Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

We did not see Armadyl or even many of his known followers.

One possible Armadyl is the right hand silhouette at the end

[hide=potential spoiler image]6BL8bro.jpg[/hide]

Just me, or does it look like these guys are wearing Obsidian Armour?

[hide]jUB13O5.png[/hide]

Another thing I noticed:

When it shows Zammy using Stone of Jas and zooms out the guy with his back to cam in centre foreground has clothing and bald head that seem very much like Nomad.

Just had a look and it is a very similar silhouette to Nomad

Don't think it is. The robes are wrong and he is dual wielding, rather than a spear.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

This is all kinds of awesome.

Out of these three:

p2mp9W3.jpg

Which one is supposed to be Jas? I guess the middle one. The one on the left reminds me of the TzHaar and Tok Haar, so I guess that one is responsible for the Elder Kiln. And the one on the right looks to be the creator of the Dramen tree, and by extension what are now known as the fairy ring networks.

Asmodean <3

[hide]jUB13O5.png[/hide]

Another thing I noticed:

When it shows Zammy using Stone of Jas and zooms out the guy with his back to cam in centre foreground has clothing and bald head that seem very much like Nomad.

Don't think it is. The robes are wrong and he is dual wielding, rather than a spear.

I thought he dual weild'd when he went berserk in the last phase?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

That was amazing, Guthix Visual, Bandos Visual, Zammy visual, origins explained, what the edict is, oh gosh i can't wat.

Why did this have to eb delayed....

'Cause 07Scape won't affect the main game.

[/sarcasm]

09144a99bb.png

[hide]jUB13O5.png[/hide]

Another thing I noticed:

I thought he dual weild'd when he went berserk in the last phase?

Also this is a war several centuries ago - he coulda got a new weapon

As for the arrow at Avianse note I said we don't see many, not we dont see any.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Out of these three:

p2mp9W3.jpg

Which one is supposed to be Jas? I guess the middle one. The one on the left reminds me of the TzHaar and Tok Haar, so I guess that one is responsible for the Elder Kiln. And the one on the right looks to be the creator of the Dramen tree, and by extension what are now known as the fairy ring networks.

I'd say the Rocky fella on the left is Jas...it's the stone of Jas after all, isn't it?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

The guy in the middle looks more 'rocky' to me, and one the on the left made of a more metallic type substance like the Tzhaar and TokHaar... although the green fissures running through it are similar to the ones running through the thing that held the stone in it's original resting place. Not sure :P

Asmodean <3

That was... Awesome. :shock:

Out of these three:

p2mp9W3.jpg

I'd say the Rocky fella on the left is Jas...it's the stone of Jas after all, isn't it?

Could be the one in the middle too. :P But it's most likely one of these two.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Curveball: All of them are J.A.S.

Jas is just a combination of the initial of their names.

:shock: *mind blown*

The Reddit thread has some good stuff in it for those who are interested.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I liked this idea and went to look for some information and found this: :P

JAS is a real-life acronym which stands for Java Application Server, the application that drives RuneScape's game engine. This may imply that Jas is some sort of godly being, necessary for the existence of Gielinor, for, as stated before, RuneScape as a whole relies on Java to keep it running. This may also reference his massive powers, as mentioned above. It may also imply that Jagex may be the "god" that "created" RuneScape both in a physical sense and in-game.

• Like 5

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Summary of some interesting stuff from reddit. *Disclamer, none of this is mine, purely copy/paste*

•  
    Well, Zaros was already gone from Gielinor before Guthix woke and ended the God Wars. My favorite theory is still that the Empty Lord is thus not bound by the Edicts of Guthix. Perhaps he can pass the barrier shown in the video?

•  
    I feel like that's going to happen, and Zaros is going to bring the walls down from the inside just so he/she/it can exact revenge on Zamorak and maybe just incite war for funsies.

•  
    You're somewhat right. Zaros is still banished by the Staff of Armadyl, but he did shake the world when we got contact with him again in Temple at Senntisten, so he can affect the world.
    Maybe he will indeed return for this quest. Temple at Senntisten is a requirement to see all the new stuff.

• The Elder Gods seem to be based on nature elements. We see a rock / lava creature (probably the Elder that created the TokHaar), a rock creature with what seem to be veins of ore (the colour seems like Daeyalt to me), and a tree-like creature, probably signifying the force of life.
    • The Stone of Jas was left unattended when the Elders Gods left.
    • Guthix is referred to as "he". Take that, RS Wiki :D
    • All the Gods that came after Guthix are portrayed as power hungry, brutal invaders. I suppose the propaganda about Saradomin being some sort of God of All that is Good, Love and Ponies will soon be busted.
    • Zamorak used the Stone of Jas. I'm not sure whether that had been revealed before; I can't remember the Pretender having been a False User.
    • Which leads us to the question: why didn't the Dragonkin intervene in the God Wars? Or... did they?
    • The Edicts of Guthix are more than just laws; there is an actual barrier created by Guthix that keeps the Gods out.
    • The Gods have been trying to break that barrier ever since, and it seems to be weakening. One of the focal points is definitely Daemonheim, where Bilrach tried to open the Rift to bring back Zamorak. Senntisten also seems to be a [racist term] in the armour as here Azzanadra has reestablished direct communication with Zaros.
    • The Stone of Jas features twice in this video; I believe that is not just historical reference but foreshadowing. It will be found again.

[*]

I'm pretty sure it's official that Zamorak obtained both the Stone of Jas and the Staff of Armadyl prior to obtaining godhood (which is why Lucien got both). but I'm not sure where to go to confirm it.

[*]

So empty world visited by an advanced alien creature. This creature brings the Stargate with him and invites other peaceful sentient beings. Hostile beings find the coordinates for this stargate and a war emerges. He then kicks our the leader and buries the stargate.

The World Wakes = Uncovering/Activation of said stargate?

[*]

Well it was already seen in meeting history (if i recall correctly)

[*]

The stargate is the Portal of Life, sometimes called the World Gate. As far as we know, it was closed when the First Age ended.

Just some of the better points.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Waaaaaait for it!!!:

The Origins of Gielinor - The Movie!

Would be a blast =D!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I liked this idea and went to look for some information and found this: :P

JAS is a real-life acronym which stands for Java Application Server, the application that drives RuneScape's game engine. This may imply that Jas is some sort of godly being, necessary for the existence of Gielinor, for, as stated before, RuneScape as a whole relies on Java to keep it running. This may also reference his massive powers, as mentioned above. It may also imply that Jagex may be the "god" that "created" RuneScape both in a physical sense and in-game.

It all makes sense now, the new god will be named HTML5.

• Like 4

That'd be funny if the quest was completely finished and ready to be released weeks ago; the only reason it was delayed was because they hadn't finished making that teaser video yet :lol:

I'd still be okay with that on the condition that they made this video the official trailer for RuneScape over that other weird one.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

That'd be funny if the quest was completely finished and ready to be released weeks ago; the only reason it was delayed was because they hadn't finished making that teaser video yet :lol:

I'd still be okay with that on the condition that they made this video the official trailer for RuneScape over that other weird one.

This a million times. The current one is pathetically bad.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Am I seriously the only one who couldn't stop thinking "LORD OF THE RINGS!" during that sequence? The entire thing felt like a copypasta of the intro for lord of the rings opening, at least in terms of music, voice over and sound and style, and even a few of the lines felt that way.

I am so mad quest was delayed but I like video :D

• Like 3

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Am I seriously the only one who couldn't stop thinking "LORD OF THE RINGS!" during that sequence? The entire thing felt like a copypasta of the intro for lord of the rings opening, at least in terms of music, voice over and sound and style, and even a few of the lines felt that way.

I am so mad quest was delayed but I like video :D

It's hardly a Lord of the Rings trademark - it's the basic formula of pretty much any cinematic intro to any fantasy world ever created.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm actually wondering what the video implies about the desert pantheon. It was always assumed that due to their lesser influence that the desert pantheon was immune to the edicts. However, now it appears that the head of the pantheon was locked out by the edicts. I'm wondering if this means that he was the only one of the pantheon powerful enough to be affected or if perhaps this means all his creations are not truly considered gods and that's why they weren't affected.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I'm actually wondering what the video implies about the desert pantheon. It was always assumed that due to their lesser influence that the desert pantheon was immune to the edicts. However, now it appears that the head of the pantheon was locked out by the edicts. I'm wondering if this means that he was the only one of the pantheon powerful enough to be affected or if perhaps this means all his creations are not truly considered gods and that's why they weren't affected.

It doesn't really change anything - it was established ages ago Tumeken is a true proper bonafide God.

Whilst Elinidiss (the wife) is a water/river spirit elevated to god status due to her husband.

Itchalrin and Amascut are demi-god children of the couple.

Het, Crondis, Ampeken, Scarabas are powerful beings sort of like demi-gods born from Tumeken's mind.

We already know the others are unaffected - We saw Elinidiss in her shrine iirc and we've seen Itchalrin, Amascut and Ampeken face-to-face.

Admittedly we never knew Tumeken was removed, but since we know he's a full blown God and this video gives more literal voice to the fact Guthix forcefully removed the gods and put up a shield to keep them out t makes sense he got booted out. It may also apply to Marimbo and Seren too - after all we do not know exactly how high their status is.

The real implication will be if the Edicts are going to fall and Tumeken returns how will that impact Amascut's plans? She seems to of gained a lot by his absence - She perverted Het's power to get him blamed for the Sophanem Plagues, she's been playing around with Itchalrin's power a bit, she tricked the Scarabites and thus abused Scarbas' power, she literally dismantled Ampeken to remove her power. Some how I doubt daddy will be happy with her.

Plv6Dz6.jpg