Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

They said you need at least one of the 6 to start using ports; you need all 6 to access everything. The 6 being rc, herb, pray, slay, thief, fish.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's Christmas event time! :twss:

Looks very cool. I'm glad to see the return of quest based events.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wait, what? Have the rewards been announced already?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Unless I'm mistaken they said in the bts video that everything was open to F2P other than hunting snow implings.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 4 weeks later...

From mod mark on his Behind the Scenes: Behind the Scenes:

Teaser for an upcoming update: "the gods will be hunting for the rarest of rarest butterflies."

What does this mean? Maybe its a concept to what the quests overall storyline will be? After all he did have to think of it off the top of his head (or so it seems). I suppose it reminds me of how the gods each have an image that they want and how they plan to shape the world into a representation of that image.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe they're all sick to death of hunting Jadinkos and are hoping butterflies are similar xp and less click intensive. I have news for them, butterflies are just as bad, maybe worse.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I really don't see them putting loyalty rewards into the mainstream lore. Lets explore other avenues... I've seen some interesting theories posted on the RSOF.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I really don't see them putting loyalty rewards into the mainstream lore. Lets explore other avenues... I've seen some interesting theories posted on the RSOF.

But it's not putting them into mainstream lore. It's the auras copying the lore.

Way back in god letters and in other sources we know Guthix CAN shape shift and that he has taken the form of a butterfly before.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The old mime event is rumoured to be all three of them in human form, but I suppose that could be non-canon.

Jmods confirmed it was them way back when, but this has since kinda been retconed.

1) We have no evidence Saradomin can shapeshift and he looks entirely different in ROTM cutscene

2) Mahjaratt form got changed away from human which kinda overrides Zamorak

3) Guthix slumber being reinforced retcons Guthix being there

4) That particular easter egg dates from a time in lore when it was the old trio of gods being 'brothers' and being equal

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The old mime event is rumoured to be all three of them in human form, but I suppose that could be non-canon.

Jmods confirmed it was them way back when, but this has since kinda been retconed.

1) We have no evidence Saradomin can shapeshift and he looks entirely different in ROTM cutscene

4) That particular easter egg dates from a time in lore when it was the old trio of gods being 'brothers' and being equal

It's probably also worth mentioning that the Gods appearance in the old letters has been retconned too.

Rather than discuss who Mark is referring too (as its highly likely to be Guthix) it would be more interesting to discuss WHY they are after him.

My guess is they want him out of the way so he can't stop them from returning and whooping their asses.

Sylpheed.png

It's probably also worth mentioning that the Gods appearance in the old letters has been retconned too.

Rather than discuss who Mark is referring too (as its highly likely to be Guthix) it would be more interesting to discuss WHY they are after him.

My guess is they want him out of the way so he can't stop them from returning and whooping their asses.

Maybe if they can somehow 'remove' Guthix and his influence from the world, the edicts will cease to exist giving them free reign to make there return and resume there war against each other.

My question would be where would Zaros fit in here, he isn't bound by the edicts seeing as he was already banished before they came into effect. If he is indeed the equal of Guthix as Juna implies doing a Tears of Guthix story dialogue (something about his return truly restoring balance to the world). There is very strong evidence he is on the verge of making his return but will Zaros ally himself with Guthix to prevent any other gods returning to question his superiority as the only true God remaining in the world or help remove his presence for Runescape.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Maybe if they can somehow 'remove' Guthix and his influence from the world, the edicts will cease to exist giving them free reign to make there return and resume there war against each other.

My question would be where would Zaros fit in here, he isn't bound by the edicts seeing as he was already banished before they came into effect. If he is indeed the equal of Guthix as Juna implies doing a Tears of Guthix story dialogue (something about his return truly restoring balance to the world). There is very strong evidence he is on the verge of making his return but will Zaros ally himself with Guthix to prevent any other gods returning to question his superiority as the only true God remaining in the world or help remove his presence for Runescape.

The Juna reference isn't about him equalling Zaros.

The TRUE balance was

Justice vs War (Armadyl vs Bandos)

Wisdom vs Might (Saradomin vs Zaros)

The unbalance is that might was removed and is instead being pseudo replaced by chaos (Zamorak)

Juna's reference to restoring balance is the idea of might being brought back and chaos being removed from the system aka Zaros gonna get mad on Zammy.

This has already been somewhat begun with the Temple of Sennisten ending where Zaros makes the statue outside the Zamorak wine temple smash.

Though of course recent developments imply Zammy may not be stamped out due to an existing character becoming a god, which would mean restoring Guthix's balance would need Zammy, unless of course Chaos is used to balance, well, Balance. But then one could also go down the line of Justice is missing from the system as Armadyl is awol.

Plv6Dz6.jpg