Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Soooo has anyone worked out what the last bookcase from Brink of Extinction says yet?

I guess the questers of RS just aren't what they used to be :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Soooo has anyone worked out what the last bookcase from Brink of Extinction says yet?

I guess the questers of RS just aren't what they used to be :P

There's like a massive thread on RSOF where they've tried like everything remotely logical and many illogical things to make it readable to no avail.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How are quests in the past going to work now? Are they going to be like dream sequences? And if so isnt Dream Mentor going to be a inceptiony lol?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Only these quests

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

Are to be considered 'the past' as of next week and all it means is 2 things:

1) Any game content will use npcs/events from these without requiring them.

2) When you begin any of them there will be a small message to say they are essentially a flashback.

From RSOF Runescape Timeline sticky

My problem with this list is some quest series aren't entirely in there:

eg Missing My Mummy requires

But none of these are included in the past list so presumably aren't the past? Based on the fact all parts of Zanik story are listed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Only these quests

• The Lost Tribe

• Death to the Dorgeshuun

• Another Slice of HAM

• Land of the Goblins

• The Chosen Commander

• Tail of Two Cats

• Enakhra's Lament

• Fight Arena

• Hazeel Cult

• Temple of Ikov

• Desert Treasure

• Tale of the Muspah

• Missing My Mummy

• Defender of Varrock

• The Curse of Arrav

• While Guthix Sleeps

• Ritual of the Mahjarrat

• The World Wakes

• The Firemaker's Curse

• Temple at Senntisten

Are to be considered 'the past' as of next week and all it means is 2 things:

1) Any game content will use npcs/events from these without requiring them.

2) When you begin any of them there will be a small message to say they are essentially a flashback.

From RSOF Runescape Timeline sticky

My problem with this list is some quest series aren't entirely in there:

eg Missing My Mummy requires

But none of these are included in the past list so presumably aren't the past? Based on the fact all parts of Zanik story are listed.

Dream Mentor is a requirement for WGS, too. :P

I'd put that down to keeping the list managable :P. Prerequisite quests naturally take place before the quests that require them. E.g. you need the whole quest line of Recruitment Drive > Wanted! > Devious Minds > Temple at Senntisten (as well as Wanted! > Slug Menace > ROTM) and there is no way Recruitment Drive takes place after Wanted! :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd put that down to keeping the list managable :P. Prerequisite quests naturally take place before the quests that require them. E.g. you need the whole quest line of Recruitment Drive > Wanted! > Devious Minds > Temple at Senntisten (as well as Wanted! > Slug Menace > ROTM) and there is no way Recruitment Drive takes place before Wanted! :P.

See I'd assume that it's just the inclusion of all the parts of the Zanik line that throws me, like why do that for one series and not for others?

But this is Jagex we are talking about...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I believe they listed the quests which have something meaningful in itself that happened rather than listing all quests and prereqs. For example, Hazel Cult is where Hazel revives..

I would assume it's to keep the list down although you might make a post reminidng them on the forums to actually put a "past" reminder on all of those quests.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMG30PghUA[/media]

Teaser Pictures snagged from the interwebz!

Untitled-2(2).jpg

Untitled-6(2).jpg

Potential.jpg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Very interesting stuff, even if most of it's already in-game.

The upcoming armour reworks for choice of offensive or defensive sounds intriguing - sounds like level-my-x for armour at least.

Stats meaning more sounds like a nice move as well, make pots and 99s worth it again.

Momentum becoming a toggle instead of an ult sounds good too - will make slayer tasks a lot less faff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also love how they range in gano + dragon boots in the video >.<

Updates sound good, I'm curious as to how no caps on bosses is going to work out. %age based abilities are going to be extremely powerful. Dual weild will be better then 2hd

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So they're going to rework prayers and potions again, once stats mean something?

Doesn't sound like it simply prayers and pots boost your stats therefore making stats mean something makes them more useful

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Could someone summarize waht is said in the video? Can't watch it atm :/

Copy/pasted from Reddit:

Summary of video:

Momentum: will become a toggle ability, not an ultimate :D

DW Changes: pulled up to the level of 2h (I think this was already done though)

Hybrid DW: Already changed, as you can have an offhand spell. They will be working on mage abilities

Magic ability: Recent update has reworked magic so that ability damage works similarly to melee/ranged

skills in combat: Attack/magic/ranged will be more influential to hitchance.

Potions: Stats are gonna count more (see above), meaning boosts will mean more

removal of str bonuses from armor: in ~1 month we will see a new armor system: choice of pure defense or sacrificing some of the defense/armor to add to offense.

Crit caps: Bosses cap at 5k, which WILL BE REMOVED

Adrenaline stalling: they dont mind people doing it...In the future, they want to integrate it into the game as a feature.

New abilities coming next week: 2 mage/range basics to "bolster the rotation"

There's another significant update coming out in April.

Next BTS: they will be looking at the art and sound behind the "The Origin of Gielinor"

• Like 4

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It seems interesting. Hopefully they will actually make the weaknesses matter enough that simply using drygores isn't the best method for all monsters. And hopefully fix up the issues with some weaknesses on monsters where you still splash a lot.

I am hoping the abilities help mage and range rotations. The main thing I am concerned with though, is that they didn't actually address that some of mage's abilities are just bad. Not because the damage calculation was bad, but simply because the ability design is bad (combust, or whichever one you can charge up to explode)

Serena_Sedai.png

Could someone summarize waht is said in the video? Can't watch it atm :/

Copy/pasted from Reddit:

Summary of video:

Momentum: will become a toggle ability, not an ultimate biggrin.png

DW Changes: pulled up to the level of 2h (I think this was already done though)

Hybrid DW: Already changed, as you can have an offhand spell. They will be working on mage abilities

Magic ability: Recent update has reworked magic so that ability damage works similarly to melee/ranged

skills in combat: Attack/magic/ranged will be more influential to hitchance.

Potions: Stats are gonna count more (see above), meaning boosts will mean more

removal of str bonuses from armor: in ~1 month we will see a new armor system: choice of pure defense or sacrificing some of the defense/armor to add to offense.

Crit caps: Bosses cap at 5k, which WILL BE REMOVED

Adrenaline stalling: they dont mind people doing it...In the future, they want to integrate it into the game as a feature.

New abilities coming next week: 2 mage/range basics to "bolster the rotation"

There's another significant update coming out in April.

Next BTS: they will be looking at the art and sound behind the "The Origin of Gielinor"

Wait a second. What will happen to the update made for Nex armour?

Will the extra strength set bonus be removed?

Hard to say but from the way they say it ALL armour sets are gonna start at a ground 0 with basic defence and lp stats and then (presumably using level-my-x previously mentioned) will be able to gain more def + lp by choosing the defensive route OR hit bonus/other offensive things with lower lp and def gains.

eg

Bronze Plate would be say 100 lp 100 def

Hit level 1 - pick offence of defence

Bronze plate (1d) would be 200lp 200def

Bronze plate (1o) would be 125lp 125def 25 hit bonus

Or w/e

Thats how I'm taking it anyways.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Perhaps Nex armour will be the first example of high level armour with increased attack and lower defence/lp boost.

They never specified that new armour sets would be released. Not that I'm saying that there's not a chance.

Or a offensive variation of existing armour. Defensive/offensive bronze-rune sets?

The way they said it very expressly called it a 'new armour system' and suggested all existing armour would have the choice of going defensive or offensive.

Hence why I think level-my-x is likely they already mentioned in an 'other news' fairly recently about a soon to be out eoc tweak being our gear getting stronger with us so oft times, for example, your levelled whip will be stronger than a fresh bought chaotic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The way they said it very expressly called it a 'new armour system' and suggested all existing armour would have the choice of going defensive or offensive.

Honestly, I'd rather see this than some entirely new sets that will be exclusively in the hands of merchants for the next few years (I'm not at all bitter about Ahrim's wand, what gave you that idea?)

• Like 4

Honestly, I'd rather see this than some entirely new sets that will be exclusively in the hands of merchants for the next few years (I'm not at all bitter about Ahrim's wand, what gave you that idea?)

Ahrims, Virtus, Drygores, etc. Most of these are fairly out of reach. That isn't necessarily bad, except that the next levels down aren't even in the same ballpark. Especially for wands.

Serena_Sedai.png