Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

would explain why the hell seren's gone and the city's disappeared

City was already explained in the last quest.

yeah, city's gone cause the seed reverted.

why did the seed revert?

Jor-El was mad at Kal-El and decided to revert the fortress of solitude back into it's crystal.

bGmskuB.gif

He's Druidic in form and shows more of a growth of horns from himself.

On another note I'm guessing the gloves will come from the slayer requirement. The pet might be summoning or even both.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Call me a nerd, but that top symbol is the exact one Gandalf drew on Bilbo's door to guide the dwarfs. Hur hur.

So Guthix just wanted to invite the other gods on an adventure and they got scared and ran away from the plane? What a downer :sad:

The rune Gandalf drew on Bilbo's door was the G.

Maybe it spells "Guthix" in this version?

EDIT: It's a G in dwarven runes (Middle Earth) but an F in regular runes.

[hide=dwarven runes]voq3ja.png

[/hide]

[hide=regular runes]1z2hxdk.jpg

[/hide]

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Honestly I think I liken guthix look to the night elves of WoW. I mean he's much more flashy in a "nature" way than the meak and lowly Druids under him.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't see the appeal in an ethereal ghost skull that has facial features suggesting severe disability.

But that's just me.

They could have even played up the nature aspect using the skull as a base and including roots, vines, creepers, etc. as the tendrils; with things growing and dying within him. Even better they could have made him composed of an amalgamation of things in nature kind of like the maro-sorcerer multani from MTG.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't think it was just a coincidence that they showed Guthix in the form they did.

Considering just how much his portrayed form (Which isn't his true form or his only form, mind you--it's just the one Jagex thought made the most visual sense to a non-'Scaper for a video--so don't get upset that he isn't a skull anymore just yet.) looks like a Gorajo, I'm guessing its some sort of hint to Guthix's origins or something else relating to the gods. I'm eager to see what crazy revelations come out of TWW, especially since it appears that we'll finally know a lot more about Guthix, the first age, the Elder Gods, and the reason things are as they are.

By the way they've been describing it, it seems like there will be a main storyline to the quest that gets elaborated and connected to the other major questlines afterwards if you've completed the required quests. This works perfectly, considering that this quest will be the basis of most of the World Event and story-driven content in the coming years.. Not sure they could have done it any way else.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I don't see the appeal in an ethereal ghost skull that has facial features suggesting severe disability.

But that's just me.

It's worth noting that they've also changed the other two 'main' gods since discontinuing the god letters (And from their old cameos and statues). Original Zamorak looked like a werewolf, then a generic horned humanoid (Exhibit A), original Saradomin was Charles Darwin (Exhibit B).

I get the impression that they've solidified the backstory/canon/'plot' of the game since then.

Call me a nerd, but that top symbol is the exact one Gandalf drew on Bilbo's door to guide the dwarfs. Hur hur.

So Guthix just wanted to invite the other gods on an adventure and they got scared and ran away from the plane? What a downer :sad:

The rune Gandalf drew on Bilbo's door was the G.

Maybe it spells "Guthix" in this version?

It's because

[hide]

Guthix is actually Gandalf, it's going to be the big plot twist at the end of TWW

[/hide]

• Like 2

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I really like the look of the dungeon, it reminds me of the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. Whenever I run into something like that I always feel calm/content and happy, even where it doesn't really fit with the feel of the story (like the dungeon of Nomad's Requiem).

The fact that people can play through this quest and not be majorly confused/spoiled for previous quests makes me think that any connections to current grandmaster storylines will be small appearances that will be nice for the people who did the other quests, but will be glossed over without any feeling of holes by those who didn't.

Will the new abilities be unlocked by playing through the quest, or are they just being released at around the same time?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

But that's just me.

It's worth noting that they've also changed the other two 'main' gods since discontinuing the god letters (And from their old cameos and statues). Original Zamorak looked like a werewolf, then a generic horned humanoid (Exhibit A), original Saradomin was Charles Darwin (Exhibit B).

I get the impression that they've solidified the backstory/canon/'plot' of the game since then.

Well the god letters period as a whole has basically been retconed since it was built on the premise of RS only having 3 gods - Sara, zammy and guthix all of whom were brothers and created the world together. It was a lore built for a small game never designed for great expansion or longevity that has been completely revamped over the years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm not sure how this quest is going to work, I assumed elements of other quests - WGS, RoTM and the other Mahjarrat quests (esp. bringing Zaros back) would play a fairly significant role. Unless the actual quest is split into a modular structure as well as the rewards, I'm not sure how well linked into current quests it's going to be.

I hope it comes out on Tuesday not Monday, I'll be busy on Monday and too tempted to look at spoilers :s

Asmodean <3

Well, I stil hope for a monday, because all my lectures are cancelled on monday; while tuesday and wednesday I will be doing university stuff. :P

AND I just can't wait, so they'd better release the damn thing as soon as possible. :P

I think I'm going to be too ill to go into college on Tuesday... :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm hoping for a monday.

Got a stupid job interview training thing all day tues and weds I have to go out right around update time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorry, I had meant to reply to you earlier but it slipped my mind:

Its quite simple:

1) Whilst they CAN do it, it only functions when they are trying to find someone or when already near them.

So can they use it to find another Mahjarrat or not? Or only in certain cases?

2) Sudden fluctuations are automatically detected - such as Kharsi being restored, Azzandra being release etc.

3) All those successfully hidden had extra factors - Kharshi eradicated his memory, Bilrach was masked by the strange powers deep within daemonheim, Anthankos was being hidden by Enkhara.

Makes sense, particularly #3.

4) Azzandra was never hidden - Zemourgoul's notes clearly state they know where he is and that he is very powerful so they haven't dared release him themselves but they must do soon whilst there are enough Zamorakians left to handle him.

I was referring to after Azzandra's release. If he was such a feared and powerful whose loyalty to Zaros was unwavering, why wouldn't Zemourgoul and Co. sense his release and try to deal with him right away (especially since Zemourgoul seems to be contemplating doing that already) rather than letting Azzandra scheme away in the desert/digsite and what not?

5) They don't attack and kill each other for the sake of it, they hold each other in respect despite differences and avoid killing each other outside of the ritual as that would be of no advantage to any of them - 1 mahjaratt sacrifice needed per ritual to rejuvenate themselves and only 9-10 remain (subject to discovery of Bilrach's fate, though Kharsi's comment on his neutrality and the others being balanced implies 9 (Azzandra Sliske, Anthankos and Wahisietiel vs Zemourgoul, Enkhara, Khazard and Hazeel with Kharsi as neutraal centre)

While I do think that's plausible logically that they would abstain from fighting one another given that they are dependent, biologically, upon one other for survival, it's also true that the race as a whole is quite bloodthirsty, warlike, and split between the factions of Zaros and Zammy. But even if we accept this theory, it's known from Zemourgoul's notes that there times when he was looking for other Mahjarrats as sacrifices who were hiding from him. If he has the ability to search for them, why wouldn't he do that rather than leaving it to luck/chance that he might find Lamistard?

6) Jhallan's effort was not futile - it is implied other mahjaratt have survived successfully this way, plus with everyone gathered no single mahjarattian presence should be overly noticeable without particularly focus being paid. This is inferred as only Lucien, in his Stone of Jas fueled state, notices Jhallan.

Where is it implied that this tactic has been successful? Interesting. RS wikia, unreliable though it is, suggests that his weakness (having skipped the last few rituals) makes him "exposed".

4) Azzandra was never hidden - Zemourgoul's notes clearly state they know where he is and that he is very powerful so they haven't dared release him themselves but they must do soon whilst there are enough Zamorakians left to handle him.

I was referring to after Azzandra's release. If he was such a feared and powerful whose loyalty to Zaros was unwavering, why wouldn't Zemourgoul and Co. sense his release and try to deal with him right away (especially since Zemourgoul seems to be contemplating doing that already) rather than letting Azzandra scheme away in the desert/digsite and what not?

Could they have? Azzandra was a match for post-artifact Lucien, and he leads the Zarosian faction. I get the feeling that they couldn't stop him if they wanted to.