Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Anyone else wondering if they want this to be a farce just so they can tell the whiners "we told you so"? Doesn't excuse it, but if so I have some level of sympathy.

That'd be nice, but it's obviously not true. This is Jagex simply being fraudulent in the most callous way possible. I will repeat this for the 100th time: not only did they treacherously lie to us about several different things, but they didn't even have the common decency to give us an explanation or apology. They simply did what they wanted, released the servers/'BTS', and ran off without a word.

Now of course, they're too busy censoring comments on Youtube and the RSOF.

Our only consolation is the flurry of abuse that they're getting from people with legitimate grievances. No term of abuse could go too far for this sort of thing. I am by no means a vicious person, but today, I truly hope that something mildly terrible happens to whoever was responsible for this.

I am not sure if ALG is being sarcastic/sardonic, or not

I am, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. We take ourselves (And our game) too seriously here. :razz:

It's not like we don't have other things to do. I'm a huge fan of quests, but it isn't like I can't spend my time doing other things before this gets here.

Yoko, it's very possible that the quest simply wasn't ready yet. That stuff happens all the time in software development, especially in a setting where they have to give word of what's coming well before its ready.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yoko, it's very possible that the quest simply wasn't ready yet. That stuff happens all the time in software development, especially in a setting where they have to give word of what's coming well before its ready.

Gee I wonder why it wasn't ready. <.<

• Like 1

It is indeed possible but there are factors that point against this being the case:

1) Why gloss over it in the video without giving a reason other than 07scape?

2) Why ignore questions about it on twitter and fb?

3) Why lock and hide threads on the matter without giving a nice simple answer?

I'll tell you what would be a good reason: Because there isn't a nice explanation that will please people because they DID break their promise and let 07scape effect main rs resulting in the delay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is indeed possible but there are factors that point against this being the case:

1) Why gloss over it in the video without giving a reason other than 07scape?

2) Why ignore questions about it on twitter and fb?

3) Why lock and hide threads on the matter without giving a nice simple answer?

I'll tell you what would be a good reason: Because there isn't a nice explanation that will please people because they DID break their promise and let 07scape effect main rs resulting in the delay.

Not to mention the fact that they have let it sit long enough now that any "real" reason they might try and spew out will be seen as them trying to cover there ass.If they could manage to cram to get these servers out withing 7 days of the "vote", which doesn't even deserve to be called that, then why can't they work over time this weekend to push out the quest for next week like expected.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Not only has one Forum Mod stated (before the post was hidden) that according to one J-Mod the reason why it was delayed was indeed RS2007 (they had to put extra developers on 2007), but this is obviously the case that 2007 is the reason why it was delayed. In addition to the reasons put forth by Sy, obviously if the Quest wasn't ready this week, they could have gotten it ready by putting a fraction of the effort that they put into 2007 into the Quest. It's blatantly obvious what happened. They had already decided earlier this week that 2007 would be out this Friday. Now, are we to believe that they were able to hire a brand new spanking team in a matter of days (without even advertising for any substantial time)? Of course not. What's more likely? That they were able to hire a new team in less than 2-3 days, or that they used their existing team to work on it?

Have you forgotten about this?

"What is a 'Behind the Scenes' article?

Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan; not a promise that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready."

Nothing is promised. Unbunch your pantalones.

nautica.png

nautica.png

Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan; not a promise that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready."

To you and everyone who has posted that:

No one is mad because the update was delayed. They're mad because rs07 caused the delay, even though Jagex promised that it wouldn't affect current content.

• Like 5

However, even though before voting even started they said: "Although some of our resources and time would be reallocated initially to the reinstatement of the 2007 servers, the main game would still continue to receive its regular updates, as well as the massive updates promised for 2013.".

That right there covers their asses and should have been expected. Now if they for some reason don't get the quest or any updates out in the next couple weeks, you have a reason to [bleep] about it.

nautica.png

nautica.png

To you and everyone who has posted that:

No one is mad because the update was delayed. They're mad because rs07 caused the delay, even though Jagex promised that it wouldn't affect current content.

I'd also like to point out if you go watch last weeks video the end says this week is TWW

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

However, even though before voting even started they said: "Although some of our resources and time would be reallocated initially to the reinstatement of the 2007 servers, the main game would still continue to receive its regular updates, as well as the massive updates promised for 2013.".

That right there covers their asses and should have been expected. Now if they for some reason don't get the quest or any updates out in the next couple weeks, you have a reason to [bleep] about it.

And the people who [bleep]ed and whined for the 'old days' should have a cup of STFU. All I'm going to say on this thread is that those asinine individuals are just hypocrites. They can [bleep] but we can't? Well, sorry to say, there's only one RuneScape, and that is the current game, not 2007scape, not RSC. Jagex failed to deliver a worthwhile update in the name of these "old school veterans" who did not contribute to the game anymore. Why? For money? 2007scape is going to be like RSC soon enough, and then what? (This is a rhetorical question, for reference. No need to respond to it!)

In any case, I patiently await the new quest.

ozXHe7P.png

Nonsense. The BTS stated that they would release a much anticipated (by several months, if not an entire year) update this month, that was being anticipated by a large portion of the player-base. In typical Jagex fashion, instead of putting the majority of their focus into it, they decided to focus on other updates (Sinkholes, Slayer Tower), and leave the most important update (TWW) until the eleventh hour (the end of month). That alone is procrastination. But then they decided that instead of finishing up this update that was in the BTS that a great deal of people wanted, to stop it in the middle of its development to start on a completely new project that was NOT on the BTS (and was initially slated to be released much later) that only a few vocal brats wanted. That's the [bleep]ing problem.

The BTS is for all intents and purposes an implicit promise, the selling point for purchasing P2P for that month, despite their tiny and ineffectual 'policy' at the bottom. I understand that sometimes they genuinely can't follow up, and I have no qualms with that (the December God statues were delayed and I did not mention a word about that or any disappointment), but today's fiasco was not a sincere delaying on their part. It was just Jagex acting in a stupendously idiotic and callous way. This month they made several colossal mistakes and callously did it in the worst way possible: without even any explanation.

So it wasn't ready. Deal with it.

I mean, I'm a huge fan of quests. Quests are my favorite thing in Runescape. I'm a huge lore junkie as well, and this quest has gotten me really psyched up.

But really, if it wasn't ready, it wasn't ready. Whining about it won't get it released sooner. Sure, its annoying, but it's still coming out.

They obviously planned it for next week, but due to last minute mess-ups and glitches, it wasn't ready. Nobody really knows if that's because of 2007scape, which I doubt, but one extra week isn't that much longer to wait.

Chill out on the 2007 servers for a while, read up on your god lore and get ready for it the next week. |^_^|

• Like 1

The world's not going to end by having to wait 1 more week >_>

It's just that I have a winter break from university next week and week off from work next week. It was the ideal time for me to quest! :(

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

We are dealing with it the same way the RS2007 crowd were dealing with things when they didn't go their way. If there's one thing to take out of this whole experience, apparently the way to get things done on RS is to whine, spam, abuse and harass everyone across your path for months like petulant children, and even if you're merely a minority, Jagex will give in.

They obviously planned it for next week, but due to last minute mess-ups and glitches, it wasn't ready. Nobody really knows if that's because of 2007scape, which I doubt, but one extra week isn't that much longer to wait.

The only people who doubt what happened or don't "know" what happened are those who want to believe credulously in Jagex's innocence. That's willful ignorance, or perhaps delusion, it's not a genuine lack of evidence. To anyone else who is truly interested in the truth of the matter, merely examining the facts for no more than 30 seconds should set them straight.

Furthermore, it is not merely about a delay, it's about how to deal fairly and honestly with people, which apparently Jagex decided it had no use for today.

You know what the worst thing now is? What if the quest fails to live up to all this hype that's being generated at this point...

That's when people are going to start raging. While I am hella excited for this quest, (and severely disappointed at the delay), I'm going to keep a reserve of caution, just in case.

It is interesting to see this dyanmic happening on a relatively small community such as RuneScape though, haha. You mostly see people rage against delays for things like PC / console games.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

I generally approve of Jagex's quests, particularly GM quests. The most dissapointing GM quest was BoE, which was only dissapointing because it wasn't a GM quest at all, only advertised as such, and I even enjoyed that. It's really more of an experience thing. The only way they could really disappoint me with the GM quest is that if they literally half-assed it on the 11th hour, otherwise, it's easy to tell if they have put any effort into it or not, and I can always appreciate that, even if the quest doesn't go as I had imagined.

We are dealing with it the same way the RS2007 crowd were dealing with things when they didn't go their way. If there's one thing to take out of this whole experience, apparently the way to get things done on RS is to whine, spam, abuse and harass everyone across your path for months like petulant children, and even if you're merely a minority, Jagex will give in.

The only people who doubt what happened or don't "know" what happened are those who want to believe credulously in Jagex's innocence. That's willful ignorance, or perhaps delusion, it's not a genuine lack of evidence. To anyone else who is truly interested in the truth of the matter, merely examining the facts for no more than 30 seconds should set them straight.

Furthermore, it is not merely about a delay, it's about how to deal fairly and honestly with people, which apparently Jagex decided it had no use for today.

Lets all whine and complain when a quest isn't released when we want.

Lets then all whine and complain when then quest has bugs.

Seriously, the RS07 update happened, I highly doubt they would pull the quest team away from a quest update for 07, also I doubt they would pull away they bug checker thing team to check RS07 much, since RS07 is what people wanted.

Robbstarkded.png

I wonder what this thread would look like if the roles were reversed.

There will always be people whining and crying when there is absolutely no need. There are far worse things happening in the world than nor recieving an update on tieme.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but all this bashing rubs me the wrong way regardless of who it's aimed at.

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape. It's not enough that you simply disagree with people, a few of you have resorted to vilifying them, generalizing anyone who wanted the classic servers as whiny, "petulent children," abusive, and immature. God forbid Jagex had to delay an update because something you weren't interested in came out, you don't have to make it into a personal attack on the people who do like it.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There will always be people whining and crying when there is absolutely no need. There are far worse things happening in the world than nor recieving an update on tieme.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but all this bashing rubs me the wrong way regardless of who it's aimed at.

This isn't aimed at anyone specific, Jagex never said they guarantee an update to be out on a certain time each month, updates get held back due to bugs or just not being ready, a lot of the RS population don't actually see this.

Robbstarkded.png

No one ever implied that this was some catastrophic world event, we are obviously complaining about it it within the context of RS. The implicit notion that you can only complain about things if it's some major world event, is absurd.

Lets all whine and complain when a quest isn't released when we want.

Lets then all whine and complain when then quest has bugs.

Seriously, the RS07 update happened, I highly doubt they would pull the quest team away from a quest update for 07, also I doubt they would pull away they bug checker thing team to check RS07 much, since RS07 is what people wanted.

This little caricature scenario might be worth discussing in some alternate universe where the complexity of the event could be reduced merely to your caricature fantasy, but in the real world, you know, the one we exist in, where it was more than just a few people complaining, and more so about a company acting in a completely fraudulent and callous way, your little scenario has no relevance.

Edit:

@Omali

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape. It's not enough that you simply disagree with people, a few of you have resorted to vilifying them, generalizing anyone who wanted the classic servers as whiny, "petulent children," abusive, and immature. God forbid Jagex had to delay an update because something you weren't interested in came out, you don't have to make it into a personal attack on the people who do like it.

There's nothing to be astounded about. The reason why there is a such a virulent response and a sense of antagonism against the 2007scapers is because they aren't just a group of people who have a different opinion. It has to do with how they conduct themselves. For quite some time now, this crowd has harassed and abused anyone who said even the faintest of praises about EoC, spammed various fansites, forums, friend's chats (including famous J-Mod Chats, and even authority figures themselves) , public chats, and so. They are petulant children. That's certainly not everyone in that group, but a noticeable segment, and the movement by and large has been that.

As for the delay, it has to do, obviously, with the way Jagex conducted themselves (lying, failing to uphold a promise, and then pretending as if nothing happened, offering no explanation) than anything else.