Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Keldagrim has an advantage in that it is entirely in its own area, so they can expand it and rearrange it as they like, without eating into surrounding countryside. They could basically do what they did with TzHaar City, and make a huge, bustling metropolis. Just add an item that can tele you to the important areas and it'll all be good.

tbh, dwarf stuff does need an overhaul, but gnome area's a bit lackluster too, although it's still functional on some level

pirate quest hasn't really brought anything to the table since barrelchest anchor and eyepatch shenanigans, so they're probably gonna get the short end of the three sided stick

8f14270694.jpg

I voted gnomes because they have a potential for another city to open. I think the story line between the dwarves and the gnomes are kind of tied with the pirates strangely falling behind. Sorry... ninja money's? Really?...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That Gnome guy seemed kinda.. Uncomfortable doing what he was doing, lol. Voted for Pirates anyway.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I clicked all 3 cause I like all 3 equally.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really hope they do something like TzHaar but also add more NPCs doing stuff, like how they go through doors and haul ore, and have more dwarves doing general mining/work in the area. Make it feel more alive. Definitely could also add an extra teleport to important area would be very useful.

I voted Gnome because it's one of the oldest quest lines.

Pirates would be interesting, and dwaves I only didn't vote for because they had the King quest, which was pretty decent "not quite ending", and fairly recent compared to last gnome quest.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Not much of an avid quester but I did enjoy some of the pirate series up to now, real fun. I voted dwarves because i'm always hoping for more mining & smithing updates but I can't predict that.

Dwarf racists xD

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Pirate quests: big on interesting and strange things, very bad in terms of quest rewards. Besides, the gnomes seem to have the most interesting and strange thing for their quest anyway, so even then pirates are gonna lose out on that.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

We are supposed to get all three this year anyway, this should just dictate order.

Dwarves will be nice as its a series ender.

Gnomes will be nice since it sounds like we FINALLY get into Arposanda and find out what it really is behind the illusions.

Pirates sounds nice because we've only really had 1 quest where the vague strands in pirate themed quests started coming together and an all out pirate warfare jobby sounds nice.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I stopped caring about the quests a long time ago when it became abundantly clear that Jagex was just going to continue to renew, and subsequently break, their vow on completing existing series before working on new storylines. Stephen King writes entire novels faster than Jagex can put out a single quest, which is pretty sad.

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

To be fair, jagex does have pressures different from a novelist. The longer the quest line goes the higher it is for new players to do (barrier to entry) and many players don't even know about a lot of things simply due to lack of awareness of aspects of the game.

They should be better than they are, but they do have pressures of newer players who weren't there during the release of old quests.

But yea I get that they really should finish old quest lines.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

To be fair, jagex does have pressures different from a novelist. The longer the quest line goes the higher it is for new players to do (barrier to entry) and many players don't even know about a lot of things simply due to lack of awareness of aspects of the game.

They should be better than they are, but they do have pressures of newer players who weren't there during the release of old quests.

One man is outpacing an entire team of game devs tasked with putting out a sequel.

Also, what does "lack of awareness of aspects of the game" mean specifally, and why should a quest be delayed because of it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

One man is outpacing an entire team of game devs tasked with putting out a sequel.

Also, what does "lack of awareness of aspects of the game" mean specifally, and why should a quest be delayed because of it.

I really agree with you on this... Writing a novel and making content for this game are two different "races."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Definitely dwarves. Their graphical update feels like it's been years in the making (at least since a few halloweens ago, I believe?). Not to mention when the Red Axe quests were first released I remember very specifically J's mentioning there would be 8 quests total in the line.

2dgucz6.png

I'd love for a month or two where they just finish all the quest lines they have running, or at least add another part or two, but alas, I know that won't happen.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

You're write. A novelist has real deadlines.

To put it in another perspective, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed, edited, and all three were released into theaters in less time than some of Jagex's quest sequels.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You're write. A novelist has real deadlines.

I geddit!!!

Anyone else kind of unsatisfied at how the poll is being run?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Anyone else kind of unsatisfied at how the poll is being run?

Yeah I wish it was a normal poll on the front page.

The Dwarves are winning, followed by the Gnomes. I wish the Gnomes would have won, but I am happy to finally see the end of the Dwarf quest.

On an added note, if Elves was a choice, they would have blown all the other choices away.