Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

The trouble with giving any reason at all at this stage is that it won't be seen as genuine.

If on friday prior to the video or in the video intro they had of said WHY it was delayed something other than 07scape might be disbelieved by some sceptics but most people would accept it. The entire glossing over it until forced to say something to quell the rage means even if they did say it was delayed due to bugs or w/e that most by this point would think 'yeah right they are just trying to give the reason that we won't be mad at'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't know why the apology wasn't enough? Even if you weren't distracted with 2007scape, the fact that they said anything on the matter other than "yeah shut up guys, it's coming" is a little surprising. I think it should at least be acknowledged they made a bit of improvement there.

How is this an improvement of any sort? There were hundreds of complaints lodged by thousands of players, continuously, yet absolutely not a single word from Jagex (though Forum Mods were instructed to hide certain posts that did not break any rules but were highly critical of Jagex). Even Jagex, usually notifies us about such things. The reason that they made no such effort to do so this time was because they knew there was no way they could justify it. They made a completely reprehensible delay, delaying a project that was much anticipated, promised, in order to start some completely new project that wasn't supposed to be released for another month or two. It's called common sense and decency. For a company that touts itself as being dedicated to its player-base, you're telling they me they couldn't have posted a note after hundreds of queries?

If my doctor knows before-hand that they can't make it to an appointment that I have scheduled with them, and I have some reason to suspect that this will be the case and I call them to confirm my appointment, my doctor doesn't ignore all my calls, and only lets me know on the day of the appointment when I have already arrived there, that there's going to be a delay. Why? Because my doctor isn't an [wagon]. If you can't make fulfill a forthcoming commitment to someone, you owe it to them to be honest about it and not play the "La-la-la-la, fingers in my ear, can't hear you" game. This isn't rocket science. This is basic social etiquette.

This is basic social etiquette.

But isn't that why they wrote out an apology instead of just a belated delay notice? Considering the quality of communication they had in the past, I didn't expect even that. Disgruntlement at having to wait & being ignored, I totally get, but this is better than what they usually do.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

This is basic social etiquette.

But isn't that why they wrote out an apology instead of just a belated delay notice? Considering the quality of communication they had in the past, I didn't expect even that. Disgruntlement at having to wait & being ignored, I totally get, but this is better than what they usually do.

I wouldn't say it's better at all - it's the same old reactionary posting to try and quell disgruntled users causing bad pr coming later than they ought to of addressed it as per usual. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a post at all if it wasn't for the fact the angry users were marring the 'success' story good pr for 07scape.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

But it isn't. I can vividly recall them notifying us about previous delays and apologizing immediately (for instance, Dungeoneering Occult Batch, Desert Task Diary, Mobilizing Armies and other cases). Also, as Sy_Accursed noted, this was a forced and completely half-hearted 'apology'. It is plainly clear that Jagex's initial modus operandi was to ignore all queries about this and hide any posts that they did not like. It was only because of a sustained uproar over this fiasco (which is still active) on RSOF and in the game that they were basically forced to acknowledge this days later. It was no sincere admission or contrition.

To be honest, I stopped caring much about the "it won't affect the main game" promise deceiving me into voting when I realised that the vote is basically irrelevant -- Jagex is going to release the tier 4 2007 game regardless, and have made it abundantly clear that the vote is basically as irrelevant as the initial free trade one.

If the "small surprise" is a neat teaser of any sort, then I'm satisfied. This stuff can take a while to program and I'd rather have something "cutesy" than a buggy mess.

EDIT to add probably the most important thing: we know we're getting an update this week. That means the dual wielding fixes etc are probably not going to be delayed.

Mod Mike had said that there'd be a "surprise" (on the delayed TWW delay announcement thread), which treacherously implied something for questers. Apparently that something was a bot nuke and more posts about 2007. Well, geez, that certainly makes up for what was essentially a 2 update month, most of which was dead content in a week. This is certainly shaping up to be "an year for the players".

Mod Mike had said that there'd be a "surprise" (on the delayed TWW delay announcement thread), which treacherously implied something for questers.

The week's not over yet. I'm willing to at least wait until there's nothing on Friday to reserve judgement.

Remember that whatever this is, it was probably programmed in a hurry.

Mod Mike had said that there'd be a "surprise" (on the delayed TWW delay announcement thread), which treacherously implied something for questers.

The week's not over yet. I'm willing to at least wait until there's nothing on Friday to reserve judgement.

Fair enough. Though, usually, updates are released by Wednesday (my timezone (MST), I live in Western Canada) at the latest. I am not expecting anything on Friday aside from BTS, which is not an update.

There's a "The World Wakes" song on the Jagex Soundcloud channel, handled by Mod Lord

Here's a link to it:

https://soundcloud.c...scapesoundtrack

Pretty atmospheric

And do remember that it's a medley of the different songs which may be in the quest

EDIT:

Here's a post by Mod Lord on the thread I saw the TWW medley mentioned

6dCM1HL.png

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

As nice as that medley is if this is the 'extra-cool surprise' Mod Mike mentioned I fear people will be raged again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

[bleep] THAT LOOKS AWESOME. ALMOST FORGIVEN THEM FOR DELAYING IT

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

[bleep] THAT LOOKS AWESOME. ALMOST FORGIVEN THEM FOR DELAYING IT

OMFG yes. now they just need to move towards acutal cut scenes instead of art work lol.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

*loregasm*

3 Elder gods?

Zammy and Guthix visual!

Explaination of tht big ass sword in Wildy

More races confirmed to be brought by Guthix.

The silhouettes at end must be as yet unseen gods.

*loregasm**loregasm**loregasm*

*dies*

The trio of Elder Gods is a nice touch imo - It sort of rehashes the original long since retconed lore where sara, guth and zammy made the world working together.

Idea dump:

The left hand one I would assume is the Tokhaar's master as they are said to of made the land and the mountains, despite the middle one looking most tokhaar related.

The one on the right looks kinda like the Dramen Tree spirit - could be possible the Elder god thing we have been holding that osbourne hinted at is the Dramen staff? Eg Dramen is an elder god.

One on the left the green bits seem kinda like Guthix's Tears.

Intriguing as well Gielinor was their last creation - does this mean something killed the Elder Gods?

If Gielinor was shielded how did Guthix find it in the first place? Did Guthix killed the Elder Gods?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also, at the point where it said "God fought God" and shows a visual of 2 characters on screen..

One looks like what Saradomin looked like..

The other looks like Pigface from the Manhunt games..Any clue who it's supposed to be or whos champion?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!