Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Update Discussions

11436 replies to this topic

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:All My Love
  • Clan:Age of Ancients

That scrimshaw of aggression looks baller, especially at abyss. Ultimate AFK

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed

Or do the corruption one, for aggression and extra combat xp at the cost of drops, not like one picks them up anyways (at abyss at least)

Posted Image

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

Or do the corruption one, for aggression and extra combat xp at the cost of drops, not like one picks them up anyways (at abyss at least)

That's true. As soon as these release I'm going to abuse them before they nerf it lol

max.png 50.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Surprise surprise, guess where the scrimshaws showed up!

http://services.rune...orrupted-chests

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Surprise surprise, guess where the scrimshaws showed up!

http://services.rune...orrupted-chests

Such a horrible tease...

Here I will alleviate some of the pain with the next ninja teaser:

CQKYIdZWwAUZWWy.png

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle

Lego was disappointed that he wasn't going to have start doing more ports scrolls, but now he is fine because that is a kalgerion demon getting rekt'd by a dark light and that makes him very happy. 

~~~legoamn187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

No surprise they ended up on TH. They're fairly OP. I wonder if they'll be tradeable, can anyone confirm that? If so, the price of buying a bond with IRL money to sell for GP could potentially be less than spending $50 on spins and selling the scrimshaws for GP.

max.png 50.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts

No surprise they ended up on TH. They're fairly OP. I wonder if they'll be tradeable, can anyone confirm that? If so, the price of buying a bond with IRL money to sell for GP could potentially be less than spending $50 on spins and selling the scrimshaws for GP.

It doesn't look like they're on the Grand Exchange...not sure if they're player-to-player tradeable though. Might take me a bit to fill up the far enough to reach it and test <_<.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

The scrimshaws last an hour. Damn. Imagine if you could rack up a few of them. Abyss could be non-stop for hours. Now imagine you had BXP in combat skills. The XP would be great than 600k/h. Far greater.

max.png 50.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

Welp I used my 7 stored keys and barely put a dent in getting to the first check point for that scrim. Damn.

max.png 50.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts

Welp I used my 7 stored keys and barely put a dent in getting to the first check point for that scrim. Damn.

For anyone else, it may be a good idea to hold off on using keys - whilst skilling (and training combat, though I haven't done any of that) you seem to find 'souls' quite often and these are helping in filling up the bars without actually expending keys.

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

DownToFletch
[ Display Name History ]

DownToFletch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts

Oh well. I actually got some pretty decent stuff for 7 spins lol. Smithing mask add on, couple lamps and stars, fire warrior chestplate :P

max.png 50.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Loving a lot of the snippets coming from Runefest so far.

Think my top pick so far was Strength playing a bigger role in damage output including that it Magic and Ranged will now also be influenced by Strength not just melee.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts

Think my top pick so far was Strength playing a bigger role in damage output including that it Magic and Ranged will now also be influenced by Strength not just melee.

So if magic and ranged are influenced by the Strength stat, it would seem only fair that we can gain strength experience through Ranged and Magic combat in addition to gathering it from melee...or do they not see that logic?

---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

They didn't really go into details but one would assume so.

They alluded to the often popular suggestion and that suggestion has always been that Attack, Ranged and Magic are your class specific accuracy skills as you learn to use that weapon type. Whilst Strength moves to join Defence (and prayer summ etc) as a universal combat skill. Which would of course mean all combat styles need to be able to train it.

I'd hope that will mean 6 xp options for each class

Accuracy Skill

Strength

Defence

Accuracy & Strength

Accuracy & Defence

Balanced

But based on how melee is atm we may just see accuracy, str, defence, balanced

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

That would be stupid.

So I would go from being capable of dealing max range and magic damage to dealing below tier 90 damage in one update:

iVNNYVf.png

Oh, I forgot: 99% of current long term players are otherwise maxed (combat and non-combat, i.e., they can wear max cape) or were "melee prods" from prior to EoC.

ozXHe7P.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I'm curious do you actually think it is a bad idea in terms of the balance of combat classes as a whole - ie around issues of it being unfair meleers have to train twice as much for the same results as mage and ranged get etc. or does your view it is bad centre entirely on the fact it would be detrimental to you personally with your current stats?

After all this kind of change is inevitably going to negatively impact some players, but then with forewarning people have time to prepare and the end result does have boons for combat in the short term and oepns up options going forward.

Personally I'm of the view when an update is good for the game as a whole it's a good idea, even if it does have negative results to my personal position in the game. After all if we never made updates with a negative impact in some way we would never move on. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Can anyone who watched the first 3 themes summarize what was said (I saw the msg ingame only when they started chronicle =/)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

They haven't really been reveal heavy so far.

Combat was like half taken up by 'pvm so far'

Talk of a few little things like the str change they are looking at.

Talk of a new solo boss for 2016 - literally no details beyond this.

Some super secret thing to be revealed in the 2016 session.

Talk of where Raids will go next - concepts for a Airut shaman plus concepts for air and fire elemental titans (like yaka is water)

Showed off Goebie volleyball - been in-game since raids launched but not found yet. From clip they showed seems to relate to hitting gongs after durzag dies.

Invention was really a lot of what we already knew littered with some concept art.

Ability to add perks/augments to weps, armour n tools that are t70+

Ability to make machines that do stuff.

Resources from disassembling.

Perked stuff levels up with you.

Aim to make more diversity (ie this sword has perks for dragons, this mace has perks for wyverns etc)

Jan 2016 launch for 1-99

Guild that you build and are master of & 100-120 comine later in 2016

Some stuff on the different xp curve for elites - 200m would be equiv of lvl 150. Level 70(ish) will be half way xp wise instead of 92.

NXT was just ooo look shiny, technical chatter. Still no info on when to expect it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Tnx, so I didnt really miss a lot.

I saw some video on YT about NXT (pretty much the avatar with rune items running around, some city shots from bird-eye view) and I gotta ask ... why are the trees and the grass still so horrible :D.

I gotta say I am a bit jealous of rs07-folks .. their updates looks so fkin epic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users