacement once again :@

Seems like they messed up the servers aswell constant d/cs :@

Posted Image

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

HERESY!

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Dwoofie
[ Display Name History ]

Dwoofie

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
Apparently, the nodes give more experience. A lot more.

Fishing seems to give around 208 xp per bundle of shards, might scale with level. And depend on how many shards you get in one go? Would be around 60k exp a day in 1 skill, not to mention the xp lamps. I wonder if we'll see a rise in how many points people are getting?

Still need to see if experience gained has anything to do with the shard multiplier or not.

Fishing outfit stacks with the experience gained from tears. (Meaning Lumberjack and Gold mining suit should work too for their respective skills.)

Dwoofie.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
exp does scale with level

as for the silver nodes, unlike the other stupid node types, they actually stay long enough to get a decent amount of metal out of them, even if you didn't start on it right away

will test if it works with divine inspiration later

fun fact: champions will not explode if they enter the enemy camp, and will actually spawn camp if enemies appear next to it while it is strolling about

8f14270694.jpg

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

fun fact: champions will not explode if they enter the enemy camp, and will actually spawn camp if enemies appear next to it while it is strolling about

And it is also a rare sight, since champion's is lucky to survive that long.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

HERESY!

I try and set records on how fast I can get through quests by spam hitting the spacebar, in combination with the 1 and 2 keys.

The day Runescape Lore dies, will be a good day for Runescape.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,012 posts
Mhhmm-hmmm. First thing I must say is damn, that soundtrack is goooood. Quest seems good so far, too. I'll have more opinions when I'm done.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

bhim
[ Display Name History ]

bhim

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • RSN:bhim
tbh there isn't much to complain about here... Quest will likely be quick and one of the rewards is 70k prayer exp for free soooo

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
SOOO MUCH PATCHNOTES!!!!!!!! B

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
I like the templar outfit you get from the quest looks amazing

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• 7,789 posts
Great quest

Blofeld
[ Display Name History ]

Blofeld

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • RSN:Blofeld
'A bug where players could not complete a certain Sinkhole map due to mobs not spawning correctly in a certain room has been fixed'

Finally, this one has caused me so much annoyance and wasted time!

Dreezer
[ Display Name History ]

Dreezer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • RSN:dreezer

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
THIS A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!!!

"The camera zooms out further when fighting the Queen Black Dragon."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

ThePie
[ Display Name History ]

ThePie

Memento Vivere

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds.

Are you kidding me? I just wasted 4 weeks for nothing. You can't just change it in the middle of an event. Now it's useless.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I thought the zammy armour was meant to be cosmetic post-quest? Seems like it is not.

One gripe I did have was the whole choices:consequences thing did not seem to be done overly well.
Some dialogues seemed to be giving a choice, but was just random dialogue with only 1 option to offer progress, whilst other parts that were choices either did not seem like they would be or seemed like they'd give further sub options or a way to back pedal a bit before they just happen.

The golden cabbage kind of annoys me too, it's a nice nod and all but imo it perhaps shouldn't just be there with no explanation as anyone new to the game is not going to understand it.

Also @Hedgehog spoiler thing:

To people struggling to find post-quest rewards:

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

We've reduced its middle tier to level 50 for all players, and once the event has ended, this will become the maximum level the armour can reach on free-to-play worlds.

Are you kidding me? I just wasted 4 weeks for nothing. You can't just change it in the middle of an event. Now it's useless.

Should have been changed the first week, or not at all.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users