Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I wonder how they'll handle it if the npc has not died yet in that player's history. Seems like they'd have to either have a few quest requirements or make several different versions.

Or they'll simply make the NPC not show up for that player.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I wonder how they'll handle it if the npc has not died yet in that player's history. Seems like they'd have to either have a few quest requirements or make several different versions.

Or they'll simply make the NPC not show up for that player.

This. A simple database query can ID the NPCs you have killed then a simple game script can use those query results to differentiate between the possible NPCs and the ones you actually have "unlocked" and send you the data for your particular situation.

It would either be the above or instancing, which is kind of excessive for the task at hand.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Someone in the RSOF has an extensive list of NPC's that have been killed off in the quests we've done. Its actually quite lengthy...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I see them hanging a fire cape on the tombstone... Don't tell me we need to get ANOTHER fire cape to throw away. TzTok-Rex, Kiln admission, one to keep, one for your cape rack, if you're so inclined, and now this? Who could it possibly be for, anyway? Jad? It's kinda douchey to kill someone (some"thing") and then summon them from the afterlife to say sorry (actually just for the prayer xp and silly masks).

Given the nature of the event and fact items are related to a person I think it'll be a case of we get a special non-wearable firecape from an npc somewhere. Like we might go see Jack at Lunar bank and get Cyrisus' Firecape or perhaps Kuradel will give us Duradal's firecape kinda thing.

I'm also of the opinion that they don't want to lock anyone out of visiting dead npc's, so they're not gonna keep you from meeting Duradel just because you don't have 99 slayer

There's kinda no reason for slayer cape to be an issue at all seeing as they moved slayer cape from Duradal/Laplok to Kuradel, so whilst many of us never actually saw Duradel sans slayer cape as this happened after WGS came out he never technically wore it and lacks any association to it in current game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nothing I'd love more than to get a steel dragon task from Duradel, for old time's sake. I miss him :L

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Looks like Caitlyn and Kayle from The Blood Pact might be present. Should be interesting to see how the festival handles The Blood Pact NPC's, seeing that you have a choice to let them live.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp for some people? If NPC died, NPC gets festival. If NPC not dead, no festival.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Looks like Caitlyn and Kayle from The Blood Pact might be present. Should be interesting to see how the festival handles The Blood Pact NPC's, seeing that you have a choice to let them live.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp for some people? If NPC died, NPC gets festival. If NPC not dead, no festival.

I know is super easy.

If an NPC 100% dies in a quest dialogue/menu about who you can bring forth checks for quest completion in your account. If it's done the option appears, if it's not the option doesn't.

For quests where they can die, but do not definitely die it checks that stored variable, the same variable it uses to decide if NPCs are shown and how the dialogue mentions them (such as the quest for the circus fm event who dies or not results in them being present or not at the circus)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just because I find something "interesting" doesn't mean I find it "hard to grasp". I'm talking more about how they are going to approach the fact that you have a choice of leaving the three enemies live, and if you will be able to see them there, remembering their compatriots.

The difficulty of programming such an event wasn't even something I was thinking about. It's more about me wondering if jagex will take the lazy approach and not bother mentioning them, however looking at the teaser, they might actually bother having them present.

• Like 1
22031_s.gif

It would be very neat to get a slayer task from Duradel for old time's sake. This looks like a really cool event. And I certainly wouldn't mind gielinor games for prayer exp.

If you keep the firemaking characters alive they'll probably just be a rock or something where their memorial would be, like with balloons.

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

It would be very neat to get a slayer task from Duradel for old time's sake. This looks like a really cool event. And I certainly wouldn't mind gielinor games for prayer exp.

If you keep the firemaking characters alive they'll probably just be a rock or something where their memorial would be, like with balloons.

Player: I need a slayer task

Duradell: Great, your new assignment is to kill 103 Steel Dragons

Player: AGAIN???

You have no idea how much I want that.

• Like 3

[spoiler=Hazelmere]I miss Hazelmere and would love chatting with him again. I actually cried when he died during WGS ...

:unsure:

[spoiler=Hazelmere]Yeah, very sad when his hat floated down

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hot damn! The new KBD looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Of course, I didn't really know what he looked like before but I do love me some dragons.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hot damn! The new KBD looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Of course, I didn't really know what he looked like before but I do love me some dragons.

He was Elvarg painted flat black and 2 extra heads were duct-taped on.

Also, anyone notice the crossbow the player in Pernix is using? Current crossbow updated or possibly dragon crossbow? Kind of doubt it but you never know.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just the Royal Crossbow

I don't know how I feel about this new Dragon Rider lore. Something so powerful an idea - tamed (or at least cowed) dragons that humans used - seems very out of place. It's something that deserves a massive bit of story behind it, a culture, something to distinguish it from some weird dusty bit of lore players forget about. I'm...excited to see what they do with it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Dragon riders are almost a staple in the world of fantasy fiction (Anne McCaffrey anyone?). Or maybe it's just in my fantasy fiction world. :P

Given the size and aggressive nature of the dragons in RS, perhaps the Riders are a legendary cavalry unit that once hunted the dragons and drove the larger of them (QBD, KBD) underground in order to survive.

I have to admit, I'm rather excited about this as well.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm pumped for this update, both the dungeons and the KBD look amazing. It'll make me look forward to a black dragons task even more :)

the_sorrow.png

the_sorrow.png

the_sorrow.png

What is lifes greatest illusion?

Innocence, my brother. - Black Door, Skyrim