Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

• Please log in to reply
11433 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
New BTS video:

Well, no kidding about the FoG rewards, but are they hoping to improve them by taking existing rewards out? I hope there is some new stuff that's actually useful. And if they take out healing abilities and items (bandages), no one is going to survive in FoG very long without running like hell...right?
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
They want fog to be more like hunger games.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

I kinda see where this is going just by making assumptions, but I don't watch TV or movies so this almost went over my head >.>

I'm curious about these faction battles, I didn't hear anything about rewards... It's 1am I could have missed it but the community is driven by rewards, could this be dead content already?

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

I kinda see where this is going just by making assumptions, but I don't watch TV or movies so this almost went over my head >.>

I'm curious about these faction battles, I didn't hear anything about rewards... It's 1am I could have missed it but the community is driven by rewards, could this be dead content already?

They're J Mod initiated events and not regular content. Whenever a J Mod pops into game they tend to get people congregating near them anyway so I doubt it'll be dead. Just some acitivity for J Mods to put on when they feel like it

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

They're J Mod initiated events and not regular content. Whenever a J Mod pops into game they tend to get people congregating near them anyway so I doubt it'll be dead. Just some acitivity for J Mods to put on when they feel like it

Sounds like dead content to me already, idt in my 6 or 7 years of playing I've ever even seen a jmod in game

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

Sounds like dead content to me already, idt in my 6 or 7 years of playing I've ever even seen a jmod in game

You have to make the effort to track them down (there's a little 'i' icon that appears on the in-game clock when a Jmod event is soon; hover over it for more info) and fight through the tsunami of lag when you get to the spot, but they definitely are there, and it's more common now than back in the day.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

^ That would be largely because jmods aren't in-game all the time but they do post a fairly comprehensive scheduled of when and where they will be doing stuff.

You have to actively make an effort to go to the right world and place at the right time to participate, your aren't going to stumble into them doing your day to day scaping.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw
I always wondered if these events were worth it. I don't like them, and I am sure that because the amount of players we have, that even if you like them they will be overcrowded, thus lots of lag and gone is the fun. Or am I wrong?

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

I always wondered if these events were worth it. I don't like them, and I am sure that because the amount of players we have, that even if you like them they will be overcrowded, thus lots of lag and gone is the fun. Or am I wrong?

Sometimes. I've seen J Mods in game with a moderate crowd on a server where it can handle them (like Mod Lee's boss masses) and then other times you get things like when The Drop was released and so many players in one place kills the server.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I feel like jmod events on the whole would run a lot smoother if they were more frequent - people wouldn't feel compelled to go charging off to them because they are happening if it was more of a regular thing.

Plus so many of the ones they dev as jmod tools seem like a waste, stuff like faction wars and the drop would make good long term content that could also be used as a jmod tool.

Like, for example, couldn't faction wars be used as a way to vamp up cwars a bit (if it wasnt made a game in its own right)?

Make sure the river makes each half of the map an exact mirror of the other then dev slightly unique battleground map halves for each faction with a castle and the npcs and what not.

Then make each round randomly match up a pair of gods to add more variety to the game as the battlefield changes and even strap on some little perks/cons/unlockable powers for each god. Like I dunno maybe Zaros can get shadow realm walk that lets you warp through certain things (1 or 2 barricades, fallen rocks, closed doors), maybe armadyl can use some wing ability to cross the river anywhere.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Is ... is this a treasure hunter promotion that can actually be completed without using a single key?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

Is ... is this a treasure hunter promotion that can actually be completed without using a single key?

They've seemed to be trying to alleviate that a lot lately. The beach allowed you to skill there for the items, or buy tokens off others who skilled there. Astromancer outfit had tradeable tokens earned through stabbing tuska, etc. It seems like they've been trying to make a lot of their cosmetic promos more attainable.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts

Kill Araxxi...buy a few keys. Hmmm :P.

I don't expect the majority of players will take on all those challenges so easily, but I guess it can be done, as long as there are no limits on how much you can do per day.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Kill Araxxi...buy a few keys. Hmmm :P.

I don't expect the majority of players will take on all those challenges so easily, but I guess it can be done, as long as there are no limits on how much you can do per day.

Tbf they said kill araaxi, kk or nex which implies there is a choice to it and nex especially is doable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

masses are allowed, so everybody can just go to nex

8f14270694.jpg

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
Also you get two stamps for free by talking to the ninja master, so you can skip that one if you need to.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

What chest are they talking about in the Pit ?

I just did it and there is no chest to be seen ...

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
you need the talent scout to notice you (can't use the agility cape option to enter), then win a game.

6Ij0n.jpg

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Done both ... still cant find any friggin chest ...

I actually did it a couple of times, after you're done with a challenge it teleports you in a room with the werewolf and the goblin and there is no chest in there ...

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
If you're talking to the talent scout and he's letting you in because of your 99 agility, there won't be a crate in the room after you complete the challenge. You have to do laps, wait for him to notice you, and then talk to him to enter the pit.

6Ij0n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users