Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It looked pretty cool. I'm curious whether the combat xp reward can be applied to slayer.. and it sounded like you could basically get tasks for a single creature over and over and over... might be an interesting way for top players to gain slayer xp? Especially if getting a slayer task + the challenge thing actually doubles slayer xp per kill while in the tower?

I'm gonna guess No.

When Jagex says 'combat xp' it usually means: att, str, def, hp, ranged, mage with summ and pray sometimes tagged on.

Also I doubt these contracts offer slayer xp for the kills either.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

slayxp.png

Did they not say, however, before that "If you have a slayer task in the tower and get a contract before hand..."

Ergo the slayer xp throughout is coming from being on a normal slayer task, not from the contract.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

slayxp.png

Did they not say, however, before that "If you have a slayer task in the tower and get a contract before hand..."

Ergo the slayer xp throughout is coming from being on a normal slayer task, not from the contract.

slayxp.png

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Brink of extinction fixes coming up:

http://services.rune...howuser=Mod Stu

That's interesting enough, but it doesn't really seem to change much as far as the utility of Obsidian armor. I am however intrigued that there is apparently a way of reading that final bookcase. His hints weren't particularly helpful though...

2dgucz6.png

Well if I understood that correctly, they're keeping it statted as tier 60 armor but giving it a special damage reduction to make it as good as Nex gear but only in the TzHaar area. Maybe its being type-all will make it worth using outside even with tier 60 stats though.

2dgucz6.png

Unless it is going to be reasonably good outside Tzhaar city, I'd prefer them to keep as it was pre-EoC, as good as Nex in the caves, useless outside it. Because if it's merely level 60, that's merely a technicality, no one will use it for anything anyways.

That's interesting enough, but it doesn't really seem to change much as far as the utility of Obsidian armor. I am however intrigued that there is apparently a way of reading that final bookcase. His hints weren't particularly helpful though...

I kept wondering, has anyone tried reading it with solely tzhaar clothing on?

So full obsidian, obsidian cape + a weapon? Perhaps if a fury would count as one as well, wear that too =d?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well if I understood that correctly, they're keeping it statted as tier 60 armor but giving it a special damage reduction to make it as good as Nex gear but only in the TzHaar area. Maybe its being type-all will make it worth using outside even with tier 60 stats though.

but it's level 80 right now, so, do you mean they're reducing it to 60?

8f14270694.jpg

So full obsidian, obsidian cape + a weapon? Perhaps if a fury would count as one as well, wear that too =d?

Funny you should ask, because I did just that (although with TokHaar-Kal rather than Obsidian Cape) after reading Stu's confirmation. I even bought a Ring of Stone and tried that. Also, despite Stu's saying that the orb was not required, clicking the bookshelf will say that it might be decipherable with it. There's a thread, the QFC of which can be found in the thread that Bruno posted, detailing everything they've tried. It really is amazing that no one's found the solution in months.

EDIT incase someone's interested: 20-21-221-64207208

2dgucz6.png

Funny you should ask, because I did just that (although with TokHaar-Kal rather than Obsidian Cape) after reading Stu's confirmation. I even bought a Ring of Stone and tried that. Also, despite Stu's saying that the orb was not required, clicking the bookshelf will say that it might be decipherable with it. There's a thread, the QFC of which can be found in the thread that Bruno posted, detailing everything they've tried. It really is amazing that no one's found the solution in months.

EDIT incase someone's interested: 20-21-221-64207208

Gugghhhh... now this is going to be stuck in my head until a solution is found :mad:

Tried some things (Obsidian shards, bar, tokkul, tokkul-zo, commorb v2, Tzhaar tourist guide, Journal of Perjour), nothing worked. Also none of the dialogue options with any of the TzHaar change with ring of charos, visibility, or cramulet.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm quite excited for the new gm quest and html5 rs.

Same. Hoping html5 is another RS->RSHD type change.

I also hope it puts a less drain on our computers. I have no idea if that actually is possible o.O

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Html5 should put less drain on computers as it ought to be less cpu intensive, particularly good for laptops, older systems and macs where java can be big drain.

Should also allow for general upscaling of graphics eg the basic level should be nearer to current max level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg