Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Superbowl for tears of guthix at the end of latest BTS?

Maybe make it worthwile xp source again? :razz: I personally haven't bothered to go ToG ever since I got 80 in all skills..

u5zhkTY.gif

Yea 2 of them, Jagex mentioned them in the last live Q&A on youtube. One of them is a resource gathering skill and I can't remember the other.

The other is a production skill, but they wont necessarily be connected.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yea 2 of them, Jagex mentioned them in the last live Q&A on youtube. One of them is a resource gathering skill and I can't remember the other.

It would make sense for them to be, though. Hopefully some at least one of them will be available to non members. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It would make sense for them to be, though. Hopefully some at least one of them will be available to non members. :)

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense. But that's what they said on the stream. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

F2p being given access to two consecutive new skills?

Your dreams are far fetched.

Tbh I'd say the standard don't get disappointed assumption to make is: No new skill ever will be f2p.

I mean since members was invented back in 02 only 2 new skills have actually been given f2p access, whilst 9 have been members.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

F2p being given access to two consecutive new skills?

Your dreams are far fetched.

What's life without hope?

I realize it's unlikely, bordering on the impossible, but a pixelated avatar can dream. :P

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I hope not, no way f2p'ers should have access to that. Better not.

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

I hope not, no way f2p'ers should have access to that. Better not.

That was a jibe about dungeoneering. when it first released, members of high combat level could move to F2P servers and get much faster xp because floors couldn't have as many puzzles and the monsters couldn't get as high. Then Jagex "fixed" this by nerfing dg xp the higher your combat level got. I think it's not true anymore due to the release of the higher level warped floors..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

In terms of the new skills, an RSOF thread mentioned that they would be linked to the upcoming lore shifts in 2013.

Since it appears that they want to work on some gods-related lines next year (Return of the Gods?) I'm going to guess that the new skills will invoke elements of deity worship, involving some form of tangible spiritual resource that you harvest and refine. Or something along those lines.

It'd differ from Prayer, which reflects your authority over complex chants/curses, or Summoning, which involves reincarnating dead animal spirits.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

In terms of the new skills, an RSOF thread mentioned that they would be linked to the upcoming lore shifts in 2013.

Since it appears that they want to work on some gods-related lines next year (Return of the Gods?) I'm going to guess that the new skills will invoke elements of deity worship, involving some form of tangible spiritual resource that you harvest and refine. Or something along those lines.

It'd differ from Prayer, which reflects your authority over complex chants/curses, or Summoning, which involves reincarnating dead animal spirits.

Summoning isn't necromancy; its summoning living beings from another world to do our bidding.

But yeah next year is deffo has a god-focus in the QA things they kind of implied an update when doing any training we can sort of dedicate it to a god and that this will alter the world around us. So presumably if we say picked Bandos and mined near varrock certain places like the church would progress from Saradomin to Bandos along with a few cosmetics elsewhere like some decor/npcs changing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The convo with the Steel Titan implies that all the animal spirits summoned from the spirit plane are the spirits of dead creatures.

Steel titan: Let us go forth to battle, my lady/lord!

Player: Why do you like fighting so much? It's not very nice to kill things.

Steel titan: It is the most honourable thing in life.

Player: But I summoned you, I'm not sure I can even say that you're alive...

Steel titan: Alas, you have discovered the woe of all summoned creatures' existence.

Player: Really? I was right?

Steel titan: Oh, woe...woe!

Summoning isn't necromancy per se, but in a sense it's the summoning of their reincarnated animal spirits.

EDIT: Additionally, the ancient curse Deflect Summoning reads "Arceto impetum bestarium recreatorum", which translates into the reflection of the attacks of revived beasts (RSWiki).

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg posted a pic in the EoC topic.

Correction: a couple of pics have now been posted there. Looks pretty cool.

Ok I'll have to play around with it when I get home, definitely interested to see if/how this works in dungeoneering too.. Betting it just doesn't work. :c Once again a place where jagex's code re-use is low.

Serena_Sedai.png

Juna looks absolutely amazing.

And I'm not even into snakes!

• Like 1

Whole area looks super awesome. I hope they do voice acting and such for Juna that would be nice. I love how much more detailed they are able to do graphics now.

Serena_Sedai.png