Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

2) Marimbo? we havn't gotten any other karamaja gods have we?

6) Is it the tokaar who are an elder item or could they mean the forge instead? then what does that make the tzhaar? and can we then make lesser copies of elder items?

Marimbo isn't Karamajan - he's the monkey god.

Mod Osbourne specifically said the Tokhaar, opposed to the Kiln, but then in many ways to Tokhaar are the living embodiment of the lava from the kiln - so is there really a finite line between the Tokhaar and the kiln?

As for the Thzaar its a curious one but I'd say there's nothing special about them vs the Tokhaar - They just splintered off and lost some memories. They are still essentially the same race genetically and they still require the lava of the kiln to survive (BoE the turning off of that conduit of the Kiln was killing them) and they have the same powers and creatures, just slightly weakened as they have been out of the lava too long. I think of Thzaar and Tokhaar as kind of like an American vs a Brit. They are fundamentally the same species and have the same conditions of life, they just have superficial differences derived from culture.

And Control totally makes sense - Zaros commanded a massive empire and a whole host of powerful races precisely because he had great control and enforced order brutally upon that empire. I mean just look at how his races and empire splintered and in fought without him, the lack of control really ruined them. Plus do not forget Zaros was an exceptionally powerful god - equal or possibly even greater than Guthix in power. He certainly had the means to control such volatile races.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

He certainly had the means to control such volatile races.

Thats the thing though. He didn't.

if he was such a control freak he wouldn't have let any of his follower get strong enough to the point where they could actually pose a threat to him. And would have known to keep on guard because all of his strongest followers would have been constantly trying to break free of his control.

Power fits better then control.

Dragonriders- lend your power to my armies and i'll give you power to continue your lineage.

demons/vampires- help me and i'll give you power over any mortal race who tries to defy me.

marahajatt- help me and you'll each be given power over your own kingdom free from the constant warring of your home world.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

He certainly had the means to control such volatile races.

Thats the thing though. He didn't.

if he was such a control freak he wouldn't have let any of his follower get strong enough to the point where they could actually pose a threat to him. And would have known to keep on guard because all of his strongest followers would have been constantly trying to break free of his control.

Dragonriders- lend your power to my armies and i'll give you power to continue your lineage.

demons/vampires- help me and i'll give you power over any mortal race who tries to defy me.

marahajatt- help me and you'll each be given your own kingdom free from the constant warring of your home world.

But Zamorak only killed him because he was one of the most trusted and favourite generals via clever manoeuvring and he stabbed him in the back, literally.

There was no battle or chance for Zaros to oppose him or stop him.

Just because you have control doesn't mean you can't be blind-sighted.

And no matter how he controlled them all he still did it. He had control of the demons and the dragon riders and the mahjarrat and the vyres etc. Plus their god of status is to do with their ethos for life.

Zaros ethos is to do with controlling the lesser beings for the greater future.

They don;t have to be the ultimate embodiment of their ethos, they are still fallible people.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

11) Explanation of the universe/multiverse thing - Swiss Cheese. Each hole is a universe with a solar system or two and a few planets, the cheese itself is the void known as the abyss which we utilize for teleportation.

amazingawesomefaceteary.gif

Makes sense though and it does kinda iron out the issue we had where everything was shown as a universe but had multiverse references.

Yeah, it makes sense, I'm just not sure what to think of that explanation. On one hand, it's a fairly unique approach to one and they've actually made it work. On the other, it works more or less the same way as a 'vanilla' universe (with some fairly ridiculous flavor, if you know a bit about astronomy), and they could just use the abyss in the same way that other fantasy uses planes.

I guess it depends on what they do. The abyss could actually be pretty unique, if they gave it some attention.

Well, they've been saying the pocket dimension thing for a lot of time, so that explanation makes sense; now it's easy to say in what context they used the term dimension (non-escalating term, meaning they used it in the context of other universe). Turns out it's a mix of both, small worlds with their own natural laws within one universe, and other universes with their respective small worlds and natural laws, which might be different. Now, it should be fun to try and determine in which universe each world is; I guess we can rule out of Gielinor's Universe any world that doesn't follow the same natural laws (such as runecraft altars, or that golden mine with rocks flying around).

Gotta love how they just keep leaving more and more doors open for future content lol...

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

marahajatt- help me and you'll each be given power over your own kingdom free from the constant warring of your home world.

If you do not have the power to subjugate whole races of powerful beings, the next best thing control-wise is to form an alliance with them. "Soft power" vs. "hard power". The USA does not have the power to occupy all of the rich/western/industrialized world (Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan etc.) but it has massive power over them regardless. And I don't think it would be interested in occupying all these countries anyway, even if it had the power, because it takes so much effort. Sometimes it's a much better effort:power ratio to be a bit more distant, allowing your effort to be focused elsewhere for even more power.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

11) Explanation of the universe/multiverse thing - Swiss Cheese. Each hole is a universe with a solar system or two and a few planets, the cheese itself is the void known as the abyss which we utilize for teleportation.

amazingawesomefaceteary.gif

Makes sense though and it does kinda iron out the issue we had where everything was shown as a universe but had multiverse references.

Yeah, it makes sense, I'm just not sure what to think of that explanation. On one hand, it's a fairly unique approach to one and they've actually made it work. On the other, it works more or less the same way as a 'vanilla' universe (with some fairly ridiculous flavor, if you know a bit about astronomy), and they could just use the abyss in the same way that other fantasy uses planes.

I guess it depends on what they do. The abyss could actually be pretty unique, if they gave it some attention.

Well, they've been saying the pocket dimension thing for a lot of time, so that explanation makes sense; now it's easy to say in what context they used the term dimension (non-escalating term, meaning they used it in the context of other universe). Turns out it's a mix of both, small worlds with their own natural laws within one universe, and other universes with their respective small worlds and natural laws, which might be different. Now, it should be fun to try and determine in which universe each world is; I guess we can rule out of Gielinor's Universe any world that doesn't follow the same natural laws (such as runecraft altars, or that golden mine with rocks flying around).

Gotta love how they just keep leaving more and more doors open for future content lol...

Your muddling your references pocket dimensions or pocket realms has only ever been used in relation to the rune crafting altars and the runespan - they are minute as far as the eye can see alternate dimensions created around a particular thing - eg the runecrafting altars or the wizards guild. And most importantly they have all been self created by creatures (directly or indirectly)

This theorem is to do with the broader home worlds of species as created by the Elder Gods. Eg Saradomins seat of powere where Icyene came from, the Avianse home world, Frenaskae, Kethsi, Goblin home world, Guthix homeworld.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

3. Good question! Behind the scenes, we've noted 7 tiers of godhood, with each god on one of the tiers. That doesn't answer your question, but I thought it would be interesting to you. Suffice to say, the path to godhood is a topic that we want to explore.

Here's my shot at it:

Elders

Guthix

Saradomin

Zaros/Zamorak

Bandos/Armadyl/Tumeken/Seren

Karamja gods/Marimbo

Desert Pantheon

Then the sub-gods would be

Dragonkin

Sliske

Us

With the dragonkin and Sliske perhaps switched or equal in power.

3. Good question! Behind the scenes, we've noted 7 tiers of godhood, with each god on one of the tiers. That doesn't answer your question, but I thought it would be interesting to you. Suffice to say, the path to godhood is a topic that we want to explore.

Here's my shot at it:

Guthix

Saradomin

Zaros

Bandos

Armadyl

Tumeken

Desert Pantheon

Then the sub-gods would be

Dragonkin

Sliske

Us

With the dragonkin and Sliske perhaps switched or equal in power.

What about Zamorak, Seren and Marimbo?

Plus lore suggests Zaros was equal to if not more powerful than Guthix, however they also mentioned via the killing thing Zaros will be weakened now putting him equal with Zammy.

Also the Elder gods are the top tier.

I think it'll be more like:

Elder

Guthix (And pre-death Zaros)

Tuska, Skagaroth etc. (basically all the older gods)

Saradomin, Zamorak, Zaros (the younger/weakened gods)

Bandos, Seren and Armadyl (the lesser gods with smaller followings)

Tumeken, Marimbo, Karamjan God, Brassica Prime (the even lesser gods with very narrow followings)

Demigods (Amascut, Ictharlin, Het, Crondis, Scarabas, Ampken)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I sort of misinterpreted what he said. I assumed he meant 1 god per tier, not a current god on each one of the tiers. Revising my list atm.

My main issue is where Tumeken goes.

On the one hand he is described as a god and the origins of gielinor very clearly shows his silhouette when showing 'gods trying to get back in'

Yet at the same time they say the desert pantheon was entirely unaffected by the edicts.

Thinking about it more I'd be tempted to do:

Elders: Jas/Dramen(?) etc.

Supremes: Guthix (pre death Zaros)

Gods: Zaros/Saradomin/Zamorak/Tuska/Skagaroth etc.

Lesser Gods: Bandos/Seren/Armadyl

Ascending Gods: Marimbo/Karamjan Gods/other minor gods

---Limit of the Edicts---

Minor Gods: Tumeken (Brassica Prime)

Demigods: Ictharlin/Amascut/Het/Crondis/Scarabas/Ampken

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't include Tumeken in the desert pantheon. The pantheon are his children and wife. They're not full gods, and thus not affected by the edicts. Tumeken is a god and was affected by them.

It's a tricky one for sure. I'm kinda on the fence as to where he falls now, but I like my later listing the best now. With the exception that Tumeken would be in ascending or lesser if he is edict effected. The tier sub-edict is needed though for Brassica Prime since it is a confirmed god (even in most recent QA) and could appear during Edict times.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Your muddling your references pocket dimensions or pocket realms has only ever been used in relation to the rune crafting altars and the runespan - they are minute as far as the eye can see alternate dimensions created around a particular thing - eg the runecrafting altars or the wizards guild. And most importantly they have all been self created by creatures (directly or indirectly)

This theorem is to do with the broader home worlds of species as created by the Elder Gods. Eg Saradomins seat of powere where Icyene came from, the Avianse home world, Frenaskae, Kethsi, Goblin home world, Guthix homeworld.

Oh don't get me wrong lol, I was just using easy to refer examples, mostly because we haven't seen places like, say, Freneskae, but we know they are *different* compared to Gielinor, and the ones we've seen aren't exactly... well, informing lol.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

1- elders

2- gods who have been around elder artifacts for a long time draining their power to the point where they no longer actually need to keep them. Guthix

3- gods with multiple elder artifacts.

4- gods who have mastered their powers and are starting to collect elder artifacts

5- rising gods who used an elder artifact to drain another god of his/her power and are learning to use their new powers.

6-rising gods who have been around an artifact for long enough to attain god hood but have yet to fully master their new powers.

7- demigods who are created from a god giving up some of his/her power...would that make us technically a demigod then??

think it could be interesting for us to actually climb our way up the god ladder ourselves. Guthix gave us what was left of his power so would that make us a demigod?

We've physically touched the horn, the staff, the stone and been inside the kiln. We got a shock from touching guthix's sword in his chambers. So how long do you actually have to be around an elder artifact to become a god. And if you get all 12 will that make you into an elder?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

We do not know we have touched the horn, since there is no confirmation yet as to precisely what the horn is.

Also I'd question your definition of a demigod - All the known demigods are children of a god being they biological (Ictharlin and Amascut) or children created from the mind (Het, Crondis, Ampken, Scarabas) and notably the dream ones are weaker plus its feasible that the dream 4 aren't true demigods just powerful immortals. I don't think anything has actually outright said they are demigods (not 100% though)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

God power should run about:

Elders, Jas, maybe Dramen

Guthix, old Zaros (based on pre-TWW lore, not sure he had an artefact, but he is old - if no artefact when he came to Gielinor, he drops a level)

Saradomin (by virtue of having the crown and being so old), Seren (I suspect she has an artefact which has to do with crystal, she is also very old)

Zamorak (did get to use the stone and staff a bit, and drained a powerful god), Zaros, Tuska (who has no artefact anymore iirc, but is older than Zamorak), Armadyl (lost his staff)

Bandos (no known artefact and not known to be very old, though he could be I suppose, powerful enough to fight in the God Wars), Skargaroth (did have an artefact, but he was younger than Zamorak is now, when he died, I think)

Tumeken and related gods/godesses, Marimbo, Brassica Prime (lol), Karamjan gods, Fremmenik gods (if any) - no know artefacts here

Demigods, Tumeken's children and such, Mahjarrat and Dragonkin and perhaps us as well.

That's my guess anyway. Dragonkin are very powerful of course, but not full gods I think - their contact with the Stone is of a different kind.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Earlier, read a post on RSOF where somebody suggested "Kharid" as another god

Although that's desert related and I thought we had plenty of them fellas running about down there?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I don't think it's worth guessing on that god. There's not any good evidence for any of the place names.

Yeah I agree... For all we know Zamorak could have overthrown a lesser god in Morytania (maybe his name was Mori or Moryte). My point though is speculation right now isn't good for hard line lore enthusiasts, but it certainly is fun guessing potential backstory.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah I agree... For all we know Zamorak could have overthrown a lesser god in Morytania (maybe his name was Mori or Moryte). My point though is speculation right now isn't good for hard line lore enthusiasts, but it certainly is fun guessing potential backstory.

Mort Myre, Morytania etc. derive from romance word 'mort' meaning death. We actually have Death already ingame, do you propose him as a god? Didn't he serve Guthix?

BTW, "the lesser god" was Zaros.

Don't you find it fascinating that the signatures tend to take more space than posts themselves