Hati and Sköll - The Wolf Pack Returns - January 15, 2014

Nobody

Hati and Sköll - The Wolf Pack Returns

Members only

Hati and Sköll - the winter wolves of Fremennik legend - are back from Thursday the 16th of January, bringing bonus XP aplenty for those who can defeat them, as well as new valkyrie-themed cosmetic overrides.

New this year is the appearance of Eir: a valkyrie preparing herself for the End of Things, which she believes has come with the Sixth Age. She has lost her helmetand spear, and needs your help to retrieve them.

You may obtain one of these items defeating Hati or Sköll, or by harvesting the enriched wisps at the colony south-east of Rellekka. You can get duplicates of that item by continuing to complete these tasks, but you can only obtain the other by trading a spare with another player.

For example, if you get the spear from killing one of the wolves or training divination, you'll get more spears as you continue to do so, but you'll never get the helmet. You'll need to get two spears, find someone with the helmet, and trade your extra spear for it.

Bring Eir's spear and helmet to their owner, and you'll earn your choice of bonus Prayer or Divination XP, plus cosmetic override versions of the two items.

Find Hati wandering south-east of Rellekka. He's tough, but any number of players can team up on him at once, and anyone who pitches in with the fight at all is eligible to be rewarded upon his defeat. If you find you're having trouble, bring some friends, or join others in the area.

When Hati falls, he'll drop items for everyone who participated. There's a high chance that this will include Hati's paws: a set of gloves that - when clicked - will award you a bracing helping of bonus XP in a combat skill of your choice. He can also drop a cosmetic hood and cloak - unless you already have them from previous years.

Sköll is more elusive, and must be lured by adding logs to the bonfire directly west of Rellekka's entrance. Note that any logs will work, and there is no advantage to using high-level ones.

Once 120 have been added (in total, by all players on that world), Sköll will appear. Again, you may need help to defeat him, but anyone who contributes to the fire or the fight will be eligible for drops upon Sköll's death.

Sköll can drop Sköll boots, which may be clicked to claim bonus Agility or Woodcutting XP. He may also drop a cosmetic amulet, if you don't already have it.

Please note: in the event that you have bonus XP unclaimed on your Hati paws or Sköll gloves, be sure to click on the item and add the bonus XP to your total before you complete the event this year - it will be lost otherwise.

The RuneScape Team

How to fight Hati and Sköll:

Speak to Vali and Vitharr just outside Rellekka for directions, and for tips on how to fight the wolves.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member.

Edited by Jeremy841
changed format, hope you don't mind

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Thanks for posting this, it is a good reminder as I already had forgotten they were coming tonight. I will make sure to get this bonus XP done sooner rather than later so I don't forget again.

Thanks Again!

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Thanks for posting this, it is a good reminder as I already had forgotten they were coming tonight. I will make sure to get this bonus XP done sooner rather than later so I don't forget again.

Thanks Again!

You don't even need to "finish it" since it now all goes to a giant pool of bonus xp. Just click the boots/gloves and choose the skill, you will automatically have the remaining bonus xp added no need to actually use it up :)

I am really enjoying the bonus xp changes, it is a lot more convenient than before.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

195k Bonus Attack XP. Nice! Thanks for mentioning it is so much I went to my house and pull it out and was surprised it has bonus XP still in it. too bad no Agility XP in the boots, I guessed I used it all last year. <_<

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

New this year is the appearance of Eir: a valkyrie preparing herself for the End of Things, which she believes has come with the Sixth Age. She has lost her helmetand spear, and needs your help to retrieve them.

Spear and Magic Helmet!!!

egcv41.jpg

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

Lmao, thanks for the tip! I got like 900k xp total from not having done the event last year due to not being a member! :)

As for the helm, I will definitely be okay if they look like that.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I was a member though. Could have sworn i didn't but it's possible that I was mistaken.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Lmao, thanks for the tip! I got over 1m xp total from not having done the event last year due to not being a member! :)

As for the helm, I will definitely be okay if they look like that.

I was not a member last year during the event and just attempted to claim xp to no avail. Are you positive your membership was not active?

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

I redeemed the remaining charges from last year, ended up getting 217k range and 472k agility exp. Definitely do this if you didn't use your items last year.

Yay!  I tried this and got 595k magic exp!  :)

But . . . Should this be happening?

1wau.png

• Like 1

I redeemed the remaining charges from last year, ended up getting 217k range and 472k agility exp. Definitely do this if you didn't use your items last year.

Yay!  I tried this and got 595k magic exp!  :)

But . . . Should this be happening?

1wau.png

Are you getting experience from them though?

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Eirs helmet was on the override list a couple days ago. Its slightly reminiscent of the neitiznot helm, but more graceful and sleek.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

~225k Divination bonus (Helm+Speak turn in)

~720k Woodcutting bonus (boots)

~712k Ranged bonus (Hati)

@99. Turn in Helm/Spear to Eir @ Relleka div spot.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

In regards to claiming last year's bonus xp, I have the Hati paws and Skoll boots retrieved from Diango and there is no option to gain the outstanding xp. I definately did not use all the exp last year...

In regards to claiming last year's bonus xp, I have the Hati paws and Skoll boots retrieved from Diango and there is no option to gain the outstanding xp. I definately did not use all the exp last year...

you need to redo the event this year

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Meaning I'll be given the option to claim 2013 and this year's xp?

Meaning I'll be given the option to claim 2013 and this year's xp?

No you should of claimed the 2013 xp before the event started

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png