Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

In terms of the new skills, an RSOF thread mentioned that they would be linked to the upcoming lore shifts in 2013.

Since it appears that they want to work on some gods-related lines next year (Return of the Gods?) I'm going to guess that the new skills will invoke elements of deity worship, involving some form of tangible spiritual resource that you harvest and refine. Or something along those lines.

It'd differ from Prayer, which reflects your authority over complex chants/curses, or Summoning, which involves reincarnating dead animal spirits.

I'm thinking of a new power granted to us by the gods. I'm thinking of something like Clairvoyance, or talking to the dead. Now that I'm thinking about it, with this major overhaul of the combat system, could they also be developing a skill that finally allows us to heal a group or heal ourselves without having to eat? Bit of a far shot, but hey, it could be anything!

22031_s.gif

In terms of the new skills, an RSOF thread mentioned that they would be linked to the upcoming lore shifts in 2013.

Since it appears that they want to work on some gods-related lines next year (Return of the Gods?) I'm going to guess that the new skills will invoke elements of deity worship, involving some form of tangible spiritual resource that you harvest and refine. Or something along those lines.

It'd differ from Prayer, which reflects your authority over complex chants/curses, or Summoning, which involves reincarnating dead animal spirits.

I'm thinking of a new power granted to us by the gods. I'm thinking of something like Clairvoyance, or talking to the dead. Now that I'm thinking about it, with this major overhaul of the combat system, could they also be developing a skill that finally allows us to heal a group or heal ourselves without having to eat? Bit of a far shot, but hey, it could be anything!

Don't forget that these skills consist of a gathering and finishing skill. They may not be directly related but I would expect the gathering skill at least to include some kind of new tangible good as opposed to clairvoyance.

If Jagex were going to introduce a form of self healing into the game I would expect it to be an offshoot of Magic. Not to mention some of the new abilities heal you too.

Although it'll probably never happen I would love to see some kind of transformation skill akin to the avatars we become with some of the magic abilities.

Crafting your own artifacts that let you transform into humanoid creatures with their own unique abilities would be pretty amazing in my opinion.

Sylpheed.png

If they want a spirituality focused skill the gathering skill could quite easily be Archeology imo, that idea has been around for ages.

Also they only skill I can think of (not to say Jagex won't throw us a curve ball) for the finishing skill would be the long suggested engineering.

These would both work with lore shifts as archeology ties much more to the gods and in newer updates we have been seeing much more structures that an engineer might create plus it'd fight in with expanding dwarven and gnome lore.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Let's bet now on whether they forget to update the animation for descending into the chasm :P

Also a teleport directly to the Tears area? That'd help when going to TDs.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Let's bet now on whether they forget to update the animation for descending into the chasm :P

Wouldn't be surprised if the teleport can only be used once a day/week.

Sylpheed.png

Wouldn't be surprised if the teleport can only be used once a day/week.

I doubt it'd have that limitation seeing as it's going on the games necklace and probably part of the unmentioned reasoning for it's addition is to help TDs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I doubt it'd have that limitation seeing as it's going on the games necklace and probably part of the unmentioned reasoning for it's addition is to help TDs

Plus, there's nothing really game breaking about being able to freely teleport to an area that doesn't take long to run to.

If they want a spirituality focused skill the gathering skill could quite easily be Archeology imo, that idea has been around for ages.

Also they only skill I can think of (not to say Jagex won't throw us a curve ball) for the finishing skill would be the long suggested engineering.

These would both work with lore shifts as archeology ties much more to the gods and in newer updates we have been seeing much more structures that an engineer might create plus it'd fight in with expanding dwarven and gnome lore.

I was thinking Archaeology or maybe Astronomy, or even both. For all we know, aliens, who visited and controlled Gielinor, used the pyramids as landing pads for their ships.[/stargatefantasy]

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I was thinking Archaeology or maybe Astronomy, or even both. For all we know, aliens, who visited and controlled Gielinor, used the pyramids as landing pads for their ships.[/stargatefantasy]

Where's that History Channel "Aliens" guy when you need him?

I can't be the only one who would want a music skill. Bards are cool when they don't suck.

• Like 1

I can't be the only one who would want a music skill. Bards are cool when they don't suck.

That would be kind of cool. Creating musical instruments (which could be cross skilled with Crafting and Fletching for instrument strings), playing to replenish your run energy whenever you want, and learning more complicated songs to boost your skills or the skills of those around you.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I like the idea of bard skills in the game, but stand alone music skill doesn't appeal to me. It just seems (in all the suggestions I've seen) too audio based and lacking depth or bordering on outright wrong for rs with guitar hero like 'games' to make it bigger.

I think it'd work nicely as sort part of a sort of druidic/psychic/devotion type skill thats all about the spirit/soul of a person and healing/boosting it through things like little rituals and special songs and such and maybe even allowing some psychic-type abilities, plus it'd build out nicely into many other skills. Crafting for making instruments etc, herblore and cooking for making various products/ritual items, could even go into like hunter and all sorts via mind-control/shapeshifting things.

Basically a very broad ranging support skill of sorts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

We do have the alien from the shooting stars...maybe stretch that out.

howlin1eeveesig.png

That would be purely awesome, but that may be me being biased, seeing as I am a huge stargate fan (movies and tv series)

Imagine Zaros in the role of Ra from the movie :) but without the ending where we nuke the hell out of him in orbit.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Someone nicely transcribed the interesting points in the Lorestream.

[qfc]16-17-544-64072403[/qfc]

I did actually watch some of this last night. From how they were talking about 2013 being about the gods and changing of the year from 169 to 170 is going to be huge Im pretty sure the new skills are going to somehow be related to the gods in a very specific way.

Sylpheed.png

If you see jagex's tread with skills they are trying to make skills more than just about a physical interaction to gather or create something. While they did mention that one would most likely be a gathering skill and the other a production skill it makes me wonder...

What if jagex secretly gave us a hint at a concept of the skill through how they brought us the halloween event. What I'm saying is what if one skill, lets say the gatherer skill, is actually something that supposed to be trained somewhat passively like summoning was to slayer. Maybe we could see a skill that is passively trained by selling, giving, or doing something that benefits one faction. I remember playing WoW and there being factions and you'd get experience towards faction ranks and better gear stores. I could foresee jagex doing something like this. I could also imagine their world events being the places where you would fight for your factions dominance. I could see their world events being something like weekly D7D's where one faction might be raiding crandor for resources. You might get 500 xp for killing someone of the opposite faction.

I feel like I just went on a wild tangent...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to the BTS video,

I wonder what exactly is this "forbidden knowledge" that Ariane tried to use that got her kicked out of the tower. Think it's in any way related to the RC Guild woman's search for the Eye of Saradomin/Stone of Jas?

hzvjpwS.gif

Was there a video already for the the Ariane quests? I mean I know EOC is the next update, but its so damn forthcoming with information that any slight towards a spoiler would be laughable for this piece of content.

Edit: Oh I see there was a new video posted! Yes, very interested indeed! I wouldn't mind pledging my allegiance to one of the four gods. Maybe zamorak? I'm such a fan of zaros and bandos though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

In regards to the BTS video,

I wonder what exactly is this "forbidden knowledge" that Ariane tried to use that got her kicked out of the tower. Think it's in any way related to the RC Guild woman's search for the Eye of Saradomin/Stone of Jas?

It looks like this one might have the beginning of the return of the gods storyline, so hopefully that's the case.

...Could they release this/these quests next week and save EoC for the week after? :razz:

If you see the part of the statues in the new BTS, you see 4 statues representing 4 gods, each with a symbol on the hilt. Three are easily indentifiable, being the classic Trio of Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix. However, the last statue depicts a woman and has no Symbol.

Due to this, the most reasonable assumption would be Seren, but Seren didnt have any influence east of Kandarin. so what else is there? Zaros was never really depicted as a Man as far as I know, and we know next to nothing about Armadyl aswell, and while it says he is brother to Saradomin, that can get retconned or was an error passed throughout the ages. Bandos is out of the question, he really isn't a magic god and is way too agressive for this kind of thing I believe. I've also excluded the Desert Pantheon from this for obvious reasons.

So who is the Woman in the statue? Is Zaros/Armadyl a Woman? Is that Seren? Is it a new god?

Can't wait for this, the new Tower also looks quite amazing.

If you see the part of the statues in the new BTS, you see 4 statues representing 4 gods, each with a symbol on the hilt.

The guy in the video said they were the 4 founding wizards of the tower I thought.

Yeah it was said as 4 founding wizards that each came from a different faction of magic. Guthix Seems to be holding an earth spell/summon obelisk and a log of some sort, zamorak a fire, saradomin is ringed in water; the 4th symbol-less woman is being blown by wind.

Also Sara and symbol free are women, zammy and guthix are men; so they r deffo the wizards not the gods.

Though I do wonder if it goes deeper than that in that guthix has possible mini-obelisk so could be summoning and herblore (magical earth related arts); Zamoraks flame is like combat magic, Sara water is maybe some sort of enchantment/healing magic which would leave the 'forbidden art' to be whatever skill air magic was about.

Also of note in what they are holding. Guthix has the log eg a resources. Air has a wand. Zammy has a staff and Sara has just his hands. Again kinda suggesting different styles of magic using resources or wands or staves or just yourself.

Also in concept art of Ariane smashing through the floor in magical glow the glow seems to be sectioned, red at the back, green and blue to the sides and pink at the front. So that'd be the 4th wizards colour possibly. Also towards the end when you see the 4 founders around table (about the follow up quest) you can see they match the statues, 2 men at back with red and green trimmed robes, two women at front with blue and white trimmed robes, this also shows the four in red,green,blue,white light pillars collectively forming a pink central magic light thing. So perhaps the 'forbidden' art is some 5th element formed from the 4.

Plv6Dz6.jpg