Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Just saw this on the desert tasks FAQ:

How can the Vyrewatches pass the River Salve? Surely this breaks their lore?

Mod Mark: A very good question. Perhaps the vyre have found a way to bypass the salve? Only time will tell for sure...

So another vyre based quest is coming sooner than later?

I know they are completely separate things, but in the RS book, "Return to Canifis" - the Vyrewatch are able to do so. I forget how exactly, but the set up is already there :D

They did it two ways. The first was defiling the salve but thats since been fixed. The other way was to have someone not be turned into a vampire until after they crossed the river.

seriously though.... their giant flying monsters... can't they just fly around the river instead of going over....

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I hink it's more to do with the enchantments of the Gods and what not. The RIver Salve is blessed after all and Burgh De Rott may be too. Canifis after all, started out as a Saradomist outpost, before it fell to Drakan.

If not though...then it's just one of those things, haha. Like in video games, how a giant hole in the wall can't be walked through >_<

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Just watched the BTS, looks a fun thing to try, new armour looks really nice, really hope it's not too rare to acquire, and the crossbows are decent.

Something I do find hilarious though, Jagex are continually pushing dual wielding yet have not fixed the flaws with dual wield + abilities, firstly KK with off-hand drygore and now a offhand c'bow over a shield for demon hunter armour. Also what the hell happened to the old lore that states demons have weakness to magic for unknown reasons or have Jagex forgot that little gem of information scholars discovered years ago.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Looks like Sinkholes might have something to do with gambling.

aXoQOfr.png

Went to the FGU subforum on the RSOF and found some pretty interesting stuff

It didn't occur to me until I read it that the NPC is actually a Gorajo, and a conversation you can have with a Sachem Deathslinger in Daemonheim states the following:

[hide]

Player: What is the biggest creature you have killed?

Gorajo: Haha, you sound like my cubs! What did you kill, mama? Did it have ten heads, mama? Did it fire magic bolts from its eyes?

Player: Alright I get, I was just trying to make conversation

Gorajo: Do not sulk, naabe. You simply reminded me of better times. To answer your question, it was most likely a Sinkhole.

They are huge and flat, shaped something like an open palm. They burrow beneath the ground, and then fold themselves into a fist, storing the land and people withing them to be digested when required.

Player: That's horrible!

Gorajo: And so much worse to be inside one. This place [Daemonheim] is nothing in comparison to a sinkhole, naabe. I relish every day outside of that thing.

[/hide]

Additionally, watching the BTS video with French subtitles reveals that the Sink Hole is a new D&D.

Interested now in how that will turn out - update teaser pics for this one should be interesting.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can see it now.

"A sink hole has been spotted around *city/location"! Head over and see if you can claim some lost items! But be careful not to sink in yourself!"

Like a pit of quick sand. Fish up whatever random npc's lost when disappearing underground.

Or something like that.

Depending if it's actually a creature or not.

Gorajo concept art to do with 'Sinkholes'

Gorajo convo about monsters called 'Sinkholes'

I think its kinda a full gone conclusions at this point it will be a monster.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mod Osbourne did an aama last night here:

http://www.reddit.co...r_at/?limit=500

Various interesting things that came up:

Next quest introduces two new Guardians of Guthix and possibly an appearence for Nex Link

Mod Osbourne and Mod Mark disagree on whether Nomad is dead or alive Link

Demon Hordes are a 'proof' that Gods are regaining influence in rs Link

Looking for ways to do Crondis and Het quests Link

Next month we are getting the end of a big quest line, but not Elves Link

There are 'Elder Artefacts' in the desert (3rd answer) Link

Guthix is unlikely to get weapons, but more Guthix items ingame soon Link

There are Elder Artefacts we walk past everyday Link

Full arcs have been pre-planned for signature heroes and concepts exist for bank/ge related quest Link

The year moving forward - grandmaster quest this year will 'help' but won't cause it. Also backdoor way to go quest without reqs Link

There is an Elder Artefact in-game that we can already wield, more info on it to come in-game soon Link

In his mind there are same number of Guardians of Guthix as upright stones in a druid circle. Repeated confirmation that Juna, Fiara and Valluta are guardians and first time confirmation Death is. Also hint of anther already in-game who likes to tell stories (probably the frem saga guy) Link

Agreement that 7 guardians, 3 male, 3 female, 1 gender netural (balance elemental) is likely OR possible 1 guardian per mahjaratt Link

Next year we have a quest happening under the wilderness Link

Confirmation that the 'rarest butterfly' is guthix Link

Kharsai, Sliske, Azzandra have planned content for 2013. Kerapac (QBD making dragonkin) is alive and WILL feature in-game at some point Link

Mod Mark and Osbourne want to do the dg finale 'floor 61' "sooner rather than later" Link

Only 3 kin despite more being alive respond to the stone explanation Link

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Fun, fun, fun. How about finish elven story before, rather than rs god stuff.

Demons sounds like good step into dungeons/raids we know from other games, where players must cooperate to win. Sure we got GWD and newly come Kalphite King, but ... combat need more "dodge" form ability to be challenging rather just tap skills n auto attack.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

There are Elder Artefacts we walk past everyday Link

This makes me think of those stones just beside the Gamer's Grotto.

I was thinking them or the mysterious heads or the lodestones or the sword in wildy crater thingy.

I was more intrigued by the one we can wield though. I mean he said 'in your hand' so it implies a weapon opposed to an armour piece and 'might' implies limited access. Initial thoughts I'd guess anti-poison totem, Keris or Zaryte Bow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Double post I know but I have to say considered all Mod Osbourne said I'm calling next months grandmaster quest as the finale of the Azzandra story arc.

1) It's a big quest line (in story and anticipation of Zaros return) and near it's end

2) Year moving forward/god content - Zaros return would be a good starting point

3) Azzandra content due this year

4) Nex appearance in next quest offers ties tos Zaros

5) Two new Guardians of Guthix in next quest: The return of a god would certainly be something that would attract the Guardians.

It certainly would make sense...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm betting the sinkhole monster, if its actually a living, breathing being, will end up being designed on the star wars desert monster sunk into the desert floor. I'm not a huge star wars fan so don't kill me for not knowing what its called...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

usWBUR5.png

So RS3 is coming?

We already knew this.

They let it slip in the live QA's in like November that RS3 is in the works, one confirmed feature thus far is fully customisable interfaces. It's also likely that the move from Java to html5 mentioned last year will be RS3.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What's UGC?

I agree with the rs3/html5 thing. I'm sure there will be a lot more they can do, but don't expect it to be earth-shattering like the changes from rsc to rs2. They probably trickle out as development time is spent fiddling with it.

Edit: apparently its user generated content... Always wanted to actually see something like this...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

While i'm probably barking up the wrong tree, could/wouldn't the weildable ancient artifact be the armadyl battlestaff?

The fact its an Armadyl artefact suggests no, though they could put a twist in the lore whereby Armadyl actually sort of 'nicked' it (much like the 'Eye of Saradomin' being the Stone of Jas)

Elder Artefacts specifically refers to artefacts left behind by the Elder gods, the Elder gods cam before Guthix and made Gielinor and then for whatever unknown reasons left, the Tok-Haar are part of this Elder God time as they made the land. Long after their departure Guthix found Gielinor and brought people to it and Guthix is known to be weaker than the Elder gods then the assorted other deities of runescape came after Guthix and are known to be weaker than him (with the possible exception of Zaros).

Long story short if Armadyl staff was genuinely made by armadyl it would not be an elder artefact. Only people/races known to of been in rs pre-Guthix are Elves and Dragonkin thus far.

Also I'd say the Armadyl Staff is more likely than the Battlestaff since the former is the original artefact that was stolen from Armadyl, the later is a battlestave we created by putting a patched together orb from the original on a normal staff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Quick idea:

I know we already have 3 female Guardians (Fiara, Valluta, Juna), but shouldn't Gypsy Aris be one also? She looks to be immortal, has some interesting spells up her sleeves, and is aligned with Guthix.

22031_s.gif

Quick idea:

I know we already have 3 female Guardians (Fiara, Valluta, Juna), but shouldn't Gypsy Aris be one also? She looks to be immortal, has some interesting spells up her sleeves, and is aligned with Guthix.

But all the Guardians are...well guarding something. What is she guarding?

Fiara is looking after the Fist of Guthix so it's not mis-used

Juna does the same for the tears

Valluta is fighting against the pests to keep balance.

Death is guarding time and death by taking people at the right time etc.

Balance (assuming it is one) guards stone of Jas

If the Frem Saga guy is one (based on the hint of 'likes to tell stories) he'd be guarding memories/history

What on earth would Gypsy be guarding? And would it not be kinda of be against Guardian's style to be running a very public buisness and profiteering?

I mean it's been established holiday events are kinda bending the lore and not 100% canon (mentioned in the aama) hence why we had werewolves at the games and such, and thus all the Guardians we HAVE come across has been because we came upon what they are guarding or out of necessity eg Death allowing us to revive as we have work to do.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Quick idea:

But all the Guardians are...well guarding something. What is she guarding?

Fiara is looking after the Fist of Guthix so it's not mis-used

Juna does the same for the tears

Valluta is fighting against the pests to keep balance.

Death is guarding time and death by taking people at the right time etc.

Balance (assuming it is one) guards stone of Jas

If the Frem Saga guy is one (based on the hint of 'likes to tell stories) he'd be guarding memories/history

What on earth would Gypsy be guarding? And would it not be kinda of be against Guardian's style to be running a very public buisness and profiteering?

I mean it's been established holiday events are kinda bending the lore and not 100% canon (mentioned in the aama) hence why we had werewolves at the games and such, and thus all the Guardians we HAVE come across has been because we came upon what they are guarding or out of necessity eg Death allowing us to revive as we have work to do.

I can see her being the guardian of future events, as she was the one that warned the adventurer of Delrith's approach.

22031_s.gif