Sirenic Armour- 22nd October

Ambler

Degrades to dust AND requires 1+ 500k threads to make?

That sounds familiar, and there's no problem to it.

Tectonic... Degrades to dust and requires 1+ 500k Stone of Binding to make...

If anything, the thread/stone/(hammer maybe for melee armour idk) is good, it forces the armour above a certain price, rather than it crashing.

It's the same mechanic, and a different combat class. The only problem with tectonic is the availability of the energies, which I agree is a problem, and Jagex have said they're "looking into solutions" for Vorago's drop imbalance, which I'm curious to see.

The main fact here is that it's Level 90 armour, the highest ingame, and also power armour, so the best to use for dps. That justifies the cost for me.

Also, Nex solos are going to be a ton easier now with all these ultimate ability buffs, If using vwand/book/sunlight you should be able to get consistent 1 siphon solo blood phase if you know what you're doing.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Its funny that the majority of people [bleep] and moan about the degrade to dust because they don't like the mechanic and yet in the same breath will [bleep] about the botched economy. Degrading to dust, and having a gp cost to make is integral to market inflation. The 500k thread is brilliant and needs to be implement else where. I've long advocated for skills to require purchasable patterns for levels 80+ that cost several million coins. The fact that the t90 wand costs a max cash stack isn't just a function of rarity its a function of the absurd amounts of gold in the game.

Consider it like this, if a government never destroyed currency that was worn out and just kept printing new bills each new bill would have less value as a whole, because there is more money around, instead we remove some from the markets and it retains a fixed value. For a long time RuneScape has lacked adequate gp removal sources, and more have to buy it from the vendors items would help with that.

EDIT: As an additional note, the pain of the degrade fees right now is only due to the high cost of the armor, the more people that suffer from that effect and remove more gold the prices of the armor will go down if people don't have the gp to spend on it. If Jagex could removed a trillion gold from the game right now, prices on everything would plummet because people couldn't afford things.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I still think one of the best ways to fix the economy in terms of too much gp would be to implement a tax system whereby if you exceed a certain threshold of gp, or any specific item, (or an overall 'worth' tax that includes bank value not just raw gp) you face a daily percentile tax that increases the more you push past it.

It'd act to disincentivise hoarding all that gp, as well as making sure you can't hide it in item stacks, whilst equally acting to drain gp from the top end of the game.

Even accounts that are quit and don't log on could be effected by it. It'd certainly cause a lot of the uber riches to rage and would have to be implemented carefully (eg lots of forewarning and staged introduction) but it'd certainly be a way to get gold outta the game. 6th age could even be used in lore terms to introduce it in a 'safe' way: To mark the sixth age we have a new form of currency/coin that replaces gp all coin drops etc. come in this new coin and it is immediately subject to the tax. Meanwhile trading person to person or via ge uses old gp first and converts to the new coin and then say after 2-3 years or so any remaining old gp is converted. Would help to stop richies complaining to an extent as their uber wealth is immediately taxable, but it does render that wealth unusable without it entering the taxable system which ought to have a larger immediate impact of gp considered to be in circulation and in due course enforce people shedding excessive wealth. Perhaps in tandem with it they could offer an old-gp only bond at lower than ge value that cannot be re-traded and can only be redeemed to give the richies a bit of sympathy in terms of how to get rid of gp to avoid taxation.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Upon logging in I was given all the special items from this year from the runescape membership card offers like the aurora outfit and the capoeira outfit which I think was brazilian exclusive item. Not sure if they gave them to everyone or just gold members.

It was for gold members. Which means free Skypouncher! :D

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

60k damage is like what an hour with Jagex's "big numbers are fun" constitution system.

60k hits, not 60k damage.  There is a huge differece.  If you bothered to read carefully, you would know that.

It's a 100,000 charges if you look in the wiki. 

No idea what a charge is but I can take a conservative guess and say it's a point of damage. (after 8 years with Jagex, i know them well)

So there you get 2 hours... hoo hum.

Oh and if you wanted more facts it takes 84 scales and 6 pieces of thread to make the armour set.

Thats 87mil if scales are sold at the GE starting price of 1mil each.

Very unlikely since the only things that drop them are the stuff in the day glow place with the fake guthix. and 3 slayer tasks (spiritual mages, aquanites, and dark beasts).

So 87mil+ for 2 hours of styling like a space jelly.

Award winning update here, as awesome as that pvp armour was....

this is a way better update than that prestige system.

We definitely had to vote that shit down and save the sanctity of the highscores.

Hey, do it for the no-lifers if you haven't. They need your help.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think Tectonic works on a different system, where it's only hits taken as opposed to ticks where hits were taken and dealt. As such it lasts much longer compared to Nex/POP.

Likewise, if Sirenic follows the same mechanic, it can be expected to last longer than the other pieces of degrading gear.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

60k damage is like what an hour with Jagex's "big numbers are fun" constitution system.

60k hits, not 60k damage.  There is a huge differece.  If you bothered to read carefully, you would know that.

It's a 100,000 charges if you look in the wiki. 

No idea what a charge is but I can take a conservative guess and say it's a point of damage. (after 8 years with Jagex, i know them well)

So there you get 2 hours... hoo hum.

Oh and if you wanted more facts it takes 84 scales and 6 pieces of thread to make the armour set.

Thats 87mil if scales are sold at the GE starting price of 1mil each.

Very unlikely since the only things that drop them are the stuff in the day glow place with the fake guthix. and 3 slayer tasks (spiritual mages, aquanites, and dark beasts).

So 87mil+ for 2 hours of styling like a space jelly.

Award winning update here, as awesome as that pvp armour was....

this is a way better update than that prestige system.

We definitely had to vote that shit down and save the sanctity of the highscores.

Hey, do it for the no-lifers if you haven't. They need your help.

After 8 years with Jagex, you appear to be comparatively clueless about how armors degrade.  There is no armor in game that takes one charge per point of damage.  However, every single degradable armor degrades based on number of hits.  So I am gonna go out on a limb and say that, since ALL degradable armors (including sirenic and tectonic) degrade based on number of hits and not damage taken, so also must sirenic and tectonic degrade based on number of hits and not damage taken.

Clearly, you do not actually know anything about Jagex, notwithstanding the short time you have been playing Runescape.

pere_grin.png

I still think one of the best ways to fix the economy in terms of too much gp would be to implement a tax system whereby if you exceed a certain threshold of gp, or any specific item, (or an overall 'worth' tax that includes bank value not just raw gp) you face a daily percentile tax that increases the more you push past it.

It'd act to disincentivise hoarding all that gp, as well as making sure you can't hide it in item stacks, whilst equally acting to drain gp from the top end of the game.

Even accounts that are quit and don't log on could be effected by it. It'd certainly cause a lot of the uber riches to rage and would have to be implemented carefully (eg lots of forewarning and staged introduction) but it'd certainly be a way to get gold outta the game. 6th age could even be used in lore terms to introduce it in a 'safe' way: To mark the sixth age we have a new form of currency/coin that replaces gp all coin drops etc. come in this new coin and it is immediately subject to the tax. Meanwhile trading person to person or via ge uses old gp first and converts to the new coin and then say after 2-3 years or so any remaining old gp is converted. Would help to stop richies complaining to an extent as their uber wealth is immediately taxable, but it does render that wealth unusable without it entering the taxable system which ought to have a larger immediate impact of gp considered to be in circulation and in due course enforce people shedding excessive wealth. Perhaps in tandem with it they could offer an old-gp only bond at lower than ge value that cannot be re-traded and can only be redeemed to give the richies a bit of sympathy in terms of how to get rid of gp to avoid taxation.

Welcome to Communismscape.... This is the worst idea i have ever heard. If you want to introduce a tax just make it based on items values in that items valued over X have a 10% tax paid 50-50 by the seller and buyer when sold through the GE. Your idea is overly complex and punishes people for have in game wealth....

Welcome to Communismscape.... This is the worst idea i have ever heard. If you want to introduce a tax just make it based on items values in that items valued over X have a 10% tax paid 50-50 by the seller and buyer when sold through the GE. Your idea is overly complex and punishes people for have in game wealth....

That's kind of the point.

The economy is in a mess because people horde to much in-game wealth thereby allowing high end prices to go through the roof due.

To fix the economy you need to remove gold from the economy and discourage people from excessively hoarding gold.

Also I fail to see complexities, yes perhaps in introduction it may need to have some complexities but it is a very simple system have of x value get taxed y % dail/weekly/monthly/whateverly.

Set the threshold right and it only punishes people who push to excesses without touching normal play.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The economy is in a mess because people horde to much in-game wealth thereby allowing high end prices to go through the roof due.

To fix the economy you need to remove gold from the economy and discourage people from excessively hoarding gold.

Also I fail to see complexities, yes perhaps in introduction it may need to have some complexities but it is a very simple system have of x value get taxed y % dail/weekly/monthly/whateverly.

Set the threshold right and it only punishes people who push to excesses without touching normal play.

For example your system will punish me because I have more then max value bank(Im using max value as being higher then the number will display on the trade screen). I have some rares not becuase i merchanted or PVM 24/7 everyday for years or did things to get rich and buy them but because i played when they were released and kept them so while on paper Im super rich by some Runescape standards I really am not as all my stats and money was mostly DIY and it took 11 years to gain(sadly I have no noncombat 99s). Why should I be grouped with players that have played for 4 years and used the GE to get the same bank value as me. They did it their way i did it by just being at the right places at the right times. But i dont think either of us should be punished. I still don't understand what you are trying to do by limiting how much wealth an account has in the bank?

It's the same degrade mechanic as tectonic, and to give a rough scale of how long it lasts, I've done maybe 40 Nex solos (Let's say 8 mins each) and maybe 100 Vorago kills with a set I bought I don't know how long ago, and it's not even on 50% charge yet... It lasts a while if you use it for bossing and not general pvm.

Though note how those bosses don't have you being attacked by multiple enemies at once, bar Nex minions/Scopulus, I assume if I went to a lesser gwd boss, where you're being attacked by 4 things at once... It probably wouldn't exist anymore. :P

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

They just need to make upgrade kits for nex armor so we dont have to deal with this mechanic anymore

That or propose to Nex already and get it over with, we all know that they've got the money for a ring

also, "beyond saving"? it wouldn't be if they just stopped screwing with their original EoC concept for it!

8f14270694.jpg

For example your system will punish me because I have more then max value bank(Im using max value as being higher then the number will display on the trade screen). I have some rares not becuase i merchanted or PVM 24/7 everyday for years or did things to get rich and buy them but because i played when they were released and kept them so while on paper Im super rich by some Runescape standards I really am not as all my stats and money was mostly DIY and it took 11 years to gain(sadly I have no noncombat 99s). Why should I be grouped with players that have played for 4 years and used the GE to get the same bank value as me. They did it their way i did it by just being at the right places at the right times. But i dont think either of us should be punished. I still don't understand what you are trying to do by limiting how much wealth an account has in the bank?

I never said it'd be applied to everything, the primary concept is to do with gp only, with the possible addition of some mechanic to deal with the possibility to 'hiding' gp in easily stackable items. Rares would be an obvious exception to such a system. Equally I never said how high the bar would be, the point is to target those with excessively hoarded wealth that is damaging the economy, that value could easily be defined by an amount well beyond max cash stack.

The idea is to forcible remove gp from the economy by targetting those who won't miss it, because they are the ones who have the hordes and hordes of gp that need to be removed to rebalance the economy. It's just the same as any other money sink concept, just instead of it being something people can ignore if they so wish rendering it less effective it actively targets the large sums of gp to drain them. It's not supposed to be something that effects most people at all, it's meant to be a top-end failsafe system.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

btw, in case you didn't read the patch notes, head over to the monastery cabbage patch after that one recent quest and talk to the monk there for a good laugh

(if you're nice, you can also help him out)

He doesn't say anything different for me, just "Thanks for saving my rosebushes."

I would say if you want to do any tax at all then take 5-10% of all sales on the g.e. It might bring a bit more back to the in person trading but overall most people will still just dump their stuff on the g.e. so it should still work fine to remove a decent chunk.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I would say if you want to do any tax at all then take 5-10% of all sales on the g.e. It might bring a bit more back to the in person trading but overall most people will still just dump their stuff on the g.e. so it should still work fine to remove a decent chunk.

That sounds great if they want to bring back the old player to player vibe.

To address a few things in general, and some specific points as well:

- I wouldn't mind the degrade-to-dust mechanic if it weren't for the fact that Tectonic costs 85-100M, and Sirenic currently costs well over 400M? That much for an armour that is going to degrade to nothing in a while? Ridiculous. That's my problem with it. Sirenic is new, so it won't be 400M+ forever,  but it will be an extremely hefty sum. A sum that most people can't really afford, particularly many w/ 90+ def/ranged, the target demographic. The only decent ways of making money for high-leveled players are Nex, KK, and Vorago. Nex and KK drops are lower than ever before, and it's simply not feasible spending hundreds of millions on armour that is going to degrade. We simply cannot afford it. As for Vorago, the rewards are great, except it's so poorly designed that most players can't find reliable teams for it. Can't use forum teams (completely unreliable, awful, and 110% chance that there is no split of the drop). So once again, only a privileged few will be able to make any use of Sirenic.

-The claims that this update are a money sink are ludicrous. This pitiful money sink does nothing to combat the hoarding of wealth by a minority of players -- it won't make even a dent in their pockets. All it does is annoy other people. Still, my argument isn't against money sinks, it's against the fact that this armour is not repairable like Nex/Pop. With a decent repair price, you could still have a money sink without having a ridiculously expensive armour degrade into nothing.

-If Jagex is serious about money-sinks, they need to target the banks of players with more money than they will possibly ever need or use, or they need to shut up. Either do something real and effective about the absurd inflation in this game, or STFU and stop punishing the rest of us.

---

Actually, such a suggestion, which I support, would have absolutely nothing to do with Communism. It's a strictly deflationary method. The problem with RS is that a minority of players has hoarded an incredible amount of wealth (mostly through shoddy/serendipitous and replicated circumstances), and all the current ways of making money (except Staking/Vorago -- highly unreliable and inaccessible to most) don't even come close to generating the money they have. What this means is these wealthy players dictate all the prices on the high-tier market, because they can afford to pay whatever. However, since there are no methods in RS of making as much money as they, it means all the other high-leveled players who weren't here for dicing/flowers/when Nex(or some other boss) had ridiculously high rewards, can't compete with them.

As for the suggestion that Sy proposed, I fully support it. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Communism. Remember, Runescape is the private property of Jagex. That includes your account, your skills, your money -- everything. That is the contract you sign when you make a new account. If Jagex decides to take every single GP you have tomorrow, that's not Communism, that's just a private property owner exercising their private property rights (i.e., Capitalism 101). It's like if I allowed people into my garden and allowed them to pick all the apples and fruit from the trees and what not, but only on the condition that they hand 95% of what they pick to me at the end of each day. This is a perfectly free contract, and they have the right to refuse this arrangement and decline entry to my garden. If they do accept, and agree to my terns and conditions, that's not Communism. It may not be nice, but it isn't Communism.  So don't try to derail the debate by throwing in a scary word like "Communism", particularly when it has absolutely no relevance to the debate. Communism is completely an inappropriate term to describe this sort of situation.

Jagex owns Runescape, and they have the right to do whatever they would like with any and all items, I would support them applying various deflationary measures to restore a viable and functioning economy again. If that hurts the feelings of super-wealthy players, that's too bad for them.

One suggestion, would be to do a system of Stamped Money (I think Keynes and a few other economists -- none of them Commies, proposed it in the 30's). Basically at the end of each month (or a certain predetermined period),  in order for your money to be reusable for the next month, you have to "stamp" it, which means something like, for every 100K GP, you would toss over a certain amount, maybe (40-50K, for instance). It wouldn't apply to all Scapers), only to people who have a certain amount of wealth (i.e., absurd amount). Basically, it would encourage you to spend your money, rather than hoarding it.  Basically, wealthy Scapers would be forced to spend their money on things which they actually need, or watch their money vanish into thin air. It would straighten their avaricious hoarding instantly. Also notice, that I am not advocating redistributing their money or anything like that, it would simply be deleted and be taken out of the economy.

Except isn't a lot of the "absurd wealth" kept in the form of items already? Shards because they have a steady value and rares becuase they're steady/rise? So purely taxing all of your gold wouldn't work as well. I think a tax on g.e. would be much more useful and less prone to abuse. The amount of items traded on g.e. just because a player is too busy to seel it manually would probably remain pretty high making it a decent money-sink.

Also, I disagree with your statement that this money-sink for tier 90 armour won't be effective. It will take a decent amount out of the game and ultimately a large number of smaller sinks will also do a decent job even if individually they seem minor.

Lastly, I don't see how really expensive tier 90 armour harms us (meaning those who don't do bossing) at all. I really don't think there are any creatures in the game that would find level 90 armour too useful in the game besides bosses. Everything else is pretty simple to kill with armour from gwd bosses or ports gear.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I can't seem to log in (no connection to server).  Am I the only one having issues?

Edit: Now it seems to be working.

I am getting this - any ideas as to a solution?  <_<

NVM - solution found. FYI - reset your graphics, peeps. then set them back after you're in game.

nyuseg.png

The thing is, they could MAKE Vorago a great money making venue for people, if they weren't just completely retarded.

All they have to do is manually adjust the wand GE price to max cash and BAM, Vorago becomes worthwhile for everybody. So ****ing what if the street price is 2.6B, you don't think most people would gladly accept a 2.1B split? In a group of 20, that is still 105m EACH. And besides, street price would fall if the GE price were much closer to it, because then people would have a reason to run Vorago. More wands means the rich elite have less control over the supply.

• Like 1

4NIrZ.png