Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

We also can't be certain we saw Bandos, though it does seem to be him.

"God against God"

And his belt has Bandos' symbol...

I think we can be reasonably certain that that's him, since he is fighting Saradomin...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

"God against God"

I think we can be reasonably certain that that's him, since he is fighting Saradomin...

I know its a reasonably assumption given the context but since we have no prior confirmation of such an event occurring we cannot 100% say that it is Bandos - only that it is certainly someone on the Bandos team.

I mean we only can say Guthix is Guthix because he is literally introduced as Guthix and shown doing the things Guthix is doing. Zamorak we only know because he is shown doing something we know happened. Saradomin we only know because we've seen him before. Nothing in the video or in other lore give us a 100% confirmation that the pig-faced guy is Bandos himself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You're right...

It could be MMG suffering from some mutated strain of the swine-flu...

[/sarcasm]

I said "reasonably" certain...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

"God against God"

I know its a reasonably assumption given the context but since we have no prior confirmation of such an event occurring we cannot 100% say that it is Bandos - only that it is certainly someone on the Bandos team.

I mean we only can say Guthix is Guthix because he is literally introduced as Guthix and shown doing the things Guthix is doing. Zamorak we only know because he is shown doing something we know happened. Saradomin we only know because we've seen him before. Nothing in the video or in other lore give us a 100% confirmation that the pig-faced guy is Bandos himself.

But at the time that clip was shown it said God vs God, then went to two followers with the line follower vs follower or something along those lines, then the line about fighting there own masters and the clip of Zamorak stabbing Zaros. So based on this evidence it seems that we did indeed see Bandos. But nothing is for sure until we see it in-game.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

"God against God"

But at the time that clip was shown it said God vs God, then went to two followers with the line follower vs follower or something along those lines, then the line about fighting there own masters and the clip of Zamorak stabbing Zaros. So based on this evidence it seems that we did indeed see Bandos. But nothing is for sure until we see it in-game.

Which is why its a reasonable assumption - but since it did not say it was Bandos it is extremely easy for them to decide it is not him.

Add in a race of pig-faced ork-type monsters boom suddenly not Bandos.

Make a quest or lores tory that mentions Saradomin fighting a pig-faced champion of Bandos boom suddenly not Bandos.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wow. Definitely the best teaser video I've seen yet. :thumbsup:

Kim's right, they should make this the game teaser. It would only need a few more scenes at the end as a lead in, maybe a few in-game shots of fighting some of the larger and more menacing monsters, culminating with: "Are you the hero Gielinor has been waiting for?"

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

"God against God"

well how many other gigantic orge like gods do we know of :wink:

meamzed.png

there's no repeated symbol to be the 2 'e's

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

there's no repeated symbol to be the 2 'e's

Clearly you have NEVER been in the Wilderness Volcano before...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

would explain why the hell seren's gone and the city's disappeared

City was already explained in the last quest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have been reading up some of the lore, and part of the Kharshai miniquest has been somewhat troubling, if not a hole in the storyline (unless resolved). So apparently the Mahjarrats have an innate ability to sense the presence of each other. But does that mean they can detect their exact location too? Some evidence suggests no, after all, in the past Mahjarrats such as Bilach have gone into hiding, and other Mahjarrats pursuing them (such as Lucien/Moia) were unable to immediately detect his presence. Other evidence suggests yes, after Kharshai regained his memory, Enahkra as well as her Zarosian counterpart were immediately able to teleport to Kharshai. Also, if the innate awareness of each other did not allow them to detect their exact presence, then why did Kharshai bother hiding his memories? For if they wouldn't be able to tell his exact location, he could have just retained his Mahjarrat form; sure the others would know he still lived but they wouldn't have been able to find him, right? Some might say he chose to hide as to also prevent the decay of his power, but I thought that was an unforeseen side-effect that he learned of after his memories were rediscovered?

If the innate ability to detect each other does not render their precise locations to others, then that's all fine. But if it does, then wouldn't the Mahjarrats be constantly fighting each other? According to the lore, during some of the previous Rituals, the Zammy Mahjarrats vastly outnumbered Zarosian Mahjarrats, so if they could detect each other's locations, then wouldn't the Zammy Mahjarrats launch sneak attacks or something? Wouldn't the Zammy Mahjarrats launched an attack on Azzandra immediately upon his return? The details seem sketchy. Can this ability allow them to locate their fellow Mahjarrat? Is there a way to hide from the ability aside from Kharshai's mind-wipe? If there isn't, how else has Azzandra managed to stay hidden, avoid the wrath of the Zammy Mahjarrats for so long, after his return? Also, wouldn't that have also made Jhallan's plan to hide useless, if others could simply sense him out?

I have been reading up some of the lore, and part of the Kharshai miniquest has been somewhat troubling, if not a hole in the storyline (unless resolved). So apparently the Mahjarrats have an innate ability to sense the presence of each other. But does that mean they can detect their exact location too? Some evidence suggests no, after all, in the past Mahjarrats such as Bilach have gone into hiding, and other Mahjarrats pursuing them (such as Lucien/Moia) were unable to immediately detect his presence. Other evidence suggests yes, after Kharshai regained his memory, Enahkra as well as her Zarosian counterpart were immediately able to teleport to Kharshai. Also, if the innate awareness of each other did not allow them to detect their exact presence, then why did Kharshai bother hiding his memories? For if they wouldn't be able to tell his exact location, he could have just retained his Mahjarrat form; sure the others would know he still lived but they wouldn't have been able to find him, right? Some might say he chose to hide as to also prevent the decay of his power, but I thought that was an unforeseen side-effect that he learned of after his memories were rediscovered?

If the innate ability to detect each other does not render their precise locations to others, then that's all fine. But if it does, then wouldn't the Mahjarrats be constantly fighting each other? According to the lore, during some of the previous Rituals, the Zammy Mahjarrats vastly outnumbered Zarosian Mahjarrats, so if they could detect each other's locations, then wouldn't the Zammy Mahjarrats launch sneak attacks or something? Wouldn't the Zammy Mahjarrats launched an attack on Azzandra immediately upon his return? The details seem sketchy. Can this ability allow them to locate their fellow Mahjarrat? Is there a way to hide from the ability aside from Kharshai's mind-wipe? If there isn't, how else has Azzandra managed to stay hidden, avoid the wrath of the Zammy Mahjarrats for so long, after his return? Also, wouldn't that have also made Jhallan's plan to hide useless, if others could simply sense him out?

Its quite simple:

1) Whilst they CAN do it, it only functions when they are trying to find someone or when already near them.

2) Sudden fluctuations are automatically detected - such as Kharsi being restored, Azzandra being release etc.

3) All those successfully hidden had extra factors - Kharshi eradicated his memory, Bilrach was masked by the strange powers deep within daemonheim, Anthankos was being hidden by Enkhara.

4) Azzandra was never hidden - Zemourgoul's notes clearly state they know where he is and that he is very powerful so they haven't dared release him themselves but they must do soon whilst there are enough Zamorakians left to handle him.

5) They don't attack and kill each other for the sake of it, they hold each other in respect despite differences and avoid killing each other outside of the ritual as that would be of no advantage to any of them - 1 mahjaratt sacrifice needed per ritual to rejuvenate themselves and only 9-10 remain (subject to discovery of Bilrach's fate, though Kharsi's comment on his neutrality and the others being balanced implies 9 (Azzandra Sliske, Anthankos and Wahisietiel vs Zemourgoul, Enkhara, Khazard and Hazeel with Kharsi as neutraal centre)

6) Jhallan's effort was not futile - it is implied other mahjaratt have survived successfully this way, plus with everyone gathered no single mahjarattian presence should be overly noticeable without particularly focus being paid. This is inferred as only Lucien, in his Stone of Jas fueled state, notices Jhallan.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

14cr3ms.png

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

My god, I can't waitttttttttttttt

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

would explain why the hell seren's gone and the city's disappeared

City was already explained in the last quest.

yeah, city's gone cause the seed reverted.

why did the seed revert?

8f14270694.jpg