7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

*raises hand*

Anyone know how one "farms" Koi Scales? I've got 85 scales and need 15 more to make myself the Reefwalker's Cape ... :huh:

2 architect and 1 missionary should be best.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

*raises hand*

Anyone know how one "farms" Koi Scales? I've got 85 scales and need 15 more to make myself the Reefwalker's Cape ... :huh:

2 architect and 1 missionary should be best.

I will give that a try. Thanks!  |^_^|

nyuseg.png

People who can't understanding the logic of numbers even when presented to them at a really basic level really annoy me.

Was trying to explain to a clannie why merchants + lower success > no merch + higher success and they just refused to see it.

Even when I broke it down to a simple level and said for example take a 125 terracotta mission, say you got 80% success rates

125*0.8 =100

So on average you'd expected 100 terracotta per voyage.

Say using merchant dropped you all the way to 70%

{125*1.33)*0.7 = 116.25

So on average you'd expect 116.25 terracotta per voyage.

They still tried to argue I was wrong and it was like -.- the numbers speak for themselves you can't manipulate or fake them. I've just literally shown you at the most basic level how the numbers work out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

People who can't understanding the logic of numbers even when presented to them at a really basic level really annoy me.

Was trying to explain to a clannie why merchants + lower success > no merch + higher success and they just refused to see it.

Even when I broke it down to a simple level and said for example take a 125 terracotta mission, say you got 80% success rates

125*0.8 =100

{125*1.33)*0.7 = 116.25

They still tried to argue I was wrong and it was like -.- the numbers speak for themselves you can't manipulate or fake them. I've just literally shown you at the most basic level how the numbers work out.

It is annoying but what are you really going to do? The way i see it, it just takes a certain level of intelligence to understand it and if people refuse to listen you can make your own conclusions.

The most extreme example to the merchant issue comes with the dual 25.8k missions, where relapsing a merchant gives you as low as 2% higher successrate. Compared to 33% more rewards that's just insane.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

125*0.8 =100

{125*1.33)*0.7 = 116.25

Actually considering the fact that at sub 70% missions you are very likely to lose some resources. I once lost up to 500 TC that way. If you can send out ships at higher then 70% with merchant, you are right.

Personally if I can send away a merchant @75%+ I'll do so, otherwise not.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I wouldn't say losing resources is all that common, I have plenty of fails and very rarely lose resources mostly they just go to drydock.

Besides even when you do it more often than not picks on the lower resources so it doesn't really impact.

And even factoring that in merchants should come out better because the lose of resources is so rare you'd lose say 5 per voyage on average, where as the merchants are getting you like 10+ more per voyage on average.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

125*0.8 =100

{125*1.33)*0.7 = 116.25

Actually considering the fact that at sub 70% missions you are very likely to lose some resources. I once lost up to 500 TC that way. If you can send out ships at higher then 70% with merchant, you are right.

Personally if I can send away a merchant @75%+ I'll do so, otherwise not.

Scared of RNG? that's fun.

You are also completely wrong. I've been sending 40-60% missions for a week now, no loss of azure since the first day of shield. The only two large losses of cotta/azure i've had have also been special crewman unlock missions, so it seems those are in some way special. Other than that, yeah, you are just plain wrong(although i wouldn't send ships at this low rates if i didn't have 4 lifeboats. Otherwise i'd not have any crew left).

The main issue is losing 500 averages out to be "ok" but it's still a horrible event when it happens.

Again, it's just RNG. Have some balls and take it like a man. Sure, you can be like Kags on the rs official forums and cry about every failed voyage, but lets face it, it all averages out in the end. The lower the overall successrate the more useful a merchant is.

• Like 1

Managed to reclaim my fleet admiralness, might have actually been the first to do so.

7ey6l.png

• Like 6

What adventurers should I have my totems set to attract in the Loop if I only care for easier resource voyages?

Do you want easier "trade good" voyages, not caring about the type of trade goods?

Dunno why you'd be going for something other than plate, bones, or spices. I have all three of my totems set to spices because i need them soupies.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Resource voyages. You know, Terracotta.

I'm under the assumption that certain pairs of adventurers have requirements that are easier or harder to meet, despite the fact they should be relatively "equal"?

2dgucz6.png

What adventurers should I have my totems set to attract in the Loop if I only care for easier resource voyages?

Do you want easier "trade good" voyages, not caring about the type of trade goods?

Dunno why you'd be going for something other than plate, bones, or spices. I have all three of my totems set to spices because i need them soupies.

Uhm, why would you focus at all on trade goods in the loop? Also, spices???? REALLY?? They are the 3rd worst TG.

Single stat missions are relatively easier than multi stat ones so you'd have better luck with whaler, convict and assassin.

• Like 1

Uhm, why would you focus at all on trade goods in the loop? Also, spices???? REALLY?? They are the 3rd worst TG.

Single stat missions are relatively easier than multi stat ones so you'd have better luck with whaler, convict and assassin.

I do spices because I need rocktail soups...

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

^

1) Do more profitable trade goods.

2) Sell stuff

3) Buy more soups than you coulda made using the spices.

Doing spices cause you need soups is as foolish as doing less profitable options in mtk cause you 'need' the resources. The option that gives the biggest gp output is always the best as you can then buy in more of the resource you need than would've been supplied otherwise. The only exception to this rule is for untradeables - eg if you want death lotus darts or superior armour/cape/ring for personal use then you have to do it yourself as it cannot be bought.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Don't the trade good missions give a ton more distance than resource missions too? I do any that appear, assuming I don't accidentally reroll them. :lol:

Also for soups, there's no place where they're worth using, bar PvP, and even that's debatable... Healing shouldn't be an issue unless you're soloing Nex, and even then it's possible to not use food.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Don't the trade good missions give a ton more distance than resource missions too? I do any that appear, assuming I don't accidentally reroll them. :lol:

Also for soups, there's no place where they're worth using, bar PvP, and even that's debatable... Healing shouldn't be an issue unless you're soloing Nex, and even then it's possible to not use food.

It's probably a little known fact but every standard mission in ports gives exactly the same distance per hour. This means that whenever you have 4 standard missions going you are gaining max distance regardless of what missions they are(standard missions are current region 100% or long distance voyages, max speed is considered for all voyages). The reasons not to do long missions in the loop are desyncing and lack of resources.

And yeah, as Sy already stated, unless you are a DIYer there is no reason to focus on lower-gain resources(however, xp should be considered, but i don't believe anyone would do soups for the cooking xp).

• Like 1

Yeah I stopped doing trade good missions once I hit the Loop to prevent desynching, to stock up on Terracotta, and what not. Now I am 96% to the Shield and I have everything from the Loop, so if I get trade goods, I do them. Once I hit the Shield I will do the same, I will get all the stuff, and once I do, resume Trade Goods then.

I'm still not even in Loop. Missed almost 2 weeks of ports, and only done 1/ voyage day most of the time. 90% there I think. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yeah I stopped doing trade good missions once I hit the Loop to prevent desynching, to stock up on Terracotta, and what not. Now I am 96% to the Shield and I have everything from the Loop, so if I get trade goods, I do them. Once I hit the Shield I will do the same, I will get all the stuff, and once I do, resume Trade Goods then.

That's the idea. It is quite annoying though that you now need atleast 75 days of ports(and that's at 100% efficiency) before you get to the point of gathering trade goods. Realistically, also considering that you won't get max distance an hour because of lack of voyages before the pincers, it takes 3-4 months before you get to the ports endgame. Really, if jagex is going to have another batch of ports it should be done differently to address this point.