Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

True global chat does not make sense with 2k players per world.. at ALL.

However, I would like to be able to re-order icons in menus (prayers, skills etc

I would like to be able to put multiple action bars up, and have more saves than 5.

New interface looks like typical MMO interface

0. I want better camera controls

1. I want to remove tabs titles

2. I want to put my inventory in middle of screen, on my character

3. I want to move prayers icons so I will have turmoil and ss on top of prayer tab

4. I want to hide all tabs

5. I want global chat to be global so I will be able to talk with ppl doing gwd while I'm doing barrows

6. I want more chat rooms, I want to be able to be in 5 friends chats and 2 clan chat at the same time

7. I want save/load interface option

8. I want to put on my screen more than 1 action bar and make them bigger/smaller

9. I want to make minimap smaller/bigger

If they will not mamek this, new interface will be 2/10

0. I want this to, hopefully we get some, but I think that comes more with HTML5's better draw distance for one.

1. This is definitely a must.

2. Yes, we should be able to put inventory whereever we want.

3. Yes I would like drag-drop icons within screens

4. I am pretty sure we'll be able to do this.

5. This is stupid. See above posts. This is what friends chat is for.

6. This would be nice. And better log filters so that chat logs from public don't destroy messages in private or friends.

7. This had better exist so that you don't have to recustomize constantly

8. Yes that would be nice. Multiple action bars, with ability to hotkey them to seperate keys

9. YES! This would be nice

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just because its called "global chat" doesn't mean its literally the whole world. For all we know global might mean certain locations. Damn, go play WoW for a bit.... Global chat, in WoW, is the chat in certain zones. For all we know jagex could have certain zones such as the clan camp, falidor, etc. or even have a designated radius for picking up player chat.

EDIT: If you didn't notice action bars went from 12 to 14 slots which allows for more stuff to be added into rotation. I honestly see this addition because of the noticeable stress in trying to add potions, prayers, food, etc. into one bar while trying to keep a decent combat rotation inside the bar.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just because its called "global chat" doesn't mean its literally the whole world. For all we know global might mean certain locations. Damn, go play WoW for a bit.... Global chat, in WoW, is the chat in certain zones. For all we know jagex could have certain zones such as the clan camp, falidor, etc. or even have a designated radius for picking up player chat.

How is this any different from public chat (or themed friends chats)?

Serena_Sedai.png

Its not any different, but I would suppose its a change in how the system works due to the game not having any loading zones. Then again the global chat looks like its a separate piece from the rest. I suppose it may even be a separate entity that can me pulled up or hidden at a whim.

I would like to go into this beta with a positive forward thinking mindset. At the best I could see a global chat offering the players the opportunity to find other players looking for certain things such as teams, assistance, etc. I could honestly see players going about their business, pulling it up occasionally to say something like "LFM nex, 5 man w/ drygores." Speaking of which it would be interesting if chat could be copy and pasted into the chat (pending a few flood control mechanics being introduced).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Its not any different, but I would suppose its a change in how the system works due to the game not having any loading zones. Then again the global chat looks like its a separate piece from the rest. I suppose it may even be a separate entity that can me pulled up or hidden at a whim.

I would like to go into this beta with a positive forward thinking mindset. At the best I could see a global chat offering the players the opportunity to find other players looking for certain things such as teams, assistance, etc. I could honestly see players going about their business, pulling it up occasionally to say something like "LFM nex, 5 man w/ drygores." Speaking of which it would be interesting if chat could be copy and pasted into the chat (pending a few flood control mechanics being introduced).

I don't see why loading zones would have any effect on the chat radius - the current radius has nothing to do with that after all.

'Global' just seems to be a re-name for 'all' mode or for 'public' mode from the shots we have.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Double post, I know bad Sy but thought I just had that feels like it ought to be a new post:

I wonder of tear and share interfaces extends to the context sensitive ones (eg port, pyramid plunder, cwars etc) and if so will we be able to have like a 'view-as' setting usable for building our layouts to place all the context sensitive ones.

Eg set view-as dungeoneering you can't move or play the game but it'll make the key bar and such visible for you to place.

Then set-as Castlewars and place those huds.

Or an alternate route would be homogenising a lot of these interfaces eg have 1 context sensitive 'mini-game' bar that fills with various things subject to the game being it fish flingers, cwars etc. leaving only a few unique ones for extra palcement (eg dg keybar)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Global chat in Guild wars 2 is just in certain locations. Not the whole world. I'd assume Runescape will follow suit.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Frustrating to hear that they were making changes to CW since some people were complaining that they didn't "get any benefit from it." :wall:

I agree with a lot of your arguments about people missing the point in minigames, but this is nothing more than giving the losers a sort of consolation prize, something that most other minigames now give. Castlewars will still be worthless for anything more than some safe pvp flag capturing.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The changes they made don't seem to affect things outside of castlewars (armor bonuses giving stuff for castle wars only) and little concession awards which also appear to be cw only.

It doesn't appear to be full game rewards.

---

As for public chat vs global, I am fine with increasing radius of public chat, but for larger global spaces you can easily use themed friend chats (Jagex could even host a few ones?) I don't understand what the difference is?

I do hope that each area can be edited while you aren't there, and that the custom stuff per area is more generalized. :)

Serena_Sedai.png

Noticed these symbols were the same at Nex Bank and Guthix's Shrine. Thoughts?

2vVVk.jpg

2vW3V.jpg

My immediate thoughts are something to do with Sliske

EDIT: spoke to Nex Banker

2vWQm.jpg

2vWSV.jpg

2vWTD.jpg

• Like 3

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I dont know if that symbol was there pre GWD graphic updates, anyone have any idea?

also,

Did she say that pre TWW? (I had never spoken to her then)

And I guess, this kinda hints that Sliske was planning what happened in TWW for a while.. But that could purely be me being tired and imagining things.

Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It was included during the GWD graphical update. I suppose it was included in their god wars storyline blending. They probably added it to show that Sliske was in fact here instead of relying exclusively on lore stating so.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah, symbol was there pre-TWW, and Ashuelot has said that since Nex was released.

Maybe the symbol is Sliske's way of grafitting "been there, done that"? :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If anything I'd say that symbol is Guthixian not Sliske's doing - he didn't have time to do it in TWW - plus it occurs in front of Guthix's resting place on a point Sliske never stood and where Guthxian's sealed Nex away. I'd hazard a guess Guthix used it to seal himself away.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If anything I'd say that symbol is Guthixian not Sliske's doing - he didn't have time to do it in TWW - plus it occurs in front of Guthix's resting place on a point Sliske never stood and where Guthxian's sealed Nex away. I'd hazard a guess Guthix used it to seal himself away.

A very good theory... I much rather Sliske be a gangster, but your makes much sense.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If anything I'd say that symbol is Guthixian not Sliske's doing - he didn't have time to do it in TWW - plus it occurs in front of Guthix's resting place on a point Sliske never stood and where Guthxian's sealed Nex away.

Pic taken from RsWiki

[hide= Hidden for those who haven't done TWW yet]2wal0.jpg[/hide]

He's standing there and I don't think the symbol is there either

If anything I'd say that symbol is Guthixian not Sliske's doing - he didn't have time to do it in TWW - plus it occurs in front of Guthix's resting place on a point Sliske never stood and where Guthxian's sealed Nex away.

Pic taken from RsWiki

[hide= Hidden for those who haven't done TWW yet]2wal0.jpg[/hide]

He's standing there and I don't think the symbol is there either

The symbol is there, just the left of his foot and if you rewatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKGqnlDgDQ

At 2:01-ish the symbol is clearly there before Sliske teleports in.

Admitted I misremembered where he stood, I thought he stood on the top tier, but even so the symbol is there before he is and the fact it occurs in 2 places where a Guthixian sealing spell thing has been made still stands.

Though rewatching has reminded me on something else - a huge flaw in any argument Sliske will become a god.

One piece of info Guthix gave us in his dying and memories was he felt the godly power when the blood touched him - it was not simply the act of killing a god that did it. It was specifically the blood touching him, we know Guthix got blood on him when he stabbed Tuska and Skargaroth. When Zammy stabbed (yes the lore very expressly says stabbed) Zaros in the back with the stave it'd be near impossible for him to of not got blood on him also. Sliske remained several feet away from Guthix and blasted him with a spell, that didn't seem to leave an open wound - there was no blood and certainly none of it got on to him. By the own setup of the lore he can't obtain godhood this way.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg