Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

4) Azzandra was never hidden - Zemourgoul's notes clearly state they know where he is and that he is very powerful so they haven't dared release him themselves but they must do soon whilst there are enough Zamorakians left to handle him.

I was referring to after Azzandra's release. If he was such a feared and powerful whose loyalty to Zaros was unwavering, why wouldn't Zemourgoul and Co. sense his release and try to deal with him right away (especially since Zemourgoul seems to be contemplating doing that already) rather than letting Azzandra scheme away in the desert/digsite and what not?

Could they have? Azzandra was a match for post-artifact Lucien, and he leads the Zarosian faction. I get the feeling that they couldn't stop him if they wanted to.

^Alg's point is very good - Azzandra is too powerful they CAN'T hope to kill him without working as a team and all we have seen shows the Mahjaratt are useless at that.

Plus again they have NO desire to 'deal with him' outside of the ritual - doing so just shortens their lifespan.

This is a VITAL part of mahjaratt lore you seem to be missing - they DO NOT want to kill each other EVER outside of the ritual because the ritual requires a sacrifice to work and with no females* left they have a finite number of sacrifices. Wasting any by killing them early just shortens their lifespan by several hundred years - this is why Enkhara and Anthankos don't try to kill each other despite being the two who are in a very obvious head-to-head all the time.

*No females that will actually mate since Enkhara is in love with Zammy and won't.

5) They don't attack and kill each other for the sake of it, they hold each other in respect despite differences and avoid killing each other outside of the ritual as that would be of no advantage to any of them - 1 mahjaratt sacrifice needed per ritual to rejuvenate themselves and only 9-10 remain (subject to discovery of Bilrach's fate, though Kharsi's comment on his neutrality and the others being balanced implies 9 (Azzandra Sliske, Anthankos and Wahisietiel vs Zemourgoul, Enkhara, Khazard and Hazeel with Kharsi as neutraal centre)

While I do think that's plausible logically that they would abstain from fighting one another given that they are dependent, biologically, upon one other for survival, it's also true that the race as a whole is quite bloodthirsty, warlike, and split between the factions of Zaros and Zammy. But even if we accept this theory, it's known from Zemourgoul's notes that there times when he was looking for other Mahjarrats as sacrifices who were hiding from him. If he has the ability to search for them, why wouldn't he do that rather than leaving it to luck/chance that he might find Lamistard?

6) Jhallan's effort was not futile - it is implied other mahjaratt have survived successfully this way, plus with everyone gathered no single mahjarattian presence should be overly noticeable without particularly focus being paid. This is inferred as only Lucien, in his Stone of Jas fueled state, notices Jhallan.

Where is it implied that this tactic has been successful? Interesting. RS wikia, unreliable though it is, suggests that his weakness (having skipped the last few rituals) makes him "exposed".

5 - Nothing says he left it to luck/chance to find sacrifices - thought notably he cannot just decide as they all come together and fight with the loser being sacrificed. Lamistard happened to tunnel into his basement as he was trying to hide so Zemergoul locked him up until the ritual where he could be used. Also why bother seeking anyone out? It is established in the run up to the ritual they are running low on power and weakened, plus all (or most) of them are going to come to the ritual of their own volition - no pont spending magic and effort chasing down people who are gonna come to you anyway.

Also none of the notes say he actively searched for anyone.

Anthankos says 'if he can be caught he could be a good sacrifice choice' but it doesn't say anything about actually actively chasing him down.

Mizzarch says 'he is an easy target' - again no tracking down

Lamistard says 'Could be the next one we choose to lose the next fight.' - again no chasing down mentioned.

Azzandra, Bilrach, Enkhara, Hazeel, Jhallan, Khazard, Kharshai, Lucien, Ralvash, Sliske, Wahisietel and Zemergoul say nothing of the sort about being sought out.

As for tunnelling working it is implied simply because Jhallan thought it would work, as did Lamistard and notably neither were discovered in normal ways - Lamistard bodged the tunnel and Jhallan was caught out by Lucien's Stone of Jas power.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's possible guthix can change his form? :P

I believe all the Gods have that power. But it's not explicitly stated anywhere, just sort of implied - strongly in the case of Guthix.

Also, Mod Emile has confirmed that the quest will be today. Cheers.

I believe all the Gods have that power. But it's not explicitly stated anywhere, just sort of implied - strongly in the case of Guthix.

It is confirmed Guthix can shape-shift; it said so in the old god letters and was discussed earlier in this thread - Even in the BTS video they mention the butterfly artefact we find being shaped like 'one of guthix's forms'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It is confirmed Guthix can shape-shift; it said so in the old god letters and was discussed earlier in this thread - Even in the BTS video they mention the butterfly artefact we find being shaped like 'one of guthix's forms'

Yeah, I was 99% sure in the case of the Guthix, but I am unsure with regards to the others. I sort of assume that they can.

Yeah, I was 99% sure in the case of the Guthix, but I am unsure with regards to the others. I sort of assume that they can.

Yeah it would make sense if they can, I mean Amascut has been shown to do so, Mahajaratt can do it and even we the player can do it on several occasions.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wonder if we should expect a world even post update?

A bit dramatic, don't ya think? :wink:

Do you honestly think that guthix will let us go unnoticed cracking into his (past) resting place. Maybe so, but it is such a big piece to things.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Estimated 2PM Forum Time for quest release today, according to the sticked thread on RSOF future updates

I have a damned lecture then, damn you Jagex!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Estimated 2PM Forum Time for quest release today, according to the sticked thread on RSOF future updates

I have a damned lecture then, damn you Jagex!

How many hours from now?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I find the lack of requirements (and their intention to do the same more and more in the future) to be troubling. A GM quest by definition should not be accessible to everyone. Why should those people who haven't been here for Chapters 1-5 get to be here for the finale. It's just odd storytelling to me. Also, it's just another instances of Jagex easing the game for no reason (which will be detrimental long term). Instead of people having to sort of work for this, people can just instantly go and get started? Seems odd to me. 'The most important quest ever', is supposedly the antitheisis of all quests in this one respect, barely no requirements? Like I said, they're shooting themselves into the foot.

This is not unlike a rant I made several years ago when they released "While Guthix Sleeps", only at that time my comments were aimed at the rewards portion of that quest and the fact that, while one had to complete a quests in order to wield/wear Rune Plate and the Dragon Square Shield. no such requirements were placed on Dragon Plate (and later the Dragon Kite Shield).

At that time, I felt that it was a poor choice on Jagex's part to discontinue the need for certain requirements in order to gain access to specific gear.

Now they want to "do away" with quest requirements in order to allow such content to become more accessible. Frankly, I cannot help but think that this is a mistake. From my experience, most people who "don't do quests" are of the type and nature that "quest requirements" aren't the reason they avoid them. They avoid quests because they don't "want" to do them.

Of course, the fact that they're limiting their own game play and effectively reducing their access to half the game, entirely escapes them as well, but that's their loss ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

It's almost 1pm GMT so expect the 1 hour message to pop up soon.

ETA's given by Mod Emilee etc are ETA to the start of the update process - eg if they say eta 2pm the 1 hour warn pops at 2pm.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

ETA's given by Mod Emilee etc are ETA to the start of the update process - eg if they say eta 2pm the 1 hour warn pops at 2pm.

No, that shouldn't be how it is. The one hour warn was created for those in dangerous situations or timed situations to have time to prepare themselves before getting autokicked from the server. After the one hour time we get the ten minute countdown for the actual update. That countdown is the actual 'update'.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You're probably right, I'm not usually on around update days.

Sylpheed.png

This is not unlike a rant I made several years ago when they released "While Guthix Sleeps", only at that time my comments were aimed at the rewards portion of that quest and the fact that, while one had to complete a quests in order to wield/wear Rune Plate and the Dragon Square Shield. no such requirements were placed on Dragon Plate (and later the Dragon Kite Shield).

At that time, I felt that it was a poor choice on Jagex's part to discontinue the need for certain requirements in order to gain access to specific gear.

Now they want to "do away" with quest requirements in order to allow such content to become more accessible. Frankly, I cannot help but think that this is a mistake. From my experience, most people who "don't do quests" are of the type and nature that "quest requirements" aren't the reason they avoid them. They avoid quests because they don't "want" to do them.

Of course, the fact that they're limiting their own game play and effectively reducing their access to half the game, entirely escapes them as well, but that's their loss ...

:rolleyes:

IMO it's starting to get to be a quite a pain in the ass when the skill requirements are passing lvl 50-60s, where the xp'ing really starts to take time, you know, from things like questing. Jagex really should put more emphasis on actual questing and make a proper flow where you don't suddenly need to jump from a quest series to grinding for days.
Don't you find it fascinating that the signatures tend to take more space than posts themselves

No, that shouldn't be how it is. The one hour warn was created for those in dangerous situations or timed situations to have time to prepare themselves before getting autokicked from the server. After the one hour time we get the ten minute countdown for the actual update. That countdown is the actual 'update'.

I fail to see your point, I never said there would be no 1 hour; I was just pointing out the ETA's given by Jmods on the forums have always coincided with the 1 hour warning, which marks the start of the entire update process, not with the time the update will a ctually be in-game.

How it works is Mod Emilee reports an ETA of 2pm

That means AT 2pm the 1 hour to update warning pops

Then at 3pm the update happens.

I've been online for nearly every update for the past 5 years and always check for rsof etas - I know how they work by now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Kind of makes sense that Jagex would open this quest with only having 1 req of 140cb, you do the quest but cant gain all the rewards because of the tease to make you actually go do more quests, seriously, they go backwards to go forwards in their game and introduce 07, then they open a few skills to tantalize those in f2p with the hope of expanding on member accounts to the inflated record of 2m. Very clever Jagex.

I believe that the reason they only had a requirement of 140 combat was because they wanted everyone to be able to do the quest. This is because Jagex is planning that every new update is based on that the events of TWW had already happened.

They don't want people to be confused in future quest that relies on that you have see what happens in TWW.

Soooo has anyone worked out what the last bookcase from Brink of Extinction says yet?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015