Legacy Mode

@Dan3HitU

Your handwriting is almost as bad as mine. I approve.

Translation please?
Y: Effectiveness of Democracy

X: Average IQ

Oh I like that joke!

Ok, back on topic... the only legitimate reason I would personally have to accept legacy is due to the state of pking and the pvp clan community. I'm sorry even p2p pking back in the day was pretty rough and uncommon (due to OP weapons at the time), but it was still fun and clans existed there. My point being legacy might be necessary for pking and give clans the right environment to grow and flourish.

With that said I think legacy should be kept as a pvp only piece. I would love to see clans wandering the wilderness again. I miss the days of pking with my old clan the Gladiatorz. Those were the days...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

love it, I always said that the last thing I want RS to do is to try to become WOW, and that was what EOC did.  I play RS for the relaxed style of combat and although I can use EOC, I dont want all the extra clicking and watching action bars, I was my relaxed style of combat back.  hopefully they will rebalance it with EOC and they will be same EXP and kill rate

Isn't that what Conservation is going to be for? No need for this whole new-old combat system which is going to be a total waste of dev time.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why would they make staves 1h again? and wedge in 'shield staves'

Granted dw>2h but still 2h should exist and there is no need for staves to be made 1h again, if theres an issue with 1h deal with it being over-priced (virtus and seismic) not just break other puts of the system. Also shield staves? wtf. That makes no sense they are a 2h wep they aren't supposed to be usable with a shield. The only reason 'shield bows' exist is because it is physically impossible to have a 1h bow so they are acting as a pre-built 1h+shield whilst normal bows stand in for both 2h and dw.

1h staves would've made sense opposed to wands (for some tiers atleast) when it first launched (akin to crossbows setup) but putting them in now when we already have a solid system of wands in place seems derpy; especially when 1-70 in wands is pretty cheap. I could see a case for adding in elemental wand counterparts to the staves in terms of equality/balance, but 1h staves just seem needless at this stage

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would go back to playing the current version of RS if this happens.

Turn on momentum.

People need to stop throwing that response around like it's actually a solution.

Why? The only difference between momentum and Old combat is that abilities auto-activate. What exactly is it about EoC that you're opposed to?

I don't think he's opposed to EOC. I think he is saying in EOC momentum isn't exactly a solution because to him it still doesn't work the same as old combat, or that momentum is not what old combat supporters want. Then again I dunno if that's what he means. Ninja'd

As for the whole combat thing, honestly I don't care. I know Jagex is trying but I just stopped caring. I expect less of this game everyday so I when something decent comes out, I can be pleased with it.

Well aparently whatever I will say will be result in my head being bitten off and my nuts forcefully removed from my body for the sheer fact that if I wanted to press keys to activate my abilities to kill enemies I would play another game - turning on momentum was all good fun back when it worked and I liked that but what I truly can't stand is the new interface. Maybe I haven't REALLY looked at it fully. But I have always been used to the old fixed screen - and when they introduced the whole garlic bread interface I lost interest fully. 

And before you go ahead and bite my head off and remove my nuts, I have [bleep]ing tried the new interface.

Luck be a Lady

Yeah I think I get where they are going with one handed staves and that's fine. The shieldstaves are a wee bit overboard.

The overpricing of wands was due to ck

Oncentrated blast and what it took to get them. I mean you could easily get wands of treachery from crowds running the market on them due to the sheer xp gains from warbands. Also barrows is so easy that its no wonder ahrims wand would be so easily obtainable.

Nex is fairly easy these days, but she has such a varied drop table and teams request decent gear still in order for you to come along. Vorago... lol. Everyone knows what's up with him: hard to kill, hard to survive and very rare drops.

Frankly they could do one handed staves and make battlestaves two handed. They could also change some staves up to play out as staves and battlestaves to even out the tiers. Another good idea is make staves and then battlestaves as two handed weapons with a bit of crit added to them.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I hope we can EOC-pk the legacy noobs. Otherwise more disparity and i'm not even going to bother PVPing anymore.

There was finally an influx, seeing teams at revenants, chaos elemental & MB, penguins, warbands. Almost got a full armadyl PK yesterday too... RIP progress.

Choke on your nostalgia D:

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Legacy will not be better than EoC. EoC will not be better than Legacy.

Oh. GOOD LUCK with that. These morons can't even balance 3 simple attack styles working on a copy-paste system. What are the odds that they can balance 6? Yeah. 0. People will use whatever is best and this is a huge waste of development time. Giving people what they want is STUPID. No democratic government has ever survived doing that. You have to give people what they NEED.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Oh. GOOD LUCK with that. These morons can't even balance 3 simple attack styles working on a copy-paste system. What are the odds that they can balance 6? Yeah. 0. People will use whatever is best and this is a huge waste of development time. Giving people what they want is STUPID. No democratic government has ever survived doing that. You have to give people what they NEED.

Who decides what they need?

Sylpheed.png

Especially when every darn thing we have been told about legacy mode is basically a marginally upgraded to be even less eoc and even more pre-eoc function momentum.

Seriously just make more tweaks to momentum and let that be 'legacy mode' whilst the rest of us use revolution for the lazy semi-abilities semi-afk functions momentum served. Heck even make momentum enforced in pvp areas to try and rekindle that market and stop eoc-ers 'ruining' it for the nostalgia kids if it'll make the whiners happy for a while.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Especially when every darn thing we have been told about legacy mode is basically a marginally upgraded to be even less eoc and even more pre-eoc function momentum.

Seriously just make more tweaks to momentum and let that be 'legacy mode' whilst the rest of us use revolution for the lazy semi-abilities semi-afk functions momentum served. Heck even make momentum enforced in pvp areas to try and rekindle that market and stop eoc-ers 'ruining' it for the nostalgia kids if it'll make the whiners happy for a while.

Oh heck they could just remove the momentum mechanic, rename momentum+ as momentum and work on legacy as a replacement for momentum.

Frankly if you like EOC, but hate pounding keys all the time (like when slaying) then setting four or so basics for M+ should be a breeze.

I would totally go wrack, impact, sonic wave, chain on QBD. Then just switch between asphyxiate and wild magic.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

^ The one that fires off abilities for you is revolution

'momentum+' is just the dev name for the currently-beta tweaks they have made to momentum that allow you to use specials and ults and gain adr whilst on momentum.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

'momentum+' is just the dev name for the currently-beta tweaks they have made to momentum that allow you to use specials and ults and gain adr whilst on momentum.

Wait from what I read we will have three abilities: momentum, momentum plus and revolution.

So are we getting momentum plus to replace momentum? I know about revolution.

Either way I'm excited about a less intense medium for combat. I'm kind of worried ability queue might have an overseen fault that you can queue a threashold/ultimate before it hits its adrenaline level or cooldown. I have yet to test if the queue system works under these conditions.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Wait from what I read we will have three abilities: momentum, momentum plus and revolution.

Either way I'm excited about a less intense medium for combat. I'm kind of worried ability queue might have an overseen fault that you can queue a threashold/ultimate before it hits its adrenaline level or cooldown. I have yet to test if the queue system works under these conditions.

No there's only two:

Revolution

Momentum

Momentum Plus is just a dev name to differentiate momentum as it is live now from momentum as it is in the beta.

Kinda like how Rs2 and RsHD were never launched as the games actual title, they were just dev names that differentiated the 3d rs from the 2d rs and the big graphical improved rs from the prior one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No there's only two:

Revolution

Momentum

Momentum Plus is just a dev name to differentiate momentum as it is live now from momentum as it is in the beta.

Kinda like how Rs2 and RsHD were never launched as the games actual title, they were just dev names that differentiated the 3d rs from the 2d rs and the big graphical improved rs from the prior one.

Oh ok then I could live with that.

I could actually live with resetting my revolution every task or pvm outing.

Now thay i think about it ideally I think revolution would help free up a ton of action bar space. But that is as long as players have the competency to use revolution. Some pvm encounters might need thay higher intensity action bar play though (tanking nex, vorago, rots).

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Revolution still relies on the action bar.

It uses basic abilities from the first 9 slots of the ability bar in order 1-9, skipping any if they are not off cooldown yet.

So you still have to have your basics on there, you just have to make sure any you don't want revolution to use (eg freedom) are in 10-12

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Someone on Reddit kindly summarised a Q&A from last night which mainly focusses on legacy mode:

[hide]VJeqL8A.png[/hide]

my favorite parts are where they're gonna adjust hp to make pures even harder to kill

and for people killing eoc bosses with legacy getting better drops.... you only need 1 voker for kk. whats gonna stop everyone els from using legacy just for getting better drops.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hey guys, remember when they always said that pures not having access to defense was a consequence of pures not training defense? Those were the days, amirite?

It's like they're trying to undo everything EoC was supposed to fix :wall:

The only thing they are trying to fix is their cash-flow.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

More Legacy Mode FAQs:

Hi everyone,

I want to clarify our intentions for Legacy Mode and clear up misconceptions about how it might impact the wider game. 

We had not meant to worry those who like EoC – our mantra is to make Legacy Mode as close to the old combat experience as possible, as long as it doesn’t impact EoC. 

Think of Legacy Mode as a way to hide EoC and simulate the old combat’s gameplay, look and feel. Because Legacy Mode would be built upon the same codebase and game worlds, it’ll have the current gear, items and monsters. While work would be needed to make sure both systems are balanced, there won’t need be another set of items for Legacy, nor double the development workload, nor redesign content for it. 

Separate from Legacy Mode, we plan to make player-suggested general improvements to combat such as adding back Special Attacks, XP for PvP and a better combat level calculation. These are cases where the original EoC changed more than it needed to, especially for PvP. In correcting these things it improves EoC whilst having the side-effect of making combat feel more familiar for those who liked the old system.

Here's a breakdown of Legacy Mode which represents our current thinking – a start point for discussion and initial development. This is a provisional list and is subject to feedback from you!

Legacy Mode will have: 

- No abilities

- Special Attacks

- Auto attack & special attack damage close to that of EoC

- No action bar

- Old-style Minimap with health, prayer, summoning buttons.

- Old-style menu ribbon and side panels

- Chat interfaces in old layout

- Type-to-chat

- Old-style hit splats

- Special attack bar

- Some Legacy-only game worlds

Legacy Mode might have:

- Special attack bar starts full

- Legacy Mode only wilderness areas

- Scaled down damage and health numbers *

* 'relative' damage dealing stays the same

Legacy Mode won’t have:

- Changes to ‘EoC bosses’ like Kalphite King, Vorago or ROTS.

- Its own separate set of equipment and monster stats.

- Changes to how XP is gained.

- Dual wielding removed.

Global changes being considered:

- Combat Level Calculation (will probably be polled)

- XP for PvP

- Weapon poison buff

- Slightly increased weighting of strength in damage calculations*

- Slightly increased weighting of constitution in health calculations*

* this doesn’t mean more damage or health overall, but that your character’s stats have more influence in how the total is reached.

I hope this gives a better idea of our intentions for Legacy Mode. Please remember that this first poll is asking “do you want us to work on this?” because there is still a lot to work out and get tested, before we ask whether it’s ready to launch.

Thanks

Mod Pips

[qfc]352-353-0-65284774[/qfc]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Has anyone given thought to the superiority of using legacy in PvP? One of the biggest things that changed PvP in EoC was that you could no longer immediately jump from being out of combat and practically insta-killing someone. With Legacy coming back if I'm in EoC I have a very hard time believing it would be a fair fight for me using abilities to keep up with someone speccing me with a high tier weapon...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

- XP for PvP

- Slightly increased weighting of strength in damage calculations*

- Slightly increased weighting of constitution in health calculations*

Should have happened regardless of legacy.
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.