Jagex Stance On Multilogging - Changed

Pinata

My gut says to ignore all of this because it was mod balance who said it

This kid should go back to moderating runezone because he has no idea what he is doing.

I'd wait for a legit jmod confirmation before doing anything stupid.

You flame her, then say she's correct? Nice one.

People been multi logging since classic. Never heard of a ban for it. It's convenient and I am glad they don't care. If they banned people for multi logging, cya top 30.

As I post this I'm on my other tif acc on Google chrome.

No mod balance was the runezone guy L

As far as I'm aware there's nothing in the rule book about doing this:

I log in (main account) give my money/items to a friend.

I then log in (to my new account) and receive (my) free items from my friend.

I was always under the impression that having your 2 accounts interact with each other on the same world was against the rules, but doing it the way above (trading items) was/is perfectly fine.

I was always under the impression that having your 2 accounts interact with each other on the same world was against the rules, but doing it the way above (trading items) was/is perfectly fine.

You could use a million middlemen and it'd be illegal

• Like 1

You flame her, then say she's correct?

No, I'm saying he is so incompetent I wouldn't trust anything he says. He does not count as a 'legit' jmod in my eyes.

Btw, pretty sure it's a 'he'.

No, I'm saying he is so incompetent I wouldn't trust anything he says. He does not count as a 'legit' jmod in my eyes.

Pretty sure it was a miscommunication. Artemis seemed to think you were directing "This kid should go back to moderating runezone because he has no idea what he is doing." at Hedgehog

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

You could use a million middlemen and it'd be illegal

Aye. One of the main reasons for the rule against multilogging was to prevent the trading of wealth between accounts; adding middlemen doesn't make it any more permissible.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

This kid should go back to moderating runezone because he has no idea what he is doing.

I'd wait for a legit jmod confirmation before doing anything stupid.

Mod Balance was representing the player support team here:

"My post was posted with the approval of the Player Support team."

"My comments were a post on behalf of the Player Support team, I didn't make up the changes. I just took the player questions to them, and posted their response.

The statements posted are there to "fill the gap" between now and when the rules are next updated."

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with multilogging, as long as you don't train on multiple accounts at the same time. GE spots are limited, especially in F2P. If you really have to buy/sell items and you don't have space, I don't mind people using an alternative account for it. If you can't find a Shield of Arrav partner, go ahead. As long as you don't abuse it to get a big advantage.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

GE spots are limited, especially in F2P.

Shouldn't you get P2P, then? If you made 2 more F2P accounts to get six GE slots, you're effectively cheating Jagex out of membership fees.

Also bypassing the 4 hour GE limit is a pretty big advantage, especially with big flips.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Pretty sure it was a miscommunication. Artemis seemed to think you were directing "This kid should go back to moderating runezone because he has no idea what he is doing." at Hedgehog

Why does everyone think Hedgehog/Meredith is a woman? :P.
  • Like 1

09144a99bb.png

Shouldn't you get P2P, then? If you made 2 more F2P accounts to get six GE slots, you're effectively cheating Jagex out of membership fees.

Well, if I'd ask friends to buy/sell things for me, would that also be cheating Jagex out of membership fees? The result is the same, but the method is different. 2 GE spots are enough for me 99% of the time and for the other 1% I ask friends. If multilogging is somewhat "allowed" for certain things, I'd rather use another of my own accounts for buying/selling. It's less risky and I don't have to bother others with it.

I don't see the problem with multilogging, as long as you don't train on multiple accounts at the same time. GE spots are limited, especially in F2P. If you really have to buy/sell items and you don't have space, I don't mind people using an alternative account for it. If you can't find a Shield of Arrav partner, go ahead. As long as you don't abuse it to get a big advantage.

There's your problem.

Define (objectively): Big advantage

• Like 1

Well, if I'd ask friends to buy/sell things for me, would that also be cheating Jagex out of membership fees? The result is the same, but the method is different. 2 GE spots are enough for me 99% of the time and for the other 1% I ask friends. If multilogging is somewhat "allowed" for certain things, I'd rather use another of my own accounts for buying/selling. It's less risky and I don't have to bother others with it.

Even with this changed perspective they have specified it must NOT be used to gain an unfair advantage.

Using extra accounts to have extra ge slots IS an unfair advantage, as you are bypassing a purpose built limitation.

As soon as you use money from the main to buy items for the main on the 'mule' account you are giving yourself an unfair advantage and not playing 'within the spirit of the game'

Getting a friend to do it is a different matter because they are using their slots to help you out and not bypassing any limitations - they are simply using their allowance to assist you. But with your own secondary account you are intentionally and purposefully bypassing a limitation to gain an advantage (buying/selling more things in a shorter time).

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's your problem.

Define (objectively): Big advantage

Better yet, remove "big" from that, and just stick with "advantage". They might not always punish for the minor stuff, but that doesn't make it right.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mod Balance had rephrased what Player Support said to him and we actually wound up with something a bit more stringent than what he posted, whenever they get around to the eventual rules change.

Regardless, it's silly to try and contradict the official rules via forum post, even via Jmod forum post. You can make internal policy to not enforce some stuff (and they do that already, I'm sure), but it's not a great idea to communicate that to the playerbase at large - either the rule is a good one and you want folks to follow it even if you don't always have the resources to enforce it (in which case telling everyone you don't enforce it makes less people follow it, creating an issue), or the rule should be modified or scrapped. Anything in-between causes confusion.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

It changes with time, too. I remember the days when literally running to the kitchen to make a cup of tea meant you were AFKing and people would report you for it. That doesn't necessary mean Jagex took action, of course, but things used to be much more draconian than they are now.

Even with this changed perspective they have specified it must NOT be used to gain an unfair advantage.

Using extra accounts to have extra ge slots IS an unfair advantage, as you are bypassing a purpose built limitation.

As soon as you use money from the main to buy items for the main on the 'mule' account you are giving yourself an unfair advantage and not playing 'within the spirit of the game'

Getting a friend to do it is a different matter because they are using their slots to help you out and not bypassing any limitations - they are simply using their allowance to assist you. But with your own secondary account you are intentionally and purposefully bypassing a limitation to gain an advantage (buying/selling more things in a shorter time).

I think paying money to get an advantage is unfair as well, but I guess that's not a popular opinion with so many players using Bonds, TH and P2P. That's why I stopped caring about what other people do on RuneScape. The difference between multilogging and RWT is that everyone can multilog, but not everyone has the money to RWT. Therefor I don't think multilogging is such a big deal these days.

Whether or not you CAN do it does not have a bearing on if you SHOULD do it or if the rules ALLOW it, equally nor does whether you think it is a big deal or not.

As the rule is written it outright bans multi-logging.

The jmod stance on it allows it, so long as you do not use it to gain an unfair advantage.

What you are proposing using it for unequivocally falls under the definition of an unfair advantage as you would knowingly and purposefully be subverting a purposefully imposed limitation with the sole intent of gaining an advantage over other f2p players by being able to perform more concurrent trades and therefore would be breaking the rule under both definitions they have given.

Also it is utter nonsense to imply p2p is RWT or an 'unfair advantage' it is a paid membership expressly for the purpose of gaining more features and allowing the company to exist. There is nothing fairer than getting content for a paid subscription as a return for supporting a business and allowing it to employ staff and continue to develop the game, in this day and age you should be thankful Runescape even goes against the norm and allows such an extensive demo in the form of f2p. Bonds and TH are a different issue entirely and not for this thread to debate.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I never said anyone should do it nor that it's allowed. I don't even do it myself, but I would if it was allowed. Theoretically you're right, multilogging to gain any advantage is currently not allowed. I just don't care if anyone does it, seeing as there are many worse offences :P

What would your stance be if someone would 'break' the multi-logging rule if it was to have like a Main account and a DiY account? No interaction whatsoever. 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What would your stance be if someone would 'break' the multi-logging rule if it was to have like a Main account and a DiY account? No interaction whatsoever.

There's not a rule against multiple accounts, just a rule against having multiple accounts logged into the same game at the same time. Even if there's no interaction, having two accounts both logged into RS3 or OSRS is against the rules. Unless there's a compelling reason for an exception, which I don't see, I'm not okay with that, even if it is a comparatively minor infraction.

I'm still not very comfortable with the idea that being logged into OSRS and RS3 is acceptable, even.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Ah so jmods aren't telling us they rule is being changed just that they aren't bothering to enforce it unless you abuse it.

Always good to know the finite rules you sign up to are less red lines of do not cross and more guidance of well we say its wrong, but as long as your nice we won;t worry about it.

Feels to me like they need to do a serious rule re-write so we can have a finite set of these are rules where the expanded descriptions detail this is the red line cross it and we will hadouken you into oblivion, but also these things are deemed tolerable, even though they might seem in breach of the short form of the rule.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Ah so jmods aren't telling us they rule is being changed just that they aren't bothering to enforce it unless you abuse it.

As I thought. 

Gambling against the rules, don't know anyone getting banned for it :shrug:

I've definitely seen folks getting banned for running gambling; not so much for just participating. But I do suspect it's not being consistently enforced.

Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

dldbcw.png

Fool me once, Mod Balance, shame on me; 

Fool me twice...

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it