Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It looks fantastic, the music score sounds fantastic. Hopefully this quest brings the player into a sense of immersion that happens only a precious few times in RuneScape.

pokemonzx.png

OMGGG POKEMANS IN RUNESCAPE!!!

(Her Marill is the same size as her Charizard though... it clearly had one too many Rare Candies)

would explain why the hell seren's gone and the city's disappeared

City was already explained in the last quest.

yeah, city's gone cause the seed reverted.

why did the seed revert?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Prifddinas_report

Teh report specifically states with fear of attacks from the East and the Dark Lord the Elders purpose fully reverted the city - the implciation being this was done to stop others having access to it's power - eg the Tower of Voices that allowed elves commune with Seren even after the Edicts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looking forward to it, only complaint I can see is that it looks like everything takes place in one dungeon which is kinda sad. I miss the globe-trekking.

• Like 1

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

To be fair modern-day globe-trekking is no more than a ring teleport here, a teleport scroll there, a chipped tab for good measure...

Aquire item vulnerable to magic.

Has to walk around and not use magic to get around like Choc Ice.

That'd be fun.

To be fair modern-day globe-trekking is no more than a ring teleport here, a teleport scroll there, a chipped tab for good measure...

*Remembers One Small Favor in 2007*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I find the lack of requirements (and their intention to do the same more and more in the future) to be troubling. A GM quest by definition should not be accessible to everyone. Why should those people who haven't been here for Chapters 1-5 get to be here for the finale. It's just odd storytelling to me. Also, it's just another instances of Jagex easing the game for no reason (which will be detrimental long term). Instead of people having to sort of work for this, people can just instantly go and get started? Seems odd to me. 'The most important quest ever', is supposedly the antitheisis of all quests in this one respect, barely no requirements? Like I said, they're shooting themselves into the foot.

The reward for "working hard" is completing ROTM and having access to Glacors. Isn't that reward enough? The video implies that there will be a cascade of rewards from the quest, with the best stuff going to those whose skills are higher.

I see no problem in this. Why should I be denied from the lore of RuneScape because I don't want to train a certain skill? It's an RPG, after all.

I doubt we'll be seeing any progression in the Mahjarrat storyline. RotM and TWW will probably both be requirements in the next installment, however.

While I really hope some of the extra "rewards" will include lore and progress in the various stories, I'm not getting my hopes up.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The reward for "working hard" is completing ROTM and having access to Glacors. Isn't that reward enough? The video implies that there will be a cascade of rewards from the quest, with the best stuff going to those whose skills are higher.

It's not merely about rewards. Like I said it's probably better for the long-term survival of the game if such things aren't immediately accessible to everyone, RS is after all nothing more than grinding for goals. That's important, but not the main gripe for me. So it's not the rewards, it's the storyline structure. It's bad narrative. It's as if Shakespeare had had one proper Hamlet for everyone, and an abridged Hamlet which consisted of nothing more than a paraphrase of Act V. One should not be able to make sense of the finale (and this *is* a finale of sorts) without having done even the most minimal of effort in trying to understanding the introduction and the following Chapters.

I also worry that they might dumb down certain aspects in order to make it accessible to people who haven't done the other quests (thus lacking previous lore), but I reserve my judgment on that until after the quest.

I see no problem in this. Why should I be denied from the lore of RuneScape because I don't want to train a certain skill? It's an RPG, after all.

Most GMs have pitiful skill requirements. It'd hardly require much, if any effort. Alternatively, if you still didn't want to spent some time getting level 75 (which is usually what most GM quests stop at), you can always read the lore elsewhere after others have completed the quest.

I doubt we'll be seeing any progression in the Mahjarrat storyline. RotM and TWW will probably both be requirements in the next installment, however.

While I really hope some of the extra "rewards" will include lore and progress in the various stories, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Indeed, the video changed a lot about what I anticipated from this quest. For a quest like this with such story, I would be severly dissappointed if there isn't involvement of the Mahjarrat, the gods, the Dragonkin, and so on. I really hope that the video only shows the first part of the quest, because exploring a dungeon alone seems a bit dull, even if it is lore-filled. The most anticipated quest ever should have worldwide reactions, not solely you who ventures down somewhere en makes a big sword thingy glow red. I need compelling intertweening storylines, blood, twists, death (and Death himself), epic cutscenes and a tsunami of lore. Not just lore in a cave.

Tbf the video was very specifically spoiler free of the plot, so I wouldn't write off anything due to it.

However the fact they outright said 140 cmb to do the quest and other reqs are just for rewards doesn't bode so well for anything we'd speculated actually happening to do with Zaros etc. unless the rewards have to be 'unlocked' with further little mini-quests that do give us more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I actually hoped it to be RFD-esque ...

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Seems odd to me. 'The most important quest ever', is supposedly the antitheisis of all quests in this one respect, barely no requirements? Like I said, they're shooting themselves into the foot.

Except that it's probably going to work the same way as RFD: The base quest has comparatively low requirements, so you could do it fairly soon after starting the game. Finishing the quest, on the other hand, requires finishing every other major storyline in the game first.

You couldn't be farther from the truth in saying that it has barely any requirements, it's just that they're not strictly level-based. The story-based quest rewards you for progressing through the game's story - I don't really see a problem there. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than slapping an arbitrary 90+ requirement on it. :razz:

It's a very refreshing change from, say, Brink of Extinction.

• Like 1

Seems odd to me. 'The most important quest ever', is supposedly the antitheisis of all quests in this one respect, barely no requirements? Like I said, they're shooting themselves into the foot.

Except that it's probably going to work the same way as RFD: The base quest has comparatively low requirements, so you could do it fairly soon after starting the game. Finishing the quest, on the other hand, requires finishing every other major storyline in the game first.

You couldn't be farther from the truth in saying that it has barely any requirements, it's just that they're not strictly level-based. The story-based quest rewards you for progressing through the game's story - I don't really see a problem there. It makes a hell of a lot more sense than slapping an arbitrary 90+ requirement on it. :razz:

It's a very refreshing change from, say, Brink of Extinction.

I see the low requirement and yet I feel the intense need to do WGS and RotM because of the lore. I do agree that as a GM quest requirements should reflect that. It's like jumping into MGS4 without play 1 - 3. Easy access sure but unless you know the story before hand MGS4 would be very confusing and painful to play. But it doesn't bother me as much anymore. If it works as RFD then I'm for it. Right now the quest has low requirements, but those earlier quest rewards related teaser whatever like the Balmug upgrade needed completion of WGS and RotM. Those who feel the need to complete those two quest before TWW (or have already done it) will enjoy all the rewards more so than others.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I think it's a good idea to make main stories relatively accessible (~70s stats, which matches the 140 cb requirement) and rewards way into the 90s. Small side-quests at higher levels would be fine, but the 'main' story of RS (as written by WGS - ROTM etc.) is pretty key to the game.

That said, it'd be nice if the human/politics-flavoured quests would be expanded on as well. All these epic artefacts are all proper quest stuff, but there's not nearly enough of the Plague City - Biohazard - Regicide or the whole Red Axe line kind of quest, where it's just humans and low-powered humanoids messing about (to a backdrop of Certified Ancient Evil, true, but still humanoids at human power levels).

Doing the Temple Knights quest line in 2007 made me realize we weren't always derpy adventurers being saved by signature heroes half the time. For virtually no requirements, the Temple Knights are *eager* to recruit you, and you get to be totally badass and sound clever as well.

Also note that Monkey Madness, considered a tough quest, has only two requirements: The Grand Tree and Tree Gnome Village. That is: 25 agility and killing a black demon. Requirements don't make a quest tough or fun (MM is fun yes! despite all the poison).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd be okay with it, if it is set up the same way as RFD. That very well might be the case, though the way they wrote it came off to me as miniquests at the end, rather several sub-quest likes RFD.

I am more concerned about the lack of explicit quest requirements to be quite honest. Though, given that it is a GM quest, it should incorporate skills into it as well. Skills are one of the most fundamental aspects of the game and that should be reflected in areas such as quests. I can appreciate the odd quest here and there with no skill requirements, hell, they can even make a majority of the normal quests like that if they wish, but I hold GM quests (particularly the "most important quest yet") to a higher standard.

To reiterate, I'd be okay with a RFD style structure.

there's no repeated symbol to be the 2 'e's

Clearly you have NEVER been in the Wilderness Volcano before...

was referring to:

88082113.png

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png