Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

To me that sounded like "My little brother screamed and acted out when he didn't get what he wanted, when he wanted it. That's why I'm doing it as well." Just because someone else acts like a child, doesn't mean others can't take the high road.

But we've more or less proven that it's the only thing Jagex listens to, and it's a hell of a double standard when one group is encouraged to do it (By way of a "poll") and another is ignored (at best).

To me that sounded like "My little brother screamed and acted out when he didn't get what he wanted, when he wanted it. That's why I'm doing it as well." Just because someone else acts like a child, doesn't mean others can't take the high road.

But we've more or less proven that it's the only thing Jagex listens to, and it's a hell of a double standard when one group is encouraged to do it (By way of a "poll") and another is ignored (at best).

It has the potential to be listened to. If it guaranteed they would listen, I wouldn't have to x out an annoying green goblin shouting "Yaaaay" everytime I log in.

Crying and having a fit may work in some cases, but not in other cases. Just like not crying and not having a fit works in some cases, and doesn't in others.

I find it silly and slightly disappointing that people feel they have to do it to get Jagex's attention, even if it's the only way to do so.

Not giving players all the blame, Jagex are nowhere near perfect when it comes to listening. My above comment still stands though.

That analogy might hold, if there was a sensible parent figure involved in RS. You see, when my younger brother used to engage in that sort of behaviour, my parents were smart enough not to encourage him, or reward him for it. It taught my brother that he can't be a self-absorbed child, and it taught me that I shouldn't replicate that behaviour either. In RS, the closest thing to a parent figure, Jagex, has decided that they are going to reward the people who have been screaming, whining, harassing, and spamming for months.If Jagex is allowed to get away with this, it sets an extremely dangerous precedent. They have went far out of their way, to ignore one group which was grievously wronged, while rewarding another group that was owed nothing simply because the latter group engaged in hysteric childishness for months. It's about holding Jagex accountable.

• Like 2

Mod Osborne allegedly posted a tweet (on twitter) where he is alleged to have said that TWW was indeed delayed because of 2007. Apparently the tweet has been taken down, as have all links to it from RSOF. Does anyone have any information on this?

Also, on the Q&A, one single J-Mod unwittingly admitted that he alone spent 80 hours on the 2007 servers. Geez, I wonder if he had spent merely 10-15 hours of that time on the Quest, would it have been ready?

And of course, there is still no word on the RSOF from a J-Mod (including in that 500+ post thread started by a F-Mod), and censorship of non-rule breaking posts is still rampant.

Even if the story about Mod Osborne is false, the second alone should dispel any doubts about what truly transpired.

Mod Osborne allegedly posted a tweet (on twitter) where he is alleged to have said that TWW was indeed delayed because of 2007. Apparently the tweet has been taken down, as have all links to it from RSOF. Does anyone have any information on this?

This is the only image from twitter I could find, not sure if it's faked or not.

worldwakesdelayed.png

Edited by Kaida23
fixed image link

Great, thanks. Now all we need is to verify if that screenshot is faked or not. If it is true, it's even more blatant deceit than before. So not only did they delay the quest, spend a great deal of effort on 2007 at the cost of 2013, but they also had the guy that was directly responsible for the TWW quest (Mod Osborne) parade around in 2007? Bullshit.

Looking at the BTS, it's obvious there was a no-update week planned for February...

Which woulda been last week since money-grabscape aside they just did a tiny update for some week-before launch quest teasers.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Inb4 TWW isn't released today

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

The bts video for it isn't out til friday, it's not coming this week.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The bts video for it isn't out til friday, it's not coming this week.

Well.... [bleep].

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Also this is the only other picture to my knowledge:

JX51HPM.jpg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Monday 4th...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Monday 4th...

Given usual update schedule Tuesday 5th or Wednesday 6th is more likely.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Who said a behind the scenes video can't be released after the quest?

It's possible but they've also never done it, if an update is postponed the BTS has always been postponed too and we have confirmation that TWW has been delayed and in Jagex lingo 'delayed' means 1 of 3 things depending on context:

1) An update known to be somewhere in dev - delayed means its probably been set back by several months.

2) An update in the BTS article - delayed means its been pushed bk a week.

3) An update that the BTS vid aired for and posts on forums give us info - delayed is given a context to either be few hours later than the eta give previously or delayed until tomorrow etc.

Given that it falls into context two and the Mod Sowerely(dp?) confirmation of delayed specifically says 'It gives Mod Anna another week to polish it' its safe to say its next week.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

[qfc]16-17-169-64311042[/qfc]

Finally official notice!

• Like 1

Account Help

Who said a behind the scenes video can't be released after the quest?

It can but I think it's unlikely.

Next week Behind the scenes talks to Mods Ana and Osborne about the incredible top secret sequel to 'While Guthix Sleeps': The World Wakes

It is possible but I highly doubt it. It would mean that this week's video will be more like a "making of" instead of a "Behind the scenes".

If they don't release the quest this week. I hope they'll at least release the new BTS video today. :(

I really can't wait for the new quest.

EDIT: Just saw Lioness' post. BTS will be friday. Well at least now we know when. :)

EDIT EDIT:

We've got some tantalising World Wakes-related goodies coming this week too: in Friday's Behind the Scenes video, Mod Ana will take you on a tour of some of the quest's content, and there's an extra-cool surprise coming during the week as well. Keep an eye on the news for more details!

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

The extra-cool surprise sounds to me like "quick get Ana etc. to make another slightly bigger teaser to try and calm down all the pr-fail rage at this being delayed due to 07scape"

But at the same time can't complain that we get SOMETHING to look forward to at least.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's great that Jagex finally learned how to read and write over the weekend. You see, their illiteracy prevented them from reading the hundreds of complaints lodged by thousands of players on the forums over the past weekend, and it also prevented them from writing a proper response out until now! It wasn't malice, it was just the usual incompetence! [/sarcasm]

Still not good enough. There's absolutely no reason why there wasn't an apology and an explanation last week, instead they completely ignored everyone and went through with whatever they wanted.

People still seem unhappy on rsof, Jagex did a typical half ass effort of PR, simply apologizing for a delay was not enough this time. There is still no word on what caused this delay, at least have the balls to be honest Jagex, was it delayed so you could prioritise your nostalgia servers or genuine issues with the quest? That is the question that everyone cares about and until they come clean it's just going to rub players up the wrong way and no matter how many 'extra-cool surprises' you throw our way won't take away from the disappointment and anger players are feeling towards the company and these 07 servers.

In all honesty this quest excited me enough to come back and maintain my QP cape, now all the excitement and hype for this seems to be dwindling away, I just hope JAgex make this quest as good as they're promising to make it worthwhile after such delays and false hope.

EDIT: if this is precedent for future updates, Jagex better get there act together and learn to prioritise updates correctly.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I don't know why the apology wasn't enough? Even if you weren't distracted with 2007scape, the fact that they said anything on the matter other than "yeah shut up guys, it's coming" is a little surprising. I think it should at least be acknowledged they made a bit of improvement there.

hzvjpwS.gif