Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Inb4 Void is rstill the best armour to use on 95% of enemies post update.

Obvious solution: nerf soul split. :twisted:

lol hopefully not...

I wonder how big a difference offensive/defensive armours make...

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Wait, so Nex, the main boss that seriously needed instancing and a hardmode, doesn't get an instance, and is just buffed, with no specific hard mode?

Well... [bleep].

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Wait, so Nex, the main boss that seriously needed instancing and a hardmode, doesn't get an instance, and is just buffed, with no specific hard mode?

Instancing Nex would cripple prices even more, and we've already seen how much Jadflax wants to keep Nex prices at a reasonable level. It would send prices right the way that Drygore prices have gone, i.e down the shitter. Nex doesn't need a hard mode, it just needs buffing. There's a suitable risk of death throughout, you don't need to give her a KK style magic ball attack that just screws everything up, just to make it "harder". That makes it stupid.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I don't see a problem with instances, if she's buffed enough that solo/duo is more difficult or impossible, prices will most likely rise, not crash.

Also, simply adding a larger cost to nex instances (500k?) would make solos not worth it, as currently you can only get 2 or 3 kills max per trip, compared to 6-10 duo, and 18 trio if you have a good tank and torva dpsers. I'm guessing this buff will just be 3x hp, damage cap upped to 5k, and maybe 50% boost to her damage, with a bit of defense thrown in too. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Nerfing soul split would make it useless in PvM situations, would it not? If it's less effective at maintaining health than Deflection Curses, then what's the point?

To make defense actually mean something, or to make it so you can't camp indefinitely at (admittedly lower-tier) boss monsters?

Nerfing soul split would make it useless in PvM situations, would it not? If it's less effective at maintaining health than Deflection Curses, then what's the point?

To make defense actually mean something, or to make it so you can't camp indefinitely at (admittedly lower-tier) boss monsters?

I'm pretty sure he means what would be the point of soul split then.

Edit: Unless we get to the point where a boss takes so long to get to that the extra kills will really outweigh the significant amount of time saved by using void/torva, defence will not matter. Alternatively, bosses could actually present a threat, but with the RNG this is pretty much impossible. We either have 1 hit ko moves (Kalphite King), where defence is ignored entirely, or random high hits (Jad) where you can get lucky and get hit a 300 or have him smite you in a single blow, both equally possible and lacking in challenge.

Now, I do like Kalphite King, I think he's an interesting boss and is fun to kill. However, his "signature move" is used only a few times per kill and the absolutely ridiculous amount of minions in the room quickly takes all the fun out of it. Most deaths are still because of you guessed it, random high hits, and while the bubbles are able to be dodged, the cumbersome .6 second delay and the obnoxious length of the mage phase again take the fun out of the kill.

Want to make defence matter? Let us use adrenaline to block attacks entirely just like barricade. Hits blocked will go straight to adrenaline and higher defence bonus will reduce the amount drained. Passing 0 adrenaline will have you take the full attack. This opens the door for bosses who can have extremely high hitting attacks that will take someone in void's entire bar out in one shot killing them, but only a quarter from someone in torva. Defence bonus will matter, and for once we could have a boss' attack require frequent feats of player skill rather than be a gimmick used once or twice per fight in order to label it the "toughest boss".

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Personally I don't see the issue with SS too much tbh - sure it lets you camp low end bosses pretty much indefinitely, but it is a higher tier prayer requiring over lvl 90 to even use. Of course it's going to be over powered against lower tier stuff, they can't balance high end stuff against how it performs on low end fights if they did everything would just be really rubbish.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just watched the video - not having your own PC sucks.

I really hope the making-levels-matter-more deal works out, and that the armour changes are good, but I'm afraid of two things:

1) Ports armour becomes useless.

2) Damage still won't be affected by levels - in the video, the mod only mentions hit chance.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Personally I don't see the issue with SS too much tbh - sure it lets you camp low end bosses pretty much indefinitely, but it is a higher tier prayer requiring over lvl 90 to even use. Of course it's going to be over powered against lower tier stuff, they can't balance high end stuff against how it performs on low end fights if they did everything would just be really rubbish.

I fully agree. It's nerfed enough with the 250 healing cap anyway.

Just watched the video - not having your own PC sucks.

I really hope the making-levels-matter-more deal works out, and that the armour changes are good, but I'm afraid of two things:

1) Ports armour becomes useless.

2) Damage still won't be affected by levels - in the video, the mod only mentions hit chance.

Isn't port armor already useless?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Well yeah, good point. Guess I should've said "stays useless".

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's worth noting that I don't actually know what I'm talking about, it just seems like our high level community complains when things are too easy, but complains harder if they can't indefinitely camp a boss that's balanced for lower levels.

It's worth noting that I don't actually know what I'm talking about, it just seems like our high level community complains when things are too easy, but complains harder if they can't indefinitely camp a boss that's balanced for lower levels.

It's not always a complaint that things are too easy, it's often an observation, albeit tinged with nostalgia. It's the change from when high tier upon realise of said activity was near enough the equivalent of mid tier now.

They complain when they can't camp something like GWD because it's the removal of something they find fun, being able to do it with little start up effort for the time spent there. Why is the fact that they object to the removal of an enjoyable activity so hard to accept?

There are plenty more profitable ways the high level community could spend their time, such as Nex, KK or QBD, but the first two require the set up of teams (Nex also requires the arduous requirement of finding a world, KK is just a troll of a boss) and QBD requires quite a lot of effort to reach the sort of Gp/h that these players are after (read 24kills/h plus).

As I said, criticising the higher level community for them doing something they find enjoyable is simply ludicrous. What do you expect them to do? For them to apologise for enjoying themselves and go back to grinding out hour after our for exp past level 99? Granted some find that enjoyable, but most don't. Seriously, it's a game, it's designed to be fun and enjoyable.

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

At least instancing means that lower-ish lvl people can actually attempt the bosses without the risk of being trolled by higher lvl people.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

As I said, criticising the higher level community for them doing something they find enjoyable is simply ludicrous. What do you expect them to do? For them to apologise for enjoying themselves and go back to grinding out hour after our for exp past level 99? Granted some find that enjoyable, but most don't. Seriously, it's a game, it's designed to be fun and enjoyable.

I'm not criticising them as much as the ones that complain whenever there's an update that isn't aimed at everyone with 90s in everything. I have nothing against players that enjoy bosses, but nothing for contempt for those that fight a mid-level boss with (frequently game-breaking) endgame gear and tactics, and complain that it's too easy.

As most of Tip.It falls into the latter category, this comes up fairly often :razz:

If jagex didn't insist on dragging low tier equipment up with damage boosts and prayer bonus we wouldn't have that problem as low level bosses wouldn't be good money for high level players.

• Like 4

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I checked with Avatar and PoP will be defensive and Nex is offensive however the difference between the two because of this means PoP will be far more useful in harder, more accurate hitting situations as it carries better armour and LP values. Things like this and Defence post-update should mean not considering Tank armour comes at a price. People can still use Nex gear and it will still be the best power armour however PoP armour will allow for safer and more sustainable kills.

One of the key things this update will address is that currently Nex gear can be considered Tank gear as well as offering DPS increases. With the change, it'll be Power not Tank so will come at a cost, thus increasing the gap between it and PoP gear.

Via MCL on the HLF

I checked with Avatar and PoP will be defensive and Nex is offensive however the difference between the two because of this means PoP will be far more useful in harder, more accurate hitting situations as it carries better armour and LP values. Things like this and Defence post-update should mean not considering Tank armour comes at a price. People can still use Nex gear and it will still be the best power armour however PoP armour will allow for safer and more sustainable kills.

One of the key things this update will address is that currently Nex gear can be considered Tank gear as well as offering DPS increases. With the change, it'll be Power not Tank so will come at a cost, thus increasing the gap between it and PoP gear.

Via MCL on the HLF

:wall: does he honestly think you need armor anywhere except like solo nex? Removing KC from gwd will make raw power much better then staying ability. Void is almost always the best armor right now (I did ~6 hours of bgwd in just void this weekend with no food, QBD it only isn't helpful if you're lazy, leaving pretty much tanking nex/kk). Defense is useless, and with levels playing a bigger part, equipment defense should be even more useless then it is now.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Via MCL on the HLF

:wall: does he honestly think you need armor anywhere except like solo nex? Removing KC from gwd will make raw power much better then staying ability. Defense is useless, and with levels playing a bigger part, equipment defense should be even more useless then it is now.

Does he have to think that?

I think it's a good mechanic for high levels to use nex gear for general slayer and maybe some bosses that are meant for level 60 or 70 gear. It will have almost no defense and will provide good DPS. Then when they fight something that requires decent defense (Nex, QBD, KK), tank armor will be essentially required.

I honestly doubt that Nex gear will suffice for GWD. You might have to use barrows at a minimum to stay for more than a few kills.

Ideally, Obsidian armor is going to become the T80 class all/hybrid with the removal of x3 splinter damage (pretty much confirmed by the video I believe).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Glacor boots/Automaton gloves become offensive alongside an introduction of PoP boots/gloves and perhaps further T85 offensive head/body/leg slots over the coming year.

To fill in the gaps, Chaotic armor could be introduced for T80 defensive and Hybrid could be made useable outside of minigames for T85 hybrid. I realize of course that some pieces of Hybrid gear are quite easy to get (namely gloves) and others take inordinately long times (helms, legs), but I'm sure something could be done to make it fairer, compared to obtaining other equipment pieces of the same levels.

I'm not really sure what they could do at tier 70, however. Perhaps Elite Void could be bumped up a bit to become the hybrid class there?

The truth is that Nex and PoP armors should have never been considered direct competition for one another as they're on two different tiers, especially considering that the 5-level difference means a greater disparity in stats the further up the tiers you go.

2dgucz6.png