7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

I think holding a wisp for faster xp for crew might be ok... sure maybe not the most efficient.

The exile would really only be a welcome sight for pincer and below region trio tg voyages. That would include the 6 bone from loop and whatever comes from the shield.

Once end game crew is mostly obtained then wisp can be dismissed.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think holding a wisp for faster xp for crew might be ok... sure maybe not the most efficient.

The exile would really only be a welcome sight for pincer and below region trio tg voyages. That would include the 6 bone from loop and whatever comes from the shield.

Once end game crew is mostly obtained then wisp can be dismissed.

Well, for one, the one wisp(assuming you did things efficiently) would be in the spot that should be replaced by exile first, and exiles should in general be high priority in the shield. Secondly, the crew bonus only applies if you use them and again, what voyages are you really going to use them on? And third, the xp bonus is basically negligible. Here is an example of someone going a wisp-based route and someone going the efficiency route both in the shield and similar distance:

[hide=pics]

77zU7.jpg

77Bdy.png

[/hide]

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

81% to Shield, I have all Loop stuff except the 2x Cannons (but only 56 Cotta at the moment). This is looking to be pretty good. And I just sent out a bunch of voyages for lots of Cotta. Great day. I probably should have gotten Cannons first since they provide a much better increase, but whatever it's all looking like it will work out.

When jagex changed amount of port points to get Fleet Admiral title ? As wake up today with regular admiral title :F

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

For anyone that was worried about not getting enough cotta I had some terrible luck like 3/4 fails twice a day for a week and I still finished everything and I'm at 79% to next region. So it is very very doable if you use a merchant the whole way.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

When jagex changed amount of port points to get Fleet Admiral title ? As wake up today with regular admiral title :F

They changed it to 3500 last week. 3k was clearly too little.

jay, it also depends on how fast you go. I was barely short while some other distance rushers didn't get everything aswell.

i was sad, i had just gotten to 3k points this morning

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I never cared for the Ports titles, to be honest. Though, I understand other people do. Preference and all that I guess.

Well, the Fleet Admiral title as it is right now promises to actually be pretty exclusive. The max port score should be somewhere around 3550.

I am one of those people who has the strange preference that the title actually has to have a decent color and look and sound nice with my name, and possibly have some meaning. So I am pretty picky with titles. Though the exclusive nature of it does interest me somewhat.

• Like 4

I am one of those people who has the strange preference that the title actually has to have a decent color and look and sound nice with my name, and possibly have some meaning. So I am pretty picky with titles. Though the exclusive nature of it does interest me somewhat.

I definitely like the titles that sound good, but exclusivity does play in a little bit for me.

Like I quite like being Super Super, but I'm not so hawt on Super Supervillian

My usual title though is Archmage; sounds cool and relatively exclusive since it requires 2 99s and you have to trek out to the wizards guild to get it so most people forget it exists by the time they can use it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I did like Archmage for quite some time (but I hate the fact that it isn't on the Customization interface, so anytime I go to Mobilizing Armies, I'd lose it, it's super annoying). 

I do like exclusive titles, but that's not enough for me to wear one of them. Like if I had a couple billion GPs, I might buy the Charitable title (the next time it's available), but it doesn't sound nice to me, so I likely wouldn't wear it unless I was purposely trying to wave it around like a status symbol. 

My favourite title is the "Of Daemonheim" title. It's fairly exclusive, and it sounds nice, has a decent colour, and Dungeoneering is my favourite skill, and I definitely lived in it for months. So yeah, it gets all the check-marks from me.

I am about 150ish from Fleet Admiral -- wonder if I will be able to get it, I never cared too much about Port Score when Pop V1 was out. But I do think I have everything...

But that's enough about titles.

Wait. I have about 3300ish Port Score. I just checked that apparently you need 3,500 for Fleet Admiral, and the max possible amount according to RS wikia is 3386. So how does that work out? I presume RS Wikia is wrong, but then when  I do the math...

I think I have all the buildings, all the scrolls, all the adventurers met, and 62/63 storylines done. A few ship upgrades left (from Shield, I am still in Loop). I did the math and it doesn't look like I will get anywhere near 3,500. I imagine the the RS wikia is wrong on port score per activity as well?

Max distance is 4.1M, right?

Probably not. Might be higher like 5M.

Can you get port scores for distance in the Shield? 

If the max distance is higher than the required distance for the shield region unlock there is no reason it wouldn't give port score.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

RS wiki has been wrong about over 90% new ports stuff. The port score stuff, they have just been winging it, guessing from one end to the other with no apparent logic. And i mean, the max port score is still unknown as of right now anyway so how could they be right?

Anyway, the first people will get fleet admiral titles back in a few days.

Isn't all we need now the points per X distance we need and the max distance?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Isn't all we need now the points per X distance we need and the max distance?

Yea, but noone knows the max distance. Most are expecting it to be 5M but who knows(people complained about us only going to 27% of pincers so...).

Can't we just check what would be the minimum distance required to reach 3500 score assuming all upgrades are in place?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Can't we just check what would be the minimum distance required to reach 3500 score assuming all upgrades are in place?

It's 4.67M miles, but it's unlikely you'd have got all ship parts by then.

Interesting. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg