Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape.

It doesn't help that those upset about the quest delay have tried being reasonable and not only has nobody responded to our complaint properly, but almost nobody trying to respond has shown any understanding whatsoever of what that complaint even is, instead choosing to strawman us despite the complaint having been spelled out like 80 million times.

• Like 2

I wonder what this thread would look like if the roles were reversed.

There will always be people whining and crying when there is absolutely no need. There are far worse things happening in the world than nor recieving an update on tieme.

No one ever implied that this was some catastrophic world event, we are obviously complaining about it it within the context of RS. The implicit notion that you can only complain about things if it's some major world event, is absurd.

Lets all whine and complain when a quest isn't released when we want.

Lets then all whine and complain when then quest has bugs.

Seriously, the RS07 update happened, I highly doubt they would pull the quest team away from a quest update for 07, also I doubt they would pull away they bug checker thing team to check RS07 much, since RS07 is what people wanted.

This little caricature scenario might be worth discussing in some alternate universe where the complexity of the event could be reduced merely to your caricature fantasy, but in the real world, you know, the one we exist in, where it was more than just a few people complaining, and more so about a company acting in a completely fraudulent and callous way, your little scenario has no relevance.

Edit:

@Omali

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape. It's not enough that you simply disagree with people, a few of you have resorted to vilifying them, generalizing anyone who wanted the classic servers as whiny, "petulent children," abusive, and immature. God forbid Jagex had to delay an update because something you weren't interested in came out, you don't have to make it into a personal attack on the people who do like it.

There's nothing to be astounded about. The reason why there is a such a virulent response and a sense of antagonism against the 2007scapes is because they aren't just a group of people who have a different opinion. It has to do with how they conduct themselves. For quite some time now, this crowd has harassed anyone who said even the faintest of praises about EoC, spammed various fansites, forums, friend's chats, public chats, and so. They are petulant children. That's certainly not everyone in that group, but a noticeable segment, and the movement by-and-large has been that.

As for the delay, it has to do, obviously, with the way Jagex conducted themselves (lying, failing to uphold a promise, and then pretending as if nothing happened, offering no explanation) than anything else.

It has complete relevance, I CBF right now but I might in the morning. I was merely picking up on the amazing drama performances from the people who don't get what they want. RS caters to many different players, the development of bringing about SOF, Solomon's and RS07 is all healthy to the game, it will benefit you in the end.

Also, stop trying to use 'little' to try and belittle me, stop acting like everything I said isn't true.

Tl;dr, people cry and whine and then use big words to sound sophisticated and try to win a losing argument.

Robbstarkded.png

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape.

It doesn't help that those upset about the quest delay have tried being reasonable and not only has nobody responded to our complaint properly, but almost nobody trying to respond has shown any understanding whatsoever of what that complaint even is, instead choosing to strawman us despite the complaint having been spelled out like 80 million times.

This. Well over a dozen hours have passed, if not an entire day, and not a single J-Mod has tried to offer an explanation on the forums. They're too busy pretending nothing happened, and giving Forum Mods directives to hide posts which aren't doing anything wrong or breaking any rules except for being critical of Jagex. Like I said, this is a callous disregard for their customers.

It has complete relevance, I CBF right now but I might in the morning. I was merely picking up on the amazing drama performances from the people who don't get what they want. RS caters to many different players, the development of bringing about SOF, Solomon's and RS07 is all healthy to the game, it will benefit you in the end.

Also, stop trying to use 'little' to try and belittle me, stop acting like everything I said isn't true.

Tl;dr, people cry and whine and then use big words to sound sophisticated and try to win a losing argument.

And other people, it appears don't even pretend to read the discussions they are part of, and instead regurgitate the same unsubstantiated nonsense all day. What part of they "lied to us, failed to uphold a promise, and with callous disregard ignored hundreds of complaints without any explanation what-so-ever" is difficult for you to understand? What expression or term in that so-complex sentence do you have trouble understanding? It's almost as if you are trolling and aren't even trying anymore (if you ever were).

I wonder what this thread would look like if the roles were reversed.

There will always be people whining and crying when there is absolutely no need. There are far worse things happening in the world than nor recieving an update on tieme.

Your argument has as much validity as the strawman "there's starving kids in Africa, so why are you complaining about X issue?" (hint: there's no validity).

I'm astounded at the way this community acts towards those who wanted old school RuneScape. It's not enough that you simply disagree with people, a few of you have resorted to vilifying them, generalizing anyone who wanted the classic servers as whiny, "petulent children," abusive, and immature. God forbid Jagex had to delay an update because something you weren't interested in came out, you don't have to make it into a personal attack on the people who do like it.

These people who whined for 2007scape (largely) provided no reason for Jagex to load up the servers outside of potential profit from future membership purchases. In a month, the players on the 2007scape servers are going to be much lower because they'll actually have to fork out more money! I'm sorry, but this is all going to be a humongous disappointment for Jagex and the "old school" players. Nostalgia blinds so many people.

On the other hand, the people (like me) looking forward to The World Wakes are continuing players who will continue to provide Jagex money every month. I've paid my membership since January of 2005, with only a short break in those many years (then there's those who have paid since members came out...!). I should be prioritized over those who want "THE OLD RS #1" back. You know why? Because I support the current game, not this malarkey "semi-old-school" (I started playing very soon after RS2 [the RSC servers were still full of people] and I don't consider myself "old school" in any way) bull.

ozXHe7P.png

And other people, it appears don't even pretend to read the discussions they are part of, and instead regurgitate the same unsubstantiated nonsense all day. What part of they "lied to us, faileed to uphold a promis, and with callous disregard ignored hundreds of complaints without any explanation what-so-ever" is difficult for you to understand? What expression or term in that so-complex sentence do you have trouble understanding? It's almost as if you are trolling and aren't even trying anymore (if you ever were).

Please, show me this promise.

Robbstarkded.png

And other people, it appears don't even pretend to read the discussions they are part of, and instead regurgitate the same unsubstantiated nonsense all day. What part of they "lied to us, faileed to uphold a promis, and with callous disregard ignored hundreds of complaints without any explanation what-so-ever" is difficult for you to understand? What expression or term in that so-complex sentence do you have trouble understanding? It's almost as if you are trolling and aren't even trying anymore (if you ever were).

Why bother? You didn't pay attention the first 10 times.

• Like 1

The main promise that they failed to uphold is that RS2007 would not interfere with the main game.

The implicit promise that they failed to uphold was that the Quest would be released this month; indeed, as late as last week's BTS, they still maintained that it would be released next week. Now before you try to pull the, "Well, the BTS's aren't really a promise" card, I will preemptively remind you that although it's certainly understandable that sometimes they need extra time, there actually needs to be a valid reason for this. Choosing to finish an update that was not in this month's BTS, and which was initially slated to be released, at the earliest, in a month, at the expense of an update which was supposed to be released, is not a valid reason. It's the equivalent of refusing to hand in a homework assignment that was due this Friday, and in lieu of it, handing in some other assignment not due for several months, and then expecting your teacher not to get angry.

The promise was that 2007scape would be separate and not get in the way of anything planned for 2013. Apparently, based on the way they reacted and the way they are pretending nothing happened, it did already affect it in some way.

This is why I didn't vote for 2007.

What is a 'Behind the Scenes' article?

Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan; not a promise that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready.

K, so there it says that the quest was planned to be released this month, not implicitly promised. Also, get facts on how the RS07 update affected the quest update and I will bow down to you. That is what you want right? You are trying to act superior by making me seem inferior, not exactly in the best of moods for you to aggravate me so with this, I log out knowing that you cannot prove that the update was postponed due to 07RS.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

The ma

in promise that they failed to uphold is that RS2007 would not interfere with the main game.

The implicit promise that they failed to uphold was that the Quest would be released this month; indeed, as late as last week's BTS, they still maintained that it would be released next week. Now before you try to pull the, "Well, the BTS's aren't really a promise" card, I will preemptively remind you that although it's certainly understandable that sometimes they need extra time, there actually needs to be a valid reason for this. Choosing to finish an update that was not in this month's BTS, and which was initially slated to be released, at the earliest, in a month, at the expense of an update which was supposed to be released, is not a valid reason. It's the equivalent of refusing to hand in a homework assignment that was due this Friday, and in lieu of it, handing in some other assignment not due for several months, and then expecting your teacher not to get angry.

I don't have a problem with this generally being delayed, and no announced reason is usually tolerated. I think the first complaint is the real biggie here, and you're doing the point a disservice by playing it down.

It's not the end of the world or anything but it leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth about an update that was already obtrusive just by the loudmouths who wouldn't shut up about it

Behind the Scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates that we hope to launch in the coming month.

This, however, is only a plan; not a promise that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so sometimes things change or take a bit longer than expected. We aren't afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready.

K, so there it says that the quest was planned to be released this month, not implicitly promised. Also, get facts on how the RS07 update affected the quest update and I will bow down to you. That is what you want right? You are trying to act superior by making me seem inferior, not exactly in the best of moods for you to aggravate me so with this, I log out knowing that you cannot prove that the update was postponed due to 07RS.

Yeah, "technically you can't prove it, neener neener" is totally watertight.

It's been confirmed by J Mods. What more do you want?

ETA: Notice how the main issue was completely ignored instead of strawmanning a borderline side point as the main complaint YET AGAIN.

MotherbrainII, to be quite frank, if they were honest and upfront about it, I'd be more than understanding of a delay, it's the fact that they have completely ignored the matter and pretended as if nothing has happened -- this is the most frustrating part. That hundreds of people are complaining and have been complaining all day, doesn't seem to phase them. It's a completely callous disregard for their players. Apparently, they feel as though they can do whatever they like, without any explanation what-so-ever.

So it's not about the delay for me, it's the inconsiderate manner in which they rammed it. Like I said, they delayed the God Statues back in December, and I have yet to make a complain about it anywhere.

Edit: Also, typically, Jagex doesn't ignore hundreds of complaints, mindlessly; usually if a lot of people are interested, there's a J-Mod within the hour to explain. They have had delays before and have posted explanations as to why, on the forums (for example, they did this way back when Dungeoneering came out and they had to delay the much anticipated Occult batch for a week from the initial date. They were honest about it, and there was no scandal). Even then, today's delay was a peculiar case, that did warrant an explanation. It was about conflicting duties, to release an update that was initially scheduled for much later on at the same time that they were delaying something slated for this month. That alone should have told them, "Geez, some players might think there's something fishy about this, given our promise not to detract resources from the main game, we'd better give them an explanation."

Proof.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

Proof.

Would you then like me to prove that that proof is authentic? Then prove that proof? Or shall I cut to the part where you expect me to prove the concept of proof itself?

• Like 2

TWW was supposed to be released on my birthday/the day before my birthday so I feel like a got scammed for a birthday present.

I know your being sarcastic, but to keep with the spirit of this thread...

Welcome to Whinescape.

Seriously even jmods hate the aspect of dealing with the community because there are just too many damn whiners. There is a big difference between offering advice or criticism and whining.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

TWW was supposed to be released on my birthday/the day before my birthday so I feel like a got scammed for a birthday present.

Welcome to Whinescape.

Seriously even jmods hate the aspect of dealing with the community because there are just too many damn whiners. There is a big difference between offering advice or criticism and whining.

Why would it be whinescape while there is/was a lot of honest and constructed threads made about it? Some things are just needed to be explained and this is 1 of them...

They are doing good things too, just look at what Mod Edam tries to do for us for PoP armour! Making it atleast on par!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Welcome to Whinescape.

Yes...sarcasm.

Welcome to Whinescape.

Why would it be whinescape while there is/was a lot of honest and constructed threads made about it? Some things are just needed to be explained and this is 1 of them...

They are doing good things too, just look at what Mod Edam tries to do for us for PoP armour! Making it atleast on par!

I agree that there are a lot of very constructive and dynamic ideas that come from our community. Honestly I feel that a large amount of ideas that are posted here are development worthy.

The issue is everyone feels they have to open their mouths before putting an honest effort into why they are saying. The end result is a very brief whimper, whine or moan.

Now I'm not going to label everyone a whiner so remember that.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jagex has a track record of doing something the community doesn't like, then clamming up for a few days. If it reaches a certain uproar, they will address it eventually. Climbing boots come to mind when I think of the situation. Albeit, this is much smaller in the grand scheme.

Now, I don't want to be labeled as a '07scape whiner'. I supported the movement after hearing of the vote, and I enjoy spending time on the old servers. I also enjoy the current game. I LOVE quests. Especially huge ones like this.

That said, a major update like this being put off a week isn't a big deal to me anymore. I used to track the BTS hardcore. Wait every first day of the month to see what was upcoming. If it came as planned, great. If not, I wasn't happy. However, I grew to accept the fact that they won't be able to push out all content they 'promise' every week or month. It was their fault for creating this new weekly BTS, that put immense pressure on them. They should've never done that. However, I would rather them keep pushing out BTS and regular content. Even if it gets delayed.

Yes, the cause of this delay was most likely from 07scape. They will never admit to it. They know they said it wouldn't effect real-game updates. They also said that when the servers came up that resources would initially be taken away to get them running. They stuck themselves in a tight squeeze. They rushed the "beta 07 servers" to try to get more instant memberships and votes. I'm sure it probably worked.

Maybe I look at the situation differently than others. The only difference I see with this delayed update compared to all the others is that there is finally something to point the finger at. That said, and as others have said, you shouldn't vent at the people who support 07scape. That is the wrong place to aim the frustration.

Ramble complete. Goodnight.

nautica.png

nautica.png

We are dealing with it the same way the RS2007 crowd were dealing with things when they didn't go their way. If there's one thing to take out of this whole experience, apparently the way to get things done on RS is to whine, spam, abuse and harass everyone across your path for months like petulant children, and even if you're merely a minority, Jagex will give in.

To me that sounded like "My little brother screamed and acted out when he didn't get what he wanted, when he wanted it. That's why I'm doing it as well." Just because someone else acts like a child, doesn't mean others can't take the high road.

The only people who doubt what happened or don't "know" what happened are those who want to believe credulously in Jagex's innocence. That's willful ignorance, or perhaps delusion, it's not a genuine lack of evidence. To anyone else who is truly interested in the truth of the matter, merely examining the facts for no more than 30 seconds should set them straight.

Or the people who wholeheartedly don't care (me) or those who aren't active in a community where speculation without facts is what really happened. I had this week off, and the update I got to immerse myself in was the bestiary. You don't see me going on a wild rampage of rage. Sure, Jagex could be lying and I remember how much rage i fueled back when SoF went microtransaction-based, but I guess I don't care what Jagex say anymore. I just enjoy what they produce, whenever that may be released.

Snip

Would you then like me to prove that that proof is authentic? Then prove that proof? Or shall I cut to the part where you expect me to prove the concept of proof itself?

I have not seen any basic proof about it in the first place, quit trying to make smart ass comments and avoiding what I am actually saying.

You already look whiny and immature, you're not helping yourself.

Robbstarkded.png

As an aside, this was always the hazard of Jagex bringing back monthly BTS posts. I think they're a good thing overall, but at least beforehand we wouldn't have known RS07 had postponed another update, and carried on in blissful ignorance.