Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

True I forgot her RFD role that would kinda make it work, but I dunno I still feel she's not a good fit. Perhaps she is the character that is going to become a god though? Her powers and foresight would fit with that; though arguable the Oracle shares that foresight and thus could share many of the same powers. (Osbourne even said in his mind he thinks of them as sisters, but that is not a fact that is written into the lore at present)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not entirely sure it is even floating bones, probably clearer in the vid but that image it just looks like some big bones near a mushroom that, due to camera angle, happen to match up with the top of a tree offering the illusion of them being on top of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not entirely sure it is even floating bones, probably clearer in the vid but that image it just looks like some big bones near a mushroom that, due to camera angle, happen to match up with the top of a tree offering the illusion of them being on top of it.

They're larger than the bones on the ground which means they're closer to the camera. They're also seen at a more "side on" angle.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

They're larger than the bones on the ground which means they're closer to the camera. They're also seen at a more "side on" angle.

I see a couple of flaws with you argument:

1) It's only valid IF they are the same type of bones, I said they look like big bones.

2) Even if they are atop the tree the ones on the floor infront of it are closer to the camera, since the tree top where they are moves away from the camera.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I see a couple of flaws with you argument:

1) It's only valid IF they are the same type of bones, I said they look like big bones.

2) Even if they are atop the tree the ones on the floor infront of it are closer to the camera, since the tree top where they are moves away from the camera.

Nothing in the woods drops big bones. Demons don't drop bones at all. You're saying that either against all precedent, demons now drop bones, or that big bones were intentionally dropped there rather than the fact that a known, common bug has occurred?

Feel free to bring up something interesting to talk about.

If you look at the Q&A video you'll see the bones move around with the camera angle, clearly showing that they are hovering over the tree.

And yes, it was shown on purpose to give an example of the glitches that can occur without Q&A. They said they had a flying bone glitch they were working on.

Edit: Looks like the last picture in the teaser update was indeed about the Demon Slayer quest being updated. As someone suspected.

If you look at the Q&A video you'll see the bones move around with the camera angle, clearly showing that they are hovering over the tree.

And yes, it was shown on purpose to give an example of the glitches that can occur without Q&A. They said they had a flying bone glitch they were working on.

Edit: Looks like the last picture in the teaser update was indeed about the Demon Slayer quest being updated. As someone suspected.

The first 7 pictures made me think some time of flash mob style D&D like goblins. The 8th picture makes me think it maybe part of a quest or something along those lines...time will tell I guess...

Well seeing as 'Demon flash mobs' are on the Jan D&D...

But 8th one certainly looks a bit out of place, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Demon Slayer remake mentioned briefly in a recent bts video; would make sense to bundle demon stuff together and if it follows remake trend thus far it'd included a new noob quest too.

Ahh that does make sense then, not saw/read the January BTS yet, will definitely look it over once I get five minutes. ON a plus note, not a bad prediction for me considering i've not read BTS yet, flash mobs and quest, if that is indeed correct.

A combination of me and Sy as far as I can tell

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Interesting factor for the above debate about Gypsy Aris - she no longer has any part in Demon Slayer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Interesting factor for the above debate about Gypsy Aris - she no longer has any part in Demon Slayer.

She is still an important part of RFD, though, isn't she?

Yeah I just meant it does alter her position slightly as it removes any canonical confirmation of foresight powers she had; instead leaving her just with the big spell she managed to cast. So sort of slightly lost the possible 'Guardian of Future' angle since her remaining powers are simply 'time' and as far as we know Death already guards that.

Total sidebar: But talking of time, wonder if the key from Meeting History is the Elder Artefact Osbourne was alluding to being in our hands?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

She is still an important part of RFD, though, isn't she?

Yeah I just meant it does alter her position slightly as it removes any canonical confirmation of foresight powers she had; instead leaving her just with the big spell she managed to cast. So sort of slightly lost the possible 'Guardian of Future' angle since her remaining powers are simply 'time' and as far as we know Death already guards that.

Total sidebar: But talking of time, wonder if the key from Meeting History is the Elder Artefact Osbourne was alluding to being in our hands?

It's very possible I mean what other item do we actually own that has the power to time travel (or anything that even comes close to that sort of power). Albeit a rather limited & crude time travel, it must have been forged by someone with substantial power i.e. a God at least, so why not make it an Elder God.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Maybe we can travel from and to year 170 with the key? :P

That would be fun, especially if there is a quest that requires us to bounce back and forth, kind of the way the master sword works in LoZ ocarina of time.

It also solves the problem of doing certain quests that need to happen in 169, like RoTM. It would require a lot of new stuff for the new year though.

• Like 1

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

It's already been mentioned few pages ago, sinkholes are monsters the Goroja race fought before. That twitter post all but confirms it's something monster related not gambling related.

Looks like Sinkholes might have something to do with gambling.

aXoQOfr.png

Went to the FGU subforum on the RSOF and found some pretty interesting stuff

It didn't occur to me until I read it that the NPC is actually a Gorajo, and a conversation you can have with a Sachem Deathslinger in Daemonheim states the following:

[hide]

Player: What is the biggest creature you have killed?

Gorajo: Haha, you sound like my cubs! What did you kill, mama? Did it have ten heads, mama? Did it fire magic bolts from its eyes?

Player: Alright I get, I was just trying to make conversation

Gorajo: Do not sulk, naabe. You simply reminded me of better times. To answer your question, it was most likely a Sinkhole.

They are huge and flat, shaped something like an open palm. They burrow beneath the ground, and then fold themselves into a fist, storing the land and people withing them to be digested when required.

Player: That's horrible!

Gorajo: And so much worse to be inside one. This place [Daemonheim] is nothing in comparison to a sinkhole, naabe. I relish every day outside of that thing.

[/hide]

Additionally, watching the BTS video with French subtitles reveals that the Sink Hole is a new D&D.

Interested now in how that will turn out - update teaser pics for this one should be interesting.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Interesting that he appears to be inside dg

Plv6Dz6.jpg