Sirenic Armour- 22nd October

Ambler

In my opinion it is great that this armour is obtainable from something else than a boss. Surely the 500k per piece of thread is a bit expensive and the fact that the armour crumbles to dust after it have been used up is bad. It still seems like a good piece of content to me. And the design of it looks awesome. Like something coming from the realm of the Zoras in the old Zelda games.

I would be happy with that too, but they were very deceptive with it. They initially gave the impression that Sirenic armour being one of the few high-level stuff not to be boss dropped would be cheap and accessible. It is anything but that. The set currently costs, something like 250M, I think.

In my opinion it is great that this armour is obtainable from something else than a boss. Surely the 500k per piece of thread is a bit expensive and the fact that the armour crumbles to dust after it have been used up is bad. It still seems like a good piece of content to me. And the design of it looks awesome. Like something coming from the realm of the Zoras in the old Zelda games.

I would be happy with that too, but they were very deceptive with it. They initially gave the impression that Sirenic armour being one of the few high-level stuff not to be boss dropped would be cheap and accessible. It is anything but that. The set currently costs, something like 250M, I think.

Honestly 250m for a set isnt bad (i personally dont have that kind of cash but if i really worked at it i could have it in a couple months). especially if thats the price this close after its release. since it degrades to nothing it will also just keep dropping to where it eventually will be affordable. the good thing is that since its not from some crazy rare boss drop, we should see more of the scales making their way into the game. 

I believe this is actually a solid concept for high lvl gear (could apply this to lower lvl stuff as well but that requires a much more in depth rework). 

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

give it a couple months. once the hype dies off and the rich have had their fun, the price will drop. the higher the price of the armour  the more scales will come into the game to drive it down.simple as that. 

De_Toke.png
max.png

It's barely out you can't really make a judgement of the set value yet. As with any new content it will be stupidly high compared to where it will begin to settle in a week or 2.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I also find that highly annoying. Isn't it enough that we had to wait a long while ago "there are going to be level 90 armours in the future", then we were reminded "in a few months", then a BTS comes out "it will be this month", and then, "just wait a few more months for it to drop in price"? Sounds like a lot of waiting to me. All sounds very silly. They could have just made it less rare on release...

Based on its rarity, the prices may stay quite high (which is what Jagex explicitly designed degrading armours for, by the way). Right now, there are a lot of campers trying to get some of the profit. Soon, though, they will leave. The number of people actively hunting for it will drop, while the number of people wanting sets or looking to replace their old degrading sets will, presumably, stay steady.

I also find that highly annoying. Isn't it enough that we had to wait a long while ago "there are going to be level 90 armours in the future", then we were reminded "in a few months", then a BTS comes out "it will be this month", and then, "just wait a few more months for it to drop in price"? Sounds like a lot of waiting to me. All sounds very silly. They could have just made it less rare on release...

Based on its rarity, the prices may stay quite high (which is what Jagex explicitly designed degrading armours for, by the way). Right now, there are a lot of campers trying to get some of the profit. Soon, though, they will leave. The number of people actively hunting for it will drop, while the number of people wanting sets or looking to replace their old degrading sets will, presumably, stay steady.

your last statement is simply false. if there is a demand for the item, it will be met by ppl wanting to cash in. Varago excepted here because of Street price, GE price incongruities. 

De_Toke.png
max.png

You can't just make a drop more common in order to stop the initial hype overvaluing it, that would be stupid as it just screws up the economy even more.

Doing that results in 1 of two paths:

1) It becomes worthless because its too common and ends up undercutting a huge segment of other armours, which is bad because higher gear should cost more.

2) It spikes anyway and settles higher than it would've for a longer period due to people panic when jagex hikes up the rarity after the initial surge.

It is better to release it as it will be and let it find its own way to a stable price, yes it may be stupidly high at first but guess what! You don't have to buy it at that price and you don't have to wait for it to settle either you can go and get it yourself.

Having a change in rarity of a drop at some point just causes insane market fluctuations that can take years to iron out due to merching and underlying fears of Jagex changing it again. If you keep the drop rate steady people simply start off high through high demand vs low supply and it gradually shifts in to place.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

your last statement is simply false. if there is a demand for the item, it will be met by ppl wanting to cash in. Varago excepted here because of Street price, GE price incongruities. 

No. All I said was that over time, the freshness of the update will wane off and all the people who jumped on the camping bandwagon -- some of them will leave and go back to other things. What this means is there will a reduction in the supply, keeping prices up. I fail to see how it is false. 

You can't just make a drop more common in order to stop the initial hype overvaluing it, that would be stupid as it just screws up the economy even more.

Doing that results in 1 of two paths:

1) It becomes worthless because its too common and ends up undercutting a huge segment of other armours, which is bad because higher gear should cost more.

2) It spikes anyway and settles higher than it would've for a longer period due to people panic when jagex hikes up the rarity after the initial surge.

It is better to release it as it will be and let it find its own way to a stable price, yes it may be stupidly high at first but guess what! You don't have to buy it at that price and you don't have to wait for it to settle either you can go and get it yourself.

Having a change in rarity of a drop at some point just causes insane market fluctuations that can take years to iron out due to merching and underlying fears of Jagex changing it again. If you keep the drop rate steady people simply start off high through high demand vs low supply and it gradually shifts in to place.

Its price should be more than tradeable ports, but about the same price-range. Or statius hammers, for instance. It degrades into nothing after all. Setting up a drop rate that will, likely result in a 100M price at the very least at a time when a lot of the high-level money making methods are declining is not a sensible or good thing to do.

Considering the scales drop from Slayer monsters, the price will gradually go down. If they dropped from everything but Slayer mobs, I'd see your cause for concern.

People training Slayer will get scales as part of a task, so the supply should remain steady. I agree that 250m for a degrade to nothing armour set is absurd, but it won't stay that high.

Complaining that the price should immediately be settled straight after release is pointless. Everything, and I mean everything new will always have an inflated price, it's simply unavoidable.

I also don't see how this set is for the rich only. If anything, it's more accessible than any high tier armour set because any average Joe can go hunting for scales.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Considering the scales drop from Slayer monsters, the price will gradually go down. If they dropped from everything but Slayer mobs, I'd see your cause for concern.

People training Slayer will get scales as part of a task, so the supply should remain steady. I agree that 250m for a degrade to nothing armour set is absurd, but it won't stay that high.

Complaining that the price should immediately be settled straight after release is pointless. Everything, and I mean everything new will always have an inflated price, it's simply unavoidable.

I also don't see how this set is for the rich only. If anything, it's more accessible than any high tier armour set because any average Joe can go hunting for scales.

Your last statement is rather strange. What is a Joe supposed to do? Hunt for 84 scales (a rare drop) each time he needs a set of Sirenic armour? You think that's actually a practical way of doing it? Spend what is probably going to take weeks (if not months) assembling an armour that will degrade into nothing after however many hours? Come on, now, you don't actually believe that this is 'accessible', do you? I am finding it hard to believe. I suppose he could balance it out, hunt for some through slayer, and pay for the rest with his drop money -- but even that is a slow thing to do considering how low slayer drops are now. If the price drops to something much less, than you would certainly have a point. I think the price will drop, of course, but that it will stay rather high. I should hope I am wrong.

Also, since only certain slayer monsters drop the scales (rather than most ), this certainly won't be as commonly obtained as people think unless they use points to force certain tasks.

As for whether items should settle in immediately, I don't think it needs to bottom out, but it should certainly be a lot more affordable on day one than 250-400M for an armour that crumbles to nothing. Since it crumbles, and there is very high demand for it (because people need to replace their sets), it will always have a reasonably high price; I think they should have set the bar lower. I am not suggesting this for every drop of this sort, just this particular instance.

Would have been so much better if it simply degraded to 0%, then repairable, but for a comparatively large sum of money.

Something like 10-20m repair price for the set. Or maybe more.

That way, the supply:demand ratio would get better, allowing the armour to become affordable at reasonable prices and, at the same time, a bigger money sink is introduced.

• Like 1

Its price should be more than tradeable ports, but about the same price-range. Or statius hammers, for instance. It degrades into nothing after all. Setting up a drop rate that will, likely result in a 100M price at the very least at a time when a lot of the high-level money making methods are declining is not a sensible or good thing to do.

why should it be comparable in price to ports armor? That's like saying a seismic orb should be comparable in price to a dragon kiteshield. Currently the only armor it needs to be balanced with is Tectonic, the other T90 power armor, and it's way too common (or perhaps more accurately tectonic is way too rare) for that. Comparing it to an outdated, useless weapon is a poor comparison.  Also saying that high-level money making methods are declining is just flat out incorrect.

PS [bleep] the new quote system

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

because tier 90 power armor is useful and ports armor is not. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

tanks tend not to require ports armor either. 

DM0Yq2c.png

Tanks tend not to require the best dps.

NGL, in my opinion, ports gear is far better than nex gear because it simply allows me to ladt longer than nex gear; for nexing, i ONLY bother using 1 piece of nex gear, for god protection... call me inefficient, but i can outlast almost everyone on my team. (not that the team's i've been saddled with are the best nexers)

meamzed.png

Ports armour is currently tectonic/sirenic without the damage and with some more hp boosts... Kind of useless, unless of course you care about degrade costs. :p

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

NGL, in my opinion, ports gear is far better than nex gear because it simply allows me to ladt longer than nex gear; for nexing, i ONLY bother using 1 piece of nex gear, for god protection... call me inefficient, but i can outlast almost everyone on my team. (not that the team's i've been saddled with are the best nexers)
yes but how long are your kills and can you anti crash?
  • Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

yes but how long are your kills and can you anti crash?

sub 5 minute kills, generally about 3:30-4 minutes... and why bother anticrashing? it's only good for 1 thing, feeding pride, as is a waste of everyone's time. I'de rather hop than endure a constant stream of UMAD UMAD UMAD UMAD UMAD UMAD; inane drivel and wasting everyone's time simply isn't worth it.

I would much rather do 12 kills in a trip at 4:30/kill than 6 kills at 3 minutes a kill, because I'de have to more waste time on banking, should i use the nex armours. Call me inefficient, but as a tank i almost always outlast my attackers (mind that SHOULD be normal), I like to be able to do the same as an attacker.That however does not mean I will not berserk shadow and ice, to make kills as easy for the tank as possible.

meamzed.png