Sirenic Armour- 22nd October

Ambler

Sirenic Armour

Members only - high-level Ranged and Crafting update

Rangers rejoice - sirenic armour is here! This level 90 power-type armour is the very best gear you can wear for pumping out projectiles. Made by high-level crafters using drops from powerful monsters, it also means money-making prospects for skillers and slayers. Doesn't hurt that it looks amazing, too!

Sirenic_Armour-01141248.jpg

Sirenic armour consists of three pieces: a mask (head), hauberk (torso) and chaps (legs). Each piece requires level 90 Ranged to be worn and imparts a best-in-slot ranged damage bonus, with defensive stats exceeded only by superior Death Lotus armour.

It degrades in the same way as tectonic armour: it becomes untradeable once it has been used in combat, cannot be repaired, and lasts for around 60,000 hits before disintegrating entirely.

The armour can only be obtained through the Crafting skill, or through trade. Crafting the armour requires Crafting levels of 91 to 93, as well as two materials: sirenic scales and algarum thread. For full details, take a look at the wiki. Sirenic scales can be found as drops from legiones, as well as from aquanites, spiritual mages and dark beasts, or traded. Algarum thread can be purchased from Ocellus Virius outside the Monastery of Ascension at a cost of 500,000 coins per unit.

The true origins of these strange materials are shrouded in mystery, and Ocellus is staying tight-lipped, but one thing's for certain: every master sharpshooter in Gielinor will want a set of this spectacular, powerful armour!

Mod Neuo and the RuneScape Team

Requirements
  • You must be a RuneScape member.
  • To wear:
    • Level 90 Ranged
  • To craft:
    • 91 Crafting (mask)
    • 92 Crafting (chaps)
    • 93 Crafting (hauberk)
Ultimate Ability Update

This week, we've also updated some of the ultimate abilities, making them more powerful, long-lasting or useful:

• Meteor Strike and Incendiary Shot impart a new buff upon the player when activated, granting 10% adrenaline for every critical hit dealt within the next 30 seconds.
  • Tsunami imparts the same buff when used, and also enjoys greatly increased minimum damage - 200% of auto-cast spell damage. Maximum damage stays at 300%.
  • Death's Swiftness and Sunshine have had the durations of their static area-based buff effects increased to 30 seconds.
  • Pulverise has had its damage range improved. It now causes 200-250% of weapon damage. Additionally, its debuff duration has been increased to 30 seconds, and it restores 50% adrenaline if it kills its targets.

Mod Chris L and the RuneScape Team

Behind the Scenes Video

For a look at the art design behind sirenic armour - as well as a preview of the Lumbridge Rebuildathon - take a look at our latest Behind the Scenes Video:

In Other News
  • The Loyalty Point pricing of many items on Solomon's General Store has been re-evaluated, with up to 40% drops in LP cost. If you've spent Loyalty Points on any of these items since 2nd September, you'll be receiving a rebate very soon to make up the difference.
  • All degradable items will degrade by 20% on death when they would go to your gravestone. Degradable items that convert to coin when dropped, or that are saved from your gravestone do not lose charge in this way.
  • All items, including degradable items, are now correctly stored in a gravestone.

See the patch notes for other updates released today.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

To throw in my opinion, this is awesome, and the ultimate buff is going to really improve range/mage in pvm :thumbup:

edit: Degradables going into grave properly, I approve. Makes hybridding things in nex/port/t90 armour a lot more risky though, as you will be paying out 1-2m if you die :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Death's Swiftness and Sunshine have had the durations of their static area-based buff effects increased to 30 seconds.

Fantastic.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

To throw in my opinion, this is awesome, and the ultimate buff is going to really improve range/mage in pvm :thumbup:

edit: Degradables going into grave properly, I approve. Makes hybridding things in nex/port/t90 armour a lot more risky though, as you will be paying out 1-2m if you die :wall:

What's the point? Nex drops are lower than ever before. Worst time to add penalties.

Degrades to dust AND requires 1+ 500k threads to make?

It's as if Jagex is trying to design it to be useless and undesirable.

At this rate the t90 melee set will crumble to dust, require a 1 use 1m gp hammer per item and can only be smithed on an anvil in the far north of the wilderness, but the supplies cannot be taken through the ardy lever, mage bank exit or tele obelisks.

Nice to see loyalty prices drop by up to 40% cause they were just flat out stupid, doesn't address the fact next to nothing is buyable with them though outside of the original loyalty program stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't seem to log in (no connection to server).  Am I the only one having issues?

Edit: Now it seems to be working.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

At this rate the t90 melee set will crumble to dust, require a 1 use 1m gp hammer per item and can only be smithed on an anvil in the far north of the wilderness, but the supplies cannot be taken through the ardy lever, mage bank exit or tele obelisks.

What? The mechanic was meant to match tectonic gear's, and the level 90 melee set when eventually released can be expected to follow suit. Your wilderness analogy (and the 1m hammer) is totally off-base.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What? The mechanic was meant to match tectonic gear's, and the level 90 melee set when eventually released can be expected to follow suit. Your wilderness analogy (and the 1m hammer) is totally off-base.

Its called hyperbole or exaggeration to make a point, I wasn't seriously suggesting they'd actually do that.

My point was simple:

Tectonic came out, 1 resource drop from 1 monster. Unpopular because it crumbles to dust.

Sirenic comes from multiple monsters with the additional hoop to jump through of buying 500k threads to try and force value in to the armour. Still retains crumble to dust mechanic which is unpopular.

It seems as if jagex are just adding extra hoops to leap through to the already unpopular crumble to dust mechanic that are destined to make it un-profitable and unpopular more so than if it just existed using normal cheap thread.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They obviously didn't learn their lesson from tectonic.

Nex armor forever!

Rather, they decided to not break the game by making it different from tectonic.

Because it is impossible to patch Tectonic armour to remove the unpopular crumble to dust mechanic whilst simultaneously releasing Sirenic that does not crumble to dust.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Nex armor forever!

Rather, they decided to not break the game by making it different from tectonic.

Because it is impossible to patch Tectonic armour to remove the unpopular crumble to dust mechanic whilst simultaneously releasing Sirenic that does not crumble to dust.

At this point I think that's true

They just need to make upgrade kits for nex armor so we dont have to deal with this mechanic anymore

No.
  • Like 1

I think whether or not the new armour is embraced will probably be based on supply. If the drop rates of the scales is high enough, and the scales per armour piece isn't too high then it may leave it more affordable and more accepted by the community. If the right balance can be found between cost and supply then I think the degrade to dust can be an interesting mechanic. The reason I dislike degrade to dust on tectonic is because of the only method for getting tectonic: Vorago.

I may have read the degradable items bit wrong. I get the impression everyone is deciphering that as meaning that degradeable items kept on death degrade by 20%? I originally read it as degradeable items in your gravestone only degrade by 20% vs. the normal full degrade(unless I'm confused which is quite possible :P)

Can anyone post the patch notes?

maraxussig4.png

My point was simple:

Tectonic came out, 1 resource drop from 1 monster. Unpopular because it crumbles to dust.

Sirenic comes from multiple monsters with the additional hoop to jump through of buying 500k threads to try and force value in to the armour. Still retains crumble to dust mechanic which is unpopular.

It seems as if jagex are just adding extra hoops to leap through to the already unpopular crumble to dust mechanic that are destined to make it un-profitable and unpopular more so than if it just existed using normal cheap thread.

Tectonic also uses Binding stones which cost 500k for each. It's totally the same mechanic as Sirenic, I really don't see what the deal is.

60,000 hits taken is also 40 hours of standard combat. This means the gear will last easily twice (or more) as long as POP/Nex gear, since those also degrade based on attacks made.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

500K each for the thread, seriously?

It will cost like millions to make this stuff on top of the you-know-its-rare drop rate.

60k damage is like what an hour with Jagex's "big numbers are fun" constitution system.

More useless fodder like that tectonic armour.

It will take them several years to figure out that nobody uses it because of the stupid shit constraints.

I wish they would stop listening to the numbskulls in the community who [bleep] about needing money sinks.

They are the ones that camp 24/7 at King and Vorago and lootshare inflate gp all to hell.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

500K each for the thread, seriously?

It will cost like millions to make this stuff on top of the you-know-its-rare drop rate.

60k damage is like what an hour with Jagex's "big numbers are fun" constitution system.

More useless fodder like that tectonic armour.

It will take them several years to figure out that nobody uses it because of the stupid shit constraints.

I wish they would stop listening to the numbskulls in the community who [bleep] about needing money sinks.

They are the ones that camp 24/7 at King and Vorago and lootshare inflate gp all to hell.

This is the same group of geniuses that made PoP useless just after they hooked us in with the promise that they would be the best armour, and after we put in 2-3 months, they made it useless. Same group of people who thought that 100M for Tectonic, a degrading armour, was a good idea. Same group of people who made Vorago a difficult and time-consuming boss, made it so you can't rejoin if you die, made it so the GE price was ridiculously low so you can't CS, have to rely on LS/FFA, refuse to fix GE prices for CS, all at a time when teams are super difficult to find and so on. The less you expect from these people, the better. Annoying people is what they do for a living. 

Honestly, the degrade-to-dust mechanic is perfectly fine, it's just leaving recharge cost up to the market value of the armour. The cost is too high, yes, but the whole armour system is beyond saving anyway, at this point it's better to just remove power armour. Anyway, looks like a fairly boring update, although the ults are good.

What I'm wondering is, why did I get these Solomon's items on login? Also, we got mouse-over tooltips now (font change?)?

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Nex armor forever!

Even after reading the other points I still find the degrade to nothing a pointless mechanic.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Personally, I think the degradation system should be used more. Although degrade to nothing may not be the best option for it, I think that we could clear up some of the extra armours, ores and bars in the market by making all armour degrade and letting you use them to repair your armours. If you could break apart a piece of rune armour, or bandos, or nex, and use those to repair the other pieces it might give a better reason for high smithing levels. This would have to be in conjunction with a complete smithing overhaul though, which would put rune down to its proper place in the 50's. Basically turn all armour into degradeable armours and use other pieces of the same armour to repair it.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Degradable to dust is a good idea, I don't get why people are complaining if it didn't it'd render 3 month of ports somewhat useless...

As for the graves and 20% reduction on each item which is degradable, this should of been done sooner....

• Like 1

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Upon logging in I was given all the special items from this year from the runescape membership card offers like the aurora outfit and the capoeira outfit which I think was brazilian exclusive item. Not sure if they gave them to everyone or just gold members.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Just more armor I won't use. Plain as that. For what I do I don't need. And if I don't ever become a high level bosser, so be it. At this point I lost interest in trying to be one. But it does look nice to me. Too bad fashionscape won't justify the cost much.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Honestly, the degrade-to-dust mechanic is perfectly fine, it's just leaving recharge cost up to the market value of the armour. The cost is too high, yes, but the whole armour system is beyond saving anyway, at this point it's better to just remove power armour. Anyway, looks like a fairly boring update, although the ults are good.

What I'm wondering is, why did I get these Solomon's items on login? Also, we got mouse-over tooltips now?

The irony is armour post-eoc wasn't too bad...until they 'fixed' it by making power, tank, all and hybird definitions that are just all over the shop. Especially seeing as power armour specifically undermines one of the eoc's stated aims: Armour for defence, weapons for offence.

It's just sort of an attempt to build a system that does not exist.

The only way power vs tank would truly work in rs is if we had bosses and normal monsters that were sufficiently powerful (assuming your killing them at the 'right' tier) to NEED defence over damage boosters. As in monsters where it mathed out that the extra damage sustained outweighed the DPS boost, but really this just does not exist and for it to exist Jagex kind of has the system backwards in many ways imo.

To my mind (assuming monsters were made to suit the system and not just gear) some nuances that would truly achieve their desired variety would be:

1) Promote hybriding more. This kinda breaks down in to 3 points in my mind.

a) Hybrid armour should be comparable to normal armour of the same tier and be geared to dual wields, but carry a penalty of some form if you don't hybrid.

b) We should specifically have hybrid abilities, perhaps require some 'training' to learn them by combining exist abilities and have limited slots to store learn ones to give it some tactics.

c) We should have some monsters that are specifically hybrid weak, even ignoring the effective penalty to hybriding that you can't use a lot of the good abilities the trouble is with single weakness system there is no reason to combine.

2) Give dual, 2h and 1h/tank specific uses and purposes through monster designs that enforce it meta-game wise.

a) Dual wield is kinda covered above in hybrid. But in terms of non-hybrid it could be the raw DPS mode which actually lowers your accuracy a fair chunk. As long as monsters are sufficiently buffed that on-tier defence does matter, it'd make dual a bad idea until you are higher than them and can overpower the accuracy loss. Kinda like this is dual's 2ndary purpose, but the main focus is for hybrid weakness.

b) Allow 2h to sit there in the middle as the run of the mill 'normal' fighting equipment

c) Create some monsters that do have seriously high damage outputs that NEED powerful defence. Coupled with this instead of having power armour that raises dmg and tank armour simply build in a nice simple effect: Shields boost your overall defence and make 1h weapons a bit more powerful. If you balance the damage output vs the defence boost right, alongside 1h being boosted to compare to 2h or dual then it'd be metagame world using.

d) In terms of end-game/bossing you could even build special uses/auto effects in to each style that promote teamwork. Eg dual wield could be used to parry or disarm certain fast, accurate moves. 2h could be used to disrupt certain powerful moves and break armour. Shield could be used to block/deflect all those behind. If all these blockable attacks did serious damage building boss monsters around combinations of moves like this could then promote diversity in teams specifically to avoid taking unnecessary damage.

Of course really to build a system like this it ought to have been day 1 of eoc, trying to patch it in now would likely be disaster. But essentially it sums up the problems that exist in eoc vs it's supposed aims to my mind. It's supposed to promote diversity yet there is no metagame specific uses to each combat form so there is no diversity in the metagame and equally most/all bosses and monsters simply haven't been re-modelled to properly work in such a system.

But this has all ben rather tangential to the news of the sirenic armour.

Plv6Dz6.jpg