Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

The update is planned for thursday. If it was just bonfires, I think it shouldn't take that long. One can hope.

Thursday? When I looked at the thread on RSOF it said Wednesday. Either way, it was a Bank Holiday here in the UK yesterday so that's probably why it's later in the week.

And now it's thursday.

crossed_body.png

modemilee.png

[qfc]16-17-559-63722188[/qfc]

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Leaks

Apparently there were leaks of new "action icons". Most likely pertaining to the upcoming "big combat rework".

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It looks very cool, indeed. The combat revamp will be a pretty big update, so they're probably going to wait until the end of June/beginning of July. That way they can take advantage of people being out of school for the summer.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah those leaks were out since Easter. They were posted I a YouTube vid promoting the Easter event and I guess it was their play on the term "Easter egg."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hmm..any ideas whether it would be best to finish my little F2P range training goal before or after this update? (If the XP-boosting continues, it would seem after, but if the combat triangle is actually fixed, I might need more food/have lower efficiency.)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Leaks

Apparently there were leaks of new "action icons". Most likely pertaining to the upcoming "big combat rework".

From the looks of those icons, my guess is that we'll be able to pick perks/special attacks to customize our abilities/effects in combat. Can't wait to see it. I might play a bit more if PvP combat becomes more fun to engage in.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Major skilling and combat updates in the same year? They're really working hard to make up for last year's Botscape.

The combat rework scares me. Runescape's combat has always been rather stale, but I kind of liked it that way. I play Runescape for the mind-numbing effects, not the gameplay. The mere idea of an action bar in-game displeases me.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Just wait until every player is asking what armor/style/whatever else to use in every situation...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I am actually excited to see runescape introduce a WoW type button mashing skill to the game. I agree I enjoy the simplicity of the games combat, but like you said it is stale and with that it burdens improvement to the game. Te only thing I hope for is that jagex might introduce the ability to incorporate macros (strings of actions done is a specific sequence). I would love to see a macro that would perform switch from chaotic rapier to claws, claw special, claw special, switch to chaotic rapier. Another good one might be heal-other, drink brew.

Anyways I think that change is good because it keeps things interesting, people on their toes and playing the game longer. It's kind of like the analogy of evolution and Alice from Alice in Wonderland wen she was running from the Red Queen, but she was only able I run in place. My point is that it's better to be met with constant change than to sit around mastering everything to the point you begin getting lazy with it. I would rather have this come down on us than spend my time mindnumbingly wacking away at things or being one of those game tick counting efficienados. I'm sure jagex appreciates player effort for finding the most efficient ways of doing things, but I'm willing to bet those tick counting tactics are more meta-game knowledge that realistic game play.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just wait until every player is asking what armor/style/whatever else to use in every situation...

If it's the end of players using cookie cutter high level builds, I'll forgive Jagex for the SoF response :mrgreen:

Hopefully with this whole stat shifting mash-up the cookie cutter builds will break.

Eg I'd like to see say Torva have major crush def but poor elsewhere whilst say Dragon had the stab def so there'd be much more armour choices to be good at diff bosses even with a combat class.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think I just realized what the health bonuses are going to be like when I saw how the players were leaning over the fire and warming their hands. They are probably going to be similar to how resting works, but with lp. Maybe the log type will offer increasingly better lp restoration over time?

I was thinking more along the lines of if you cook food on a bonfire they get the same ability that rocktail has of boosting your lp past it's max with higher quality fires giving better boosts.

Close, good call.