Evolution of PVP combat!

V O R K

I reallllly don't think treasure trail rewards should ever be part of the serious gear loadouts

it was back then, and that was just balls, considering how much it robbed the actual game of having a chance at equipment that people are actually acquiring through real effort

Doubt you pked in Barrows. & Which 'serious' gear loadout do you mean, full dragon versus dragonhide? i'm open for ideas, suggestions & criticism but "I don't want this!" ...  258c8y8.gif

Defenders were easy to get, so was the book. Good alternative when whipping in Ahrims and you wanted to barrage ;).

& yeah Alg, doesn't neccesarily have to be for the wilderness, it could be for the world events. Just looking for ideas, I should stop focusing on the wilderness alone:\.

Sir Gahalad has a broader spectrum:

1. PvP - Player versus Player content. Could be anything, not even necessarily combat.

2. Combat PvP - Player versus Player content involving combat. (What this thread is about)

3. Wanted combat PvP - combat where everyone involved wants to be in the fight.

4. Unwanted combat PvP - combat where one side of the fight wants to be fighting, and the other doesn't.

5. Escapable combat PvP - combat that might not result in a victory, because it's possible to escape a fight. KO's are paramount in this situation.

6. Non escapable combat PvP - once you're in combat, it's a fight to the death. KO's are still useful, as they stop your opponent making use of all their food, but greater DPS over time until they run out of food will also result in victory.

7. Wealth transfer combat PvP - fights where the only rewards come from taking items from other players.

8. Wealth creation combat PvP - fights where rewards are created and earned through PvP, just like they are created and earned in PvM or skilling.

9. Incidental combat PvP - something where defeating the opponent (or even just slowing them down) is not the end, but a means to an end e.g. helps you win Castle Wars. With these definitions, we could then clearly state what we want, and investigate what effect a proposed solution has on any of these

C'mon Jagex poll us

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I disagree:

Why do I go there? I remember:
Edgeville/Varrock was a place with strictly PVP'ers or the occasional abyss RCer. ZMI, RC runners are better.
Green dragons there were bone/hide collectors aswell as PKers. -> Frost dragons
Revenants drop brawler gloves aswell as PVP armours. -> ABYSMAL drop rate/not worthwhile 
Mines - Runite was the best at the time and people fought for it (F2P) - Dungeoneering, Hero mine, Grotworms
Mage bank was for higher-levels or people looking for cheap runes and a new spell/staff - God spells are obsolete, runes are dirt cheap
Agility arena - Coupled with the brawler gloves this is a great way of getting a lot of agility exp. - Still being used
Boneyard - Big bones were big money! (F2p) - Not worth it anymore
Demonic ruins: Rune full helm, multiway (F2P) - Toggle removed all the fun of this place
Ice plateau - Very good combat exp (ice warriors/F2P)
Magic axes - Very good combat exp - Not so good combat exp :c

All of that is now obsolete since evolving to RS3. Although runite has lessened spawntime, it's still only one (F2P!!) spot

I roam all of these places and with no reason. It isn't worth my time to go look for the occasional PVP'er (which are found mostly in low levels or warbands) and neither will I encounter a skiller/PvM'er due to teleports and better alternatives. There really is no other reason to get into the wilderness then get insane amounts of exp from warbands. (a highly monopolized minigame) Why wouldn't they add more risk vs. reward ALL OVER so it's spread out instead, with various reasons to go there instead of at a fixed time every 6 hours?

All that instant gratification, yuck.

✿ ♥‿♥)

Except the risk v. reward in those areas never came close to being balanced, and now it would only be worse in that area.

More to the point, non-PvP'ers just don't like being forced to go into the wilderness, and never have. That seems to be the one thing that never comes up.

Except the risk v. reward in those areas never came close to being balanced, and now it would only be worse in that area.

More to the point, non-PvP'ers just don't like being forced to go into the wilderness, and never have. That seems to be the one thing that never comes up.

Pkers have nothing to gain from killing skillers, but they do it anyway just to grief. Such is the nature of Pkers, and why I am glad most of them left the game.

4NIrZ.png

Pkers have nothing to gain from killing skillers, but they do it anyway just to grief. Such is the nature of Pkers, and why I am glad most of them left the game.

And the nature of skillers is that they cry every time something doesn't go as they want?

God forbid that they die when they go into a pvp area.

• Like 1

And the nature of skillers is that they cry every time something doesn't go as they want?

And are skillers supposed to celebrate the fact that Jagex used to encourage them in the past to be fodder for PvP'ers? Like Everto said, skillers carry nothing of value, but PK'ers kill them anyways to grief them. Same thing happens with W60 penguins when there are wildy penguins. There are always PK'ers there with ancients freezing and killing people who are carrying nothing just to troll them. 

Unless someone is a [bleep]ing sadomasochist, it's natural that they won't enjoy it. This isn't skillers crying, it's just skillers pointing out that this sort of stuff is lame and pointless. 

Also, PvPers have always been intensely hated and regarded as a bunch of immature little brats largely because they troll and kill people without any items while furiously typing 'D'cl4z up ur momz @SS'. 

If they really want to integrate skillers and PvP'ers in a single area then the way to do that is through stuff like PvP worlds and lucrative rewards like Brawlers/Statuettes but they canned that idea...

• Like 1

If they really want to integrate skillers and PvP'ers in a single area then the way to do that is through stuff like PvP worlds and lucrative rewards like Brawlers/Statuettes but they canned that idea...

You know, it probably could work. It's what Stealing Creation should have been, but dangerous: you have a team with both playstyles, skillers gather and process the resources, PKers try to get them from the other team while protecting their own. There could be an element of world-building involved: you find a resource-rich area and fortify the hell out of it, while the other team is outside in the woods building a siege weapon or something... It'd be hard to balance, of course, but if done right it could reward both sides (of one team/faction) for working together, rather than rewarding PKers who can one-hit an unarmored player or skillers who can click 'log out' before they get attacked.

Kind of like an extreme version of DIY play, actually.

Damn it, now I want to play this. BRB loading up Mount & Blade again.

• Like 1

Someone who chooses welding as his profession can weld all his life for a good pay however they could also choose to go weld underwater, with an even heftier pay. That's the risk versus reward you take though.

With Mod Pi regarding the Wilderness as PVP - Endgame it has shifted my view, I no longer want to see newer players in the wilderness neccesarily but it'd be nice. Taking that into account and only looking at the higher levels, the more experienced welders, there should be various rewards in the wilderness. 

I don't want to grief you, I don't want to kill you, if it was for a pure PVP experience i'd go Pest control or BH, Castle wars, Soul wars, Clan wars, Crucible, Fist of Guthix, Duel arena... All of these should come with a PVP tutorial. Starting from the bottoms up, explaining each form of PVP (and safety) and then eventually, as final touch; The wilderness, deemed a very dangerous place where the predator rules but also where the experienced player can take a risk and receive something for it. Nobody's forcing you. I volunteered to kill dragons in the wilderness or RC runes in the abyss or gather herbs from Chaos monks, I just had to PVP in the process, and loved it. I agree with you, the balance is gone. There is absolutely no risk and no reward.

More reward vs. risk
74-75-608-65148577 QFC "Fixing the wilderness" suggests a lever/safe zone/bank at the church up north at ice plateau. Full Support.

-Add frost dragons to the ice plateau, green dragons are rarely hunted since these are worth more and have little risk. Give them brawler glove drops aswell (all Wilderness monsters should have). Eradicate the wall that divides P2P/F2P wilderness so players can explore the Ice plateau, agility arena, Rune rocks & MB which would be at closer proximity to eachother.
-Spread out several runite rocks, more to the east, add several to the deep wilderness mines. I'm grateful for the 1/3 cut of spawntime but that still doesn't defeat that there are only two rocks in a F2P(!) area. & That several monsters (alike grotworms) drop far more runite then one could mine 2 per world and then quikhopping.
-Add revenants to the middle crater and rework the ABYSMAL droprates of brawler gloves & PVP equipment (or read further on about Wilderness roaming)
-Add Dragon bones & Infernal ashes (2) to the boneyard
-Make the god spells/books relevant again: BOL, Wilderness warbands, Emissaries, TWW, the history of the wilderness, all of it has defined RS3, how could this be overlooked for PVP.
-Add Tormented demons to the Greater Demonic ruins (Lucien has summoned several in the wilderness!)
-Buff the exp gained from magic axes, ice warriors & pirates or replace these with monsters that are semi-hard to kill but worthwhile for the experience they provide.
-Wilderness clues or clues gathered from the wilderness have increased odds of getting Third age equipment and several more rarer rewards (The wilderness is ancient, ofcourse there would be clues leading to arcane armours!)
-Increased exp rate or using only one ore, less coal or getting multiple bars when smithing at west or east
-Increased exp rate or using only one ingredient when cooking at bandit camp
-Make bakriminel bolts matter again in PVP so bloodwood trees will be cut in the wilderness, There's these trees both in and outside the wilderness, perhaps when gathered from the wilderness itself these logs should be able to be banked. 
-Completely randomized itemspawns(*)

Wilderness Roaming (without the solo/multiway toggle):
With all these extras this still doesn't mean it'll attract players to the wilderness, there are still multiple safe alternatives to all of the above. I want to counter that by implementing "Wilderness Roaming"

When a player first enters the wilderness an invisible timer will start counting if you keep exploring and your Roaming factor will go up after a fixed amount of time with a capped maximum (which takes quite a while to build up effectively). When you have a high roaming factor you will be rewarded:
-Increased damage output agains dragons & demons in the wilderness
-More runes from the abyss
-Faster mining rate of ores
-The odds that revenants or wilderness monsters drop Brawler gloves & PVP armours is near doubled
-The odds of clues from wilderness monsters are higher.
-Sigil , Dragonrider boots/gloves, DFS, Dragon items, rare/very rare drops droprates are increased.
-Increased rate of gathering Warband supplies aswell as receiving the wand of treachery drop.

With the solo/multiway toggle: 
The roaming factor will go up depending on in which area you are and if you are either solo or multiway. Depending on which one you choose there's different benefits to each.

When solo:
-The increased damage output (whilst being at Ice plateau, the cemeteries, several dragon spots)
-More runes, faster mining rates (whilst at hobgoblin mine, rune rocks, deep wilderness mines)
-Increased exp rates at ice warriors, magic axes, pirates (whilst being around MB/Agility arena/Pirate hideout)
-Revenant buffed drops (Forinthry, Crater)

When multiway:
-Increased drop rate of very rare/rare items. (Near KBD, Corporeal beast, Forinthry dungeon, Ice plateau, Chaos elemental)
-Higher chance of receiving the Wand of treachery (Warband locations)
-The higher the roaming rate the more probability of you get resources over someone with a lower rate. (Warband locations)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Possible issues:
Players reside in one spot and stay there untill the roaming factor has gone up, this can be tackled that it just won't go up if you aren't constantly roaming. When a player gets killed the roaming factor also goes up (or down).
Players with a high roaming factor have unfair benefits: the moment the wilderness is left (Over the ditch!) there's a penalty that's imposed and it goes down the less time you spend in the wilderness. This is a high risk activity nontheless.
Players feeling forced into the wilderness - This is endgame content, there are various skill minigames, Warbands was intended to get players into the wilderness, not around skillers receiving a hefty experience bonus for leeching.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Randomized drops

There are several bone, plank, Herblore secondaries, gems, runes, ... spawns over the whole wilderness, remnants from ancient times, whilst they were useful for starting players in F2P long ago this is no longer the case, as an addition to the roaming factor there could be COMPLETELY randomized drops all over which spawn from time to time (something alike the rares on 07). Various planks up to mahogany, Summoning secondaries (tortoise?), fragments for PVP armours/weaponry, runes, gems up to dragonstone... This could make use of the broadcasting chat when you are exploring and a message pops up you found something.

Thank you for your time. I love you guys too. I'll let you know I pk Penguin & Agility arena pkers. ALL OF MY WAT, when I first started out I had to defend myself! Apparently that's an oddity nowadays.
  • Like 5

✿ ♥‿♥)

FYI, this is the same guy who posted numerous gifs bragging about kills he got "rushing" people. Yeah, people took that risk logging onto PvP worlds, but it was still a cheap and abusive tactic that required no skill at all.

Someone who chooses welding as his profession can weld all his life for a good pay however they could also choose to go weld underwater, with an even heftier pay. That's the risk versus reward you take though.

With Mod Pi regarding the Wilderness as PVP - Endgame it has shifted my view, I no longer want to see newer players in the wilderness neccesarily but it'd be nice. Taking that into account and only looking at the higher levels, the more experienced welders, there should be various rewards in the wilderness. 

I don't want to grief you, I don't want to kill you, if it was for a pure PVP experience i'd go Pest control or BH, Castle wars, Soul wars, Clan wars, Crucible, Fist of Guthix, Duel arena... All of these should come with a PVP tutorial. Starting from the bottoms up, explaining each form of PVP (and safety) and then eventually, as final touch; The wilderness, deemed a very dangerous place where the predator rules but also where the experienced player can take a risk and receive something for it. Nobody's forcing you. I volunteered to kill dragons in the wilderness or RC runes in the abyss or gather herbs from Chaos monks, I just had to PVP in the process, and loved it. I agree with you, the balance is gone. There is absolutely no risk and no reward.

More reward vs. risk
74-75-608-65148577 QFC "Fixing the wilderness" suggests a lever/safe zone/bank at the church up north at ice plateau. Full Support.

-Add frost dragons to the ice plateau, green dragons are rarely hunted since these are worth more and have little risk. Give them brawler glove drops aswell (all Wilderness monsters should have). Eradicate the wall that divides P2P/F2P wilderness so players can explore the Ice plateau, agility arena, Rune rocks & MB which would be at closer proximity to eachother.
-Spread out several runite rocks, more to the east, add several to the deep wilderness mines. I'm grateful for the 1/3 cut of spawntime but that still doesn't defeat that there are only two rocks in a F2P(!) area. & That several monsters (alike grotworms) drop far more runite then one could mine 2 per world and then quikhopping.
-Add revenants to the middle crater and rework the ABYSMAL droprates of brawler gloves & PVP equipment (or read further on about Wilderness roaming)
-Add Dragon bones & Infernal ashes (2) to the boneyard
-Make the god spells/books relevant again: BOL, Wilderness warbands, Emissaries, TWW, the history of the wilderness, all of it has defined RS3, how could this be overlooked for PVP.
-Add Tormented demons to the Greater Demonic ruins (Lucien has summoned several in the wilderness!)
-Buff the exp gained from magic axes, ice warriors & pirates or replace these with monsters that are semi-hard to kill but worthwhile for the experience they provide.
-Wilderness clues or clues gathered from the wilderness have increased odds of getting Third age equipment and several more rarer rewards (The wilderness is ancient, ofcourse there would be clues leading to arcane armours!)
-Increased exp rate or using only one ore, less coal or getting multiple bars when smithing at west or east
-Increased exp rate or using only one ingredient when cooking at bandit camp
-Make bakriminel bolts matter again in PVP so bloodwood trees will be cut in the wilderness, There's these trees both in and outside the wilderness, perhaps when gathered from the wilderness itself these logs should be able to be banked. 
-Completely randomized itemspawns(*)

Wilderness Roaming (without the solo/multiway toggle):
With all these extras this still doesn't mean it'll attract players to the wilderness, there are still multiple safe alternatives to all of the above. I want to counter that by implementing "Wilderness Roaming"

When a player first enters the wilderness an invisible timer will start counting if you keep exploring and your Roaming factor will go up after a fixed amount of time with a capped maximum (which takes quite a while to build up effectively). When you have a high roaming factor you will be rewarded:
-Increased damage output agains dragons & demons in the wilderness
-More runes from the abyss
-Faster mining rate of ores
-The odds that revenants or wilderness monsters drop Brawler gloves & PVP armours is near doubled
-The odds of clues from wilderness monsters are higher.
-Sigil , Dragonrider boots/gloves, DFS, Dragon items, rare/very rare drops droprates are increased.
-Increased rate of gathering Warband supplies aswell as receiving the wand of treachery drop.

With the solo/multiway toggle: 
The roaming factor will go up depending on in which area you are and if you are either solo or multiway. Depending on which one you choose there's different benefits to each.

When solo:
-The increased damage output (whilst being at Ice plateau, the cemeteries, several dragon spots)
-More runes, faster mining rates (whilst at hobgoblin mine, rune rocks, deep wilderness mines)
-Increased exp rates at ice warriors, magic axes, pirates (whilst being around MB/Agility arena/Pirate hideout)

When multiway:
-Increased drop rate of very rare/rare items. (Near KBD, Corporeal beast, Forinthry dungeon, Ice plateau, Chaos elemental)
-Higher chance of receiving the Wand of treachery (Warband locations)
-The higher the roaming rate the more probability of you get resources over someone with a lower rate. (Warband locations)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Possible issues:
Players reside in one spot and stay there untill the roaming factor has gone up, this can be tackled that it just won't go up if you aren't constantly roaming. When a player gets killed the roaming factor also goes up (or down).
Players with a high roaming factor have unfair benefits: the moment the wilderness is left (Over the ditch!) there's a penalty that's imposed and it goes down the less time you spend in the wilderness. This is a high risk activity nontheless.
Players feeling forced into the wilderness - This is endgame content, there are various skill minigames, Warbands was intended to get players into the wilderness, not around skillers receiving a hefty experience bonus for leeching.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Randomized drops

There are several bone, plank, Herblore secondaries, gems, runes, ... spawns over the whole wilderness, remnants from ancient times, whilst they were useful for starting players in F2P long ago this is no longer the case, as an addition to the roaming factor there could be COMPLETELY randomized drops all over which spawn from time to time (something alike the rares on 07). Various planks up to mahogany, Summoning secondaries (tortoise?), fragments for PVP armours/weaponry, runes, gems up to dragonstone... This could make use of the broadcasting chat when you are exploring and a message pops up you found something.

Thank you for your time. I love you guys too. I'll let you know I pk Penguin & Agility arena pkers. ALL OF MY WAT, when I first started out I had to defend myself! Apparently that's an oddity nowadays.

See, this is an example of a well-thought out and fair idea that balances risk and reward.

Kudos for not simply saying "Skillers shouldnt cry when I pk them!"

4NIrZ.png

Maybe this could use gathering spots instead of randomized drops; say, a pile of wreckage that you can gather planks from, or a dragonstone vein for miners? The gatherers who get there get massively boosted EXP, the PvP'ers can pick them off for the rewards. It limits the risk for skillers (you can't lose EXP), so maybe there will be additional rewards for making it out alive? Say, you can get good mining EXP even if you get killed, but you lose out on the resources you gathered... But if you cross the wilderness wall (by jumping over it, not teleporting across), you get an even larger bonus that turns it into one of the best activities in the game?

It's a shame the wilderness really isn't designed with cat-and-mouse gameplay in mind. It's a straight, flat battlefield when it could have plenty of room for traps and shortcuts to either make escapes tactical or to punish careless players. You could use that to reward experience.

*note: Alg is the kind of gamer that likes using the environment as a weapon

• Like 1

I'm all for some skiller stuff in the wild. But I just hope they don't use it as a tool to try and revamp PVP. Its a false filler in actual pvp.

It's a first step to enticing people to go pvp when you're starting from a community that has essentially eschewed all forms of dangerous pvp interaction. You've got to have a reason to go in there. Draw in the skillers, draw in the beginning pkers, then most importantly keep the reason for skillers/inexpereienced pkers to still stay there, keep that fledgling community growing, and hope it takes root.

I personally don't think that it's going to be successful unless the concerns with the singleway toggle and gear/abilities are fixed, but hey maybe I'm wrong.

hzvjpwS.gif

Warband chats already dominate the wilderness, and if useful resources/events are placed in the wildy which are actually worth doing, they will simply extend the monopoly. I know for a fact that the fc I'm part of at least would organize a way to do that activity with 100% security.

It is no longer the case that putting skilling resources in the wildy encourages pvp.

Asmodean <3

Skillers can only really be a small part of PVP, by definition. Making them the focal part, is indeed a false filler. Because PVP, at its best or highest anyways, should be exactly what it implies: two players battling it out -- not one player in combat gear 2-hitting some other defenseless player 2-iteming while trying to chop a tree or mine a rock. That's not to say that skillers don't have a place in PvP or that PvPers shouldn't kill skillers -- but it should be a minor part part at best.

Warband chats already dominate the wilderness, and if useful resources/events are placed in the wildy which are actually worth doing, they will simply extend the monopoly. I know for a fact that the fc I'm part of at least would organize a way to do that activity with 100% security.

It is no longer the case that putting skilling resources in the wildy encourages pvp.

And yet there's pvp action in the wilderness due entirely due to WBs, though granted it's not as effective as it used to be. (Which could be countered a bit by decreasing the worlds available to accurately represent the active playerbase today, but meh I'm getting off track.)

You just need a reason to get people out there that is long lasting. (aka not the shortlived price point of the Wand of Treachery that was doomed from the start) Make some of those things undesirable in a group setting. Draw in the masses so that people can start screwing each other over.

The principles are still sound. They'd still work. I just don't think they can pull off the amount of changes that need to happen all at once to actually make it work in today's environment.

hzvjpwS.gif

FYI, this is the same guy who posted numerous gifs bragging about kills he got "rushing" people. Yeah, people took that risk logging onto PvP worlds, but it was still a cheap and abusive tactic that required no skill at all.

Much ad hominem, wow, 0/10 wouldn't read again.
  • Like 1

Using your enviroment is the best :). If there are several hotspots in the wilderness and with the various teleports around now like lodestones, Games necklace, Portals, Ardougne lever it's much easier to call in friends or clanmates coming to help you. i'm entirely afraid and thought about the Warband fc's that now dominate but I think that's great with resources all over since there were always PK teams and clans to be afraid of and it does spread things out more. There is action in the wilderness it's just too concentrated.

Yeah I do feel the same way that it's kind of a fake filler but PKing eventually piqued my attention from how I started out just gathering and eventually realizing I would really have to fight otherwise i'd lose my income, i'd take noob gear and lure them to a multi areas where friends were or i'd just take good gear in inventory or something I wouldn't mind losing but still could do damage with, the PVP armours could make this DIY pking if the rates of revenants and randomized items are adjusted accordingly. Randomized items are not like Warbands they spawn random all over the Vast wilderness, there's not telling where the next one will be and is heavily chained to the Roaming factor but you mean like Falling stars and such with the veins to gather from? I'd love that, you will have to scout the entire area though, Scouting was done before too and it does give newer players a chance since they are lower combat and can't be attacked and it gives people that want these resources the chance to not get discovered. The combat itself is much different now but that'd still work for me, maybe it can slowly bring in other too. :$

Same here, Kimberley, I was hoping to keep the toggle and enforce multiway in some areas like before, you should have a choice in not to get ganged upon when entering but certain deep areas are just too dangerous(Hey why not both! :P). If I have clanmates around waiting in solo we can pull of a fight no matter who we meet ;)!

If anything i'll just be as happy if they do get around of reworking minigames.

I'm going to add those ideas on RSOF too (if you don't mind :P), not that it's going to change anything but I appreciate your thoughts.

✿ ♥‿♥)

Should put the minigames back into Wilderness, get rid of Gamer's grotto.

That won't really achieve anything other than make near dead minigames completely dead or having 'naked' players briefly flitting through the wildy to go to the banks inside their minigames to gear up.

Plus wouldn't encourage proper PvP just mindless AMG I PWNED YOU noobs jumping on people who don't care and don't retaliate in the hopes of maybe getting a couple of sharks or a games neck.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No bank is in the Wilderness proper, but a lot of minigames have banks very close, in safe areas, or else do not require items - SC, Clan Wars, FoG, Mage Arena.

Essentially, putting the minigames back into the Wilderness only adds a couple of additional safespots, nobody would be carrying items through the wilderness. That doesn't mean adding them back is useless, it just means that it won't improve PvP at all.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Adding skillers to the Wilderness would attract PKers, which attracts groups to kill PKers and so on. The problem most skillers have is that they'd feel defenseless in the Wilderness. I remember when I went skilling for the first time in PvP and the first thing I did was looking for ways to escape from PKers and get the right gear to defend myself. I had a 99% chance to survive any pker that way from any place in the Wilderness. I think a prepared skiller should have a 50-80% chance of escaping from a good PKer. That way it's fair. Currently the chances of escaping from a PKer are alot smaller, which gives skillers a feeling that it's unfair.

Warbands failed because the rewards were too big for skillers to let go. Resources in the Wilderness should result in slightly better XP and money than in the safe world, but not be easy daily xp.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png